Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

kiimo posted:

That he was driving it? Where is that report

https://twitter.com/kellixsmith/status/1774450336003998161?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I guess I wonder if they just did that since it's registered to him but c'mon it's just wishful thinking to assume otherwise.

I just woke up to this info though I don't know anything. Just read the injuries are minor though so that's good news for them.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

kiimo posted:

That he was driving it? Where is that report

https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1774457390756233528?s=46

No official report he was driving the Corvette but that was the car that was registered to him. Looking like a hit and run.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

They haven't found Cam Sutton yet. Do you think we will have to start a Rashee Rice / Cam Sutton disappearance mega thread?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

The goal of the exercise is probably to play keep away until he's not provably drunk. Probably doesn't matter if someone died tho.

Yep. Team lawyer, hell Reid himself, probably told him to jump the guard rails and sleep it off in the woods.

Probably Mahomes too.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Everyone knows if you simply abandon your car with all the paperwork and registration, the cops can't establish jurisdiction.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Pretty drat absurd happening just after having Ruggs chat

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Pretty soon we will have enough players to form a team of roaming potential felons. Play a game and then move on before the cops find you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
drat? Just a corvette? What a broke boy.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mcmagic posted:

fr fr no cap

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

mcmagic posted:

Ruggs was driving a Corvette too and the high end ones are pretty loving insane

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Black Sunshine posted:

Ruggs was driving a Corvette too and the high end ones are pretty loving insane

Even the base stingray is absurdly fast, they just don’t have the cachet of an Italian supercar. But hey, rookie contracts don’t pay like the did in the Sam Bradford days, gotta be more financially responsible about which car you’re going to try to kill people with.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Even the base stingray is absurdly fast, they just don’t have the cachet of an Italian supercar. But hey, rookie contracts don’t pay like the did in the Sam Bradford days, gotta be more financially responsible about which car you’re going to try to kill people with.

Oh for sure. As far as performance goes, Corvettes are probably the undisputed king of "bang for your buck" at this point. Certainly the best car to buy on a rookie contract if you're looking for speed.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Especially with C8's giving that exotic look.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Car looks less destroyed than I imagined also for some reason I assumed it was night.

That definitely looks like it could be Rice in the red durag. I also assumed they ran, not casually walked away.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
C8s are insanely fun. I can’t even imagine the z06 or e Ray

Was it reported he was drinking or at a bar?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah it's very, very daytime. It's going to be a big difference if everyone was sober and up on a Sunday morning getting in a wreck and if one of his friends was driving.

If it's...everyone was still up from the previous night it's a much bigger situation. I mean, if they are hammered after drinking all night they're pretty casual about it

https://www.tmz.com/2024/03/31/first-photos-rashee-rice-car-crash-site-dallas-occupants-leaving-scene/?adid=social-tw

more images here

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's nighttime in this video clip, and the timestamp is 10:48 PM Dallas time.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
NFL GMs should put no driving clauses in contracts. We've got a 24 hour car service at your disposal day and night. We will reimburse you any cab fare. If we receive any evidence of you driving a car on a public road you will lose 5 million dollars.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's nighttime in this video clip, and the timestamp is 10:48 PM Dallas time.

But what about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k88bwHtOj4Q

Weird thing I just noticed Rashee gets out of the lambo which he doesn't own, not the vette. All three dudes get out of the passenger side too. That's...well that was smartish I guess? Feel like there will be footage later showing who was driving

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ah there we go

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

NFL GMs should put no driving clauses in contracts. We've got a 24 hour car service at your disposal day and night. We will reimburse you any cab fare. If we receive any evidence of you driving a car on a public road you will lose 5 million dollars.

They had a car service at one point through the NFLPA, going back like 15 years ago or so. Players just called an 800 number on their union card or something and they could get a car or limo basically anywhere in the country. It was like a $100 fee, and supposedly confidential. However, they dropped the program pre-COVID, in part because stuff like Uber and Lyft had become widespread in the interim, but also because a number of players repeatedly stated they didn't trust that it was truly confidential and worried that any uses of the program would get reported back to the team, regardless of what they were doing/why they were using it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fartknocker posted:

a number of players repeatedly stated they didn't trust that it was truly confidential and worried that any uses of the program would get reported back to the team

that's fair tbh, given their arbitrary style of discipline I probably wouldn't trust it unless it was directly organized by the PA and ran by a third party

also it's kinda silly to race on public roads when you can afford to rent a fuckin track. I 100% get wanting to race but even in my 20s I was worried about hurting bystanders

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fartknocker posted:

players repeatedly stated they didn't trust that it was truly confidential and worried that any uses of the program would get reported back to the team, regardless of what they were doing/why they were using it.

