Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Zedhe Khoja posted:

hmmmm

The most popular domestic pizza chain is worse

special shoutout to the "Orlando"

Special Pizza Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Tuna, Shrimp, Onions, and Corn

e: hey mawarannahr what the gently caress is up with the sausage situation in this country. the most ubiquitous sausage is the sucuk, which is basically beef pepperoni and could be a fine substitute but whenever they need to put any kind of pork product substitute for anything "western" they use that terrible hot dog sausage. like you go to sbarros at the airport and it's like 20 varieties of hotdog meat.

I also say 'en cok Satan' when I eat Sacramento pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
https://x.com/EFPafficionado/status/1774227718080540795?s=20

how is the pa still even around, didn't everyone except Abbas resign?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Neo Rasa posted:

You put this in quotes as if it's a humorous exaggeration but this is like, almost the word exactly how that thread has been openly treated.

I lurked that thread a bit, I got probated at one point because I said something that wasn't absolute blind worship of the US and Joe "I loving Love Genocide" Biden's handling of this even though I met D&D standards and had an article about it/etc. What a shithole thread, but lurking it more after it got really apparent how hosed up the moderation of it is. So of course the end result this typical "is genocide and blowing up kids good or bad this is very complicated issue wow who'd have thought"

dti, dta

Oh, yeah, I had no humorous intentions while writing that. I was threadbanned from us ce thread after explaining exactly that and, further, that the purpose of d&d is to squash discussion. Bunch of loving nazis.

The Sean has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Mar 31, 2024

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Al-Saqr posted:

no the links are from aljazeeras website

Getting rid of twitter is the best decision I ever made, I feel much much healthier and much less consistently miserable. my quality of life improved massively, please do yourself a favor and also delete twitter.

good for you, this is sage advice.

also,

Homeless Friend posted:

do not let them cook

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
does dnd even care that they’re banned from discussing the biggest event of the decade or are they just discussing Biden’s historic achievements as if political horse blinders got thrown on them

in more important news the Jordanian government is cracking down on protests on the Israeli embassy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

30.5 Days posted:

https://x.com/EFPafficionado/status/1774227718080540795?s=20

how is the pa still even around, didn't everyone except Abbas resign?

until recently they got a check from the idf to keep pigs on payroll but i think isreal forgot why they had set that up and stopped giving them checks

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

skipmyseashells posted:

does dnd even care that they’re banned from discussing the biggest event of the decade or are they just discussing Biden’s historic achievements as if political horse blinders got thrown on them

in more important news the Jordanian government is cracking down on protests on the Israeli embassy

The other day there was just page after page in US current events of libs jizzing about how amazing and effective the first responders and bridge crews were so probably not

Though on the plus side now the only opinion on palestine allowed to be expressed on the forums is DTA and DTI so in a way the forces of good won out

National Parks has issued a correction as of 02:19 on Mar 31, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

skipmyseashells posted:

lol wait, you can't discuss or debate ... the loving war in Gaza in D&D?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

nope lol

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

being on the right side of history's cool but it would be nice if it paid better

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
I haven't been to D&D in years so I was unaware of the full extent of this. loving lmao. A true walled lib posting garden.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

koos wasn't kidding about the reports though, so many...

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Orbs posted:

I haven't been to D&D in years so I was unaware of the full extent of this. loving lmao. A true walled lib posting garden.

This is so far beyond that though. Like, what the gently caress is the point? What's even the pretence?

Just call it "The DNC Posting Club House" without embarrassment and irony. There's no shame in it if you're upfront about being HuffPost for IT professionals or whatever.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The Voice of Labor posted:

ah look at this sweet naive burger brained summer child who hasn't read kill anything that moves

The artillery comparison is galling considering that up to 80% of US fire missions were H&I in Vietnam, and it wasn't uncommon in Iraq and Afghanistan either, if you consider at firing at anyone who approached a culvert or shoulder of a road after dark H&I.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

skipmyseashells posted:

No.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ram dass in hell posted:

isn't world central kitchen cia or am I thinking of something else lol

I don't think so? I've seen people posting about that in this thread, but when I went to try and find more information about it nothing came up. Granted I just might not be looking in the right places, I dunno.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

post them

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Orbs posted:

look at their Ukraine thread. I’ve never seen such vitriol and bloodlust. I can’t see that thread being anyway informative it’s just a safe space for people who want to see dead Russians. the entire forum is a joke these days.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

drat wonder what caused that....oh well better not reflect on it much

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

lmbo even

How the hell do you send one soldier?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

lmbo even

How the hell do you send one soldier?

Tripwire - bing bong, so simple!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They're sending Seagal

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

This is so far beyond that though. Like, what the gently caress is the point? What's even the pretence?

Just call it "The DNC Posting Club House" without embarrassment and irony. There's no shame in it if you're upfront about being HuffPost for IT professionals or whatever.
Well, still quite a bit of shame in that, but at least it's more honest.

hadji murad posted:

look at their Ukraine thread. I’ve never seen such vitriol and bloodlust. I can’t see that thread being anyway informative it’s just a safe space for people who want to see dead Russians. the entire forum is a joke these days.
I was on a discord channel full of D&D-style posters who had a dedicated Ukraine war tracking thread. I would need significant amounts of compensation to ever check out such a thing again. Yikes.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

speng31b posted:

Stilling :laffo: at the fact that for a few months questioning the baby decapitation dream team or rape squads existence would get you probed in the D&D thread

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

National Parks posted:

The other day there was just page after page in US current events of libs jizzing about how amazing and effective the first responders and bridge crews were so probably not

Though on the plus side now the only opinion on palestine allowed to be expressed on the forums is DTA and DTI so in a way the forces of good won out

Nope, the troop forum is going to be the aid pier for exiled DnD posters that really just really need to condem the Houthis. I’m not allowed to post there because as you know I’m posting for clout to get in the top secret CSPAM cabal.

