Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

JamesBont posted:

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Does every loving conservative forget that COVID happened during Trump’s presidency?

The only thing they remember is gas prices hit $1.25, not sure why, must have been Trump's oil-drilling genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Tory Easter egg clearance sale – Take your pick: the privatised water company gold bunny or the leaking crony creme egg?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

After Leonardo Da Vinci.

Mail on Sunday:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Speaking of mass hysteria, it's time once more for

In which we learn that Jew Voltron is also the Devil. (Because all Jews are the Devil.)

"Sometimes Black people are antisemitic. This should never be pointed out because"

I also like that the (intended to be pathetic) attempt to appeal to shared values here is "kill whitey".

Nobody says that whiteness isn't real, although it isn't a racial category in the same way that some other things are, because it's a weird amalgam of a bunch of racial identities that only have been glued together by society out of a shared sense of superiority, and which can admit and expel member races as necessary to maintain that sense of superiority. Uh-oh, I guess Tats things I'm a genocider now.

Man it's almost like there's a difference between saying "white people will eventually become a minority in the U.S. from a statistical perspective due to immigration, intermarrying, etc." and "there is an intentional conspiracy to eliminate white people". Also, I think some people might have some things to say about the U.S. being referred to as "[white peoples'] own countries".

I do enjoy watching the Right eat their own, thank you, Tats.

The only options are loving Israel or taking every opportunity to say something antisemitic, a Zionist cartoon.

The Claudine Gay thing was some bullshit, yes, but that does not make it a Jewish conspiracy.

Pettyfest

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Happy Trans Day of Visibility, Tatsuya Ishida.

also isn't Matt Walsh a proudly fascist Catholic in addition to all of his being a nightmare person. Like I know it doesn't have to make sense for Tats, he doesn't have to do things like "research" or "know things" but that's basically freer than free because Walsh has said "I'm a fascist Catholic".

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
I guess Ben isn’t an orc or a kryptonian anymore?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's still wearing a yarmulke so he could turn into one at any minute, or perhaps drop rocket dildos on a school, anything is possible in Tats world (except not being antisemitic or transphobic)

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Ruben Bolling

Brian McFadden

Clay Jones

Jen Sorensen

Mattie Lubchansky

Pedro Molina

Jeff Danziger

Tom Tomorrow

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

"They're justifying genocide by pretending their victims aren't real! How horrible! Now then, time to tell transpeople they will never be real women."

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Observer:

"Tory Easter egg clearance sale – Take your pick: the privatised water company gold bunny or the leaking crony creme egg?"

Riddell getting jealous of the Garrison cum edits, I see

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

This is literally "Bad things that happen in the world is because of Jews."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Hey Lester, do you know how the rest of that skit went?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2xlQaimsGg

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kellies Nomination: Worst cartoon about a tragedy

What the gently caress? Way to use a terrible disaster to score cheap political points.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Herbert:

Lethbridge:

Home affairs minister Clare O'Neil and immigration minister Andrew Giles. Government fails to rush extraordinary immigration powers through parliament (ABC).

Downes;

Tasmanian election counting is still going but the seats decided mean it's almost certainly going to be a very unstable minority government (from an election triggered by a somewhat less unstable minority government).

Spooner:

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Ah hell yea tatsuya with the great replacement theory

Wonder when he gonna find the time to jump from jewish boogeymen to making DEI cartoons or maybe just going straight to shouting NNNNNNIIIIIIIIIII

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

What’s lined up against the wall here?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense (Because everyone knows the pagan traditions involving the bunny/fertility predate Christ, but they're drat determined to erase that)

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Amjad Rasmi

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

John Darkow

Marty Two Bulls

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

I guess the Palestinians are... zombies?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

What’s lined up against the wall here?
You mean the stories? The first one is the extraordinary immigration powers linked under Lethbridge's cartoon.
The second is: Labor and Coalition cut short debate on offshore gas bill labelled ‘window dressing’ (Guardian).
The third is the current exception for religious schools from discrimination against LGBT+ students and teachers. The government is drafting laws to close that but we haven't seen them because they want something both them and the Coalition agree on first, otherwise this isn't going anywhere.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Staluigi posted:

Wonder when he gonna find the time to jump from jewish boogeymen to making DEI cartoons or maybe just going straight to shouting NNNNNNIIIIIIIIIII

Oh, what sad times are these when passing cartoonists can shout NI at will to old ladies.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Marty Two Bulls

Missed opportunity for "Now with THREE Corinthians!" IMO.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Staluigi posted:

The moment he stops using black people as a guise for his antisemitism.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Skios posted:

This is literally "Bad things that happen in the world is because of Jews."
Surprised he didn't go with that theme for his Sunday strip too this week.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Did he mean to put the "A" in "A western civilization"? Pretty sure Israel's leaders aren't too afraid to defend themselves.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

"Sometimes Black people are antisemitic. This should never be pointed out because"
Motherfucker, Ye literally said "I like Hitler".
How dare you judge a member of a minority group by the content of his character and not the color of his skin! When he shares my views, suddenly the race card is okay to play!