I mean they are probably right on that

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

fartknocker posted:

They had a car service at one point through the NFLPA, going back like 15 years ago or so. Players just called an 800 number on their union card or something and they could get a car or limo basically anywhere in the country. It was like a $100 fee, and supposedly confidential. However, they dropped the program pre-COVID, in part because stuff like Uber and Lyft had become widespread in the interim, but also because a number of players repeatedly stated they didn't trust that it was truly confidential and worried that any uses of the program would get reported back to the team, regardless of what they were doing/why they were using it.

That's incredibly stupid. Why would the NFLPA report back to a team on player conduct?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's incredibly stupid. Why would the NFLPA report back to a team on player conduct?

is it that hard to imagine the reality where the owners corrupt that system to get snitches on the players?

I know the NFLPA is so powerful it's probably tough to fathom

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't subscribe to many conspiracy theories but the "random drug test that's totally just a coincidence and in no way in part that we may have gotten wind of something that may or may not have happened" is certainly one I would raise an eyebrow on. Like, billionaire owners getting all wannabe James Bond with the drivers of that service does not require me to stretch my imagination like at all. It would be clumsy but the small number of conspirators needed makes me think it's true. Or at least plausible enough that were I a player I'd be like hell no I'm taking that shuttle after the night I just had

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Yeah, I can believe that the majority of cases where the service is used would be without incident. All it takes is those fringe cases though where a player does something like get sloshed or even something minor like asking the driver to take a detour to get fast food instead of going directly to training camp and somehow it just happens to get back to the team owner/head coach/whoever.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the nflpa voluntarily surrendered unilateral player discipline for conduct to the commissioner with no collective bargaining involved, and have no hope of ever regaining a say over it in the future. gently caress no I wouldn't trust them not to gently caress me over to the owners.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Didn't someone bug their GMs office or something?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

I don't subscribe to many conspiracy theories but the "random drug test that's totally just a coincidence and in no way in part that we may have gotten wind of something that may or may not have happened" is certainly one I would raise an eyebrow on. Like, billionaire owners getting all wannabe James Bond with the drivers of that service does not require me to stretch my imagination like at all. It would be clumsy but the small number of conspirators needed makes me think it's true. Or at least plausible enough that were I a player I'd be like hell no I'm taking that shuttle after the night I just had

At least one of the articles I read mentioned not just ‘random’ drug tests (Which we know often aren’t), but also concern that it getting back to the team becoming an impact on contracts. “Oh, you used the NFLPA car service 8 times last year. Is that something we should be concerned about? We’re not sure we can give you the contract length we talked about before and the signing bonus is gonna be cut in half” sort of bullshit.

But yeah, it generally boiled down to players not trusting the NFLPA and the companies they partnered with to keep usage truly confidential, even if it was totally innocent/mundane poo poo and not being picked up from their secret boyfriend, stopping to buy yeyo on the street, and then being dropped off at their secret girlfriends place. Plus, they started the program before stuff like Uber and Lyft were available nationally, and a lot of players probably just use that instead.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Doubt you could put something like that into a contract.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Slowpoke! posted:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

hosed as it is some people just like driving drunk and no amount of transit options available is gonna stop that.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Slowpoke! posted:

But could a team mandate that all players have to drive a Toyota Yaris

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Internet detectives are out in force on this thing because it's weird.

The guy driving the Corvette, which is the car in Rice's name, is definitely not Rice.

But the question remains if Rice is the one driving the Lambo SUV.

Also one very unsubstantiated report that the guys pulled "guns and bags" out of the car before leaving. Did they really? Or is that just...Texas Assumption from a witness.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fartknocker posted:

At least one of the articles I read mentioned not just ‘random’ drug tests (Which we know often aren’t), but also concern that it getting back to the team becoming an impact on contracts. “Oh, you used the NFLPA car service 8 times last year. Is that something we should be concerned about? We’re not sure we can give you the contract length we talked about before and the signing bonus is gonna be cut in half” sort of bullshit.

But yeah, it generally boiled down to players not trusting the NFLPA and the companies they partnered with to keep usage truly confidential, even if it was totally innocent/mundane poo poo and not being picked up from their secret boyfriend, stopping to buy yeyo on the street, and then being dropped off at their secret girlfriends place. Plus, they started the program before stuff like Uber and Lyft were available nationally, and a lot of players probably just use that instead.

Which is funny in its own way because Uber has been busted a bunch of times for tracking celebrities and showing their real time location on company dashboards during parties and poo poo. If you’re after privacy and discretion that’s not the company you want to be dealing with

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

kiimo posted:

very unsubstantiated report that the guys pulled "guns and bags" out of the car before leaving. Did they really? Or is that just...Texas Assumption from a witness.

Guns? In permittless carry Texas? Well I never.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Right lol half that highway is armed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Drag racing on public streets and driving like an rear end in a top hat in a way that gets people killed regularly should at minimum disqualify someone from ever having a license again.