Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Wow Gloomhaven's tutorials suck, these are basically mini-puzzles with no room for error but they didn't tell you what to do, so go gently caress yourself

e: oh my god it's been an hour and the tutorials aren't over

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It takes about an hour to set up a physical game of Gloomhaven if you know what you're doing, so that sounds like a perfect recreation.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
Inquisition's Tresspasser DLC dropped some seriously big lore bombs for anyone who wasn't completely checked out by that point.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Someone should make an unholy amalgam of Gloomhaven, Axis and Allies and Arkham Horror that takes a whole day to set up and a week to play ends in everyone dead.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Veotax posted:

They announced it years ago, along with Mass Effect 4. Neither has had anything shown other than pre-rendered crap.

Maybe they'll actually happen at some point, maybe not.

Every time a news story breaks about Bioware it's basically "they rebooted DA4 again". It'll be over a decade now since Inquisition if this game does launch, but especially with the state of the industry right now a Bioware closure seems way more imminent than an actual finished product.

Digital Flower posted:

Inquisition's Tresspasser DLC dropped some seriously big lore bombs for anyone who wasn't completely checked out by that point.

This is true, though, and I feel like that's another reason it'll never drop: for all the writing and studio lead turnover in that time, who's gonna put their head on the chopping block to presumably wrap up all the poo poo they've built to? Especially if they remember how ME3 went down at launch?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
C'mon planet-killing asteroid. Get here already.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2877950/FURRY_HITLER_2/

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

furry 2 HITLER

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is Death of a Wish like a direct story sequel to Born of a Dream? Would I need to play that first to at least get the most out of it?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

It takes about an hour to set up a physical game of Gloomhaven if you know what you're doing, so that sounds like a perfect recreation.

I feel like there's a really fun game in there similar to Into the Breach that I want to play (love puzzle tactical rpgs) but first I must sit through someone telling me the rules in the slowest and worst possible way and oh my god I escaped this when I stopped playing ticket to ride with my family

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Is Death of a Wish like a direct story sequel to Born of a Dream? Would I need to play that first to at least get the most out of it?

even if it was (I doubt it) then it wouldn’t make much difference, born of a dream is really impressionistic

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Unlucky7 posted:

it's not a direct sequel but it's connected - it's telling the story of a side character from born of a dream

you probably would get more out of it if you have played born of a dream but it seems to stand on its own fine too. i haven't finished death of a wish yet though

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

furry 2 HITLER

2 Furst 2 Führious

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The asteroid misses earth and drops a copy of Furry Hitl3r onto your doorstep.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mordja posted:

The asteroid misses earth and drops a copy of Furry Hitl3r onto your doorstep.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

anyways in Elden Ring I was getting annoyed at having to fight in a poison swamp so I explicitly left and went to the opposite side of the entire map and went exploring and INSTANTLY found another poison swamp :argh:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

StrixNebulosa posted:

anyways in Elden Ring I was getting annoyed at having to fight in a poison swamp so I explicitly left and went to the opposite side of the entire map and went exploring and INSTANTLY found another poison swamp :argh:

In a From game? Sounds unlikely

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ColdIronsBound posted:

We (me&GF) own a Steam Deck & gaming PC, with the same account on each.

If I buy a co op game, can we both play together? One person on each device

You can make a second account and then set up the new beta steam families feature to use all the same games on both. But it still won't let you play the exact same game on two instances at once. (Although unlike the old family share feature it will let you play two different games at the same time while both online.) You can sometimes get around it by going into offline mode before launching the game to 'fool' steam but that might not help if the game uses steam servers for matchmaking.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

StrixNebulosa posted:

That Miyazaki quote about the new dlc where he's like "making the new poison swamp made me think about how people say I make too many poison swamps, and maybe they're right? So I swung for the fences on this one because it's probably gonna be my last"

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Gonna have a bunch of poison marshes, poison estuaries, poison floodplains, etc. Y'know, variety!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

In Miquella's 6th phase he transforms into a poison swamp

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Phlegmish posted:

What's this I'm hearing about a new Dragon Age? I thought Inquisition was pretty decent, even though it had too much busywork. I'll keep an eye on it.

