Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Potato Salad posted:

what's the title about

was this elon posting something desperately lonely or is this about Trump begging his wife to come home for Valentine's Day

░F░U░C░K░M░E░I░N░B░I░O░

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Potato Salad posted:

what's the title about

was this elon posting something desperately lonely or is this about Trump begging his wife to come home for Valentine's Day

Just a funny phrase in a critique of the site

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Potato Salad posted:

what's the title about

e:f,b ^

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Potato Salad posted:

what's the title about

Bot runners were talking about the golden age that Musk has brought them and it was one of their successful campaigns that made them a bunch of cash.

EDIT: drat y'all are quick.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. biblical literalism is loving dumb but the genuin history of the bible and its writings and what got tossed and what stayed is genuinly interesting. like all the gospels were written at different times for different audiances and jesus was probably an end times rebels who wanted to burn rome and the establisment down.

I realize this is a weird place to ask, but since we've touched on the topic - are there books on the history of how the Bible came together that y'all would recommend?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ben shapino posted:

You couldn't burn down Rome today. They wouldn't let you.

The woke mind virus hates freedom

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Habibi posted:

I realize this is a weird place to ask, but since we've touched on the topic - are there books on the history of how the Bible came together that y'all would recommend?

not specifically the bible but a pretty good overview of historical jesus and the paul aftermath
ZEALOT: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
https://www.amazon.com/ZEALOT-Life-Times-Jesus-Nazareth/dp/140006922X

also anything buy Bart D. Ehrman though he can get repeditive and up his own rear end sometimes.

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc

Habibi posted:

there's also a history books megathread where someone has probably already answered that question https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3458502&pagenumber=134&perpage=40

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Habibi posted:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also anything buy Bart D. Ehrman though he can get repeditive and up his own rear end sometimes.

doubling down on Ehrman works
but though the great courses.
https://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/new-testament

Don't let the price scare you. The audio lectures could be available though the library, and they have a ton of sales the drop the price by half or 75%, and they have a subscription service now.

Also he has a youtube channel, and yeah he is repetitive.
But if you're new to it, it's good because you don't have to read everything he writes.
https://www.youtube.com/@bartdehrman

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Habibi posted:

Not books, but a Youtuber called Aron Ra has a good series on how things came about.
He's a long timer on YT, so may see vids from like 12+ years ago on it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Misquoting Jesus is pretty short and packed with good stuff.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Thanks y'all!

And yes I realize the History Books thread would be the place to ask, but since the topic came up I figured a few posters might have recommendations at hand. Apologies for making GBS threads up the poo poo Man thread with academic minutiae, goons.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Habibi posted:

Thanks y'all!

And yes I realize the History Books thread would be the place to ask, but since the topic came up I figured a few posters might have recommendations at hand. Apologies for making GBS threads up the poo poo Man thread with academic minutiae, goons.

With how important the bible (new Testaments) is to western culture/everybody in the world,
knowing those works make it easier to understand how brain hosed musky and his fans are.
Like for christans, every time is the apocalyptic times.

"Grow fruitful and multiply" - Musk "We need more babies!"

The channel Useful charts does a good job of organizing the bible visually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSkXmFun14

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Speaking about it, Ive read in X, the everything app and single source of Truth, that Putin opened the oldest vault and found proof that Jesus was black, shocking Europe

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

doubling down on Ehrman works
but though the great courses.
https://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/new-testament

Don't let the price scare you. The audio lectures could be available though the library, and they have a ton of sales the drop the price by half or 75%, and they have a subscription service now.

Also he has a youtube channel, and yeah he is repetitive.
But if you're new to it, it's good because you don't have to read everything he writes.
https://www.youtube.com/@bartdehrman

yeah. i also reccomend his courses but pick ones of differing topics because their is ALOT of overlap in some. also i use audible and they tend to be 10 bucks cheaper there.

Habibi posted:

Thanks y'all!

nah your fine.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

shyduck posted:

yeah the "chores" I'm sure you have a lot of urges for help with chores

For anyone curious, Musk's post is just "domo arigato mister roboto" because why would he use another language for anything other than posting tired clichés

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Habibi posted:

Thanks y'all!

It's a nice break from all the nazi garbage.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I can't stop laughing at IMC thinking of amazing hypothetical futuristic robot technology and going "sweet, it can help me put the dishes away!" It's like a glimpse into happier times, like when Elon was mostly just being an idiot by making fart buttons and BS promises about Tesla tech implementation.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
The Russians just put their own dishes away

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ian needs a robot to sort his guns from his weed

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

shyduck posted:

wait there's more

dude needs a robot to stack poo poo in a cupboard. what an absolute failure of a human being

Elon's frog face slowly divoting downwards at the mention of the INFERIOR DISGUSTING VAPID WHOOOORE APP Instagram

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
sure is weird that manchildren dream of supa tech is it doing the most mundane things. well atleast the sfw things.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Remember the Tesla bot?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Full Self Dancing release by end of year

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Bogus Adventure posted:

Remember the Tesla bot?

The thing that kills me about this GIF every time it's posted is the "robot" is during the worst dance imaginable, it looks like some turn of the century ragtime dance.

edit: I think there's some Jazz Hands in there at one point.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

koshmar posted:

The thing that kills me about this GIF every time it's posted is the "robot" is during the worst dance imaginable, it looks like some turn of the century ragtime dance.

I assumed these were all fortnite dances or something.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. biblical literalism is loving dumb but the genuin history of the bible and its writings and what got tossed and what stayed is genuinly interesting. like all the gospels were written at different times for different audiances and jesus was probably an end times rebels who wanted to burn rome and the establisment down.

100%, I’ve read a stupid amount of books about the development of the Bible, both Hebrew and NT.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

100%, I’ve read a stupid amount of books about the development of the Bible, both Hebrew and NT.

any you would recomend?

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Songbearer posted:

Well, well, well! If it isn't a member of the motorcycle gang! Leather jackets, really? Hello, the 50's called! I'd take it for myself, but I'm not sure I could handle the smell! Maybe it's the cigar you're chomping? Oh, you're putting it out on me? Sorry, but I don't smoke!! :elon::elon::elon:

lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

koshmar posted:

just needs better training data

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

koshmar posted:

I took it to be the outcome of the dancer being told by Musk to dance "silly" or something like that

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

potato! posted:

I took it to be the outcome of the dancer being told by Musk to dance "silly" or something like that

Elon sitting like Arnold in the dark in True Lies telling the person in the robot suit "No. Dance.... silly"

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

thathonkey posted:

just needs better training data

He looks like he's going to retract his head like a turtle.

Maybe that's why his chest looks so weird in that one picture, he needs space for that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Joining the sack of Rome to impress chicks and try to get a goth GF

Big bladed Goth GF

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Mudlark posted:

i have no photoshop skills but i must post

seamless, good job

kru
Oct 5, 2003

koshmar posted:

It's already doing blackface, may as well go the whole way

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Double down, don't back down imho

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BigglesSWE posted:

Give me your opinion on the Synoptic Problem, i.e. the timeline of the writing of Matthew, Mark, and Luke and what sources each author used.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

any you would recomend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Da The Vinci Code