Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm thinking maybe I should boost the difficulty with mods because I'm loving this game but I'm overpowered as hell already, in ways I don't feel I was even in endgame of DDDA. I've also mainlined the game since release so maybe my brain just needs a break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am waiting for the nexus mod that increases difficulty to have a dynamic setting

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lakbay posted:

Wow screw the Riddle of Rumination, guess I'm not finishing the Sphinx content

Your best bet is to look up token locations in the starting area, and then check them one by one. It'll be one of those, unless you beelined for the quest objective. With me it was the second one I checked.

Sioux posted:

I remember the first time you could give more specific feedback to pawns you sent away, from a selection of presets. I wish there was more than the thumb or heart in this.

Agreed. Unfortunately the Travelogue seems to be mostly or entirely randomly generated in this one. One time my pawn was summoned to another goon's Rift to receive a gift and was immediately sent back, she told me she had put her skills to good use. Stop lying, I've spoken to the other Arisen. I'm not angry, just disappointed.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 30, 2024

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Look at all these fools that didn't immediately store the first instance of picking up a collectible as a core memory

Some good news though is that afaik failing a sphinx riddle only locks you out of the reward for that specific riddle, and the achievement for getting all of them right

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

A warning for the Sphinx: One of the riddles she will ask is "how many riddles have you solved so far?" Finding her for the second time counts as solving a riddle so take that into consideration.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Pwnstar posted:

A warning for the Sphinx: One of the riddles she will ask is "how many riddles have you solved so far?" Finding her for the second time counts as solving a riddle so take that into consideration.

Are you sure about that, because I definitely only counted actual riddles and got it right. Unless I miscounted by one and accidentally guessed correctly.
Now, WHEN she asks that riddle seems to be random, so you can't rely on a guide 100% for it

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Double Bill posted:

After you become Sovran, if you just let the credits roll until the end you're just sent back to the main menu. You can start NG+ after that, but you can also load last save that puts you back on the dragon's back, so you can still get to the unmoored world.

Thank you! Personally, I really dig it. Wanted to grab a certain screencap and found a video of a guy just missing it entirely despite the game heavily implying that poo poo's not good. Reminds me of that guy taking the traveler's deal in Pathologic 2 and complaining about it despite the man being presented as not good since second one. Games have done this before, but often in a way that makes it not as easy to gently caress your game up (MOTHER 3, for example, gives a fake the end screen that you need to interact through), and I'm really impressed that if you don't get all the hints and, much like the guy I mentioned, just run through the game for youtube money you'll just miss something real big.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pwnstar posted:

Speaking of, were you happy that I completed your pawn quest?

Broken Cog posted:

Are you sure about that, because I definitely only counted actual riddles and got it right. Unless I miscounted by one and accidentally guessed correctly.
Now, WHEN she asks that riddle seems to be random, so you can't rely on a guide 100% for it

He means the Riddle of Reunion, which you complete automatically when you meet her for the second time.

In my case I had successfully completed all riddles up until then, so it was just a matter of counting the number of unlocked chests

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Phlegmish posted:

He means the Riddle of Reunion, which you complete automatically when you meet her for the second time.

In my case I had successfully completed all riddles up until then, so it was just a matter of counting the number of unlocked chests

Oh yeah, I didn't realize finding her opened a chest, but yeah that's what I did as well, just counted 5 + unlocked chests.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lakbay posted:

Wow screw the Riddle of Rumination, guess I'm not finishing the Sphinx content

Cleaning up the map I kinda wish I finished exploring Vermund before setting foot in Battahl since the loot is all lower leveled

I was fortunate enough to remember this because it was a little island chain I had to hop over before a bunch of harpies obliterated me. But I've heard the item you get for finding it can be duplicated via forgery and I bet someone here thought to forge it beforehand (unlike me because I always forget it's a mechanic).

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I bought some robes for my mage pawn in Bakbatahl which had much better stats and turns out it's basically a bikini.
Good thing there's no icy regions in the game.

Funny enough the rumor that’s going around is that the first expansion is pretty much done, will come out in the fall and is, in fact, an ice region.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

Funny enough the rumor that’s going around is that the first expansion is pretty much done, will come out in the fall and is, in fact, an ice region.

The reception's been mixed, mostly due to the drama surrounding microtransactions and the optimization, but I think the sales numbers are definitely there to justify an expansion. Especially for the PC, I don't think any other Capcom game has done this well on Steam. I would buy it, and hopefully they add some more stuff to the base game as well.

e: Capcom not Capcop

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is it technically possible to beat the guards at the opening and not jump?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I sat down yesterday figuring I'd finish up the last couple of side quests in the north and finally get around to entering Battahl properly.

Many hours later I'm covered in drake blood, accidentally found the Dragonforged, and still haven't delivered these magic books to the witch girl. But the northern map is blessedly clear of fog.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What triggers the grandma magic quest? I visited and they just won’t progress or offer anything.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

RBA Starblade posted:

Is it technically possible to beat the guards at the opening and not jump?

i tried in ng+ and they took no damage

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
You know what I would really like? Auto-looting

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

What triggers the grandma magic quest? I visited and they just won’t progress or offer anything.

At first nothing happened, but then grandma walked out of the house and then the kid would talk to me. I'm pretty sure grandma just walks up the hill a bit, near one of the slip n slide slopes if you need to find her.

