Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Its pretty galling to see Ukraine struggle to get the support they need while in the meantime Israel is given infinite jets to blow up another 12 hospitals full of desperate refugees.

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1773788121152569555

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

khwarezm posted:

Its pretty galling to see Ukraine struggle to get the support they need while in the meantime Israel is given infinite jets to blow up another 12 hospitals full of desperate refugees.

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1773788121152569555

yeah pretty much. though apperently, its partly because israel directly buys the poo poo from us. which gently caress that.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

pro starcraft loser posted:

Yeah but the risk is the thing stopping the guy chokeholding you from bodyslamming you into a table Buffalo style is saying "please don't hammerfist him in the nuts".

Sounds like poo poo sucks for you either way, may as well make him hurt

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Monica Bellucci posted:

Sex mad. We lost so many PAs to Darwin you'd think Ben Affleck was on set.

A misleading response about sex and violence that doesn't actually answer the question. Confirmed for CIA. :spooky:

Never trust a question unless you know it's porpoise.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah pretty much. though apperently, its partly because israel directly buys the poo poo from us. which gently caress that.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Dapper_Swindler posted:

That's the entire thing. Congress has to authorize "Spending", which includes giving away US equipment for less than the book value.

They don't have nearly as much power over stuff that's being paid for.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They always said in school to numb your conscience and study up on industrial warfare and get good war profiteering scores of your tests so you can grow up and profit from the death of innocents dying for masters and causes outside their control.

But I just wanted to be an artist, whoops. live n learn

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Sedgr posted:

If we're all just CIA deep down, maybe the real treasures are the assets we made along the way?

Spartacus end scene, but it's everyone in this thread standing up to shout "I'm CIA!"

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
The only active CIA to post on the forums is Waffle House

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I am NOT the CIA, by the way.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Toxic Mental posted:

I am NOT the CIA, by the way.

That's exactly what the CIA would say.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Khanstant posted:

They always said in school to numb your conscience and study up on industrial warfare and get good war profiteering scores of your tests so you can grow up and profit from the death of innocents dying for masters and causes outside their control.

But I just wanted to be an artist, whoops. live n learn

I'm sure you'll have another chance, Mr Adolf

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

tiaz posted:

That's exactly what the CIA would say.

I'm not CIA either. Can't afford it

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Former DOD contractor, but never CIA or NSA so you can all relax.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Question regarding Belarus and gasoline.

Is Russia actually buying it or just taking it at cost or lower?

Putin: "Our gasoline."

Lukashenko: "..."

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
How has the Baltimore bridge collapse affected Ukranian capabilities to launch drones? After all it was the great CIA plan to hire kgb operatives to blackmail some chinese secret service to hijack a Singaporean ship and crash it in the bridge in order to cripple the entire US navy operating within Baltimore Bay.

geworfenheit
Feb 3, 2024
baltimore bay... their only warm water port. how diabolical.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It was a false flag to allow the bridge to join the black sea fleet

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Telling the country giving you the vast amount of money, armament, and (assumingly) intel to do what they want OR ELSE is never a good idea. The Right is going to run with this.

Just a gentle reminder that the former POTUS literally strong arm extorted President Zelenskyy, failed, got impeached for it, and because Zelenskyy did not cooperate, is now seeing his Nation horrifically bombed and his people brutally murdered for not complying.

gently caress the Right.

The current POTUS was the target of that extortion attempt, I have little doubt he will not be forgetting President Zelenskyy for standing up to the former POTUS’s bullshit.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

It was a false flag to allow the bridge to join the black sea fleet

It's en route to Crimea where it will dislodge the Russian bridge in the night, thereby making the crossing American territory. :911:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Telling the country giving you the vast amount of money, armament, and (assumingly) intel to do what they want OR ELSE is never a good idea. The Right is going to run with this.

Yeah. Duh. Supply, you fuckers. Stop shooting your feet.

Oh wait. That's not the American way.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
In America, there is The Left, and then there is The Wrong also known as, the feet shooting faction. The Left's only claim to virtue is that they are not yet fully integrated into The Wrong, but lagging behind a bit.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Just a gentle reminder that the former POTUS literally strong arm extorted President Zelenskyy, failed, got impeached for it, and because Zelenskyy did not cooperate, is now seeing his Nation horrifically bombed and his people brutally murdered for not complying.

gently caress the Right.

The current POTUS was the target of that extortion attempt, I have little doubt he will not be forgetting President Zelenskyy for standing up to the former POTUS’s bullshit.

this post is a fine example of american exceptionalism, implying that things only happen because of something the US did. "the right" didn't make putin invade ukraine, dude.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

LordArgh posted:

this post is a fine example of american exceptionalism, implying that things only happen because of something the US did. "the right" didn't make putin invade ukraine, dude.

