Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah I just wanna see the apparently super good wrestler wrestle

plus it kinda highlights how the women's division doesn't have the same breathing room as the men's again. When an Okada or a Danielson come in it's easy to have 1 in 4 matches be the Okada or Danielson match for a few weeks but every match Mercedes gets is a slot where no one else wrestles. (Other than her opponent.)

When Bryan Danielson came in he didn't wrestle the next week, he wrestled at the next big show in a dream match against Kenny Omega.

Punk's first match was on PPV.

Christian took a few weeks before getting a TV match with Frankie Kazarian.

Ospreay's first match as a roster talent was on PPV.

The only person who got the big hype coming in as a great big time wrestler and debuted right away in a TV match was Okada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Kvantum posted:

Oh no, no, no, no, no. Nooooo.

But he is fun to watch quite frequently.

I watched him play some Tears of the Kingdom, and he just looked wild eyed and saved often even though it auto-saves fairly often.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The Chugs

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

He is possibly one of the most consistently positive streamers I watch but man he sucks at videogames of all kinds.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Majinfoose posted:

I watched him play some Tears of the Kingdom, and he just looked wild eyed and saved often even though it auto-saves fairly often.

He's...he's just like me fr. :unsmith:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dragonshirt posted:

Callis Family needs to turn on Ospreay this week. Ospreay is full of Babyface fire right now, which may be they didn't anticipate?, and him being with Callis but also wrestling Callis guys makes no sense.

I imagine the original plan probably was to have them turn when Mark Davis is back so we can have Ospreay/Aussie Open be a unit but Ospreay is so over as a babyface right now you need to do the breakup quick

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dragonshirt posted:

Callis Family needs to turn on Ospreay this week. Ospreay is full of Babyface fire right now, which may be they didn't anticipate?, and him being with Callis but also wrestling Callis guys makes no sense.

Callis has said this is iron sharpening iron. But you just know he's planning on turning on Will. But I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of his group decides to side with Will instead.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Majinfoose posted:

I don't think he started gaming until like 2016 or something incredibly recent, compared to most gamers, so a lot of our old, bad habits? Yeah, he doesn't do that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Don't forget, tonight is Claudio, Danielson, Mox and Sydal vs Mistico, Blue Panther, Volador Jr and Mistico plus a whole lot of other great matches in CMLL:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4057331

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Pylons posted:

The Chuggs is on Kenny's twitch stream right now.

Nice of them to let him sit in the front row!

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

explosivo posted:

He is possibly one of the most consistently positive streamers I watch but man he sucks at videogames of all kinds.

lol that rules

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he's like bob ross if bob ross sucked at painting, its pretty funny. i love adam "TheCHUGGS" cole

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah I just wanna see the apparently super good wrestler wrestle

plus it kinda highlights how the women's division doesn't have the same breathing room as the men's again. When an Okada or a Danielson come in it's easy to have 1 in 4 matches be the Okada or Danielson match for a few weeks but every match Mercedes gets is a slot where no one else wrestles. (Other than her opponent.)

AEW can't win cause if Mercedes wrestled straight away Dave would be saying they should have waited for a big PPV and promoted it

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Mercedes sucks at promos and commentary and always has so I don't know why BBT keeps doing this to us, just have her wrestle instead dummy

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I do kind of wonder at the kayfabe logic of Callis booking Ospreay against all his own stable partners. But in kayfabe Callis didn't have a lot of reason for turning on Kenny either

Or Jericho for that matter

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

DeathChicken posted:

I do kind of wonder at the kayfabe logic of Callis booking Ospreay against all his own stable partners. But in kayfabe Callis didn't have a lot of reason for turning on Kenny either

what was the reasoning with Kenny again? Not bailing on the elite so he can focus on singles? Maybe Callis will have a problem with Ospreay still representing UE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alan_Shore posted:

Mercedes sucks at promos and commentary and always has so I don't know why BBT keeps doing this to us, just have her wrestle instead dummy

I think her first promo was great and her second promo was fine and her commentary perfectly normal and the people I went to Big Bu$iness with thought she was great.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
You can choose to book the once in a lifetime match of Samoa Joe vs Konosuke Takeshita and you choose not to. C'mon Tony.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

DeathChicken posted:

I mean, he explained the kayfabe logic when he announced Ospreay/Takeshita. Ospreay is new to the company and Callis wants to show him off, but he can't just send him against a champion because wins matter in AEW and if he let the normal match committee arrange a match he'd be fighting random low-card guys and not people he could properly show off against. So, in order to properly show off his shiny new toy, Don arranged matches with the second, third and fourth-best wrestlers in AEW: the other members of the Don Callis family.

