Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Reiley posted:

My ship is the Lady of Pride.

SES Fist of Pride here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Jack B Nimble posted:

The Carbot Animation studio uses "Superintendent of Family Values", which is also good.

I use Emperor of Democracy to hit the nail on the head because 40k taught me Fascism Satire needs to be utterly blunt.

Edit: Taking a second look, I think I'll go with "Comptroller of Individual Merit" for a while.

I changed mine to princess of democracy because same vibes

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
SES Hammer of Family Values checking in

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I want use melee weapons. Give me some halo gravity hammers to I can send bugs flying 50 miles

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Just what democracy needs, fuckin Jedis

Harbinger of Wrath because I'm metal like that

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

CelticPredator posted:

just ask them to leave.

It works every time. “Hey so my buddy is going to join so I’m gonna back out and play with them.”

Or if you have 3 friends in and some rando joins “appreciate the help helldiver but my buddy is about to join, and we need the extra spot if that’s cool”

Or whatever. People will get it. They’ll do the hug emote and leave and it’s nice.

You don’t gotta kick no one unless they won’t leave or something lol

How did this get interpreted as me shaking over having to kick someone lmao. I boot people all the time the issue is the length of these missions makes it a dumb sunk cost imo. So I was just saying have a different kick option for someone who wasn’t being a dick so they can leave with partial samples / xp.

Also the kick message on the host side says they were courtmartialed so just it could say honorable discharge.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

DkHelmet posted:

SES Fist of Pride here.

:cheersbird:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Lladre posted:

Does anyone else use the sickle on charger legs?

It's weird because it looks like it's doing nothing. Then the charger dies.

You're fighting bugs during the bot objectives? :catstare:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah it'd be nice to have a kinder kick option to give person credit for samples currently held or whatever, but ti would probably end up quickly abused to farm stuff really quickly and so that's probably why it's not a thing in the first place, plus not wanting to encourage people being kicked for anything but being assholes in general I'd assume.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Queen of Midnight because I am a colossal dork.

:hfive:

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

ChaseSP posted:

Yeah it'd be nice to have a kinder kick option to give person credit for samples currently held or whatever, but ti would probably end up quickly abused to farm stuff really quickly and so that's probably why it's not a thing in the first place, plus not wanting to encourage people being kicked for anything but being assholes in general I'd assume.

I did say half

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Chillgamesh posted:

A contact nade could have just killed them all. Stun Grenades rock but their only real advantage is being able to stun stuff like Hulks, Chargers, and BTs. Giving up being able to nuke trash, spewers, and spawn holes/bot factories is a fair tradeoff.

Something I don't see mentioned often enough is that impact grenades can take out tanks and cannon turrets too. You don't even have to hit the radiator either, two quick nades to the sides or rear of the (tank) turret and it's done for. Shredder tanks are especially vulnerable and can be destroyed with impacts to the front of the turret as long as you don't hit its guns. I have a really hard time giving up impacts when going up against bots, even if stuns do make Hulks easier to deal with.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Really looking forward to when the grenade launcher pistol comes out, it'll really free up gear selecting for me when I can take that for closing bot fabricators/bug holes and use stun grenades or impacts (which i can never do reliably) without having to take a support weapon that can close them

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was torn between Elected Representative of Family Values and Fist of Family Values and ultimately went with Fist.

Lladre posted:

Does anyone else use the sickle on charger legs?

It's weird because it looks like it's doing nothing. Then the charger dies.
The bug where charger legs lose their armor during certain animations is still around AFAIK

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 31, 2024

Tommy the Newt
Mar 25, 2017

The king of the sand castle
Mine is Elected Representative of Self-Determination, it barely fits on the hull which I find enjoyable.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

BitBasher posted:

My bad, do you know if you go to 100 yards or 25 yards does it get higher or lower?
Here it is being shot at 100m, 50m, 25m.

