Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

How’s that US aid harbor coming along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Weka posted:

The UAE's seeming desire to jump into this one after Yemen is wild to me, but then they are still not sold on quitting that fight either.

The UAE basically fooled saudi arabia into doing the heavy lifting for them in yemen while they nibbled around at easy gains and made a puppet regime in the south, they did not have to actively die the way saudis did.

I for one cant wait to see all of their soldiers eat lead if they actually try to do this, nothing would make me happier than emirati soldiers dying like dogs for what they've done to the arab world. but I doubt they'll actually do it because they're a cowardly venal people they'll probably get some slave labour to do it for them.

Anyways, to me, an Emirati soldier is the same as an israeli one, I dont consider them arabs or muslims. let them eat lead.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

platzapS posted:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

I said come in! posted:

I would not screw with a Palestinian armed resistance. They have survived decades of the U.S. and Israel trying to end their existence, they are literally the most powerful armed force in the world right now.

Lol no they aren't.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I'm happy to hear that the US has taken a hard line against the IDF's air force pilots by giving them F-35's.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Vultures are holy birds in Zoroastrianism and are also in danger of extinction. I would not compare them to the US and Israel.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

The Voice of Labor posted:

motion to remove israel from the palestine thread title as israel will be removed from palestine

israel is fake and fraudulent anyway this is a good idea

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
This morning there is news come out about a backdoor that was discovered in most Linux distributions. As more details are coming out, this appears to have been the most patient, insidious supply chain attack in the history of tech. In 2021, the maintainer of a little-known but vitally-important compression library called XZ Utils (previously LZMA Utils) announced he was sick and would be seeking treatment and therefore around far less often. XZ Utils is used in a lot of stuff and is present on most linux distros.

A new contributor (now believed to be a pseudonymous collective under control of a state actor) came forward after the XZ Utils maintainer announced his sickness and picked up a lot of the slack. After two years, and under a lot of pressure from other users (now believed to be sockpuppets maintained by the same state actor), the maintainer handed control of the process over the the new contributor. Then, over the next year, the new maintainer spent a lot of time reworking the CI processes and testing processes as well as minor changes in code that would allow him to submit zip files directly to package installers instead of those zip files coming from automated compiling of the code in git. This allowed him to add script files to XZ Utils which would be injected into memory at runtime and would not appear in XZ Utils' source code. He even used his cachet as the maintainer of XZ Utils to submit "fixes" to other repositories that disabled security features that would have detected this change.

In this manner he managed to install a backdoor into most linux installs worldwide beginning in mid-February and continuing until today. The mysterious state actor would have succeeded except for the fact that in recent months, the state actor behind the backdoor has grown increasingly erratic and aggressive. The final distributed backdoor script had a bug in it that caused increased latency when using ssh on the affected installs by hundreds of milliseconds, and when the performance degradation was reported by an engineer at microsoft, linux installers immediately suspected XZ Utils because the actor behind the project had grown so insanely rushed, aggressive, and irrational about getting the new version of XZ Utils into as many linux installs as possible as quickly as possible since around the beginning of the year.

So anyway, this is a story about how Hamas saved the internet from a Mossad plot.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the british governments lawyers told them that Israel committed crimes against humanity and the recording was leaked

===============

‎British government lawyer: Israel violated international law‎
‎The British newspaper The Observer reported, citing a leaked recording:‎

‎The government was advised by its lawyers that Israel had violated international humanitarian law in its war on the Gaza Strip.‎
‎The chairwoman of the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee said Israel's actions put its own security and that of Britain at risk.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%B5%D8%B9%D8%AF

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I’ve thought before that maybe non western aligned countries shouldn’t even trust western dominated open source and they should be developing their own desktop and mobile operating systems.

With how tech companies are so intensively tethered to Western foreign policy it must have an impact on open source software both overt intelligence fuckery like this and brainwashing devs into political alignment. Spread across innumerable industries that’s a lot of code to check. Especially in every little cranny like an innocuous utility like that.

hopefully whatever software the axis of resistance uses doesn’t have any easy vulnerabilities because you know all the relevant agencies are trying

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

30.5 Days posted:

This morning there is news come out about a backdoor that was discovered in most Linux distributions. As more details are coming out, this appears to have been the most patient, insidious supply chain attack in the history of tech. In 2021, the maintainer of a little-known but vitally-important compression library called XZ Utils (previously LZMA Utils) announced he was sick and would be seeking treatment and therefore around far less often. XZ Utils is used in a lot of stuff and is present on most linux distros.

A new contributor (now believed to be a pseudonymous collective under control of a state actor) came forward after the XZ Utils maintainer announced his sickness and picked up a lot of the slack. After two years, and under a lot of pressure from other users (now believed to be sockpuppets maintained by the same state actor), the maintainer handed control of the process over the the new contributor. Then, over the next year, the new maintainer spent a lot of time reworking the CI processes and testing processes as well as minor changes in code that would allow him to submit zip files directly to package installers instead of those zip files coming from automated compiling of the code in git. This allowed him to add script files to XZ Utils which would be injected into memory at runtime and would not appear in XZ Utils' source code. He even used his cachet as the maintainer of XZ Utils to submit "fixes" to other repositories that disabled security features that would have detected this change.

In this manner he managed to install a backdoor into most linux installs worldwide beginning in mid-February and continuing until today. The mysterious state actor would have succeeded except for the fact that in recent months, the state actor behind the backdoor has grown increasingly erratic and aggressive. The final distributed backdoor script had a bug in it that caused increased latency when using ssh on the affected installs by hundreds of milliseconds, and when the performance degradation was reported by an engineer at microsoft, linux installers immediately suspected XZ Utils because the actor behind the project had grown so insanely rushed, aggressive, and irrational about getting the new version of XZ Utils into as many linux installs as possible as quickly as possible since around the beginning of the year.

