Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Seen on Bluesky: the latest in employee wellness!

Note the generous kneeroom, thick padding on the seat, and comfortable seat angle.

From the company website https://www.mycabana.health/pods

I wonder why people would buy this thing?

Oh.

I guess the part of the vacation that this replicates is the plane flight? Weird choice but okay. Can you at least watch a PG rated version of The Matrix in there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ensign Expendable posted:

I guess the part of the vacation that this replicates is the plane flight? Weird choice but okay. Can you at least watch a PG rated version of The Matrix in there?

oh gently caress thats what it reminded me of

i bet when you get out, even after 10 minutes, your boss will hassle you and make you empty your pockets or some poo poo

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

poo poo, do you have to go through TSA first to use the cube?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

well poo poo i got an eight hour flight. there goes the work day

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

no lube so what posted:

not funny to joke about

I'm sorry to hear about your job loss

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm sorry to hear about your job loss

least now they can work from home

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

this certainly feels like a condemnation of the worst part of capitalism, which is Miami
https://twitter.com/i/status/1774298041672999406

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Business Gorillas posted:

My pharmacy is in a target so I went there. They have 12ish checkout lines and 4 self checkouts. 11 of the lines were closed and 2 self checkouts were busted, ending up with a 30+ person line waiting to buy bullshit

Lol at stores making it hostile to shop in them

Discount department stores like walmart and target can afford to make their stores hostile because the only reason you go there is low prices. Local walmart manages the lines so there is always at least a 10 minute wait to check out. But what are you going to do? Go somewhere else and pay 50 cents more for bread?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's absolutely insane how expensive pysch meds are, even more so than others. Like, do you want people to be able to function at all? The answer of course, is no.

High prices make the medicine more likely to work. Psych meds effectiveness is judged on vibes, not objective tests. And placebos that cost $1000 work better than ones that cost $1.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Note the generous kneeroom, thick padding on the seat, and comfortable seat angle.

From the company website https://www.mycabana.health/pods

I wonder why people would buy this thing?

Oh.

if people don't destroy these things then everyone deserves this poo poo world

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The weird angles of the coffin booth are bugging the poo poo out of me. It looks like something Klasky-Csupo designed.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

spechtie posted:

this certainly feels like a condemnation of the worst part of capitalism, which is Miami

:magical:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

spechtie posted:

"i am happy with the results" the man says. offscreen the glock held against his dog's head drops slightly, his captor nodding in approval

red19fire
May 26, 2010

“I have always wanted facial hair…”

Hey man, just like wait a few days longer.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Discount department stores like walmart and target can afford to make their stores hostile because the only reason you go there is low prices. Local walmart manages the lines so there is always at least a 10 minute wait to check out. But what are you going to do? Go somewhere else and pay 50 cents more for bread?

Some people go to Target because they like it though.

quote:

But it’s not just Target’s financials that are impressive —  it’s how much its customers love the store. It’s been described as “relaxing,” a “mini-vacation,” and blogger Samantha Taylor even said,
“Walking into a Target is a mild high in itself.”

quote:

Target doesn’t just have fans, it has a cult following. Even celebrities like Beyonce, supermodel Heidi Klum, and even Al Pacino love Target.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

spechtie posted:

In terms of they actually made hair grow where clearly it didn't, it's a success story. But like, maybe go for something slightly more or less realistic?

Completely unrealistic hair transplants should be a thing though. Like bald head with a Sharpie dick in pubes or concentric chin circles in ginger and grey.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

cumpantry posted:

i never thought about punching the fries

You missed out

Now go sit quietly in the glass stress cube

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

imagining al pacino pressing the beg button gatekeeping the shampoo shelf. he is dicking around on his phone for 5 minutes until someone shows up.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Shame Boy posted:

target is a relatively pleasant place to wander around :shrug:

then again I’m a boring suburban dad who likes Costco a lot too so my opinion prob belongs in the trash

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

LeeMajors posted:

then again I’m a boring suburban dad who likes Costco a lot too so my opinion prob belongs in the trash