Does-
n't

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Just some of the worst loving cartoons I have ever seen in my entire life, a true cavalcade of pure poo poo even by this thread's standards. What the gently caress.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

gently caress. You.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Yeah, even by McCoy standards, those cartoons are just rancid.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Vib Rib posted:

Does-
n't

Does NT even exist?
I mean, I have never installed it on anything

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Dearly wish there was an Ostara celebration and irritated practitioners photoshopped in behind the covered-up cross.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Trapezium Dave posted:

You mean the stories? The first one is the extraordinary immigration powers linked under Lethbridge's cartoon.
The second is: Labor and Coalition cut short debate on offshore gas bill labelled ‘window dressing’ (Guardian).
The third is the current exception for religious schools from discrimination against LGBT+ students and teachers. The government is drafting laws to close that but we haven't seen them because they want something both them and the Coalition agree on first, otherwise this isn't going anywhere.

Thanks, but I actually meant what are the words written on? Print Newspapers, famous for being placed against walls?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Thanks, but I actually meant what are the words written on? Print Newspapers, famous for being placed against walls?
Is that not a thing that is done everywhere? They print the main headlines of the newspaper in big letters and stick them in wire frames outside the newsagent. The unrealistic element is the rest of the wall should be plastered with gambling ads.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Trapezium Dave posted:

Is that not a thing that is done everywhere? They print the main headlines of the newspaper in big letters and stick them in wire frames outside the newsagent. The unrealistic element is the rest of the wall should be plastered with gambling ads.

It is not, unfortunately.

Other than person reading at breakfast table, the most likely newspaper presentation from a US cartoon would be presented through the glass of this sort of vending machine contraption:

I believe there was a well mocked cartoon where Ramirez put such a machine at the Lincoln Memorial?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Baltimore Bridge Disaster - Choose Your Explanation

Ted Rall posted:

The collision between a container ship and a bridge in the port of Baltimore provides an IQ test. Do you accept the obvious simple explanation, that the incident resulted from an accident and outdated bridge design? Or do you try to dredge up a bizarre conspiracy theory involving terrorism despite a total lack of evidence and the failure to pass the smell test?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense (Because everyone knows the pagan traditions involving the bunny/fertility predate Christ, but they're drat determined to erase that)

Fun fact: The earliest recorded evidence of the easter bunny tradition is "De ovis paschalibus" written in 1682 in Germany.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Baltimore Bridge Disaster - Choose Your Explanation

I am not a structural engineer, but I'm pretty sure the age of the bridge wasn't a factor. That thing could've had a ribbon cutting ceremony the day before, and it'd still go down when a ship that size hits it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

I am not a structural engineer, but I'm pretty sure the age of the bridge wasn't a factor. That thing could've had a ribbon cutting ceremony the day before, and it'd still go down when a ship that size hits it.

Eh, the age of the bridge plays a very small part, but only in the sense of "50 years of engineering developments happened since the bridge was built." The bridge itself was probably fine from modern bridge engineering standards.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

In preparation for the Kellies, I did a compilation of some news stories that were blown wildly out of proportion by cartoonists, basically kept alive in their scribbles long after the news cycle had moved on. One of those is all the gas stove cartoons we got last year. I firmly believe that Varvel got blackout drunk at some Easter brunch, woke up the next day hungover, and ended up pulling out something he hadn't submitted last year.

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Is there a Kellies category for 'The cartoonist's least disguised fetish'?

Steve Kelly

Tom Stiglich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Clerical Terrors posted:

Did he mean to put the "A" in "A western civilization"? Pretty sure Israel's leaders aren't too afraid to defend themselves.

I'd sacrifice my left pinky finger to see a meeting/debate between Tatsuya and Kirschen. They are 99.99% the same fascist, with their choice of the chosen and the villain races being the only difference.