Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

BBQ No. 2 and I have another tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

FUUUUUCK

after several hours of fighting with this poo poo it is STILL NOT WORKING because some dependency called apex is not installing correctly and causing everything to error out with "no module named 'fused_layer_norm_cuda'"

I can find years and years of people posting about this problem to their github and none of the proposed solutions work

:bang:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

TIP posted:

"no module named 'fused_layer_norm_cuda'"

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

TIP posted:

FUUUUUCK

after several hours of fighting with this poo poo it is STILL NOT WORKING because some dependency called apex is not installing correctly and causing everything to error out with "no module named 'fused_layer_norm_cuda'"

I can find years and years of people posting about this problem to their github and none of the proposed solutions work

:bang:

Who are two guys that sometimes hang out by a car's air conditioner controls?

Norm and Max!

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

IT'S AN EASTER MIRACLE

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is 2024 finally the year of Linux?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

redshirt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

linux blankie

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Linux Banksy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol- menu - save bookmark. Very useful!

Now, let me tell you why commercial fusion power is only 30 years away....

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

tbh if microsoft keeps up with the Copilot poo poo maybe

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i fuckin hate easter that's all

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

I don't think of it, and when I do, it's just kids looking for chocolate eggs and candy. Like a Spring Halloween.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

i have a tummy ache and didnt even eat any chocolate eggs :mad: also wtf even is that co-pilot thing? it appeared on my laptop after an update, opened once and wouldn't close, and now seems to have disappeared :dogstare:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

bagmonkey posted:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

look at this judgy rear end baby monkey that was just born at a uk zoo

https://news.sky.com/story/endangered-primate-baby-born-at-leicestershire-zoo-13104659

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

i have a tummy ache and didnt even eat any chocolate eggs :mad: also wtf even is that co-pilot thing? it appeared on my laptop after an update, opened once and wouldn't close, and now seems to have disappeared :dogstare:

Copilot is Microsoft's new dumbass AI.

Like a less cool Clippy.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Ruby Gloom posted:

look at this judgy rear end baby monkey that was just born at a uk zoo

https://news.sky.com/story/endangered-primate-baby-born-at-leicestershire-zoo-13104659

Omg so I've used this image as my brother's contact info in my phone for over a decade

Now I finally know what kind of monkey he is lmao

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

bagmonkey posted:

Dude just think of it as an excuse to have a party, that's what I do and I love parties!
Check it:
Ham
Kielbasa
Pashka
Bread
Deviled eggs
Cabbage 3 ways
Potato salad
Nut brown ale
Plum brandy
Krapnik
Parties
Lemon bundle cake

Invite friends and neighbors to hang and socialize and have an egg hunt! I can't wait, its.going to be great

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Omg so I've used this image as my brother's contact info in my phone for over a decade

Now I finally know what kind of monkey he is lmao

Pumpkin headed brother monkey

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

bagmonkey posted:

Easter is dumb, it's true.

The only good thing about it is candy and there's only one actually good kind of easter candy, and once you can't find that at the store anymore, what's even the point of the holiday anymore?

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I grew up going to church at least once a week. My dad especially was SUPER into church and making me and my siblings go. There was a long period of my life where all my dreams took place inside the church building. Like I would have a dream about school and I knew it was school but physically the setting was still the Lutheran church. I was there way too often!!

I stopped wanting to go when I was a teenager but I didn't manage to completely extricate myself until my early 20s. I haven't been in a church in probably 15 years. I do not have any interest in religion and easter is a holiday that is hard to extricate from its religious basis. I like bunnies and flowers and candy but I don't care about Jesus, but Jesus dominates the holiday so that makes it a holiday I don't like.

The only good thing is that imgur has been filled with a lot of blasphemous holiday memes that warm my cold dead lutheran kid heart

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have the almost complete opposite experience. Because of a Protestant-Catholic war in my Great Grandparents and Grandparents generations families, everyone gave up religion way back then, such that my parents were strictly areligious. I never went to church, never heard a sermon, saw a bible, heard about Jesus except for what I saw on TV and learned at school. Easter has always 100% been about the Bunny and egg hunts and spring and candy and I always had great vibes about it as a kid. And 100% Jesus free.

