Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://youtu.be/C-CG5w4YwOI?si=VmHFcMcxDIxHxVSF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

The Locator posted:

If Ukraine is CIA, and CIA is USA, then Russia has attacked USA. Why have we not flattened Russia by now?

The metal gear solid 4 war economy and/or nooks, OP.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The CIA exists in a superposition of simultaneously being rank incompetents and secretly controlling all world events. The superposition only collapses when you post.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Putin is also CIA.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

The CIA is the reason I'm over the age of 30 and live with my parents, can't keep a job, and can't take anxiety meds (Too worried about Ukraine killing all those people)

Maybe all this posting online all day will salve these maladies

Oh wow, you're being targeted by the CIA too?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

CIA is 1337

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1773798481125093798
Based Macron :homebrew:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

The US should do this and just start feeding all the airplanes and ships sitting in storage in the desert accidentally and see what the Ukrainians do with it all (and of course take notes)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The US should do this and just start feeding all the airplanes and ships sitting in storage in the desert accidentally and see what the Ukrainians do with it all (and of course take notes)
I heard you have many B-52s just sitting around doing nothing...

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Pontificating rear end posted:

Say what you want about the CIA, but those guys sure accomplish a lot based on how much I hear people talking about them being responsible for significant world events. I want to be on whatever they're taking, I'd probably get more housework done haha!

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the terror group CIA. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i always like how russia genuinly views the world as still "HARD" imperial/colonial power situation, like yeah no poo poo the west does alot of hosed up poo poo to other countries and etc, but like its usually cloaked in more appealing euphimisms/etc. this is just kaiser willie "we need our place in the sun" poo poo. like your reasoning is all stupid revisionist bullshit made up by arsticratic boot lickers in like 1889.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

mobby_6kl posted:

I believe they will be called “drone motherships” and will air yeet clouds of drones over the battlefield.

Some of those drones may or may not be F-15s. Some of them may be F something elses, too the fog of war can make it hard to tell what with Russia shooting down its own planes on a clear day.

F-22? Nah!

F-35? Unpossible!

Who put that A-10 there, it’s not even an F!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Toxic Mental posted:

Wow I guess they should just surrender and let themselves get ethnically cleansed

magical thinking about bombing belarus without repercussions will surely bring about victory

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

zone posted:

So this is what the second army of the world is now reduced to.

I bet the NATO countries are selling gasoline to Belarus like crazy...

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

More like the US Navy has hundreds of these older tomahawks just sitting around and we'd really like to replace them with newer missiles.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Warbadger posted:

More like the US Navy has hundreds of these older tomahawks just sitting around and we'd really like to replace them with newer missiles.

I think the figure was somewhere around 3,000 units they are trying to get rid of. Unless the process has already started.

mobby_6kl posted:

Sort of. They're currently requiring some drastic reassembly after their date with the guillotine.

"There are 72 aircraft in inventory as of 2022; 58 operated by active forces (2nd Bomb Wing and 5th Bomb Wing), 18 by reserve forces (307th Bomb Wing), and about 12 in long-term storage at the Davis-Monthan AFB Boneyard."

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

If we're all just CIA deep down, maybe the real treasures are the assets we made along the way?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Bohemian Nights posted:

magical thinking about bombing belarus without repercussions will surely bring about victory

Yes because clearly you're talking in magical terms as well here

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Sedgr posted:

If we're all just CIA deep down, maybe the real treasures are the assets we made along the way?

I'm an analyst, I came up with SeaQuest DSV. :colbert:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1773812014684438960

quote:

President Zelenskyi delivered a stark message to US Congress as Russian missiles were pounding southern Ukraine: Give us the weapons to stop the Russian attacks, or Ukraine will escalate its counterattacks on Russia’s airfields, energy facilities and other strategic targets.

"The reaction of the U.S. was not positive on our attacks on oil refineries," he confirmed, but Washington couldn’t limit Ukraine’s deployment of its own home-built weapons. "We used our drones. Nobody can say to us you can’t," Zelenskyi said.
Let's get dangerous.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I remember a :byetankie: one time saying that if gasoline was $20 a gallon everything would be fine and nothing bad would happen, in fact it would be good because Americans would learn how to really live only for the necessities. No, BIPOC and poor people wouldn't be affected disproportionately! Of course not!

I wonder what they'd say now

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Belarus became a participant in this war after they let Russia launch its invasion force towards Kyiv from its territory. There would be repercussions but I think you are overstating that fact.

What equipment are the French retiring?

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i always like how russia genuinly views the world as still "HARD" imperial/colonial power situation, like yeah no poo poo the west does alot of hosed up poo poo to other countries and etc, but like its usually cloaked in more appealing euphimisms/etc. this is just kaiser willie "we need our place in the sun" poo poo. like your reasoning is all stupid revisionist bullshit made up by arsticratic boot lickers in like 1889.

Yeah I'm increasingly getting similar 'vibes' from Putin and Russia, to those that Wilhelm II and Imperial Germany out out.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not comparing their historical/economic/political/military, etc situations - they're very different... But there ARE parallels in the emotional and petulant whining that both constantly put out. Both portrayed themselves as permanent victims, denied their place in the sun by their rivals (ie: not agreeing to carve up and 'cede' other states to them, even ones their rivals didn't actually control).

