Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gaz-L posted:

Also it was said in the GDT but the finish to Edge/Cardona was really good, the best his spear has looked, maybe ever.

Cope's offense in general looks a lot better than it ever did in WWE.

Also, as someone who generally thinks Cardona is a fun personality but boring as hell in the ring, he and Edge had a really good match last night. It reminded me of Christian's AEW non-gimmick matches, in that it was mostly simple stuff done with excellent timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love how much of a sicko Skye Blue is. They should lean into that as a character trait on screen.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Miching Mallecho posted:

I just like knowing that the jokes about Skye being disappointed about not doing a flaming table spot were probably actually true

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1774417319604731936?s=46

:yeshaha:

Skye Blue setting fire to a table like it's a church.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Miching Mallecho posted:

I just like knowing that the jokes about Skye being disappointed about not doing a flaming table spot were probably actually true

Skye blue future deathmatch legend

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ganso Bomb posted:

I love how much of a sicko Skye Blue is. They should lean into that as a character trait on screen.

big agree

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Cope's offense in general looks a lot better than it ever did in WWE.

Also, as someone who generally thinks Cardona is a fun personality but boring as hell in the ring, he and Edge had a really good match last night. It reminded me of Christian's AEW non-gimmick matches, in that it was mostly simple stuff done with excellent timing.

Cardoner proved to me that dudes who have been in WWE for a long time and weren't huge names on the indys before hand need to take like a year or two on the actual indies and not go to NJPW/AEW to get a gimmick and sharpen their wrestling skills.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I don't know how, I don't know where, but all I know is PUSH HARLEY CAMERON, COWARD TONY!!!

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

She’s playing a stinking Ovation guitar.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I feel like it's always been there. Even when her gimmick was bubbly girl next door there was always this undercurrent that she was scrappy and never afraid to mix it up with stronger opponents.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

My Lovely Horse posted:

she was scrappy

i think she was actually scooby

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Miching Mallecho posted:

This is genuinely so sweet. It's fun to see wrestlers figuring out what works for them in real time, and that deathmatch was a blast. I hope it helped her tap into more of the cool crazed energy that she's showing with this Julia partnership. They're both improving so much.

Now let her do a flaming table spot!!!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

tired: Cactus Jack Perry
wired: Skye Love

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

SkyeBlushi Onita

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Scorpio Skye Blue

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I don't know how, I don't know where, but all I know is PUSH HARLEY CAMERON, COWARD TONY!!!

Other Possible Vaginal Slang is my new radical feminist post-punk band

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Scorpio Skye Blue

Got me to check, looks like his last match was almost six months ago at ROH. Maybe he's done some other appearances without wrestling, but it really looks like his last angle was helping Ethan Page during that 3 week run Sky had in ROH.

We've repeated it ad nauseum but Scorpio got super lost in the shuffle. Like, I'm sorry dude but now that the belt's been around as long as it has, I don't think Sky is even in the top half of TNT champions. C*dy, Darby, Cage and probably Copeland clear him.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Matt Cardona's Facebook page posted:

@ratedrcope vs. Cardona…my dream match…finally happened last night at #AEWCollision.

When I was in high school, Edge was one of my favorite wrestlers. I’d have matches with him (an invisible version) in my bedroom or trampoline.

Him reinventing himself into the Rated R Superstar made me an even bigger fan of his.

A couple of years later, @myers_wrestling and I made it to WWE but were drowning as The Major Brothers. We were about be fired. We had an idea to be Adam’s entourage…his Edgeheads. He didn’t need us but we certainly needed him. He took a chance on us, saved our careers, and changed our lives.

We went from sitting in catering about to be fired to wrestling guys like Undertaker, Batista, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, etc. We learned so much from working so close to Adam. Our first time at WrestleMania was being involved in the main event! I thought the next year at WrestleMania it’d be Edge vs. Hawkins vs. Ryder. That didn’t happen. LOL.

16 years (holy poo poo!) flew by so fast. Adam had to retire due to a neck injury in 2011. My dream match would never happen. Adam returns to WWE in 2020. I get fired from WWE in 2020. My dream match would never happen.

I’ve been busting my rear end these past 4 years to reinvent myself. Adam is the Rated R Superstar and I’m the Self Made Superstar. I’ve been everywhere. I’ve wrestled everyone. When Adam joined @aew in 2023, I knew my dream match was back on the table.

