Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!

redshirt posted:

Cannabis beverages are pretty sweet, a whole different kind of high, it's real nice.

But pricey. I got a 100MG 12 ounce can for $30.

When you consider how fast you could drink 12 ounces, that could get real pricey.
And real hosed up, considering 100MG.

I've been mixing them with regular seltzer, like 1/4 at a time. Works nice.

hmmrm.. 1 gulp = ? hits

can u run an experiment?? for sicne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Y'ever go online and start trying to research something about weed, and wind up on some grasscity forums thread from 2007?

Anyways per some advice on grass city from almost 20 years ago, I decided to try warm water in my bong. I think I like it better.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Do you guyes like Chronic or Chronic 2001 better?

I can't really listen to Chronic 2001 as an album. I think I just associate it too much with an ex. We liked mostly different kind of music but we both liked that album so I feel like we listened to it a lot together in the car as something we both agreed on

Same with Jar of Flies, interestingly enough. Where the tastes intersected it was on a few all time classics.

Anyways I listened to 1992's "The Chronic" front to back this week. Surprised how much of the lyrics I remember, when I seemingly cannot learn lyrics to songs I listened to for the first time over age 35. Maybe it's old age or maybe I just don't listen to stuff that intently anymore. I listened to Candlemass's Ancient Dreams like... has to be 100 times over the last two years, and it's not something I was into as a teen. I can definitely sing along to parts of it. That would be the first album I've listened to that many times since I was a kid.

Is that how you listened to/ listen to music now? Listen to something a few times, or even once, and then move on? Or, do you listen to a certain album obsessively front to back. I feel like I did the albums over and over again thing when I was a teen and I do the other way now. I love that like, emersion you get into something if you listen to it a million times. But I dunno also I hear my dad listening to music he liked literally 50 years ago and part of me goes "dude, still?"

I guess abe simpson it will happen to you dot jay peg.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

chronic 2001 has The Watcher which is probably the best dr dre song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erJQha5ur_U

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Got blazed at the roof top gay bar and I'm watching this drunk guy weave around down on the street. He's super wasted.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
he shouldn't be driving then

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

deep dish peat moss posted:

chronic 2001 has The Watcher which is probably the best dr dre song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erJQha5ur_U

:hmmyes:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
does it have skits?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

he shouldn't be driving then

Thought I put in there he was just walking. That's why it was funny and not horrific.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hellblazer187 posted:

Do you guyes like Chronic or Chronic 2001 better?

I never got into much Dr. Dre after NWA so I’m not sure. But now I’m thinking about weeded out hiphop and would like to make a suggestion

If you haven’t listened to Sensational, please check him out. He was a member of the Jungle Brothers and has a loose weirdo style that really conveys the serious level of zootedness he’s at.

A lot of people probably know him from this Handsome Boy Modeling School track- for Sensational it’s pretty focused :)

https://youtu.be/xunZgvXRq3M?si=hzqXqGMujlx2GTmm

Some early sooper high stuff

https://youtu.be/WOTnX9mhZJQ?si=3_hYc-VBSv7KPbmV

And I’m just hearing this one for the first time tonight, a new collaboration with DJ Scotch Bonnet that’s heavy, distorted, and trippppy

https://youtu.be/sQeKfwErOiw?si=WL0hmb45HzJrljp5

This man is high

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

i really need to take a break but my stress is so high right now

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

love the little weed status effect of fading in and out of reality. im watching my phone one second, poking my head into the abyss for a sec and coming back, so silly..

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Faustian Bargain posted:

ymmv but quitting weed severely lowered my stress levels and it came back when I started smoking again so now I quit again

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

deep dish peat moss posted:

ymmv but quitting weed severely lowered my stress levels and it came back when I started smoking again so now I quit again

I find that weed stresses my brain like alcohol does my liver. It's not bad to do it sometimes, but all the time makes my organ mad. Paranoia, stress, and anxiety seem to dip after a t break for me. But the dreams... Goddamn those are wild

040124_2
Apr 1, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 1, 2024

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

no dreams is one of the good weed side effects, don’t @ me

MooRooster
Mar 5, 2024

Faustian Bargain posted:

