Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Lemon, orange, banana bread

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Maybe it’s an unpopular opinion, but why even give them this line of attack to begin with? You’ll get no argument from me about the necessity of a tran’s awareness day (they deserve more), but why risk losing squishy moderates when delaying the proclamation by a single day could lessen the potential blowback?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
gently caress them and their dumb made up god

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Almost Smart posted:

Maybe it’s an unpopular opinion, but why even give them this line of attack to begin with? You’ll get no argument from me about the necessity of a tran’s awareness day (they deserve more), but why risk losing squishy moderates when delaying the proclamation by a single day could lessen the potential blowback?

Because it's been a thing since 2009 and anyone that was going to be lost over this was never going to vote for Biden.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Almost Smart posted:

because no one gives a poo poo about this except these chuds. even "squishy moderates(???)"

but also gently caress them, that's why.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Almost Smart posted:

Honestly, probably because Easter won’t be anywhere near the final day of March and the 1st of April probably isn’t a great idea to make a holiday due to April Fool’s. :shrug:

Easter will be on Adolph Hitler’s birthday next year so by the same logic, the Christians are celebrating the birthday of a man whose madness led to millions of Polish, Jewish, developmentally disabled and LGBTQ folks being systematically slaughtered. Kinda tasteless of them to choose that day!

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Almost Smart posted:

Because gently caress you if you think Biden should throw trans people under the bus in the vain hope that the fascists will so much as pretend that it'd change how much they want to see "the libs" murdered?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Moderates don't care and only the online outrage machine gives a poo poo. In both polls and actual votes attacks on trans end up being unpopular and only in the bizarre echo chambers of the terminal Twitter chuds is this a real issue.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Also it's an international thing designated to fall on March 31, which just coincides with Easter this year

It's just that the screaming freaks on Twitter don't know anything that exists beyond the next hit of dopamine that being addicted to rage gives them

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Almost Smart posted:

Both the TDOV and non-religious egg art have been things for years and years and years. They were things under Trump too. This is total bullshit and shame on you for falling for their propaganda

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Almost Smart posted:

Maybe it’s an unpopular opinion, but why even give them this line of attack to begin with? You’ll get no argument from me about the necessity of a tater day (they deserve more ketchup), but why risk losing squishy moderates when delaying the proclamation by a single day could lessen the potential blowback?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

more people should be saying this

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

kazil posted:

Both the TDOV and non-religious egg art have been things for years and years and years. They were things under Trump too. This is total bullshit and shame on you for falling for their propaganda

It’s honestly the first time I’ve heard of either of these and I assumed they were both brand new initiatives. I only asked because despite my best efforts, I’m still hyper-fixated on the election and terrified of these assholes being given any kind of leverage. I should have known they would make poo poo up whole cloth to have something to be outraged over.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

The American Egg Board is a fun name.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Almost Smart posted:

Maybe it’s an unpopular opinion, but why even give them this line of attack to begin with?

So called christians treating this as a reason to attack is 100% on them, as always.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Almost Smart posted:

It’s honestly the first time I’ve heard of either of these and I assumed they were both brand new initiatives. I only asked because despite my best efforts, I’m still hyper-fixated on the election and terrified of these assholes being given any kind of leverage. I should have known they would make poo poo up whole cloth to have something to be outraged over.
The thing you have to remember is that there is no such thing as "giving Republicans leverage". If you refrain from doing something because it will "give Republicans leverage" then the Republicans will just make up "leverage" out of something else and be just as loud and angry.

Do not ever let what you do be dictated by what Republicans think.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Republicans think.

No they do not.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

still laughing at this one it's like he opened the adderall package for his morning supersnort and found it empty

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

crooked joe biden...

