Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Bubbacub posted:

Reminds me of this one

When you buy the “Measurehead” costume from Spirit Halloween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yeah. Part of the reason gamergate 1 was able to blow up outside online misogyny was because a lot of people already didn’t like games journalism for various reasons and various games journalists acted like weird pricks during that Mass effect ending blow up and other stupid stuff which made it easier to buy into the bullshit wailings of some angry dipshit about his kinda lovely ex. This doesn’t have that. It’s 20 years on and the remnants of gamergate have basically gone up into their own assholes with far right conspiracy poo poo.

Gamergate was actually ten years ago, tho I know it feels like 20.

The the claims of 'ethics in gaming journalism' literally never made sense when all of gaming journalism, every single portion of it, is a games marketing machine. It's not journalism, it never was - it's just salespeople. So the idea of 'we're going to clean it up' was loving weird bc what - to bring it back to when it was just fluff reviews the game creators paid for in PC Gamer Magazine? How can you claim to 'bring ethics back' to a field that doesn't exist, unless you are trying to claim Anita's YouTube videos are journalism.

The 'ethics in journalism' aspect was always clearly a dog whistle. Anyone who believed it was a fool, taking the deflection as reality. Gamergate was always about gaming dudes hating the idea of feminism intersecting with their escapism bang-bang shoot-em-up hobby, and thought they could cause a cooling effect on anyone discussing such things by harassing the most visible examples of such.

And it worked such that it infected comics culture and morphed into Comicsgate, an effort to keep feminism out of comics. Ugh.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Mar 30, 2024

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

And it worked such that it infected comics culture and morphed into Comicsgate, an effort to keep feminism out of comics. Ugh.

That movement completely destroyed ethan van sciver 's career because he wanted to be the irl mascot and also led to zack snyder going on stream thanking a bunch of poo poo heads for their donations but he would never support them and their cause, peace bye, which lol

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yep and by that point there was absolutely no 'ethics in comics' bullshit they hid under, it was straight 'women characters? In OUR comics? HOW DARE THEY'

Unfortunately I lost a friend to Comicsgate, she was a comic book artist who suddenly told me feminism was aiming to destroy men's achievements and take all the good things away from men. She still draws comics, for girls. Haha :smith:

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

i can't t find the tweet now and i don't particularly want to find it, but everytime these weirdos talk about how unfairly white people are treated at <something> they're just completely giving the game away.

even assuming good faith that they really believe that what is happening is "unfair", that means then that when previously people were discussing how minorities were being unfairly treated in that field or in that situation, they acknowledge then that being treated a certain way due to your skin color is unfair, yet still deny that _that_ specific unfair treatment actually occurs or is actually unfair. (note i am not saying i agree with them in that white people are being treated unfairly in... video games?)

and so they think the part where they got all the "liberals" is that _now_ that white people are in a similar situation, then we now have to help them defend against the unfairness that's happening to white people... because i guess the implication is is that you'd be a hypocrite if you didn't come out against unfairness to white people?

yet they know liberals treat them "unfairly" due to "DEI" initiatives, being "too woke" and all that. so if the "liberals" are really do what they say they're doing.. why would liberals ever give a poo poo either way about "white" people in the manner that they're expecting. it's as though they don't really care about any of this and it's just grievance politics for them...

also please stop calling Linda Yacca a DEI hire. that's really offensive since you're going with the chud definition of what DEI is. DEI is for giving people who are well-qualified for the position but may be overlooked due to inherent bias in the process of white america a chance to actually get noticed. Linda is not at all well-qualified for her job.

This reminds me of how several of my coworkers are complaining that the Baltimore mayor is a "DEI hire."

How are you this dumb. Do you not understand how elections work?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

PhazonLink posted:

isnt the Missouri AG doing another thing for musk?

https://x.com/moreperfectus/status/1773831927960846414

That?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Missouri AG sucks rear end and is an Elon brownnoser. I assume OP meant this

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

It's hilarious that states like these think the only thing corporations care about is taxes when they look around at an untrained and uneducated workforce and are usually like "uh we're good thanks"

Idaho's tried the same thing with Oregon and Washington and there hasn't been a mass exodus of corporations to that utopia

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Probably this https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/03/missouri-ag-sues-media-matters-in-lawsuit-echoing-elon-musks-complaints/

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is there anyone or a site tracking these various Musk lawsuits? They all seem frivolous, and he's either announced his intentions to sue or down so it seems in like, what, half a dozen situations in the last year? A dozen? Like where's Musk's brave lawsuit on behalf of Chud Star Wars lady at?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
BREAKING: I'm a self-aggrandizing piece of poo poo chud who announces every part of my life on a nazi social media site like it's a hot scoop on prime time news.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

DeusIgnis posted:

This reminds me of how several of my coworkers are complaining that the Baltimore mayor is a "DEI hire."

