Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Good soup! posted:

Barts Nightmare: Remastered Edition

lol but i would unironically buy a remastered collection of all the 8 bit and 16 bit simpsons games because im a hosed up person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Just watched the last shogun episode so I went to check out tviv to see what people are talking about and one guy is probated for saying he wants to see one of the actresses take out her tits

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I admit I have nostalgia for barts nightmare but I think I legit threw that barts camp deadly game in the trash when I was a kid lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Just watched the last shogun episode so I went to check out tviv to see what people are talking about and one guy is probated for saying he wants to see one of the actresses take out her tits

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Read The Wager by David Grann, it's pretty good

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

..well?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

well you found out what people were talking about so mission accomplished

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
woah there was a much better looking amiga version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2StoU8xo2cg

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

I think they are also the same poster who thought it was impossible for Pedro Pascal in The Last of Us to have a black daughter.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I could never beat the homey d clown game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3470083&pagenumber=4854

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol but i would unironically buy a remastered collection of all the 8 bit and 16 bit simpsons games because im a hosed up person

bart vs the world has bad but weirdly fond memories for me too

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fortaleza posted:

Not sure they could get away with reverend lovejoy calling the one hindu character in the room "miscellaneous" these days

Eh, they do immediately have Apu call him out and say there's almost a billion Hindus, making the joke at the expense of Lovejoy's ignorance and dismissiveness.

The real iffy thing about that episode is its treatment of non-traditional spirituality, especially given the whole theme that the rest of the family is going through the motions of religion and making themselves miserable while Homer's genuinely more interested in religion when he approaches it on his own terms, but then he has to be shut down and told he's got to pick an institution to obey and keep going through the motions with.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Let's talk about shogun here. It's a great show, I'm absolutely loving it. The costumes are incredible.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

That guy got really weird in the UK chat thread about people calling him mate

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Metis of the Chat Thread posted:

Let's talk about shogun here. It's a great show, I'm absolutely loving it. The costumes are incredible.

its good

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jose posted:

That's like a fundamental base for the UK thread though

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

mycot posted:

I think they are also the same poster who thought it was impossible for Pedro Pascal in The Last of Us to have a black daughter.

I swear to god some of the posters in there, I don't know exactly how to explain it

I am loving baffled at the wildly wrong conclusions they come up with based on the same loving show we all saw

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Obviously the dynamics between Mariko and blackthrone are really well done but my favourite character is the snivelling schemer yabushige who seems to have no idea he's outclassed by his disciple nephew omi. He's such a massive piece of poo poo and the actor looks like he's having the time of his life.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

yabushige ftw lol. love when he starts talking like a yakuza guuy too lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

bomba pearl.

also good to hear that the new shogun series is dope, read the books as a kid so i'll have to check it out when i finally get some down time.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Autisanal Cheese posted:

I swear to god some of the posters in there, I don't know exactly how to explain it

I am loving baffled at the wildly wrong conclusions they come up with based on the same loving show we all saw

They don't watch the show they're just coincidentally in the same room as the TV when it's on

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Tarnop posted:

They don't watch the show they're just coincidentally in the same room as the TV when it's on

no wonder they love video essays

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Video essays strongly recommended by people who proudly admit they don't actually watch them

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Video essays strongly recommended by people who proudly admit they don't actually watch them

the pictures (that i don’t look at) really add another level, beyond an ordinary thing like a movie or a podcast or a book.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Jose posted:

"I'M NOT YOUR loving MATE"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Alory4yIyo

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Some people were extremely confused by episode 3 of 3 Body Problem because some characters are committing suicide and it doesn't make sense.

And the idea that perhaps it's part of an unrevealed mystery is deemed bad writing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

How long was TVIV in denial about Stormfront The Boys being a Nazi?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

pentyne posted:

Some people were extremely confused by episode 3 of 3 Body Problem because some characters are committing suicide and it doesn't make sense.

And the idea that perhaps it's part of an unrevealed mystery is deemed bad writing.

There needs to be three bodies in it, obviously

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

haunting of hill house is a bad tv show because the book is so good and genuinely scary and the show has nothing to do with it except that there's a house on a hill and there are some ghosts

this!!!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Runa posted:

How long was TVIV in denial about Stormfront The Boys being a Nazi?

multiple goons were going "yikes" when her name was first revealed on the show because they didnt get that her being named after the website was on purpose

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

multiple goons were going "yikes" when her name was first revealed on the show because they didnt get that her being named after the website was on purpose

Many goons are as dumb as babies.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
stormcunt

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

thats what billy butcher calls her but he calls everything and everyone a oval office so its not that special

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
lol at listing insults as an alias. Wikipedia should do this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

storefront

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
one time I got called William in a work email (my name is nowhere close) so guess that's an alias now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
The fact the show cut the guy being chemically dependent on his mother's breast milk, I think that's a good thing