Last night in Canada, Adam had the Cope Open…an open challenge for his TNT Championship. I accepted. The fans didn’t forget the history. There was a HOLY poo poo chant on my god drat entrance. I may have lost but I learned even more from Adam from that match. It was a night that I’ll never forget. I finally wrestled my dream match.

Thank you Adam. Thank you @tonyrkhan for the opportunity.

:3:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The Stroker Ace posted:

She’s playing a stinking Ovation guitar.

i hate her now

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Here's some out-of-character Harley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOWE5B1-e7M

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

Got me to check, looks like his last match was almost six months ago at ROH. Maybe he's done some other appearances without wrestling, but it really looks like his last angle was helping Ethan Page during that 3 week run Sky had in ROH.

We've repeated it ad nauseum but Scorpio got super lost in the shuffle. Like, I'm sorry dude but now that the belt's been around as long as it has, I don't think Sky is even in the top half of TNT champions. C*dy, Darby, Cage and probably Copeland clear him.

I know he's Always Bad now, but Miro's in the top 3 TNT champs, probably with Christian and Darby.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Catching up on Collision and lol Cardonyer has such bad Palumboism going on

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Gaz-L posted:

I know he's Always Bad now, but Miro's in the top 3 TNT champs, probably with Christian and Darby.

Completely forgot Miro held it a good while before the whole Sammy/C*dy/Scorpio mess. Yeah, Miro was absolutely among the top. Unstoppable upper mid-card boss fit him like a glove and kept the momentum of the belt going. In my gut he's #3: Darby, C*dy, Miro, Cage it'd go

then Brodie Lee, who kicked absolute rear end but his run was too short for obvious reasons, RIP.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

i hate her now

“Take that plastic poo poo and throw it in the river!” - Joe Strummer.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Any word on Ricky? :ohdear:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Captain Foo posted:

Any word on Ricky? :ohdear:

Waffleopolis posted:

Was about to post that.

I'm glad that he is okay, but I would probably be pissed at that ref for continuing the match as it was. It made everybody looked bad and put Ricky at risk even if he was just knocked a little loopy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I get what Top Flight were doing, but I feel like just doing like a standing moonsault or something instead of the DDT would've been a safer way to set up telling the ref 'RIcky's hurt, just count' if you felt you HAD to hit another move. Obviously the safest would've been just to cover him again.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Miro's run was great, an unstoppable monster with a weak point that became ever more obvious until each match became a gamble on whether this challenger would be the one to hit it hard enough. Fuego hitting his DDT right after the bell was one of those early AEW moments.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

SkyeBlushi Onita

Megumi Bluedo

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jun Ka-skye.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

RandolphCarter posted:

He loves Luigi’s Mansion though.

luigis mansion 3 owns

Miching Mallecho posted:

fuckin hell yeah

Lamuella posted:

Ian Riccabonni being a wholesome wife guy is exactly the energy Collision needed.

ricc did collision to be there for tony last night ;_;

https://x.com/KimiMtz17/status/1774281107648733323

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Miching Mallecho posted:

They really should do a women's Blood and Guts this year.

Also, no need to do one for each gender, it's not that great match type anyway.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

graph posted:

ricc did collision to be there for tony last night ;_;

https://x.com/KimiMtz17/status/1774281107648733323

Riccobani is the GOAT, I prefer him to every other announcer in AEW

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What a class act.

Also, Blue Nakano. Skye gave Jade one of her best matches. I can see her getting a belt in the next year or two.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rest in peace to this beautiful, incredible boy

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Riccobani is the GOAT, I prefer him to every other announcer in AEW

Love that guy, it's unfortunate that working Collison doesn't work for him, because I always enjoy his commentary.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's lovely, and it's wonderful when somebody gets to see a dream come true that they thought the time had passed on ever actually happening.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Cavauro posted:

rest in peace to this beautiful, incredible boy

Good boy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

aew scores streaming deal with telavisa's streaming platform ViX. probably speaks pretty well to the cmll partnership with that being cmll's tv partner.

short version of the press release: all archives of Dark and Dark Elevation, Dynamite, Rampage, Collision, and old PPVs are available on demand on the app. all ppvs will be added to On Demand 30 days after airing.

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/all-elite-wrestling-and-vix-sign-deal-to-stream-aew-in-latin-america-and-the-caribbean

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Wait, all papes will be available without purchase after 30 days?