Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

dr_rat posted:

I wonder if they all found the same insane next scam.

It's called AI, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

It's called AI, OP

it isn't an insane scam if it sells to rich people, then it's either "innovation" or "fraud" depending on if the rich people involved get richer or poorer

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zero One posted:

Matt Levine has thoughts on short sellers today. Specially people who get mad at short sellers. More specially CEOs who get mad at short sellers...

I love the insinuation that people who do coke have monthly coke bills that they need to pay their dealers lest they get sent to collections

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You guys don't have a coke faucet at home?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

7 rings for the dwarf lords in their halls of stone
4 rings for the elven kings under the sky
1 ring for the dark lord on his dark throne

From the hit book trilogy Rings Baron

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

The Lone Badger posted:

You guys don't have a coke faucet at home?
Oh C'lumbian Man!!!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Im assuming they will go berserk when Reddit ipos, has massive gains then dribbles into a penny stock over a month.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Speaking of market makers and movers artificially restricting trades from Main Street investors for their own benefit, a recent podcast with Ed Zitron really clarified how crypto exchanges routinely pull this bullshit to gently caress over people for their benefit.

One more thing that gets ignored from the crypto/meme stock narrative.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

Speaking of market makers and movers artificially restricting trades from Main Street investors for their own benefit, a recent podcast with Ed Zitron really clarified how crypto exchanges routinely pull this bullshit to gently caress over people for their benefit.

One more thing that gets ignored from the crypto/meme stock narrative.

remember that the number one bitcoin exchange, where the price discovery happens, is literally a self-admitted criminal conspiracy

good times, well behaved markets

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

GME revenue and earnings miss; DRS count decreased .1m since last quarter

But the company ended 2023 with checks notes $6.7M in net earnings so apes are ecstatic as the stock price drops 20% in post

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Fate Accomplice posted:

But the company ended 2023 with checks notes $6.7M in net earnings so apes are ecstatic as the stock price drops 20% in post

They're complaining that the media and analysts are clowns for not recognizing that GME went profitable and are focusing on the fact that they lost 20% of their Q4 revenue YoY and missed both top line and bottom line estimates by double-digit percents. Apparently none of that latter stuff matters compared to the fact that they are not going to literally go bankrupt in the near future.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
The DWAC - Trump Social merger finally happened so now there's a new meme stock for complete morons to buy.

Though now they have an even stupider reason than the MOASS: they don't care if they lose money as long as Trump stays winning.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Klyith posted:

The DWAC - Trump Social merger finally happened so now there's a new meme stock for complete morons to buy.

Though now they have an even stupider reason than the MOASS: they don't care if they lose money as long as Trump stays winning.

wtf does any of this even mean

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Cactus Ghost posted:

wtf does any of this even mean

Theres a new Donald Trump stock with like an 8 billion valuation thats entirely fantasy. Its going to crater and a bunch of idiot bag holders dont even care because theyre showing political loyalty by lighting money on fire.

Hypothetically the business behind the stock is Truth Social so lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Trump stock is going to be the next bitcoin, isn't it? Goons poo pooing it while it rockets from nothing into a 5 figure valuation.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Sure is. You should buy a bunch right now.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I am.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
i guess we'll see who loving fucks

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

ryde posted:

They're complaining that the media and analysts are clowns for not recognizing that GME went profitable and are focusing on the fact that they lost 20% of their Q4 revenue YoY and missed both top line and bottom line estimates by double-digit percents. Apparently none of that latter stuff matters compared to the fact that they are not going to literally go bankrupt in the near future.

You don't understand, $1 in profits is infinitely more profitable than $1 in losses therefore

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Someone in the comments did the math on Gamestops results, and it works out to $4.50 in profit per store per day*. If each store got a job at McDonalds they would be more profitable, by far.

