Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
mike knowing what a kaiber crystal is but not remembering that episode 1 takes place before episode 3 is the most mike thing to ever happen

he doesn't have dementia, he has that thing college professors get where they seem really absent-minded but really their brains have just gotten insanely efficient at throwing out information to make room for the stuff thats's important to them. it's just the stuff that's important to him is also stupid. he'll forget that palpatine returned despite it being the dumbest thing ever and hving seen the movie himself and being reminded that it happened constantly via memes but he will never need to be reminded what a "prewarp civilization" is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hahaha Mike not noticing the Empire is bad until a man is harassed on vacation. I was worried that he was being too perceptive but then he hit me with that and now everything is right with the world

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
This video utterly fascinates me, they like the show, but then they go into their Rich and Mike mode and pick stuff apart, missing obvious things. And also obsess about Luthen being a jedi.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It’s wild because Mike and Rich seem to be able to recognize quality and their recommendations typically line up with mine but it’s as if they have no media literacy whatsoever and their desicions are based entirely on random sequences of synapses firing

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Huh look at that a name associated with proving the existence of God that shows up in two separate Science Fiction series that discuss religion and the existence of Gods.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

poisonpill posted:

It’s wild because Mike and Rich seem to be able to recognize quality and their recommendations typically line up with mine but it’s as if they have no media literacy whatsoever and their desicions are based entirely on random sequences of synapses firing

lol they're the guy from disco elysium but for movie opinions

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
there might be a gas leak in the warehouse

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

henkman posted:

there might be a gas leak in the warehouse

This is what happens when your warehouse HVAC is full of Nukie tape particulates.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thank you Anselm for all your hard work

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
oppenheimer just came out in japan and the reception appears to be rather mixed

Stink Billyums fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 29, 2024

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

priznat posted:

He does, first saw him on Boardwalk Empire but it's always great when he shows up in something. I was surprised to see him in the new Mission Impossible but he kicks rear end in it!

Also he rules in the video for "close your eyes (and count to gently caress)" by Run the Jewels (with LaKeith Stanfield, who also owns)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGwI7nGehA

He was excellent in Boardwalk, what a goodass series

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Lol Mike "I had to check in depth whether these two names which contain less than half the same letters are an anagram".

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Stink Billyums posted:

huh I can’t imagine why

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

huh I can’t imagine why

The Japanese are famously intolerant of bad audio mixes.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Stink Billyums posted:

That’s a good one liner

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm impressed that both Mike and Rich got the completely wrong read on Syril Karn's character arc. I expect that front Mike but Rich? They're so, so close to recognizing that Syril's story is about how good intentions and ideals get corrupted by fascism leading normal people to draw the wrong conclusions, only for both Mike and Rich to also draw the wrong conclusion themselves.

Syril's arc should end with him at the Star Wars version of Jan 6

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Godzilla vs. Oppenheimer when....

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

huh I can’t imagine why

Famously sex averse society, and Oppenheimer is a 3-hour gently caress fest

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
lol at Japanese people on twitter getting annoyed at all the “barbenheimer” memes with mushroom clouds and poo poo so they started posting their own 9/11 jokes and poo poo

Jokes on them though cuz we Americans were making 9/11 jokes starting 9/12!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I don't know how you could give a poo poo about star wars in a post-dunc world

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

kalel posted:

4k80 is out, it's the best time to watch star wars

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

kalel posted:

This has been true since 1965 and yet here we are.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah it will be interesting to see what Andor season 2 is. The writing is really good. Never going to argue with anyone who is 100% done with Star Wars other than to say I was never really into in the first place and haven't even seen all the movies, but Andor is a lot more like a historically literate drama (not in the specifics obviously but in a people's stories interfacing with empire/revolution sense).