For some reason weed makes me more stressed. I don't smoke when I'm panicking I smoke when I'm bored

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
you panic? wtf? cut that poo poo out yo

MooRooster
Mar 5, 2024

I only panic sometimes cause my brain is a dick and it usually goes away with alcohol, but not with weed idk why

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
meditate daily ok friend it helped me stop freakin out

MooRooster
Mar 5, 2024

I actually did use to meditate idk why I stopped. I'll try to get back into it thanks mate

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I made some cannabutter with a strain called "Kushed Mint" over the weekend and it has thoroughly kicked my rear end and left me on the floor in a drooling mess. I just wish there wasn't a 3 hour delay between consumption and onset :(

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

can confirm meditation helps. get the audiobook "mindfulness" by Mark Williams if you do not know how to meditate.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Does anyone else get time dilation while smoking weed? When I was in Thailand I was smoking some chronic that made me feel like time slowed down a lot, like I'd be looking at my watch wondering why it hasn't been a minute yet.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh yeah that happens to me all the time. Stretches of time seem way longer.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

ah sounds like you had some Slo-mo. it only just hit the grid but it's making big waves. makes the brain think time is moving at 1% it's normal speed

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Does anyone else get time dilation while smoking weed? When I was in Thailand I was smoking some chronic that made me feel like time slowed down a lot, like I'd be looking at my watch wondering why it hasn't been a minute yet.

Psychedelics are well known to do that. Time works differently in the hyper-dimension.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'

Whybird posted:

Bars should have like a jukebox but for films, so you can get wasted and watch Die Hard with random strangers

That’s the type of poo poo Goontube is for

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854286

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Entorwellian posted:

Psychedelics are well known to do that. Time works differently in the hyper-dimension.

I once had extreeeeeeme time dilation while on a bunch of acid in the middle of a Zeds Dead festival set. They’d have mixed a few tracks over what felt like eternities, I’d look at my watch and see that like, six minutes had passed. I had to have a friend take me out of there because the acid had hosed up my relationship with time so much it was making everything else uncomfortable.

The other time I tried to see Zeds Dead on acid, also outdoors, it was like 90°+ until a freak downpour cut them off after like, 15 minutes at best.

Anyone want to eat some acid at Zeds Dead with me? Nothing can go wrong, third time’s the charm right.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Best time dilation I ever had was when I got high for the first time in years, while I was snow skiing.

We were standing in line for the ski lift and the guy in front of us had a bluetooth speaker clipped to his waist, blasting out music.

After listening for a little while, I asked my buddy if this was a 25 minute remix of "Where It's At" by Beck.

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

happened when i took edibles for the first time, your body gets slowed down too

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I mean the police on their way to arrest you for sex tourism probably had more of an effect than the poo poo tourist weed you were smoking

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Konar posted:

I mean the police on their way to arrest you for sex tourism probably had more of an effect than the poo poo tourist weed you were smoking

You better drat well have some proof of what you're saying.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I find my life lacks danger since I quit drinking. To restore that danger, I would like to commission a very special glass bong. It will be called the danger bong. Every time you smoke from it, there’s a 1 in 1000 chance of it exploding into tiny pieces. I am willing to pay upwards of $1+.

Also I am accusing you all of very serious crimes.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

You better drat well have some proof of what you're saying.

I guess I forgot the history of this place when making what I hoped would be obviously a joke

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
If meditation doesn't always/ever work for you and you're the type of person who gets antsy when sitting still I would strongly advise Tai Chi or Qi Gong (This one rules)

I found a moderate-risk outdoor activity that I actually enjoy that's pretty much changed my whole life with respect to my anxiety woes - my neglect of physical activity and adrenaline chasing as I got older was definitely one component of anxiety.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I started taking estrogen and it got rid of my weed anxiety like magic.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I started taking testosterone because it makes me feel like a sex-god. I seem to get marginally higher too but I’m pretty sure that can be accounted for by the placebo effect.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
drat y'all juicin', is that legal in weed sports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Everyone is juicing in weed sports, you have to do it to remain competitive in the high stakes worlds of professional hacky sack and frolf.