Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Augus posted:

why? just because I tasted a really fine wine doesn’t mean I can’t eat a delicious steak anymore. there’s room in my life for both steak and wine

It’s ok not to like things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

okay but please like Helldivers 2 at the very least.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Credits on Forbidden West. Took about 105 hours to complete. Had a bit of open world bloat, but overall a very good game. I enjoyed the story and look forward to the 3rd game. Platinumed the game too.

I'm going to do the dlc next.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'Hmmm, people seem to be enjoying video games. This cannot stand.'

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

I said come in! posted:

okay but please like Helldivers 2 at the very least.

I’m really trying, but playing with randoms is like punching myself in the dick. Which is a shame because it’s the most video game rear end video game in years. Also addicted to balatro.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Mr. Trampoline posted:

I played the Stellar Blade demo and thought it was fine? Seemed like it was basically Zero Suit Samus in Nier Automata fanfiction… Don't really get the over the top negative takes in here. :shrug:

If I’m scathing towards it it’s because it’s so unnecessary. If it was some random game on Steam it’d be average but it’s a full-price first-party title with a special edition. And Sony already have one of the best action combat game series - Spider-Man. The comparison to Bayonetta is pretty disasterous. A 2024 PS5 exclusive should not play more clunkily than a Switch game.

The whole thing reeks of a mediocre game being hyped to sell to the “oh it’s so anti-woke” brigade.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
i thought it was fun enough, idk

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have not played Stellar Babes but I need whoever made it to retain enough plausible deniability until its release that I could play it, if I wanted to.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

apophenium posted:

I shot the gatling gun guy with my little peashooter and his dumb rear end fell off the clocktower.

:bloodborne:

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
The combat really shines in the boss rush mode when you have a lot more abilities unlocked. I wasn't really feeling it until that point. Think the expanded parry and dodge window should have just been the default.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I thought the combat was completely devoid of tension and also went at a plod. The gameplay feels like it's been focus tested into oblivion and whoever made it was trying to make something people think they want, rather than something cool.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Dpulex posted:

I’m really trying, but playing with randoms is like punching myself in the dick.

That' the :same: in every game though.
The average pubbie has the intelligence of a slice toast. If a game asks anything more of them than "point here and shoot head" it gets real difficult for them to grasp the concept.

What I am saying is joina. Goon discord, I am sure one exists for the game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dpulex posted:

I’m really trying, but playing with randoms is like punching myself in the dick. Which is a shame because it’s the most video game rear end video game in years. Also addicted to balatro.

I'm interested in what's going wrong with pubbies? I've never had any problems playing with pubbies, but I also picked up the game at launch and am a level 50 turbo-nerd playing difficulty 7-9.

Also yeah just join the goon discord and find players. I usually play with friends (some are goons) and it transports us back to the days of playing L4D and Bad Company 2.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

The two issues I had playing on public servers were people kicking anyone who didn't use a meta loadout or people who just beelined primary objectives and showed no interest in optional ones.

I've also run into a few people who use grenades and airstrikes at close range, but that's kind of funny. One dude single handedly used up all of our respawns and then accidentally blew the whole team up right before the dropship picked us up. Like, we got to watch the dropship buzz by without landing because we were dead.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bugblatter posted:

The two issues I had playing on public servers were people kicking anyone who didn't use a meta loadout or people who just beelined primary objectives and showed no interest in optional ones.

I've also run into a few people who use grenades and airstrikes at close range, but that's kind of funny. One dude single handedly used up all of our respawns and then accidentally blew the whole team up right before the dropship picked us up. Like, we got to watch the dropship buzz by without landing because we were dead.

Always host imo. I don't think I've ever been kicked for wrong loadout, but I always pick the missions and call in pubbie "support".

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Flowing Thot posted:

The combat really shines in the boss rush mode when you have a lot more abilities unlocked. I wasn't really feeling it until that point. Think the expanded parry and dodge window should have just been the default.

the main demo was fine to decent. the boss rush mode almost made me pre-order.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I've been kicked many times but never given a reason for it.