At 100m I'm zeroed to 100m because otherwise I honestly am not even sure where the shots are going.
At 50m and 25m I'm zeroed to 50m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5fP4BR_qTU

The results are essentially the same each time-it's hitting higher than the center of the crosshair, at a point where using the upper edge of that center square to aim is imperfect but roughly accurate vertically.
Which is pretty clear looking at the best frames I could get of the point of aim vs the hitspark:

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
SES Herald of Audacity checking in

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I wanted to call mine the SES Guardian of Prosperity as a little nod to our brave sailors losing the fight against the Houthies, but I had to settle for the SES Guardian of Liberty.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

deep dish peat moss posted:

My ship will always be King of Democracy because I don't think anything else sums up this game's take on democracy quite so well :911:

On that particular note, my ship is the Emperor of Morality.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Did my first GoonDive operation tonight. Extremely patriotic. Would recommend

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

FeculentWizardTits posted:

All hail the Comptroller of Family Values

Same buddy, same.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Octagon of Determination checking in.

Loving the Quasar so far. Took a little bit to get used to where to aim at chargers, but against both bots and bugs, it's pretty dang good.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

SES Banner of the Stars dispensing mines and mines and then more mines to battlefields everywhere.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Mine is the SES Pride of Pride because I am very queer.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

In light of today’s personal order, are there any tips n tricks for finding the optional objectives that don’t show up on the deployment map? I’d prefer it if this didn’t take 6 whole missions to complete.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

runchild posted:

In light of today’s personal order, are there any tips n tricks for finding the optional objectives that don’t show up on the deployment map? I’d prefer it if this didn’t take 6 whole missions to complete.

go on top of a hill and look for them i guess

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

runchild posted:

Most of the bot secondaries, like detector towers, jammers, mortars, and AA guns, are really easy to spot from a distance. Illegal broadcasts are pretty easy to spot too.

For radar stations, which will highlight all the other secondaries, try and look for tall antennas with white blinking lights on them.

SEAF artillery batteries can sometimes be seen on the map, as a small dark ring with a line across the middle.

In general, just keep moving and look for high places to survey the area.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Hwurmp posted:

Most of the bot secondaries, like detector towers, jammers, mortars, and AA guns, are really easy to spot from a distance. Illegal broadcasts are pretty easy to spot too.
Also, if you look at one of these and ping it with Q(or whatever), it'll make it show up on the map no matter how far you are from it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Black Noise posted:

How did this get interpreted as me shaking over having to kick someone lmao. I boot people all the time the issue is the length of these missions makes it a dumb sunk cost imo. So I was just saying have a different kick option for someone who wasn’t being a dick so they can leave with partial samples / xp.

Also the kick message on the host side says they were courtmartialed so just it could say honorable discharge.

kicking people imo is bad

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

SES Herald of Audacity checking in

SES Triumph of Audacity here, it felt like the perfect combination of fascist and jingoistic.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
SES Elected Representative of the Constitution

I like to believe the democracy officer is a lobbyist and every bullet is a vote

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
IMO the number one reason to bring a shield backpack to bots isn't the survivability, it's that without one 66% of the time I'm lining up an important shot with an EAT/Quasar/autocannon a bolt makes me flinch and the shot goes off into the sky.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Did you know the muscle booster helps with flinch? Cuz I just found out.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Few pages back talking about bring kicked from games etc.

Would be nice if when you were kicked, it acted like when the game drops you from a group but keeps you in the map and it's like the other players all left, dropping their items.

I've had a few games where it's happened, one time was in an 8's as we were getting ready to head to extract. Worked out great for me, I just ran and got the samples and for some reason the extract was really quiet, only had to kill 1 wave of bug patrol.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

LazyMaybe posted:

Here it is being shot at 100m, 50m, 25m.

At 100m I'm zeroed to 100m because otherwise I honestly am not even sure where the shots are going.
At 50m and 25m I'm zeroed to 50m.

The results are essentially the same each time-it's hitting higher than the center of the crosshair, at a point where using the upper edge of that center square to aim is imperfect but roughly accurate vertically.
Which is pretty clear looking at the best frames I could get of the point of aim vs the hitspark:

Thanks, that's really strange.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Oh man, I am struggling to find my groove against bugs. Yesterday I was two-manning level 5 bot missions with a buddy, and we had lots of mission completions but failed extractions. Once the primary was done it feels more useful to try and corpse run to get all the samples rather than go for an extract, because if we fail we just lose a bit of XP/RP, which is in abundance, yet those samples need to be gotten out. That was fun times, failing gloriously while also succeeding on the big picture stuff. But yeah, two of us clearing level 5s mostly comfortably. Mostly. And I've regularly done 6s against bots, in larger teams. Noped out of my first couple of 7s because dropping in to find a swarm of tanks/hulks on the drop zone was not fun or survivable, but I'm happy to do 5s and 6s all day on bots.