So anyway, this is a story about how Hamas saved the internet from a Mossad plot.

Thank you Hamas.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

platzapS posted:

Allegedly, it'll be ready by May 1.

Meanwhile, the nonprofit organization World Central Kitchen was able to construct a Jetty within a few days, sent a ship with 400 tons of aid, and is now sending in a second ship: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2024/03/30/world-Gaza-world-central-kitchen-humanitarian-aid-shipment/8231711828230/

The United States government is willfully incompetent, that's what I'm attempting to imply here.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Palestinian resistance in the west bank have started shooting at Palestinian Authority goons

==================

Urgent | Reporter #الجزيرة : An exchange of fire between resistance fighters and the Palestinian security services following an attempt to arrest young men in Tulkarm

https://x.com/AJABreaking/status/1774179765236162680?s=20

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/broseph_stalin/status/1774120677122953597

https://twitter.com/ecomarxi/status/1774168120451609067

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Al-Saqr, did you went and reactivated your X (formerly known as Twitter) account?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

Al-Saqr, did you went and reactivated your X (formerly known as Twitter) account?

no the links are from aljazeeras website

Getting rid of twitter is the best decision I ever made, I feel much much healthier and much less consistently miserable. my quality of life improved massively, please do yourself a favor and also delete twitter.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

thank you, sky news, was going to ask about this

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Al-Saqr posted:

The UAE basically fooled saudi arabia into doing the heavy lifting for them in yemen while they nibbled around at easy gains and made a puppet regime in the south, they did not have to actively die the way saudis did.

I for one cant wait to see all of their soldiers eat lead if they actually try to do this, nothing would make me happier than emirati soldiers dying like dogs for what they've done to the arab world. but I doubt they'll actually do it because they're a cowardly venal people they'll probably get some slave labour to do it for them.

Anyways, to me, an Emirati soldier is the same as an israeli one, I dont consider them arabs or muslims. let them eat lead.

It'll be a bunch of mercenaries who die, not emiratis

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Allegedly, it'll be ready by May 1.

Meanwhile, the nonprofit organization World Central Kitchen was able to construct a Jetty within a few days, sent a ship with 400 tons of aid, and is now sending in a second ship: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2024/03/30/world-Gaza-world-central-kitchen-humanitarian-aid-shipment/8231711828230/

The United States government is willfully incompetent, that's what I'm attempting to imply here.

isn't world central kitchen cia or am I thinking of something else lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Vultures are holy birds in Zoroastrianism and are also in danger of extinction. I would not compare them to the US and Israel.

It's hard to draw a threatening tapeworm

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ram dass in hell posted:

the cia is world central kitchen

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:thanks:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

vultures are associated with death

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Al-Saqr posted:

no the links are from aljazeeras website

Getting rid of twitter is the best decision I ever made, I feel much much healthier and much less consistently miserable. my quality of life improved massively, please do yourself a favor and also delete twitter.

legit happy u got off there its so bad for people

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FirstnameLastname posted:

legit happy u got off there its so bad for people

non chronological platforms are brain damage given technical-material form

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ram dass in hell posted:

Nothing conrete but its the usual NGO op things: lots of former spooks in leadership, lots of pictures of the lead guy being chummy with politicians who dont actually care about the stated purpose of the NGO.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

do not let them cook

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

MonsieurChoc posted:

yes but now they can use :science: and build solar panels for decomposing bodies quickly.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

genericnick posted:

Wait, a million plus in Libya? Where does that come from Libya is tiny

less the war itself but its consequences.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/2/18/un-envoy-impact-of-long-libya-war-on-civilians-incalculable

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Nothing conrete but its the usual NGO op things: lots of former spooks in leadership, lots of pictures of the lead guy being chummy with politicians who dont actually care about the stated purpose of the NGO.

that's a yes

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1774160895083438389

send dave cameron to the hague

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

do not let them cook

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

So like why is this significant?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

quote:

The revelation will place Lord Cameron and prime minister Rishi Sunak under intense pressure because any such legal advice would mean the UK had to cease all arms sales to Israel without delay.

Legal experts said that not to do so would risk putting the UK in breach of international law itself, as it would be seen as aiding and abetting war crimes by a country it was exporting arms to.

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Well, they're proven hypocrites now, so they'll have to stoahahahaha sorry I can't finish

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

So like why is this significant?

a breach of decorum, it's bad optics to get information about a genocide in progress and have it come out later that you knew but didn't say anything publicly

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

You put this in quotes as if it's a humorous exaggeration but this is like, almost the word exactly how that thread has been openly treated.

I lurked that thread a bit, I got probated at one point because I said something that wasn't absolute blind worship of the US and Joe "I loving Love Genocide" Biden's handling of this even though I met D&D standards and had an article about it/etc. What a shithole thread, but lurking it more after it got really apparent how hosed up the moderation of it is. So of course the end result this typical "is genocide and blowing up kids good or bad this is very complicated issue wow who'd have thought"

dti, dta

when we joke about how many mods have turned out to be literally affiliated with state/intelligence we're not actually joking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Neo Rasa posted:

You put this in quotes as if it's a humorous exaggeration but this is like, almost the word exactly how that thread has been openly treated.

I lurked that thread a bit, I got probated at one point because I said something that wasn't absolute blind worship of the US and Joe "I loving Love Genocide" Biden's handling of this even though I met D&D standards and had an article about it/etc. What a shithole thread, but lurking it more after it got really apparent how hosed up the moderation of it is. So of course the end result this typical "is genocide and blowing up kids good or bad this is very complicated issue wow who'd have thought"

dti, dta

lol that joe rogan has outflanked the serious liberal discussion forum from the left