Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Grundulum posted:

It bothers me more than it should that the dehydrator requires just over one day to complete its thing, so I can’t check at the same time each day. But checking every other day dramatically slashes how frequently I get dried fruit out of it. Darn it, ConcernedApe, make the duration 1590 minutes, not 1750!

You can move the dehydrator. You can slap it down right next to your bed, along with five others, so you'll see them twice every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

explosivo posted:

Been real fun playing co-op with my friend because we both realized that I always prioritized farming upgrades and leveling to make more money and left fishing/combat till I had everything else done and he always did the bare minimum in the farm to support his fishing and cave diving. So we both naturally started doing what the other guy wasn't doing, pretty funny.

Same thing with my wife. I like the farming. She likes the daily drudgery of animals. Perfectly compliment each other on tasks and skills.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Switch release never, switch players are all freaks from the Gotoro Empire.

e: i have this game on switch and pc.

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 1, 2024

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Console wars, in the stardew thread??? Flush your ram and upgrade your bios boy

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Switch release never, switch players are all freaks from the Gotoro Empire.

????????

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
You can't fight in here! This is the farm thread!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mr. Qi bout to shank somebody

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Woah, I can't believe I'd never tried making clothing with a prismatic shard or an ancient fruit before. I am now the fanciest lad in all the valley.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Woah, I can't believe I'd never tried making clothing with a prismatic shard or an ancient fruit before. I am now the fanciest lad in all the valley.

post pics :mad:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Using a shard for clothing is like the 10th best thing to use it for

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

HopperUK posted:

post pics :mad:

(quick and dirty screenshots, it constantly cycles colors)

Pixeltendo posted:

Using a shard for clothing is like the 10th best thing to use it for

Appropriately enough, I gave it a try because I was like "man, I have a dozen of these things".

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Go get the matching cowboy hat from the desert trader for 300 omni geodes.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Cartoon Man posted:

Go get the matching cowboy hat from the desert trader for 300 omni geodes.

Oh hell yeah, I was hoping there would be an appropriate hat to go with it.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

:aaaaa: I had no idea you could make an outfit that matches the color-changing hat you can get from the Desert Trader.

Well, I know what I'm doing once 1.6 drops for the Switch.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

(quick and dirty screenshots, it constantly cycles colors)

Appropriately enough, I gave it a try because I was like "man, I have a dozen of these things".

Ty, adorable.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Love how Lewis is still sending me mail inviting me to join the Flower Dance "if [I'm] able to find a partner" like he didn't personally officiate my wedding.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Sydin posted:

Love how Lewis is still sending me mail inviting me to join the Flower Dance "if [I'm] able to find a partner" like he didn't personally officiate my wedding.

Lewis is all about keeping relationships on the down low

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I love that you can smoke legendary fish.

Edit: Also that catching a treasure chest with a legendary fish gives you a chance to obtain roe of that fish.

Its so cool CA put something so rare into the game since legendary fish refuse to go into fish ponds.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 1, 2024

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

I love that you can smoke legendary fish.

Edit: Also that catching a treasure chest with a legendary fish gives you a chance to obtain roe of that fish.

Its so cool CA put something so rare into the game since legendary fish refuse to go into fish ponds.

I stash all my legendary fish in the big aquarium.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The winter outfits are a nice addition. Now we just need Halloween costumes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
TIL the purple mushrooms can be used in the dehydrator. All those extra profits, lost :negative:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Sadly Red mushrooms can't be. So many going spare.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I had a durrrr moment earlier. I was a crazy person and went for Perfection with SVE and the Stardew Aquarium mods, which of course adds a bunch of NPCs, recipes, fish etc.So basically hardmode Perfection.

When husband and I were playing our co-op farm, I noticed that I didn't have the Steam cheevo for Perfection. Loaded my old save, didn't have it in-game either!

I was going crazy checking if I had installed SMAPI correctly, since it's supposed to allow Steam cheevos if you run it through Steam. (It does, and mine was installed correctly.)

So then I happened to look at what the text of the Perfection achievement actually says. "Reach the Summit."