Costco is fine, target is specifically designed to bring out the worst in wives and daughters and I, for one, will no longer participate in pilgrimages for their bizarre rituals

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

quote:

“Walking into a Target is a mild high in itself.”
"Micro"-doser spotted.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

LeeMajors posted:

maybe it's just WA but all the targets here are decrepit with tons of empty shelves and the minimal selection locked behind glass doors. they look like poo poo, old and dirty, and they have like 4 employees in the whole store. Seattle, Bellevue, it doesn't matter.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

spechtie posted:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

mawarannahr posted:

maybe it's just WA but all the targets here are decrepit with tons of empty shelves and the minimal selection locked behind glass doors. they look like poo poo, old and dirty, and they have like 4 employees in the whole store. Seattle, Bellevue, it doesn't matter.

that’s how Walmart is here in SC. Target is clean, fully stocked and staffed. and usually not too hard to get in and out.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

LeeMajors posted:

that’s how Walmart is here in SC. Target is clean, fully stocked and staffed. and usually not too hard to get in and out.

wow, South Carolina sounds nice...

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

mawarannahr posted:

It's because we live in a city, go out to a no-name suburb like Vancouver and all the targets are white people Mecca again

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

mawarannahr posted:

wow, South Carolina sounds nice...

it’s awful but you can let us have this one thing

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

Target is Walmart but the prices are a little higher so the people who absolutely need the lowest price go to Walmart, so there's built in exclusivity.

My wife loves Target. I think its hell. I have to leave my nice house that I like and go visit hell for at least an hour on a beautiful Saturday.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

getting written up (again) for complaining about the cabana cube's "my summer car rear end graphics"

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

It's because we live in a city, go out to a no-name suburb like Vancouver and all the targets are white people Mecca again

bellevue is 4 blocks of “downtown” high rises surrounded by affluent suburbia, it’s where people march around holding landlord lives matter signs. you’d think they’d keep the target looking nice.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fired with cause for heavy drinking, called boss "perkele", frequent baffling comments along the lines of "back in 5, gotta go 'save the game' if you know what I mean"

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Shame Boy posted:

back in my day we called this astroturfing

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Facebook Aunt posted:

High prices make the medicine more likely to work. Psych meds effectiveness is judged on vibes, not objective tests. And placebos that cost $1000 work better than ones that cost $1.

The placebo part is literally true but the non placebo meds do modify your body in various ways & can cause extreme and dangerous reactions to other seemingly normal stuff that are not vibes-based. Def check your paperwork and talk to your doc if you're lucky enough to have one.

In a free meds society they could probably do various kinds of complex synthesized placebos still, they would still have a place in medicine I think

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also nobody's buying loving name-brand wellbutrin you're buying the generic that's like four bucks even without insurance

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I bet a placebo that has extra warnings on the paperwork could be more effective than one that does not. Or it wouldn't be surprising.

E: the other thing about placebos is they measurably work, even if the patient knows they are placebos, and they somehow work on some animals (iirc). It is a mystery, but it's real. In a free meds society the more expensive placebo being more effective may no longer exist.

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Mar 31, 2024

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

LeeMajors posted:

everyone likes costco.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mawarannahr posted:

and they have like 4 employees in the whole store. Seattle, Bellevue, it doesn't matter.

that's everywhere at this point. Everywhere's a ghost town, especially checkout

spechtie posted:

I have never seen anything this ridiculous and I have a mirror

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Shame Boy posted:

Also nobody's buying loving name-brand wellbutrin you're buying the generic that's like four bucks even without insurance

Lol no it isn't.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol no it isn't.

I used to buy it without insurance and it was either $4 or $10 through whatever "cheap rear end meds program" the pharmacy I used did, I forgot which.

I just googled it right now and a 30 pill supply of 75mg goes for ~$12, or a 60 pill supply of 100mg extended release for $21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Now if you want the huge fuckin' pills I don't think those are out of patent yet so those are expensive but you could just take two of the smaller pills for 1/20th the cost so