Both also whined about being surrounded and menaced by their neighbours who refused to do the reasonable thing and totally subjugate themselves to German/Russian interests. And both had their leadership constantly perpetuate of myths of national grievance and foreign collaboration/conspiracies against them.

Its dangerous when the leadership of a country not only uses this kind of thing as propaganda, but starts to emotionally absorb it themselves - everything will always be viewed through this lens... And as what they ask for is actually impossible (as the world doesn't work like that - its not EU4 where you are fabricating claims and trading provinces to map paint), it sets the stage for further resentment and future clashes/conflict later down the line.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1773832303317237869

quote:

⚡️ Lithuania has harshly reacted to Lukashenko’s statements about the Suwalki corridor.

The day before, Belarusian propagandists published a video in which Lukashenka addressed his military officer and asked if he could "seize the territory of Poland".

He also mentioned the Suwalki Corridor and hurled accusations at Warsaw and Vilnius.
You and what army? those clowns performing circus tricks for the benefit of credulous idiots?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Telling the country giving you the vast amount of money, armament, and (assumingly) intel to do what they want OR ELSE is never a good idea. The Right is going to run with this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

istewart posted:

Not disagreeing that it's kinda cringe, but I also feel like this is a deep cut unless you're so nerdy as to be into the Star Trek soundtracks, not just the show. I gotta wonder how many people actually present would've pegged it as being from Star Trek, just as much as I wonder who the heck chose it.

I've also heard a couple times over the years that Jerry Goldsmith more or less copy'n'pasted the same theme song for Air Force One with Harrison Ford the year after First Contact came out, so if that's where they cribbed it from, uh... that's even more cringe...

Similarly Leonard Rosenman was all salty about how the Bakshi Lord of the Rings movie had flopped at the box office, so he basically just reissued the same main theme for Star Trek II IV the one with the whales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjsWr9FT824

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYuAdOWVcEc

it's me, the cringe nerd king who thinks the Sweden thing is kinda cool

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 30, 2024

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

pro starcraft loser posted:

Telling the country giving you the vast amount of money, armament, and (assumingly) intel to do what they want OR ELSE is never a good idea. The Right is going to run with this.

Who care about them?

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

OR ELSE (we'll attack the country attacking us) isn't really a threat, who gives if a gently caress if The Right runs with it, they already are.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

I feel if the American right wing hadn't been loving around in Congress and obstructing the flow of ammo and aid then this could be seen as Ukraine acting out of pocket. However as the US is becoming an increasingly flimsy ally it kind of forces Zelenskyy's hand. They are launching the attacks into Russia because that's what they can do given the resources they have. It lovely for their allies to withhold aid but still insist for them to only fight the way they approve of. Ukraine would much rather have the weapons to stop the Russian advance and push them out of their territory than attacking "non-military" targets inside Russia.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Chuds are gonna scream it regardless.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Monica Bellucci posted:

I'm an analyst, I came up with SeaQuest DSV. :colbert:

Did you get to meet the dolphins?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Chuds are gonna scream it regardless.

Also this. To repurpose their own phrasing, gently caress their feelings. Kowtowing to the right gets you nothing, they are gonna poo poo their pants and fling it all over regardless.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

weg posted:

Also this. To repurpose their own phrasing, gently caress their feelings. Kowtowing to the right gets you nothing, they are gonna poo poo their pants and fling it all over regardless.

:hmmyes:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Sedgr posted:

Wait, I'm CIA?

Where's my government slush fund of money with poor oversight and even worse recordkeeping?

Nah, the right isn't saying "no" to any of the Ukraine military support; instead, they're twisting the arm of foreign aid for leverage. "Protect the borders instead of sending the money overseas" is entirely whataboutism as a political plank used to bludgeon liberal politicians, because that excuse suddenly evaporates when you point the very same words at ~other conflicts elsewhere in the world~ and they have to bend over backwards justifying their obscene doomsday military charities instead of putting that same money into domestic programs.

Unlike Putin, Zelenskyy is making credible shows of escalation and is actually capable of doing them. Crippling fuel production is a legitimate wartime interest, but has the added benefit of being a very established economic sector to affect, as the consequences will definitely be felt outside the conflicting countries.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Sedgr posted:

Did you get to meet the dolphins?

Sex mad. We lost so many PAs to Darwin you'd think Ben Affleck was on set.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Mistle posted:

Unlike Putin, Zelenskyy is making credible shows of escalation and is actually capable of doing them. Crippling fuel production is a legitimate wartime interest, but has the added benefit of being a very established economic sector to affect, as the consequences will definitely be felt outside the conflicting countries.

If someone gets me in a chokehold, hammerfist obliterating their nuts might be an escalation but gently caress em I ain't letting them suffocate me lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

weg posted:

Yeah. Like the chuds are holding up the cash for Ukraine and we still do missile rear ment for Israel so yeah, I kinda hope Ukraine just kills putin somehow.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

weg posted:

If someone gets me in a chokehold, hammerfist obliterating their nuts might be an escalation but gently caress em I ain't letting them suffocate me lol

Yeah but the risk is the thing stopping the guy chokeholding you from bodyslamming you into a table Buffalo style is saying "please don't hammerfist him in the nuts".

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Even if you got paid to put gas in your own car by gas stations they would still complain about their money going to Ukraine!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Question regarding Belarus and gasoline.

Is Russia actually buying it or just taking it at cost or lower?