Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

DOWN WITH ZUCKERBUCKS
UP WITH TIKTOKTENDER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Hey little man how's it going?

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1773841112131678258

lol what even is Trump's campaign right now

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I don't remember who came up with the idea a few pages ago, but it'd be a shame to start circulating something like this on boomer social media.

how do we turn this into a social media ad? i'll happily chip in for this.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Whoa-oh

Bariden, ohoohwhoah

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Monica Bellucci posted:

Whoa-oh

Bariden, ohoohwhoah

I'm getting an Oak Ridge Boys vibe.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kazil posted:

God this is almost Four Seasons Total Landscaping tier

Almost too perfect for a Friday evening as the sun is sinking low over the rim of a drink

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I might have missed one, but I don't recall any of his violations causing a particularly large penalty. Maybe a $5k infraction at some point? It seems like the court simply doesn't enforce these orders on Trump and Trump knows it.

He paid off 100k in fines fairly recently. That doesn't sound like a lot for Trump, but remember that judges aren't allowed to impose very high penalties for being a dumb dick.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

Almost too perfect for a Friday evening as the sun is sinking low over the rim of a drink

Trump has never put any personal effort into anything, so its unsurprising that now that he basically owns the GOP he's gonna put no effort into actually trying to win.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I'm getting an Oak Ridge Boys vibe.

I was aiming for Dean Martin.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Vince McMahon just sold 100 million in stock. Since we are in the dumbest timeline I'm gonna assume he pays half the bond.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dumbass won't get a penny back lmao

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MasterSitsu posted:

Vince McMahon just sold 100 million in stock. Since we are in the dumbest timeline I'm gonna assume he pays half the bond.

Isn't he in the middle of his own issues?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Soon we will see a campaign video where Trump is in the backseat and somehow Rollergirl is there.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Data Graham posted:

He begged me, like a dog

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I assume this is bad for Biden?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

mobby_6kl posted:

I assume this is bad for Biden?

Lookin' alright for Jill.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

MasterSitsu posted:

CommieGIR posted:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Yah, I think he has some very serious issues. But, to a point, it makes sense for him to throw in with Trump and hope for a favor down the line. There is probably a better chance that Trump can get elected than Vince can weasel out of the issues he is in. I actually think that the people in Trump's orbit right now are people who are either in desperate need of his protection, like Vince, or opportunists who don't have any actual skills, like Habba. Sure, it might be risky, but if Trump has, let us say, a 33% chance of winning the election, the reward for backing him might make the pay-off worth it. A cabinet position for Habba and legal protection for Vince, among other things. If we thought Trump picked a bad cabinet in 2016, it will pale compared to what he will pick if he is elected now. The wheels have really come off for the RNC and they simply cannot control the monster they created, as evidenced by what happened with the RNC, the house this session, and various other things.

Luckily we may see a completely ineffectual campaign run by Trump as it seems nearly everyone of prominence in the inner workings of the party are replaced by MAGA loyalists. It reminds me so much of the failures of Nazi Germany.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

With everything else gone, the idea of Trump owing him his freedom would be very attractive to Vince

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kazil posted:

Slowly dawning on Trump that he doesn’t actually know to run a campaign and he has fired everyone who could have potentially done so

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

:thunkher:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
To think he is only in this office because of crudités

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
mcmaho already got his reward when trump put his wife in charge of the small business administration based on her expertise in...
president of her husband's lovely crooked monopoly
and...

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tired of all this man’s fettering around with different ideologies, just choose a party already!!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

anyways i found that while looking for this clip about joe lieberman
https://twitter.com/CrookedMedia/status/1083809703467995136

in case there are people wondering why people do not like joe lieberman, he was the 60th vote in a compromise to give 55 year olds access to medicare and he nixed it.

Rest in Piss Joe Lieberman

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

John Fetterman (I)

(Israel)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You meant John Fetterman (((I))) but I get you

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Are you accusing them of being anti semitic for criticizing Fetterman?

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I hate this country

Is that thing made of aluminum siding? I'll bet you all these unicodes 🐜🦂🦉🦄 whoever organizes these sends the money a bunch of his pals to build it.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

nobodygetshurt posted:

btw while searching for an appropriate image for this i found this site, and it's.... interesting
https://www.howtoburyyourstuff.com/how-to-bury-laptop/

In rural areas that aren't just "innawoods" there's a whole notion of "bury something to keep it from the ex" and they can and will bury a whole loving truck for that purpose.

Joebamna

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

pixaal posted:

I thought it was a werewolf!

I mean they do keep suspected werewolves in the neo-natal unit

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
unless :thejoke:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

nobodygetshurt posted:

historians are gonna read lindsay graham's 2016 tweet about the republicans deserving to get destroyed, lol, and then skip ahead to 2025.

edit: except for this thread. they're be poring over this thread like archeologists with delicate brushes

lol at discord/chat apps blinking out of existence and social media sites getting archived into private corporate servers , while boring plain sites become part of legit academic records.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
A while back. So forgive me.

But the thread was talking about student debt. Which led me to think:

What do Americans think of HECS?

In Australia, the system goes, if you are the child of the gilded rich and have that sort of cash on hand, you can pay for your University up-front. And you get a little discount. The rest of us get our Uni paid for by the government. And once we have grown up and have entered the workforce, if we earn more than a certain threshold, the government garnishes our wages and takes back the money we owe them. This is an oversimplified version, but that is basically how it works.

Surely a similar style system would work in America?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
no thats communism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Surely a similar style system would work in America?

You're right. We could definitely use a system like that to hurt minorities.