How are you this dumb. Do you not understand how elections work?

you appear to be giving them the benefit of the doubt for some reason

they know as well as you do that "diversity initiatives unfairly promote unqualified candidates" or whatever today's Concern is, is bullshit

they're just saying that because they'll get in trouble if they say slurs, and you're giving them ground if you entertain the idea that there's anything else behind it

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Platystemon posted:

The idea that the Treaty of Versailles was extremely punitive and ruined Germany is a century-old right-wing myth.

I'm entertaining this because it seems like after a little scrutiny this is often proving true of... depressingly everything but.

Like Versailles crippling Germany seems to have a lot of supporting evidence and subsequent influence on policy by dudes who might know better. Do you have some articles or other stuff to back this up?

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/MuskElon84445/status/1744655097592766599

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's hilarious that states like these think the only thing corporations care about is taxes when they look around at an untrained and uneducated workforce and are usually like "uh we're good thanks"

It matters to the kind of small and low margin businesses that make up the majority of their current business community so naturally it's what matters most to Amazon and AI startups.

The local schlubs eat it up for the same reason they hate being "talked down to" by educated elites and compulsive bookworms. Surely with enough OJT they'll do just fine designing microservices and switching fabrics cuz a lot of guys doing it can't even change a tire or clean the trap on their kitchen sink.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

you appear to be giving them the benefit of the doubt for some reason

they know as well as you do that "diversity initiatives unfairly promote unqualified candidates" or whatever today's Concern is, is bullshit

they're just saying that because they'll get in trouble if they say slurs, and you're giving them ground if you entertain the idea that there's anything else behind it

Baltimore's mayor straight up said that people who use "DEI hire" are just too cowardly to say the n-word. It was great.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Funnier than anything the real Elon Musk has ever posted.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Praying for you Elon! Not really, but you get my drift.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1773809591664435607

Six million is a very pleasing figure to Elon.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr Scumbag posted:

BREAKING: I'm a self-aggrandizing piece of poo poo chud who announces every part of my life on a nazi social media site like it's a hot scoop on prime time news.

Get in line bud!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

It's the same flavor of bullshit as "well you say you're against big corporations and yet you own an iphone :elon: :elon: :elon:". Chuds don't post this poo poo to convince liberals of anything, because liberals are too stupid to understand anyway. They post this poo poo for other chuds so they can all laugh in their safe space about how much more intelligent and logical they are than the libs.

the libs areourrivals :holy:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol their kids have no chance

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Elon start a bridge building company plz

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Tesla bridge collapses, 500 feared dead

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Another day, another Elon ftw!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

LOST FINGAT

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

kazil posted:

If you [do something stupid], it will be done in [time I pulled out of my rear end].

Also there must be a FREE MARKET INCENTIVE for it to be "safe."

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

yeah when a bridge collapses you just lift it out the water and weld it back together, ez

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kazil posted:

Someone posted a while back on Twitter that they didn't really notice how much of an idiot Elon is until he started talking about that person's area of expertise.

Elon is a loving idiot. A tremendous loving idiot. He shouldn't be trusted with anything.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i agree, we should have massive investment in infrastructure and start pouring money into educating an army of skilled engineers, let's tax the wealthy to pay for it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

crispix posted:

i agree, we should have massive investment in infrastructure and start pouring money into educating an army of skilled engineers, let's tax the wealthy to pay for it

What, like in COMMUNIST CHINA? Where they are so much better at this kind of thing than we are??

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I know, we know, he's an idiot, but that statement has me flabbergasted. That's one of the dumbest things he's ever said. It's dangerous

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

Yes China could do it in days. They totally aren't taking up 95% of the OSHA thread with their collapsing infrastructure or anything.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

kazil posted:

If they had done this with the world trade center it wouldn't have taken fifteen years.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just stand all those WTC pieces back up and glue them back into place, you'd have people back in the office hard at work the next day

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kazil posted:

Public bid - i.e. cheap
Fast.
Safe.

As they say, PICK TWO.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
massive incentives for safety. maybe we could even regulate how certain things are made and punish people who knowingly cut corners

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Zero VGS posted:

Yes China could do it in days. They totally aren't taking up 95% of the OSHA thread with their collapsing infrastructure or anything.

Someone post that toppled apartment building that had a handful of short pillars inserted into the dirt

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
if we use jb weld, we could build even two bridges in less time. but what do i know. i'm just the richest genious in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cthulu Carl posted:

Public bid - i.e. cheap
Fast.
Safe.

As they say, PICK TWO.

Safety doesn't matter when you can just duct tape the pieces back together every time