Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
A protest org led by IDF soldiers marched through a Haredi neighborhood in Jerusalem in relation to the imminent Haredi draft, and got into a scuffle with the locals/the cops

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1774467358649622807?t=y2_dHBfCekLsjMBvlmWJcg&s=19

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1774469141283434536?t=3j_r9CFWM8fdUbCqTa-49A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

So anyway, this is a story about how Hamas saved the internet from a Mossad plot.

I don't understand how Hamas is connected to this backdoor or it being found. Can you please explain?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1774479984041578842?s=20

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

A protest org led by IDF soldiers marched through a Haredi neighborhood in Jerusalem in relation to the imminent Haredi draft, and got into a scuffle with the locals/the cops
I can guess from the flags but were the soldiers in favour or against the new law?

Votskomit posted:

I don't understand how Hamas is connected to this backdoor or it being found. Can you please explain?
I read it as "Israel's hacker forces were slowly trying to compromise all of the Linuxes everywhere and the conflict made them want control it faster and people caught wind"

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Leandros posted:

I can guess from the flags but were the soldiers in favour or against the new law?

In favor. They were basically just taunting the Haredim.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

fuctifino posted:

If he doesn't wake up, is there a clear line of succession, or would the current government collapse while they fight to form a fresh coalition?

technically the number 2 from his party would take over, but realistically everything would fall apart.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Leandros posted:

I read it as "Israel's hacker forces were slowly trying to compromise all of the Linuxes everywhere and the conflict made them want control it faster and people caught wind"

It's baseless speculation, as we have little info on the attacker other than that they used a Singapore VPN and an almost certainly fake name.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

This is like the fourth time he said this by now. Something is seriously holding him back from actually enacting those plans.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Sancho Banana posted:

This is like the fourth time he said this by now. Something is seriously holding him back from actually enacting those plans.

he needs to get one last one in before he dies of mysterious circumstances in his operation

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
also i have no doubt that israel will try to go to rafah, they are nazis and theres no one really stopping them and america is behind them 100%, but much like evrything else theyve done, they will cause human catastrophe but still not win the war.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

we have discussed finding out and decided to gently caress around

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
The constant waffling on invading Rafah reminds me of how Israel was acting prior to the ground invasion of Gaza.

in both cases, Israel knows the invasion is going to be disastrous for them, which is where the hesitation comes in. But eventually they're going to do it, because they're genocidal Nazis who want to expel/kill the Palestinians.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/netanyahu-decries-lies-about-his-health-says-his-medical-history-is-known/
Responding to the first question about his health and whether he would release his entire medical report, Netanyahu says the report is “available, known.”

He decries “lies” about the health of him and his wife.

“I promise you, I will get through this treatment successfully,” he says, ahead of surgery on a hernia later tonight. “I will return to action very quickly.”

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

VoicesCanBe posted:

The constant waffling on invading Rafah reminds me of how Israel was acting prior to the ground invasion of Gaza.

in both cases, Israel knows the invasion is going to be disastrous for them, which is where the hesitation comes in. But eventually they're going to do it, because they're genocidal Nazis who want to expel/kill the Palestinians.

Though it's also how they talk about Libanon, no?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/netanyahu-decries-lies-about-his-health-says-his-medical-history-is-known/
Responding to the first question about his health and whether he would release his entire medical report, Netanyahu says the report is “available, known.”

He decries “lies” about the health of him and his wife.

“I promise you, I will get through this treatment successfully,” he says, ahead of surgery on a hernia later tonight. “I will return to action very quickly.”

Maybe the cancer that is his soul has finally manifested in his body.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

These people are the loving worst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQBACFEwCgE

They are so loving whiney oh my god.

"How the Soviets created anti-Zionism".

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

These people are the loving worst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQBACFEwCgE

They are so loving whiney oh my god.

"How the Soviets created anti-Zionism".

She's got a high-end looking recording setup, I trust her implicitly

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Sancho Banana posted:

In favor. They were basically just taunting the Haredim.

Israel sure seems antisemitic

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Leandros posted:

She's got a high-end looking recording setup, I trust her implicitly

I just hate the assumption that the default should be supporting their looney tunes project. Why should it be taken for granted that I give a poo poo about the Zionist project?

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I just hate the assumption that the default should be supporting their looney tunes project. Why should it be taken for granted that I give a poo poo about the Zionist project?

They're the only democracy in the Middle East, a bastion of Western values, a flickering light surrounded by a sea of darkness.

What do you mean I'm racist?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
How did Israel manage to make themseleves so important to western leaders? To the point that America, Germany etc are passing laws that you have to be loyal to Israel (Anti BDS laws etc)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Votskomit posted:

the americans and israelis have a reputation for overly complex super expensive zero day attacks to infiltrate air gapped computer systems whereas the russians / chinese use a dropped usb in the pentagon car park

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

OctaMurk posted:

How did Israel manage to make themseleves so important to western leaders? To the point that America, Germany etc are passing laws that you have to be loyal to Israel (Anti BDS laws etc)

*pulls out the flight logs*

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

OctaMurk posted:

They're a very useful staging ground for the West's imperial ambitions in the region

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

OctaMurk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYLNCcLfIkM

Israel is seen as the best way to destabilize the region and help prevent anti-imperialist movements from taking or holding power.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

OctaMurk posted:

I think 'kompromat' but it could be geopolitical maneuvers by the rules based international order too, not exclusionary

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Jel Shaker posted:

*pulls out the flight logs*

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

OctaMurk posted:

the arab world was largely aligned with the soviet union so israel was our counter-balance in the region

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

genericnick posted:

Yeah it's the same rhetoric with Lebanon. Ideologically they have to do this stuff in order for the current government to stay in power and as part of the vain effort to recreate a sense of security in Israeli society, but practically anybody with a head on their shoulders understands that this is a bad idea. As a result, you get this weird oscillation where they're trying to wait for the perfect time or the perfect plan to do something they must do but cannot do without unacceptable consequences.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
why does it always come back to US imperialist interests!??!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

apatheticman posted:

no war but class war

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

hubris.height posted:

I think 'kompromat' but it could be geopolitical maneuvers by the rules based international order too, not exclusionary

I think on the individual politician level Israel probably does make maneuvers where spycraft and lobbying matter, but let's not kid ourselves. The US on the whole supports Israel because it has material interests in common.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
also the Germans are still deeply antisemitic and don’t want to admit it, and Israel gives Jewish people somewhere to go so they won’t be in Germany anymore

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

apatheticman posted:

probably a coincidence.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

apatheticman posted:

Well you see the Earth isn't quite a sphere and is actually stretched in the middle, kind of oblong, or shaped like a burger. What this means, in practice, is that the whole world is Burgerland.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Did netanyahu get hit with the deadly hernia gun

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think on the individual politician level Israel probably does make maneuvers where spycraft and lobbying matter, but let's not kid ourselves. The US on the whole supports Israel because it has material interests in common.

Wouldnt we be better off pouring all our resources into Jordan

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

genericnick posted:

If you want to talk about Lib-Anon there's a thread for that:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4057507

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mister Bates posted:

also the Germans are still deeply antisemitic and don’t want to admit it, and Israel gives Jewish people somewhere to go so they won’t be in Germany anymore

Honestly that's overstating the case. Israel gave Jewish people somewhere else to go when the FRG was still 75% OG NAZI by weight. But now the successful implementation of the Madagascar plan has been fixed in the national mythology of why they're morally good after all, and taking that away will be met with hostility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Mister Bates posted:

This is why sending them back to Lithuania, Poland, and Western Ukraine, the Pale of Settlement is win-win.