Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Pepper Grinder is pretty good you all should consider playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sirtommygunn posted:

If I want to play pepper grinder I'll go to the kitchen

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

haveblue posted:

I don’t think I ever finished the mad max game. It was good but I eventually got tired of icon hunting

Maybe I’ll go back to it if I hit a gaming lull

It's worth mainlining the main story. The last three hours or so are pure distilled Mad Max.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

sirtommygunn posted:

WHY THANK YOU, PEPPER BOY. THAT'S THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF PEPPER. BRAVO!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DaveKap posted:

It needed 4x more vehicle missions, 1/4 the on-foot missions, 1/16th the resource grind, and a complete elimination of the dog/mine missions... then it would've hit an 8.
Would've been a 9 if they managed to make it themed specifically after Fury Road, with names, likenesses, and story (loosely) intact.

Wasnt it at one point meant to be based on Fury Road but that idea was scrapped?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

There was talk/hints that it was a direct prequel to Fury Road.

I mean it's got Gas Town and I think the main bad guy is one of Immortan Joe's sons (?)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Junkenstein posted:

There was talk/hints that it was a direct prequel to Fury Road.

I mean it's got Gas Town and I think the main bad guy is one of Immortan Joe's sons (?)

Yeah the main bad guy is basically that one son from the movie.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I didn't even know my coworker played videogames, but I saw an IG story of them playing Princess Peach game looked fun

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Mad Max is bad because they say the dog's name wrong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just liked ChumBucket, he deserved better.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

Mad Max is bad because they say the dog's name wrong.

*looks up video*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V13lGJMSh0U&t=45s

Which seppo thought they knew how to pronounce 'dinky di' correctly? gently caress me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Yeah this'll sound like true blue rigid dig Aussie"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's how I'd pronounce it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mad Max was the best 7/10 game I’ve ever played, loved how chunky and brutal the fighting was, Batman combat taken to the absolute edge by replacing floaty acrobatics with dangerous melees. Genuinely great how he had to think about when to use stronger attacks by committing to that long press or using what little shivs and ammo you had, using environmental stuff to make fights easier, pulling off a bone breaking counter when you perfectly parry some guys nailbat. A lot of the optional “dungeons” were also like spelunking into hell with how dark and cramped they were. It really nailed the atmosphere of a nightmare purgatory of a world. Sometimes you’d be stuck waiting out a sandstorm for like five minutes lol.

Coming out the same day as MGSV did it no favors, as did the prototypical Ubisoft style of map litter with checkpoints on a list. The actual meat of the game, car combat races and slobberknocker fights in oppressive weirdo bases, was fun. And the ending was exactly what you deserve but what most games probably wouldn’t have the guts to follow through with.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Would really like a next-gen sequel to Mad Max. Or at least the very least remaster the 2015 game, because even though its not that old, the PC version actually had a lot of bugs and glitches for me. I had to restart the game a lot on the Steam version.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I’ve been playing it on Steam recently and haven’t encountered any bugs yet, I don’t think. Runs very well for how good it looks too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

That's how I'd pronounce it

It's 'dink-ee die', all it means is someone read some aussie slang rather than heard it spoken.

Every aussie who hears the Mad Max version takes 10 points of psychic damage

('Ridgy didge' is the proper phrase above as well)

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 30, 2024

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I do worry about the upcoming mad max movie, I wish it was an actual sequel, with like max coming across another weird and wild post-apocalypse society, instead a prequel

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jay Rust posted:

I do worry about the upcoming mad max movie, I wish it was an actual sequel, with like max coming across another weird and wild post-apocalypse society, instead a prequel

Yeah I thought the trailer looked pretty bad tbh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's still Miller, which is a good sign, but the first thing in the trailer is pegging it to a specific date relative to the apocalypse, which is bad, so I'm still unsure about it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah it'll rule. There does look to be a few shots of car scenes shot on a Volume style stage, but I reckon Miller's earned enough trust to know what he's doing.
If it's largely practical like Fury Road was, it'll be another winner.

