Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
It's an art installation so it only barely qualifies, I just thought it was neat:

https://i.imgur.com/W9aMPSV.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

gently caress I wish I could get paid to make an architectural shitpost irl

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I almost want to correct the aspect ratio on that video so that house and everything inside are correct proportions.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Instagram really has me figured out now, because a couple hours later it served up:

https://i.imgur.com/tEpnWj9.mp4

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trabant posted:

It's an art installation so it only barely qualifies, I just thought it was neat:

Big deal, give me five minutes with Blender or Unity and a prefab model of a house! :colbert:

(It is actually very neat!)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
the Slenderhaus

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sneaking into and assimilating an American suburb near you.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Ok, now split it into two rental units.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I get that apprehensive looming feeling of "here comes the claustrophobia panic, I'm gonna start crazily trying to bust my way out of here" watching people side stepping through that place. When they first walk in or in the fully wide places It looks cool then when they go in the areas where it's split in half and see someone in front of the camera who clearly does not fit correctly my brain starts going "nope nope nope nope!"

Buttchocks posted:

Ok, now split it into two rental units.

lol

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
wanna take a piss in that toilet

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Twenty Four posted:

I get that apprehensive looming feeling of "here comes the claustrophobia panic, I'm gonna start crazily trying to bust my way out of here" watching people side stepping through that place. When they first walk in or in the fully wide places It looks cool then when they go in the areas where it's split in half and see someone in front of the camera who clearly does not fit correctly my brain starts going "nope nope nope nope!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV9j8mIqSz0

god Geico used to have some great ads. maybe they still do, I just never watch real tv anymore

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV9j8mIqSz0

god Geico used to have some great ads. maybe they still do, I just never watch real tv anymore

My friend and I used to drop “I just wanna make an omelette!!” at each other for years after that aired. I would have 110% watched Tiny House back in the day if it didn’t violate the Geneva Convention.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Porfiriato posted:

I would have 110% watched Tiny House back in the day if it didn’t violate the Geneva Convention.

I don't know the specifics, but I would 100% believe the Geneva Convention thing to be true. I had never seen the movie Ocean's 13 before, but it happened to be on TV the other day. It's mostly a lighthearted heist movie.

However, in an interrogation room a lady threatens one of the thieves with locking them in a room for a long time. A room that is too short to stand up in, and too narrow in any direction to lay down and stretch out in.

A few days later that idea is still haunting me.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

spookykid posted:

wanna take a piss in that toilet

Home of challenge pissing.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Trabant posted:

Erwin Wurm, more widely commonly known as Lowly Worm.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I can't even name a theme to this:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/607-Rim-Rd-Killington-VT-05751/250979672_zpid/

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This house is Patient Zero for everything that happened in the 1970s.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Yeah this owns. Baring any black mold id live here.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

w00tmonger posted:

Yeah this owns. Baring any black mold id live here.

That and you kind of have to be ok with getting a nicotine buzz just from the ancient cigarette stank

Shame about that one big gouge in the shag carpet in the photo with the indoor swing

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

I got excited about the fire pole until I noticed there isn't a break in the railing on the second floor which means it's probably a boring old dancing pole instead.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phy posted:

Shame about that one big gouge in the shag carpet in the photo with the indoor swing

There's other sections where the shag is even more hosed up

The shag pile also crawls up the walls and encroaches onto the tiled areas in disturbing ways, almost like it's some kind of alien growth which they painted to disguise it as carpet

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
That house is the answer to "what if an early 1970s suburbanite was asked to design a spaceship?" and I kind of dig it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Between the decor and the indoor swing, I bet that carpet has more than one STD.

I'd still live there if I could.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Playing that Outrun machine standing seems kinda hellish. Did they remove the seat for the photos?

That cheap electric piano seems familiar.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Little Tykes Super Villain Lair

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I can name a theme to it: house that rules

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

God, everything there looks so incredibly cheap and worn-out, as though the entire house came from a Value Village in a rough part of town.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
What you really want is something like this place. I toured it in Minneapolis the day it went on the market -- it definitely has flaws that are inherent to the dome design but is indeed very cool and much less weird than you'd think.

However, it's also drat near new inside, built with quality materials, and had some serious money put into the furnishings etc. The dome I posted earlier is very much... not like that.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Yeah that actually looks pretty sick. Way cheaper than I would've expected, too. I get the impression that it's probably a lot smaller than it looks but the aesthetic is cool

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I assume none of those triangle windows open which would kind of suck.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's pretty amazing how Buckminster Fuller's obsession with geodesic domes continues to influence fugly dysfunctional architecture long after his death

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Concussion kitchen.

First it gives you a concussion, then you think it looks normal.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Trabant posted:

I can't even name a theme to this:

"Super-Bucky stripper rustic retrofuturistic"

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Sirotan posted:

I assume none of those triangle windows open which would kind of suck.

And if they need exterior maintenance you need to find a contractor who knows how to rappel.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

And if they need exterior maintenance you need to find a contractor who knows how to rappel.

I do!

Though there's nothing preventing the use of a cherry picker as there's no garden.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That's a cool house, but how is it so cheap?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

"Super-Bucky stripper rustic retrofuturistic"

:drat:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

binge crotching posted:

That's a cool house, but how is it so cheap?
My guesses would be:

* Very few people want to spend over $600K for a gimmick.
* With a loft and partially finished basement, it's technically 3000 sqft, but much of it isn’t that useful.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mad Hamish posted:

God, everything there looks so incredibly cheap and worn-out, as though the entire house came from a Value Village in a rough part of town.

It's all original 70s decor, so it was made fifty years ago by dudes on buckets of drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's all original 70s decor, so it was made fifty years ago by dudes on buckets of drugs.

The cocaine locked in the carpet is probably worth the purchase price.