"Full Reveal" for Dragon Age Dreadwolf is announced for this summer. Speculation is it might release this holiday season. Anthem was 2019, I doubt they're going to be given much more time by EA.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

GhostDog posted:

"Full Reveal" for Dragon Age Dreadwolf is announced for this summer. Speculation is it might release this holiday season. Anthem was 2019, I doubt they're going to be given much more time by EA.

So full development is to start soon?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

The Lone Badger posted:

The mages are casting the Bioware development spells as we speak.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Gonna have a bunch of poison marshes, poison estuaries, poison floodplains, etc. Y'know, variety!

It'll be sleep juice instead of poison or scarlet rot.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Possibly a Poison Tailings-Pond that causes the Cadmium Poisoning status?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

pseudorandom name posted:

It'll be sleep juice instead of poison or scarlet rot.

how many sleep juices do you need to create a new ape

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Wow Gloomhaven's tutorials suck, these are basically mini-puzzles with no room for error but they didn't tell you what to do, so go gently caress yourself

e: oh my god it's been an hour and the tutorials aren't over

yeah sadly the included tutorials SUCK. It's much better to like watch a teaching video for the board game by Gaming Rules or Watch It Played than to actually play out the tutorial - it feels made as a reminder for people who already knew the game rather than for new players.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Benagain posted:

That Miyazaki quote about the new dlc where he's like "making the new poison swamp made me think about how people say I make too many poison swamps, and maybe they're right? So I swung for the fences on this one because it's probably gonna be my last"

Elden Ring: Oops all Poison Swamps

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

Nah, typical timeline is you get the reveal, then 8 years, and then the final product was clearly only in production for a year.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Just giving a bit of a shout-out to this FREE game on Steam called Rabbit Hole from this indie dev I've been following. If you're in the mood for an action roguelike 2D platformer shooter akin to something like Revita or Neon Abyss, consider checking it out. After all, it's free!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benagain posted:

Miyazaki reading posts from players:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I read an interview with him where he was all 'I know people hate poison swamps, and I didn't even mean to put a poison swamp in Elden Ring. But then I did!' Love him.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Tbh I love how actively hostile Caelid feels and looks.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

And Caelid isn't even the poison swamp.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
caelid made me think of stephen gammell's illustrations more than anything, it's so loving horrible, i love it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Those loving birds :gonk:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Azran posted:

yeah sadly the included tutorials SUCK. It's much better to like watch a teaching video for the board game by Gaming Rules or Watch It Played than to actually play out the tutorial - it feels made as a reminder for people who already knew the game rather than for new players.
Does the Jaws of the Lion DLC have the early missions where everything is simplified? Or did they retool them so they wouldn't be piss-easy for people already familiar with the game?

The physical JotL was explicitly created as a cheaper "entry-level" version of Gloomhaven for people who were intrigued by the game but weren't ready to drop $150+ on that huge loving box. It has a much better tutorial that spaces out introducing new concepts and even has simplified versions of cards that you're supposed to use for the first 2-3 missions, to help new players get up to speed. I'm curious if the same is true of the digital version.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm not aware that they've really changed any of the original missions in either of the OG Gloomhaven campaign or Jaws of the Lion.

The tutorials that suck are a digital-only addition, where they have you in a series of tiny scenarios with limited characters/resources/goals to sort of teach you the basic concepts one-two at a time.

There's also Guildmaster mode, which is also a digital-only thing, that's also kind of an extended tutorial campaign, but it's less constrained and more a straight up video game thing where you unlock parts of the experience as you go (like, here's an easy early mission, congratulations you've unlocked the Merchant and can now buy the most basic of items, do this mission to unlock the Spellweaver, etc. etc.)

Jaws of the Lion should still open up with its fairly simplistic kit, but I haven't run it in the digital game yet.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Elden Ring: Oh there’s a castle in a green meadow to the north, lets go check it out

The green wasn’t grass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

FutureCop posted:

Just giving a bit of a shout-out to this FREE game on Steam called Rabbit Hole from this indie dev I've been following. If you're in the mood for an action roguelike 2D platformer shooter akin to something like Revita or Neon Abyss, consider checking it out. After all, it's free!

Very cool but it's not really playable with a controller right now.