Technically the stores were unprofitable and the only reason they had any profit at all is because they hold government bonds, but its fun to break down this way.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well now begins the countdown to the next meme stock implosion, Trumps truth social

I hope some of the same faces pop up again

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
And AMC just announced another dilution today. It had been pretty boring in memestock land but the laughs have got some legs left.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
For anyone keeping track of the BBBY saga, Bill Pulte forced PP and Kais to play nice again.

Also, lol:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Goddamn I was looking at the AMC 4 dollar put yesterday, feeling like there was a drop today. However Ive been avoiding lotto options and just checked to see it went up 833% today lol I should have trusted my gut and played that lotto.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I'm just floored BBBY apes continue to have as much activity as they do. I know they're self-selecting for being the dumbest bastards on the planet but you'd think the raw passage of time would give more of them the presence of mind to slink away. I wonder if the one year anniversary of the plan execution date will drive the point home to any of them.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

rio posted:

Goddamn I was looking at the AMC 4 dollar put yesterday, feeling like there was a drop today. However Ive been avoiding lotto options and just checked to see it went up 833% today lol I should have trusted my gut and played that lotto.

I was holding a small position in puts a few weeks ago which expired for a reasonable profit. Today made me wish I had chosen a longer expiration date.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Sardonik posted:

I'm just floored BBBY apes continue to have as much activity as they do. I know they're self-selecting for being the dumbest bastards on the planet but you'd think the raw passage of time would give more of them the presence of mind to slink away. I wonder if the one year anniversary of the plan execution date will drive the point home to any of them.

The first wave of private corporate bonds "mature" in August of this year, IIRC. The final two won't be until 2034 and 2044. I'd like to think that the prospect of waiting another 10 years for the Rapture would drive off most of the remaining hodlers, but they're remarkably adaptable when finding new ways to double down.

I just don't know what's left for them to pivot to. I doubt they collectively have enough money left for the investors they worship to take the risk of trying to manipulate them further.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

For anyone keeping track of the BBBY saga, Bill Pulte forced PP and Kais to play nice again.

drat, now we're not gonna see who loving fucks :(

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Magissima posted:

drat, now we're not gonna see who loving fucks :(

Just calm the gently caress down, the loving loving may still loving transpire.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

You know it's really touching that Bull Pulte has finally found a little feifdom to rule over. He's even brokering peace agreements between warlords, isn't that sweet?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Hello Sailor posted:

The first wave of private corporate bonds "mature" in August of this year, IIRC. The final two won't be until 2034 and 2044. I'd like to think that the prospect of waiting another 10 years for the Rapture would drive off most of the remaining hodlers, but they're remarkably adaptable when finding new ways to double down.

I just don't know what's left for them to pivot to. I doubt they collectively have enough money left for the investors they worship to take the risk of trying to manipulate them further.

Theyve been casually referring to BBBY bonds as Teddy stock, presuming that there will be an exchange when MOASS happens. So in their eyes its not a 10-20 year maturation, its a placeholder for more equity in a company on the verge of moon.

Im sure they can manage to throw away at least as much on these junk bonds as they already have on stock

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

cruft posted:

You know it's really touching that Bull Pulte has finally found a little feifdom to rule over. He's even brokering peace agreements between warlords, isn't that sweet?

As pathetic as it is, I'm glad they've successfully quarantined themselves in an irrelevant scam.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

teddy want mo rear end and a bare back blow yob

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's funny how these internet cults always seem to end up imploding into petty fiefs of backstabbing drama, like the old tumblr diaspora collapsing into young adult author twitter.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

bird with big dick posted:

Trump stock is going to be the next bitcoin, isn't it? Goons poo pooing it while it rockets from nothing into a 5 figure valuation.

Trumps Truth Social stock plunges as 2023 loss put at $58 million

you can fool some of the people all of the time...

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Buy the dip!!!

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
The best part is that the MAGA ETF won't even touch Trump's own stock and include it in the 141 different "republican oriented" stock holdings they have.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Average down baby and hodl for the 🌖 🚀 !!! LFG!!!

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

GME and AMC both took shits again today :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Surprised they could do worse than they already were.