The Right is working WITH Putin my dude...

How are the two not related?

Putin massed troops on Ukraine's borders in the hope that Jan 6th worked, so Trump can let him run right over Ukraine when he installed himself.

Or did you forget?

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

LordArgh posted:

I did a double take at that but I'm assuming they mean that if the GOP had not been so thoroughly compromised by Trump and Putin then America would have presumably provided a lot more consistent support and Putin would no longer be able to factor "degraded to no American support over the lifespan of a sustained conflict" in his decision to invade. Which I'm sure is a big factor in the calculus of continuing the war but I don't think it mattered for the decision to invade in the first place, because they honestly seem to have believed it would be done and dusted in 3 days

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Does russia have a person worse than putin? If he were gone, would it be possible to get someone even worse? Can they do it?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

boofhead posted:

I did a double take at that but I'm assuming they mean that if the GOP had not been so thoroughly compromised by Trump and Putin then America would have presumably provided a lot more consistent support and Putin would no longer be able to factor "degraded to no American support over the lifespan of a sustained conflict" in his decision to invade. Which I'm sure is a big factor in the calculus of continuing the war but I don't think it mattered for the decision to invade in the first place, because they honestly seem to have believed it would be done and dusted in 3 days

Imagine if Trump was POTUS when the invasion started.

Because it came pretty god drat close to that happening

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Karate Bastard posted:

Does russia have a person worse than putin? If he were gone, would it be possible to get someone even worse? Can they do it?

Not only "yes, lol" but Putin has also made very sure that no alternative forms of government can exist outside of his person so once he goes the whole region is probably going to be a superpower level pile of flaming garbage for a while, and something the west seems to fear more than Russian victory in Ukraine

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

The Right is working WITH Putin my dude...

How are the two not related?

Putin massed troops on Ukraine's borders in the hope that Jan 6th worked, so Trump can let him run right over Ukraine when he installed himself.

Or did you forget?

So you can run a coup in america and get away with it?

They should fix their country. As bad as russia.

Karate Bastard posted:

Putin is pretty moderate. Navalny was referring to non blonde, blue eyed aryan russians as subhuman who are like rotten teeth with only one way to fix them and pirozgin was obsessed with nazis so much he had a business featuring ovens.
Every time someone in russian politics pops up its safe bet to assume they're a piece of poo poo unless proven otherwise.

haddedam fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 30, 2024

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

haddedam posted:

So you can run a coup in america and get away with it?

They should fix their country. As bad as russia.

Putin is pretty moderate. Navalny was referring to non blonde, blue eyed aryan russians as subhuman who are like rotten teeth with only one way to fix them

You’re not wrong.

The loving leader of the coup is still free 4 years later, and get this…

He can be Putin’s ally once again as POTUS

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

You’re not wrong.

The loving leader of the coup is still free 4 years later, and get this…

He can be Putin’s ally once again as POTUS

There is only one explanation: it was a CIA coup using trumps body double who is now in jail for attempting a coup.

haddedam fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 30, 2024

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

haddedam posted:

There is only one explanation, it was a CIA coup using trumps body double who is now in jail for attempting a coup.

:buddy:

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

boofhead posted:

Not only "yes, lol" but Putin has also made very sure that no alternative forms of government can exist outside of his person so once he goes the whole region is probably going to be a superpower level pile of flaming garbage for a while, and something the west seems to fear more than Russian victory in Ukraine

To be fair, the country with the world's largest stockpile of nuclear weapons collapsing into all-out civil war between multiple factions, each one shittier than the last, really is a pretty terrifying notion. Unfortunately it's also pretty much inevitable, regardless of what happens in Ukraine over the next few years.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I mean starting over with the dolphins might not be that bad an option?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

I mean starting over with the dolphins might not be that bad an option?

No thumbs plus their habitat doesn't favor combustion.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

dennyk posted:

To be fair, the country with the world's largest stockpile of nuclear weapons collapsing into all-out civil war between multiple factions, each one shittier than the last, really is a pretty terrifying notion. Unfortunately it's also pretty much inevitable, regardless of what happens in Ukraine over the next few years.

Don't worry there's most likely barely any functional weapons or launch vehicles or silos..were talking about a potjemkin nation whose silos were barely functional even early 90s.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

No thumbs plus their habitat doesn't favor combustion.

All points in their favor.

Straight to telekinesis and fusion it is.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

All points in their favor.

Straight to telekinesis and fusion it is.

From your finger tips to god ears.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

boofhead posted:

Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

dennyk posted:

for sure. i'm just not too certain on what "letting putin invade ukraine first" or "not letting putin lose too badly in ukraine" does to help with the inevitable transition. sounds instead more like they're just kicking the can down the road for somebody else to deal with