Happens to me in Helldivers as well.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Went through another ‘CBA to play anything’ phase, despite picking up a bunch of stuff in sales. Tried Nier Replicant, didn’t care for it. Tried Gravity Rush, not my cup of rosy lee either. Sifu? Great intro but too much poo poo for me to remember command wise, I feel like I need a tutorial every time I boot it up. Love that you get a choice right at the start though, wasn’t expecting it.

Still need to go back to Bloodborne, Demon’s Souls, Returnal, Viewfinder, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, Solar Ash, and the Dead Space remake. And haven’t even started the Resi 4 remake, Jusant, Season, Hi-Fi Rush, World of Horror, Observer, Deliver Us Mars, Alan Wake II, the TR remasters…

All I am compelled to play is SF6, where my boss picks Ken and bodies me while I stubbornly try and get good with Manon and Cammy, and, er, Chorus. Yes, I can’t quite understand it either but for some reason playing a former religious wacko haunted by war crimes in a dogfighting starship is scratching an itch nothing else can right now.

Maybe I should ask Veeg to challenge me to finish a game a month or something, gotta get through that pile of shame somehow…

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I know people are complaining about the bad controls, bad cinematics, boob physics, bad VO and skimpy costumes but I think Dragon’s Dogma 2 is still a solid 8/10.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Played tons more Unicorn Overlord this morning. Game still owns

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Lord Packinham posted:

I know people are complaining about the bad controls, bad cinematics, boob physics, bad VO and skimpy costumes but I think Dragon’s Dogma 2 is still a solid 8/10.

The frame rate is killing the game for me

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Sentinel Red posted:

Went through another ‘CBA to play anything’ phase, despite picking up a bunch of stuff in sales.

snip

Seems like you just need to take a break, really. Don't play anything for a couple of days, maybe a week, and then come back to it with fresh eyes. Always helps me :shrug:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

Went through another ‘CBA to play anything’ phase, despite picking up a bunch of stuff in sales. Tried Nier Replicant, didn’t care for it. Tried Gravity Rush, not my cup of rosy lee either. Sifu? Great intro but too much poo poo for me to remember command wise, I feel like I need a tutorial every time I boot it up. Love that you get a choice right at the start though, wasn’t expecting it.

Still need to go back to Bloodborne, Demon’s Souls, Returnal, Viewfinder, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, Solar Ash, and the Dead Space remake. And haven’t even started the Resi 4 remake, Jusant, Season, Hi-Fi Rush, World of Horror, Observer, Deliver Us Mars, Alan Wake II, the TR remasters…

All I am compelled to play is SF6, where my boss picks Ken and bodies me while I stubbornly try and get good with Manon and Cammy, and, er, Chorus. Yes, I can’t quite understand it either but for some reason playing a former religious wacko haunted by war crimes in a dogfighting starship is scratching an itch nothing else can right now.

Maybe I should ask Veeg to challenge me to finish a game a month or something, gotta get through that pile of shame somehow…

That feel when you look at your games drawer/digital games like 10 times a day and nothing speaks to you.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fridge corn posted:

Played tons more Unicorn Overlord this morning. Game still owns

I recommend looking at videos about optimizing your Tactics, because even as an ardent FF12 player I needed a bit of explanation

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Arist posted:

I recommend looking at videos about optimizing your Tactics, because even as an ardent FF12 player I needed a bit of explanation

Yeah haven't really had to do any of that yet. Still doing lvl 6-7 missions and nothing is much of a challenge yet. Playing on tactical (normal?) difficulty

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AcidCat posted:

If this meal satisfies you, hey enjoy. After BG3 its hard to fully enjoy an rpg with basically no characters or story. Oh, theres an imposter Arisen taking your place. Cuz if you were in his place you would do what? And why? Zźzzzz

after BG3 id wish for all games to not have characters or a story

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hyphz posted:

If I’m scathing towards it it’s because it’s so unnecessary. If it was some random game on Steam it’d be average but it’s a full-price first-party title with a special edition. And Sony already have one of the best action combat game series - Spider-Man. The comparison to Bayonetta is pretty disasterous. A 2024 PS5 exclusive should not play more clunkily than a Switch game.