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tearful Rittenhouse should have the Water / DORK types.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I have had NIN’s “Heresy” running through my head throughout today

quote:

He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see
He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He got the answers to ease my curiosity
He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity

God is dead
And no one cares
If there is a hell
I'll see you there

He flexed his muscles to keep his flock of sheep in line
He made a virus that would kill off all the swine
His perfect kingdom of killing, suffering and pain
Demands devotion, atrocities done in his name

God is dead
And no one cares
If there is a hell
I'll see you there

Your god is dead
And no one cares
If there is a hell
I'll see you there

Will you die for this?(x4)

God is dead
And no one cares
If there is a hell
I'll see you there (your god is dead)

God is dead (and no one cares)
And no one cares (drowning in his own hypocrisy)
If there is a hell (burning with your God in humility)
I'll see you there

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I was going to make a quip about theres no such typing as normal + [insert not flying here], but apparently theres a bunch of normal + whatever pokes. seems like a bad type combo to gain a 2x weakness to fighting.

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich
In exchange for angering Biden's actual rather than theoretical supporters, moving the Trans Day of Awareness plays into the Conservative "unholy" bigotry and implies Trans people are incapable of being Christian.
And for that gift, Republicans would still cry that it was too close and happening at all.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Didnt Biden's term literally have a triple holiday alignment with Easter, some Jewish, and some Muslime holiday lining up last year?

e: calendars are weird and stupid, like we still let the traditions of iron age civilization farming civ dictate our election dates and business hours.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 31, 2024

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Didnt Biden's term literally have a triple holiday alignment with Easter, some Jewish, and some Muslime holiday lining up last year?

e: calendars are weird and stupid, like we still let the traditions of iron age civilization farming civ dictate our election dates and business hours.

It was Easter, Ramadan, Passover, and "Margaret Thatcher kicking the bucket day" all falling on the same day.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

PhazonLink posted:

IMO the only thing keeping the GOP in any semblance of power is a Tuesday election where people are forced to go to work. Make it a weekend or (better) a holiday, and you'll see huge turnout and the modern GOP relegated to a distant 3rd place behind a not-as-insane GOP, the Dems, or god willing, a more leftist party.

While I'm dreaming I'd like ranked-choice voting, a parliament, and a pony. Thanks.

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022

azflyboy posted:

It was Easter, Ramadan, Passover, and "Margaret Thatcher kicking the bucket day" all falling on the same day.

How do you celebrate that last one?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
people still work on holidays.

my super fanfic ask is shifting the election day to october, having the entire month of sept and whatever oct. weeks be early in person voting. oh and 24 hour inperson voter sites.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Yveltal posted:

ya put a stake through her 'art and a garrote round 'er neck ta make sure she's deed

....in effigy, I guess

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Yveltal posted:

riotously

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Yveltal posted:

Usually with a nice whiskey

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1774245095547486653

love that this interview is just the two of them standing awkwardly on the plane

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Don't put Samoa Joe in with Rittenhouse wtf

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Spindle posted:

In exchange for angering Biden's actual rather than theoretical supporters, moving the Trans Day of Awareness plays into the Conservative "unholy" bigotry and implies Trans people are incapable of being Christian.
And for that gift, Republicans would still cry that it was too close and happening at all.

Please go look up when the Trans Day Of Awareness started, then go look up what day easter falls on next year. and then have a little think.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Don't put Samoa Joe in with Rittenhouse wtf

Samoa Joe KNOWS he can't beat this meme so he's not even gonna try!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1774245095547486653

love that this interview is just the two of them standing awkwardly on the plane

so in the event that a nonzero chance bad thing happens in Nov. how does this platform handle frozen peaches?

like even in the most ideal timeline, how do you suddenly handle a prez controlling a posting platform?

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

PhazonLink posted:

so in the event that a nonzero chance bad thing happens in Nov. how does this platform handle frozen peaches?

like even in the most ideal timeline, how do you suddenly handle a prez controlling a posting platform?

It won't matter because by then the stock will be worthless and the company will likely be dissolved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

staberind posted:

Please go look up when the Trans Day Of Awareness started, then go look up what day easter falls on next year. and then have a little think.

I think you may be misreading their post, they are saying that moving the day would upset people who support Biden, would give ammunition to the radical right, and then they would still complain after it was moved. So the poster is saying it should not be moved.