I had never actually gone to The Summit. :doh:

So long story short I now have that achievement, after doing all the actual work for it like a year ago!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

I had a durrrr moment earlier. I was a crazy person and went for Perfection with SVE and the Stardew Aquarium mods, which of course adds a bunch of NPCs, recipes, fish etc.So basically hardmode Perfection.

When husband and I were playing our co-op farm, I noticed that I didn't have the Steam cheevo for Perfection. Loaded my old save, didn't have it in-game either!

I was going crazy checking if I had installed SMAPI correctly, since it's supposed to allow Steam cheevos if you run it through Steam. (It does, and mine was installed correctly.)

So then I happened to look at what the text of the Perfection achievement actually says. "Reach the Summit."

I had never actually gone to The Summit. :doh:

So long story short I now have that achievement, after doing all the actual work for it like a year ago!

I'm proud of you, kickbox chicken

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jeeze, panning can give some good poo poo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lucky rings are fantastic to forge with an iridium band.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Is Calico the best panning spot because of how limited the pannable area is.

I actually looked up how Mushroom Logs work and now I have to revise and optimize my Mushroom Log layout.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

HopperUK posted:

I'm proud of you, kickbox chicken

Thank you, Nurse Chansey.

Going back into our co-op farm. We just got enough stuff to unlock the island! :dance:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

TurnipFritter posted:

Is Calico the best panning spot because of how limited the pannable area is.

I actually looked up how Mushroom Logs work and now I have to revise and optimize my Mushroom Log layout.

Mine are surrounded by all my tapped trees(also a moss tree)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Farm organization is my passion (Summer Year 2)

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I somehow have 5 Iridium Bars already. I'm not sure what to spend them on.

I've got a gold pickaxe, axe, and pan, and steel for the other tools. Should I just turn the bars into sprinklers? I'm on the beach farm, so a handful of iridium sprinklers will be all I need.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You can get an iridium sprinkler every week from a certain vendor for mere money.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Solumin posted:

I somehow have 5 Iridium Bars already. I'm not sure what to spend them on.

I've got a gold pickaxe, axe, and pan, and steel for the other tools. Should I just turn the bars into sprinklers? I'm on the beach farm, so a handful of iridium sprinklers will be all I need.

If you are at the point where you can mine for Iridium, an Iridium pickaxe lets you mine faster (though maybe bombs are still better.)

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Goddrat all this new talk and excitement makes me want to reinstall on Steam, but I'm really trying to hold out til it hits the Switch, because it's just so drat cozy to play SDV on.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Well it was certainly fun to learn that spelunking on the island that going down doesn't teleport you back to the entrance at 11 PM

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
oh that happened to me, too, but I always keep a handful of farm totems in my pocket because I habitually lose track of time and I refuse to let Harvey rifle through my pockets

bad habits save the day yet again

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Wee Bairns posted:

Goddrat all this new talk and excitement makes me want to reinstall on Steam, but I'm really trying to hold out til it hits the Switch, because it's just so drat cozy to play SDV on.

I’m playing on a steam deck and it’s a perfect deck game.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Tylana posted:

If you are at the point where you can mine for Iridium, an Iridium pickaxe lets you mine faster (though maybe bombs are still better.)

I've got the desert unlocked but haven't quite reached that point. I just got really, really lucky with geodes and monster drops.

Zesty posted:

You can get an iridium sprinkler every week from a certain vendor for mere money.

I completely forgot about that! I haven't been to that vendor yet, tho I have the ability to.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

RandolphCarter posted:

I’m playing on a steam deck and it’s a perfect deck game.

hard agree and with syncthing my mods stay in sync between my deck, my pc, and my mac laptop which rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Mad Wack posted:

hard agree and with syncthing my mods stay in sync between my deck, my pc, and my mac laptop which rules

I've seen a couple people (or maybe it was you both times?) mention syncing mods between desktop and Deck and I wish to know more! I haven't updated mods yet on my Deck because... I don't really know how.

Any help would be appreciated. Even just a link to "how to install Stardew mods on your Deck and sync them to your PC for absolute morons" would do.