What I can't figure out is how to make Myrrdin want to interact with me, lol.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Vintersorg posted:

If you're stuck on the "Come back in a few days" part of the quest like me, check the morgue in Vernworth. For some reason the grandma had died in my game, and it locked the quest until I ressurected her.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
He's a pompous gently caress and thinks you look poor

Noble clothes from your escapades in Vernworth will work

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

toasterwarrior posted:

He's a pompous gently caress and thinks you look poor

Noble clothes from your escapades in Vernworth will work

Ah yes, of course he'd be like that.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

How do you get on the western canyon path past checkpoint town? It looks like there's a path down there that bypasses the town and leads to Battahl, but I can't find how to get on the actual path there, I can get on the ground level past the cave but then I reach a dead end.

e: aaahh, I didn't scale the cave right side up properly.

There's a lot of monsters here, huh, including one winged one that escaped me earlier

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 30, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Warrior is as rad as I hoped it'd be. They really made it a lot better than in the first game. I still don't have the timing down perfectly, but even without that it kicks rear end. I love hitting a goblin so hard it gets stuck to the sword then my dude swings the sword and slings the goblin into another goblin killing that goblin too.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

toasterwarrior posted:

You know what I would really like? Auto-looting

Some kind of aura vacuum loot so I don't have to find the right spot for the "examine" to appear.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's called a Pawn with a Simple inclination.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Mystic Spearhand has been pretty :kingsley:

A few things not quite what I was expecting like how you can teleport to an enemy in the air but if you miss or fail to grab them you basically just fall to the ground the same as if you had jumped off a cliff. It is a vocation that quickly punishes you for failing to maintain style.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ending questions for those who have finished the game:

- Are these Purgeners optional? I don't really feel like fighting them all.
- After you do the Halls of the First Dawn, you're apparently forced to start NG+. I take it that if I want to buy the best equipment for my pawn, I have to do it now, because vendor stock will have reset in the new game?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm sitting here in Bakbatahl with a "quince", but I need to turn in a "ripened quince" (ffs, but whatever). Do I need to DO something, like camp or sleep, to ripen it, or can I just chill out here and have it happen in real time?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I think sleeping once should work. Just watch out if you have a Logistician pawn, they might try to turn it into Dried Fruit.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm sitting here in Bakbatahl with a "quince", but I need to turn in a "ripened quince" (ffs, but whatever). Do I need to DO something, like camp or sleep, to ripen it, or can I just chill out here and have it happen in real time?

Just doze off on a bench several times and don't have the augment to make things last longer or else you will need to doze off for like a week instead of a couple days.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Phlegmish posted:

Thank you~

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
It's weird you can't make treasure beetles pawn quest rewards but they can be pawn gifts.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Nuebot posted:

It's weird you can't make treasure beetles pawn quest rewards but they can be pawn gifts.
My guess is it would give those pawns too much of an advantage in the marketplace, since for someone who has already maxed out their capacity, it would be a reward that costs them basically nothing to offer, but would be one of the most valuable things to look for when hiring.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Reminder that I currently have a pawn quest to receive a beetle, so if you have a spare one I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

TheMostFrench posted:

Mystic Spearhand has been pretty :kingsley:

A few things not quite what I was expecting like how you can teleport to an enemy in the air but if you miss or fail to grab them you basically just fall to the ground the same as if you had jumped off a cliff. It is a vocation that quickly punishes you for failing to maintain style.

MSH is amazing. If you fight a large group and just one of them flinches, it's all over. The psychic grab is extremely powerful. I feel like a Sith Lord chaining it over and over until everything dies.
Plus of course, the party-wide invulnerability skill which is just hilariously overpowered and is probably gonna get tuned down at some point

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Force throwing an explosive barrel and a goblin and a pig all at once at a chimera rules

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Shoehead posted:

Force throwing an explosive barrel and a goblin and a pig all at once at a chimera rules

Just pelting some ogre with garbage until he runs over to drop kick me, and then I completely no-sell it.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Khanstant posted:

Just doze off on a bench several times and don't have the augment to make things last longer or else you will need to doze off for like a week instead of a couple days.

This and dismissing the logistician pawn let me eventually complete the quest, though it took maybe a dozen dozes, which is way too much. Thanks though.

I have another question/compliant: I double checked that the pawns I hired had "Quest Guide: NO", and here this rear end in a top hat is, pestering me about leading the way. Is that trait on a quest-by-quest basis? I'm going to dismiss this rear end in a top hat ASAP and grab the first person I see on the road.

EDIT: I can see in the "status" page that the pawn has Quest Guide: YES. So either it's changed or I was just mistaken when choosing this archer.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
So I'm sizing up a gap across a ravine over a river and a hireling sorcerer goes:

"Hey dipshit, bet you forgot I'm magick and could totally make that jump."

Alright, go for it bud.

They make a running start and immediately fall 80ft into the brine with zero effort made to actually jump.

I sigh and head to the rift stone nearby when my main pawn chimes in:

"I think we should hire a sorcerer, they're known for their powerful Magicks."

I love my silly little guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Phlegmish posted:

Ending questions for those who have finished the game:

- Are these Purgeners optional? I don't really feel like fighting them all.
- After you do the Halls of the First Dawn, you're apparently forced to start NG+. I take it that if I want to buy the best equipment for my pawn, I have to do it now, because vendor stock will have reset in the new game?

no (though you get an achievement for it and it delays The Bad Thing, if you beat all of them it delays it indefinitely, and you get a shitload of dragon coins) and yes respectively. you can easily clap the purgeners by doing a thief build with climbing augs and the sonic the hedgehog move though, as you'll shred their weakpoints and do like half a bar of damage per spin. i didn't use magick archer because ranged is boring but i'm gonna guess you can kill it even faster with that. but bring lots of wakestones because i had a full party wipe a few times against the one in the elf city lol, it's got a couple of insane spells