No seriously lol

Butter Activities has issued a correction as of 04:35 on Mar 31, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

skipmyseashells posted:

I think they're deeply relieved if anything. There's nothing liberals love more than completely shutting out uncomfortable avenues of discourse.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the only solution is to make d'n'd a second level sub under cspam

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
to help the d&d posters that want to discuss Israel/Palestine they should sticky a thread that just links to this one.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

they did have a thread for it but it got so bad and to the point where any source that wasn't the Israeli government was called disinformation. Also they started saying the alleged persecution of the Uyghurs was both worse than what is going on in Israel and that there was more evidence for it. The evidence involved 1) Wikipedia and 2) Things that Anthony Blinken has said. A guy ended up getting banned because he didn't accept Blinken as a source. Basically a bunch of neolibs that refuse to believe their own eyes about an actual genocide going on right now, involving guns and bombs with daily footage of atrocities. All while believing whatever the NYT and motherfucking Blinken say. They gave up intellectually when faced with the contradictions of being dumb loving libs and the thread collapsed in on itself, generated 200 reports a day and then got closed.

Accept the d&d refugees but do not tolerate any of their mods. Destroy on sight.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 05:02 on Mar 31, 2024

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
dti, dta, glory to the people of Palestine. glory to John fettermans harden arteries - may they be successful on his next stroke.

may allah ease the suffering of the Palestinians and bless the aggressors with the 🔻.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

disagree with the bolded part

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I apologize, everyone, but this thread has not been meeting D&D standards for informative or productive discussion or debate. We also have not been able to keep up with the number of reports it's generated. Accordingly, I must close it for the time being. Hopefully when reports are cleared and we've worked out a moderation strategy, possibly involving an additional mod and/or IK, the thread will be reopened. In the mean time, it goes without saying, I must ask everyone to refrain from discussing this particular issue in other threads.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Regarde Aduck posted:

they did have a thread for it but it got so bad and to the point where any source that wasn't the Israeli government was called disinformation. Also they started saying the alleged persecution of the Uyghurs was both worse than what is going on in Israel and that there was more evidence for it. The evidence involved 1) Wikipedia and 2) Things that Anthony Blinken has said. A guy ended up getting banned because he didn't accept Blinken as a source. Basically a bunch of neolibs that refuse to believe their own eyes about an actual genocide going on right now, involving guns and bombs with daily footage of atrocities. All while believing whatever the NYT and motherfucking Blinken say. They gave up intellectually when faced with the contradictions of being dumb loving libs and the thread collapsed in on itself, generated 200 reports a day and then got closed.

Accept the d&d refugees but do not tolerate any of their mods. Destroy on sight.

it's really unfair and frankly problematic that the tankies could post in that thread just because they had "facts" on their side using the CCP platform tiktok (proven to be 32% disinformation!) even though the smart and good posters had the NYT and the Israeli govt as sources

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

crepeface posted:

to help the d&d posters that want to discuss Israel/Palestine they should sticky a thread that just links to this one.
Agreed.

Regarde Aduck posted:

It's so depressing watching people rely on Wikipedia for information about modern or ongoing conflicts. It can be a good source for relatively non-controversial information, but anything about any war (especially an amerikkkan one) within the last like, two hundred years, is going to be full of disinformation, both overt and subtle. Just because you can maybe trust wikipedia to tell you how photosynthesis or car engines work, that doesn't mean you can trust it to tell you how genocide works.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Orbs posted:

Agreed.

It's so depressing watching people rely on Wikipedia for information about modern or ongoing conflicts. It can be a good source for relatively non-controversial information, but anything about any war (especially an amerikkkan one) within the last like, two hundred years, is going to be full of disinformation, both overt and subtle. Just because you can maybe trust wikipedia to tell you how photosynthesis or car engines work, that doesn't mean you can trust it to tell you how genocide works.

some people treat Wikipedia like the encyclopedia of Legitimate Knowledge where if something isn't in Wikipedia they will not accept it ever, but if is they'll believe it forever instantly no source needed

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

speng31b posted:

Seems totally reasonable to me when people get probed or whatever a week after the post they make, after all it takes time for a mod to see all the requests from the site's many forum members.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

The Voice of Labor posted:

the only solution is to make d'n'd a second level sub under cspam

agreed, this is a comedy website after all

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

RoboBoogie posted:

dti, dta, glory to the people of Palestine. glory to John fettermans harden arteries - may they be successful on his next stroke.

may allah ease the suffering of the Palestinians and bless the aggressors with the 🔻.

Might be a bit too Burger posting but that MFer was talking about defending American freedoms while fighting the Vietnam war

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Nope, the troop forum is going to be the aid pier for exiled DnD posters that really just really need to condem the Houthis. I’m not allowed to post there because as you know I’m posting for clout to get in the top secret CSPAM cabal.

No seriously lol

Wait I thought you were in the cabal? I

====

As far as world central kitchen goes, here are some pictures of Jose Andres with Samantha Power, the administrator (ie head) of USAID.
Wiki: "She is considered to have been a key figure in the Obama administration in persuading the president to intervene militarily in Libya."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

No seriously lol

The gip thread already got overrun months ago when the gbs i/p thread got closed.