The whole thing reeks of a mediocre game being hyped to sell to the “oh it’s so anti-woke” brigade.
i dont think its really pandering to the 'anti-woke' brigade or anything exactly. its more just a korean developer thats mostly made mobile games branching into console dev. sony's investment and push with it is probably more them trying to open up a developing section of the industry so that in 5-10 years other korean companies making that push wanna partner with sony over putting their games out on PC or switch 2.5 or w/e. treating the devs of a b-list action game like kings will encourage those devs basically

as for the game itself its fine for a first attempt but as mentioned the devs havent exactly made a console-grade real time action game before and it shows in some of the clunk. its something i could see being a lot better if they get to make a sequel or just another game

Endorph fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 31, 2024

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Dpulex posted:

The frame rate is killing the game for me

This is probably the only disappointing aspect of DD2 for me, I was expecting better from the RE engine, Capcom demonstrated that it runs extremely well on a variety of hardware, like Rise on the Switch, or RE8 on Deck. And then they seemingly poo poo the bed with DD2.
It's been mentioned before but it is making me a little nervous for MH:Wild

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Don't like things!!!! But also pick up Rise of the Ronin because its awesome as gently caress. The more I play, the more this game gets better.

Yuuuuup. I like all Team Ninja stuff, but this one hits the sweet spot between the kitchen sink of Nioh and the streamlining of Wo Long. And the open world stuff is basically either a collectable that takes .2 seconds to grab or an avenue to fight poo poo. And the fightin is real good

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

hyphz posted:

So you want them to not make any games but Spider Man or something. I can't even tell what you're angry about. Did someone release carbon monoxide into this thread why is everyone acting so stupid.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i switched to capped 30 mode in DD2 once they patched it in and don't think i've run into any noticeable drops since

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Carmant posted:

Did someone release carbon monoxide into this thread why is everyone acting so stupid.

Mako poisoning

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hyphz posted:

I thought stellar blade felt kinda lovely to play but this is a really bizarre angle to go at it from.
Is the implication here that Bayonetta has worse combat than Marvel's Spider Man because it's on the Switch? does the PS5 have a special ability to automatically make games more fun to play through sheer hardware strength? do developers just go "computer, make the punches feel more satisfying" and then the PS5 whirs a bit and out pops Street Fighter 6?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Don't be afraid, it's not death it's a shitposting

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Carmant posted:

So you want them to not make any games but Spider Man or something. I can't even tell what you're angry about. Did someone release carbon monoxide into this thread why is everyone acting so stupid.

All the cool people are watching veeg’s 24 hour stream

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't have a PS5 so I can't test it myself to give any specifics but I'm giving them some leeway because not every studio can be Retro Studios and nail making a new game on their first try. Square-Enix and RGG's third person shooters and the latter's first attempt at a turn-based JRPG weren't perfect after all. Either they'll tweak things better between now and full release or it'll be bad and forgotten like the Callisto Protocol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
If youre not on the full thread superstar list, youre posts are automatically skipped and a lot of the new posting from friday is why, sorry i dont make the rules here

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RareAcumen posted:

I don't have a PS5 so I can't test it myself to give any specifics but I'm giving them some leeway because not every studio can be Retro Studios and nail making a new game on their first try. Square-Enix and RGG's third person shooters and the latter's first attempt at a turn-based JRPG weren't perfect after all. Either they'll tweak things better between now and full release or it'll be bad and forgotten like the Callisto Protocol.

I think my issue with it was there’s a lot of fundamentally stupid stuff going on in the demo, and it doesn’t feel subversive or intentional. There’s no winking at the camera about how ridiculous it all is, there’s no hinting at something bigger going on to explain it, it’s played completely straight and it’s not good.

Like, when your heroic squad commander bravely sacrifices herself to save you, I just was staring at the screen in awe of how mind bogglingly dumb the entire moment was. It’s like a writer went “and then she gets her ARM CHOPPED OFF and it’s gonna be sick nasty!!!” and when someone else maybe pointed out that this makes literally no sense physically? They just decided to do it off camera for drama. It’s dumb, dumb, dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

My particular brand of brainworms has led me to feel like FF 7 Rebirth might be too much game lol. I’ve been meticulously doing everything in each area as I progress. Now I’m in chapter 12 and it’s like “congratulations, there’s new poo poo to do EVERYWHERE!” and I’m like gently caress

What am I gonna do, not immediately go do all of it? My hope that this game would end up being more open than Remake was granted tenfold, they put their whole rear end into this game.