Against bugs? I'm struggling on 4s as a team, and 5s are killing me even with a large crew. Everything is so much closer and more personal, and I just can't seem to dish out enough damage to clear my personal space properly. It's just a non-stop wave of claws and teeth and oh god I miss the happy singing robots.

Are there ways to shut down bug breeches quickly? Against bots there's all these ways to take down dropships and blunt the attacks, but bugs seem to be just an unstoppable pile of gently caress you. I thought I hated berserkers, which are the one enemy in bots that overwhelm me, but now I've just met stalkers and I DO NOT LIKE THESE BUGS. Having to deal with them, a couple of chargers, and some flying bullshit bugs that keep swooping in on me...

how kill bug?

I've tried taking my trusty autocannon along, which helped a bit because of familiarity. Then I lose my gun go brr stalwart. Bought and tried taking the laser rover to help deal with the smaller ones, but then that means no backpack for my AC and I lack punch against the bigger gribblies. Yes I usually take EATs because those are always good and fun. Thinking I'll unlock the railgun next and try pairing that with a rover. I would like to keep the AC if possible, but I'll need to find a primary that beats the SMG for bug stomping to give me more bite when I'm not slugging the big ones.

Renamed my ship Whisper of Morning for my redeployment to the bug front.

e: I also liked that visiting a Super Citizen's ship meant I got to play the Strategem Hero game on their bridge. I wouldn't pay $20 for it, but was nice to actually see what it does.

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.
SES Comptroller of Family Values

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I can't tell if players having almost no impact on the war effort is poor feature design or a scathing parody of the MIC. I mean it's this game so maybe it's both.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Parkingtigers posted:

Oh man, I am struggling to find my groove against bugs. Yesterday I was two-manning level 5 bot missions with a buddy, and we had lots of mission completions but failed extractions. Once the primary was done it feels more useful to try and corpse run to get all the samples rather than go for an extract, because if we fail we just lose a bit of XP/RP, which is in abundance, yet those samples need to be gotten out. That was fun times, failing gloriously while also succeeding on the big picture stuff. But yeah, two of us clearing level 5s mostly comfortably. Mostly. And I've regularly done 6s against bots, in larger teams. Noped out of my first couple of 7s because dropping in to find a swarm of tanks/hulks on the drop zone was not fun or survivable, but I'm happy to do 5s and 6s all day on bots.

Against bugs? I'm struggling on 4s as a team, and 5s are killing me even with a large crew. Everything is so much closer and more personal, and I just can't seem to dish out enough damage to clear my personal space properly. It's just a non-stop wave of claws and teeth and oh god I miss the happy singing robots.

Are there ways to shut down bug breeches quickly? Against bots there's all these ways to take down dropships and blunt the attacks, but bugs seem to be just an unstoppable pile of gently caress you. I thought I hated berserkers, which are the one enemy in bots that overwhelm me, but now I've just met stalkers and I DO NOT LIKE THESE BUGS. Having to deal with them, a couple of chargers, and some flying bullshit bugs that keep swooping in on me...

how kill bug?

I've tried taking my trusty autocannon along, which helped a bit because of familiarity. Then I lose my gun go brr stalwart. Bought and tried taking the laser rover to help deal with the smaller ones, but then that means no backpack for my AC and I lack punch against the bigger gribblies. Yes I usually take EATs because those are always good and fun. Thinking I'll unlock the railgun next and try pairing that with a rover. I would like to keep the AC if possible, but I'll need to find a primary that beats the SMG for bug stomping to give me more bite when I'm not slugging the big ones.

Renamed my ship Whisper of Morning for my redeployment to the bug front.

e: I also liked that visiting a Super Citizen's ship meant I got to play the Strategem Hero game on their bridge. I wouldn't pay $20 for it, but was nice to actually see what it does.

The primary you want is the Sickle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

how kill bug?

Grenade Launcher > Autocannon vs. bugs. Orbital Airburst Strike and/or a good sentry can at least partly counter bug breaches.