(Technically that means a Family member is also eating a loss no matter what, but Takeshita was just fighting for number one contender status last week. They're doing fine.)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I want to see more Mercedes matches. The clear wait to build anticipation for her first match is a TK special and it's not bad promotion, and they'll probably have her wrestle Skye Blue at the PPV. But I'm impatient!!

dynamite rear end match! think bigger Erin like what about Riho a match i will pay 40 bucks for

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i just finished rampage and aew seems like a hostile place to work. if my boss hit me in the genitals and kneed me into unconsciousness in front of thousands of witnesses, id complain to someone above them and probably call the police

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat This Glob posted:

i just finished rampage and aew seems like a hostile place to work. if my boss hit me in the genitals and kneed me into unconsciousness in front of thousands of witnesses, id complain to someone above them and probably call the police

What did Megha do now???

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Suplex Liberace posted:

dynamite rear end match! think bigger Erin like what about Riho a match i will pay 40 bucks for

I was just trying to think about it from a "this is the story she's in" perspective but you're right!!! gently caress it!!!! Have her wrestle Riho!!!!! gently caress any story I wanna see the match so I can hoot and/or holler!!!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

They've been subtlely building it the entire time, but it seems to be another Kenny situation. Don can't control Billie and was just using him to spite Kenny and Jericho. If you notice in all these family matches, Don only talks up Will's opponent and never Will himself. He pushed for Takeshita to get a title shot, not Will. He announced Takeshita as the only one to beat Omega and Jericho when Will did that too. The active turn is certainly happening after the Bryan match.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Some streamers are extremely good at gaming but most aren’t and most people aren’t watching them for that reason anyway.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

PlasticAutomaton posted:

They've been subtlely building it the entire time, but it seems to be another Kenny situation. Don can't control Billie and was just using him to spite Kenny and Jericho. If you notice in all these family matches, Don only talks up Will's opponent and never Will himself. He pushed for Takeshita to get a title shot, not Will. He announced Takeshita as the only one to beat Omega and Jericho when Will did that too. The active turn is certainly happening after the Bryan match.

Whoa Billie starkz was in the callis family this whole time?

Now we’re loving talking

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Real glad AAA having FTR lose to Dragon Lee on his way to WWE led to AEW/CMLL working together.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
willow and the bcc boys did very well at arena mexico :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

graph posted:

willow and the bcc boys did very well at arena mexico :)

Well that's half true.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Well that's half true.

Sydal isn't BCC so it's fully true !

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

rotinaj posted:

Whoa Billie starkz was in the callis family this whole time?

Now we’re loving talking

Takeshita is the God of Pro Wrestling, so of course the Space Jesus would be drawn there

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Athena vs Takeshita for custody of Billie Starkz. Book it immediately.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
William "Billie" Starkz

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That was the weakest Rampage in ages.

The crowd being hot for Papa Magie was the only hilight.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 30, 2024

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kennel posted:

The crowd being hot for Papa Magie was the only hilight.

I’m just watching it now and holy gently caress Deonna kicked Rose’s head off with that pump kick in the corner

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Chugs being awful at games is a solid 45% of why the DaParty uno was the best weekly wrestling show going for most of 2020.

I say weekly because ChocoPro ran way more often than weekly for most of 2020.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Senerio posted:

Chugs being awful at games is a solid 45% of why the DaParty uno was the best weekly wrestling show going for most of 2020.

I say weekly because ChocoPro ran way more often than weekly for most of 2020.

It's like playing Uno with an eight-year-old lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!

Kennel posted:

:negative: noooo

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dango Bango posted:

It's like playing Uno with an eight-year-old lol

Every time a 0 or a 7 is played on him he has forgotten his cards the second they're out of his hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Chugs needs to have a Halo rematch with OC, that poo poo had me on the edge of my seat.