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Endless Trash posted:

Hahaha Mike not noticing the Empire is bad until a man is harassed on vacation. I was worried that he was being too perceptive but then he hit me with that and now everything is right with the world

He forgot that there were Jedi in the prequel series. His brain is gone for sure

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like how Mike can't imagine how the Empire works. Like how does any government work? Yeah people join the empire, just like how people join the army or join the state department or become a cop or become a local judge or get a nice paying job at Newport News shipyards. That's the whole point of Andor, it shows the banality of the whole thing. Yeah there's thousands of middle class core worlds paying taxes and funneling tax money from their economies into the empire, just as they did in the republic.

Also they're so correctly mad about the idea of Luthen being a Jedi but then demand an entire missing-the-point-of-the-character rehabilitation arc for arc for Kyle's character? Guys come on, you were so close to understanding the character by seeing the parallels with Andor.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Kingo Ligma posted:

Lol Mike "I had to check in depth whether these two names which contain less than half the same letters are an anagram".

struggling through the entire length of an hour-long conversation to pronounce the name 'Cyril'

Cassian of Imola fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 29, 2024

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

poisonpill posted:

lol I that’s a good way of putting it, they really need Jay to focus them, otherwise they just dive into minutiae and their opinion on the larger work gets lost in the weeds

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

Stink Billyums posted:

dr. thoss has some theme options tonight, jesus or louis gossett jr.

and i am using neither!

GOOD FRIDAY BAD MOVIES

starting at 8:00 eastern on the discord

1. Invasion UFO

2. The Unholy

3. Ninja: the Violent Sorcerer

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the actual logistics of a galactic empire as determined by some guy getting voted as emperor on the big city planet would be too nonsensical to seriously discuss. you need some amount of public buyin if you're going to enact fascism, which you could never achieve over a thousand planets of aliens

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the actual logistics of a galactic empire as determined by some guy getting voted as emperor on the big city planet would be too nonsensical to seriously discuss. you need some amount of public buyin if you're going to enact fascism, which you could never achieve over a thousand planets of aliens

sounding a little defensive there. what is your nationality btw

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Baronjutter posted:

I like how Mike can't imagine how the Empire works. Like how does any government work? Yeah people join the empire, just like how people join the army or join the state department or become a cop or become a local judge or get a nice paying job at Newport News shipyards. That's the whole point of Andor, it shows the banality of the whole thing. Yeah there's thousands of middle class core worlds paying taxes and funneling tax money from their economies into the empire, just as they did in the republic.

Also they're so correctly mad about the idea of Luthen being a Jedi but then demand an entire missing-the-point-of-the-character rehabilitation arc for arc for Kyle's character? Guys come on, you were so close to understanding the character by seeing the parallels with Andor.

It's evident how star trek has rotted their brains

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Does anyone on SA ever talk about oney plays or is that too much of a zoomer thing. I feel like they're sort of like the boys in some ways but less far along in the brain into soup progression

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Rich should’ve called Mike a tankie

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Liberals love fascism and happily helped set up the empire. That’s the plot of the prequels. They are really annoying though so Palpatine built the Death Star so he could finally get rid them. He dissolved the Senate as soon as the Death Star was up and running.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical galactic ceremony.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Dr. Thoss posted:

and i am using neither!

GOOD FRIDAY BAD MOVIES

starting at 8:00 eastern on the discord

1. Invasion UFO

2. The Unholy

3. Ninja: the Violent Sorcerer

I miss when Sci Fi channel showed UFO all the time. I guess I just miss the Sci Fi channel.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
great ending. Jay didnt even get in the credits despite his ADR

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

Does anyone on SA ever talk about oney plays or is that too much of a zoomer thing. I feel like they're sort of like the boys in some ways but less far along in the brain into soup progression

Is that a Jenny project

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

No Mods No Masters posted:

never heard of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Arc Hammer posted:

That could also apply to Tony Todd who replaced him as the Vortigaunt voices for the later Half Life 2 episodes and also played aliens like Kurn Worf's brother on Star Trek The Next Generation.
Nah, I know who Tony Todd is haha. He's Candyman and he's in the Final Destination movies.