Glad you're doing what you want now Dorkus.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I get you, same here but Roman Catholic and I stopped that I'm my teen years, a real turning point was when some bad poo poo started being visible out of the church and my family realized "hey maybe this is all cracked up to what it should be"
I'm totally not a religious person and neither is my family after the old guard has died. I like to have parties so I've co-opted strictly religious holidays and made them what I want to be: love people, have parties. Jesus and stuff has absolutely nothing to do with anything and I like it that way

Lol

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

redshirt posted:

And 100% Jesus free.

Glad you're doing what you want now Dorkus.

This is what I'm talking about :respek:

ilovebeersooomuch fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 31, 2024

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Easter is dumb, it's true.

The only good thing about it is candy and there's only one actually good kind of easter candy, and once you can't find that at the store anymore, what's even the point of the holiday anymore?

Might I suggest an excuse to make Mrs Beers heritage meal: Bryndzové halušky - potato dumplings with sheep's cheese and bacon
It is soooooooo gooooooood
Pairs well with dark chocolate eggs

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

You can do what my brother does (and now some of my friends, too) and text me, and I quote:

Happy Go gently caress Yourself Day, you jackoff ;)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

We grew up regularly going to church every Sunday. On Easter we had to go twice, usually Good Friday and again on Saturday night.

Eating meat on Good Friday was a big no-no, even if you weren't Roman Catholic. I didn't like fish (well, I didn't think I liked it because I thought fish sticks were what fish was) so I'd always get just fries from the local fish & chip place. You had to order early because every place would be absolutely blocked with orders from like 10 AM until night.

Eventually one year my Dad said "gently caress it" and ordered some chicken wings on top of the usual order. When I met up with the couple of friends I had on the street and I told them I'd eaten chicken wings one of them tapped me on the back of the head with his hockey stick for doing something I'm not supposed to, like it carried the same risk as playing Russian roulette or something.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Eventually one year my Dad said "gently caress it" and ordered some chicken wings on top of the usual order. When I met up with the couple of friends I had on the street and I told them I'd eaten chicken wings one of them tapped me on the back of the head with his hockey stick for doing something I'm not supposed to, like it carried the same risk as playing Russian roulette or something.

This is fuckin hysterical

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I grew up going to church at least once a week. My dad especially was SUPER into church and making me and my siblings go. There was a long period of my life where all my dreams took place inside the church building. Like I would have a dream about school and I knew it was school but physically the setting was still the Lutheran church. I was there way too often!!

I stopped wanting to go when I was a teenager but I didn't manage to completely extricate myself until my early 20s. I haven't been in a church in probably 15 years. I do not have any interest in religion and easter is a holiday that is hard to extricate from its religious basis. I like bunnies and flowers and candy but I don't care about Jesus, but Jesus dominates the holiday so that makes it a holiday I don't like.

The only good thing is that imgur has been filled with a lot of blasphemous holiday memes that warm my cold dead lutheran kid heart

My mom is super Catholic and my brother is on track to becoming a Priest. My dad and I are are agnostic / areligious. It makes for a fun party.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Might I suggest an excuse to make Mrs Beers heritage meal: Bryndzové halušky - potato dumplings with sheep's cheese and bacon
It is soooooooo gooooooood
Pairs well with dark chocolate eggs

That sounds amazing
https://i.imgur.com/NhjI3pZ.mp4

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Just saw my first robin!

I am on the eye for them this time of year, as it's my last official sign that Spring is here!

(even though I will get a foot of snow on Thursday. Good luck robins and all the other migrators!)

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Hell yeah

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

sure jesus had it bad this weekend but i broke one of my acrylic nails in half today which is basically 3x worse :negative:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

sure jesus had it bad this weekend but i broke one of my acrylic nails in half today which is basically 3x worse :negative:

freaking right :hai:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

jesus at the nail bar all "i cannot believe you charge extra for glitter, this is my big day.. oh well, judas said he came into some money so.."

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Seems appropriate

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
it amuses me how much of Christian artwork gets the nail locations wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Growing up in a place that was 98% Christian (this is not exaggeration) I'm surprised when people don't know the full Easter story. I got into a discussion with someone over why we don't have any of Jesus's body to make a clone from, and why finding said body would cause some pretty big waves in theological circles.