(Though to be fair Three Thousand Years of Longing was a bit of a stinker)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Something about the Furiosa trailer felt really off to my brain in a way that I dont know how to explain. Fury Road is amazing and the best action movie of all time, and this is by the same director, so I don't know why I think it doesnt look good.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i think furiosa looks decent, but it's also not really what i come to a mad max film looking for, especially since it's a prequel with a known outcome already

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Anya Taylor Joy looks nothing like Charlize Theron and it kinda bothers me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

And? Tom Hardy didn't look like a younger Mel Gibson.

Just enjoy some high octane fun.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

None of Mad Max makes sense. Somehow Max was around when there was still a police force, but society has degraded so much that now the entire planet is a desert and new societies have risen to replace the old ones. Mad Max has always felt like a bunch of different myths that someone is telling about the character and you shouldn't try to make any of it make sense. Just sit back and enjoy.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Exactly, which is why “45 years after the apocalypse” bothers me so much

All the movies start with him wandering from nowhere into a situation and end with making it clear no one in that situation ever saw him again. It’s a solid template and this one looks to deviate from it

dopesilly
Aug 4, 2023

Infinitum posted:

And? Tom Hardy didn't look like a younger Mel Gibson.

Just enjoy some high octane fun.

I think Tom Hardy did a great job at portraying the minimal talking of young Melly Gibbins. iirc the only thing that threw me off was lack of heavy aussie accents

The way I think about Mad Max is it's basically The Punisher, he has the cop training (driving skills, ingenuity, etc) but his family was murdered and now he's got nothing to lose, but finds out that there are people out there he CAN trust in the fight for fuel for that dope rear end muscle car

I also thought the Mad Max game was a solid 7/10 but yeah the icon hunting got old for me, I think if I stuck to strictly the main storyline I might've enjoyed it more.

dopesilly fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 30, 2024

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the mad max films are postapocalyptic westerns where bad and broken men in a bad and broken world either find redemption or dig their moral graves a little deeper. i think it's why furiosa is such an odd fit: the important thing in westerns is never how a person got to where they got, but what they choose to do now that they're there. it's the equivalent of getting, like, Sanjuro: Origins put onto the big screen

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shard posted:

None of Mad Max makes sense. Somehow Max was around when there was still a police force, but society has degraded so much that now the entire planet is a desert and new societies have risen to replace the old ones. Mad Max has always felt like a bunch of different myths that someone is telling about the character and you shouldn't try to make any of it make sense. Just sit back and enjoy.

I thought Fury Road was just modern day Australia.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah, it's all late 1970s Australia.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Shard posted:

I think the joke is that the rest of the world recovered and this is just somewhere in Australia.

e: kinda-beaten, darn it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hoping the prequel has the doof warriors big brother, the doof doof warrior

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the goof ahh warrior

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

DLC Inc posted:

Mad Max was the best 7/10 game I’ve ever played, loved how chunky and brutal the fighting was, Batman combat taken to the absolute edge by replacing floaty acrobatics with dangerous melees. Genuinely great how he had to think about when to use stronger attacks by committing to that long press or using what little shivs and ammo you had[...] The actual meat of the game, car combat races and slobberknocker fights in oppressive weirdo bases, was fun. And the ending was exactly what you deserve but what most games probably wouldn’t have the guts to follow through with.

I think the thing that definitely took it from "yeah I had a good time" to "I will tell anyone to play this (but skip the mine missions)" was definitely that ending. It was a very jank game but I think I'll fully say it was the last excellent game Avalanche Studios did. I keep hoping that when they dig back into the Just Causes they'll bring over some of the same spark but it hasn't yet... And I keep expecting to hear they're shut down after all the industry poo poo lately with their dev hell post-Rage 2.

God, maybe I'll replay Mad Max.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Hoping the prequel has the doof warriors big brother, the doof doof warrior

Doof Troop

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the best part of the mad max game was the photo mode

careening into a couple of assholes and their car on the side of the road and taking a few moments to admire all the parts flying off and poo poo blowing up hell yeah

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Infinitum posted:

Every aussie who hears the Mad Max version takes 10 points of psychic damage

good fuckem

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vermain posted:

the goof ahh warrior