Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

An Actual Princess posted:

preferring to be a moron who can't ignore little things and just be happy ....... says a lot about the games forum as a whole, no?

Lol. It's trash bro and they are fixing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Guides are great if you want an army of nerds to share the secret bugged overflow value that makes HotA hit for more HP than Uber Lilith has. Guides are lame if you need somebody to tell you that you can make a functional build by taking all the abilities with synergistic keywords after reading the tooltips under the color-coded buttons.

The S4 update had a patch note about improving control stick aiming for the length of abilities like leap and teleport. D3 and D4 have fantastic controller support for the most part.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

flashman posted:

Lol. It's trash bro and they are fixing it

talking about your posts or? :D

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Ehhhh, I'm not really feeling this. It was on Game Pass so no great loss, but the campaign story just seem cut and pasted from previous games and I just don't enjoy the gameplay very much. It probably gets more interested as you level up and unlock new stuff , but I just don't feel like grinding it out.

Think I'm going to just tap out, hope the rest of you are enjoying it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The only drawback to this is that you have to remap the use button to something different than your builder, which means one less power you can map.

There's also a setting that changes powers to toggle instead of hold, and it's great most of the time but there are a few powers where it gets weird or you have to double tap and it kind of ruins it.

nein! if you leave use on x it'll still work fine, it does mean you need to put a skill there you don't mind firing accidentally occasionally but I can't recall a build where that was an issue

toggle doesn't work as well as hold ime, hold on l2/r2 let's you mindlessly use both and it auto prioritizes spender over builder, it rules

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Guides are fine for HOTA barb because the basic build is just impossible to miss (unless you somehow manage to completely miss the hard-to-miss guaranteed overpower aspect) and once you lv100 the build just helps you squeeze out those extra last zeroes in your damage numbers.

I say play buildless until you see people around you do hosed up poo poo then consult a guide for how to do that yourself.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What I wish they'd add is the builder being always on when you initiate combat. Like you hit the x button to switch it on, activate another power, and then as soon as it ends the builder comes on until everything's dead.

I think I'm just sour because I'm old and holding down buttons hurts my hosed hands. Doesn't seem to bother anyone else, but I appreciate they're trying at least.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

victrix posted:

toggle doesn't work as well as hold ime, hold on l2/r2 let's you mindlessly use both and it auto prioritizes spender over builder, it rules

Holding down the triggers for hours isn't great for your hands either.

That's why god invented the Turbo button.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What I wish they'd add is the builder being always on when you initiate combat. Like you hit the x button to switch it on, activate another power, and then as soon as it ends the builder comes on until everything's dead.

I think I'm just sour because I'm old and holding down buttons hurts my hosed hands. Doesn't seem to bother anyone else, but I appreciate they're trying at least.

Speaking of. Get a controller with turbo button options. You can set it to just constantly go off without having to hit anything. Then just turn if off in town / outside of combat. Still a little clunky, but better.

Also, maybe look into Accessibility controllers? I've been thinking it about myself since my hands are also usually a wreck after 30 minutes.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
if you are on steam u can set buttons to be toggles etc in the steam controller stuff

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I like using a guide to get ideas on paragon board stuff, because I don't have the time or inclination to work all of that poo poo out on my own. Would 100% fall into "ooh, shiny" traps and end up with like three glyphs or something.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
I’m hoping the PTR will not just catch bugs but also all those things that keep leading to painful fireside chats where they confess they didn’t realise needing 5000 geegaws would be insanely tedious busywork and need remediation.

Ok I just re-read that and laughed but we shall see.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

bio347 posted:

I like using a guide to get ideas on paragon board stuff, because I don't have the time or inclination to work all of that poo poo out on my own. Would 100% fall into "ooh, shiny" traps and end up with like three glyphs or something.

Using a guide is fine. It's like following a recipe in a cookbook.

And D4 makes it easy to respec if you want to mess around and try other stuff. Well, easy to refund everything, not picking every single Paragon point again.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Is PTR season 4 or is there poo poo held back

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I liked playing bone spear necro because you could just pick everything that buffed Bone and you’d be fine. Even the paragon board wasn’t bad because you could just Bone (and crit and vuln) then worry about mana via gear.

Other builds that rely on bugged interactions that only nolife YouTubers could discover I’ve definitely needed guidance for. Ball sorc was funny because they discovered that two of the big passives were very bugged but blizz never decided to fix it during ballsorc season.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Do Lilith statues carry over to the next season? I tried googling it but google sucks now and it was unclear.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yes, and thank god.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yes, and thank god.

Cool. Gonna run around and grab the ones I miss after I hit max level.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

flashman posted:

Is PTR season 4 or is there poo poo held back

No seasonal stuff on the PTR

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Peachfart posted:

Cool. Gonna run around and grab the ones I miss after I hit max level.

You get skill and paragon points from some of them so it's worth grabbing them sooner rather than later. I just looked up whatever region I was in while doing Whispers or Helltides.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If I remember rightly, map exploration and altars of lilith carry over, strongholds and sidequests don't. Either way the stat and skill points are a nice boost for new characters.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Kaysette posted:

Other builds that rely on bugged interactions that only nolife YouTubers could discover I’ve definitely needed guidance for. Ball sorc was funny because they discovered that two of the big passives were very bugged but blizz never decided to fix it during ballsorc season.
Which was absolutely the right call, patching away fun and broken stuff (ie the entire point of ARPGs) immediately was cancer, letting it run the season out let everybody have some dumb fun and after that removing it was perfectly fine. Its much more fun to experiment knowing if you find broken poo poo it will at least last the season out instead of being immediately gutted.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Bisse posted:

Which was absolutely the right call, patching away fun and broken stuff (ie the entire point of ARPGs) immediately was cancer, letting it run the season out let everybody have some dumb fun and after that removing it was perfectly fine. Its much more fun to experiment knowing if you find broken poo poo it will at least last the season out instead of being immediately gutted.

Leaving one of the class key passives a broken trap option sucks. These aren’t the things that made the build fun (attack speed scaling damage)

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I can't think of anything that is more ARPG/Blizzard than having skills, skill tree forks or entire classes that are useless/broken and stay that way for multiple years.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Did Whoopie Goldberg ever get to play this?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
No, Blizzard has basically given up on Mac.

(Which is a bit of a shame, since the actual graphics hardware in average MacBooks that normies would be using, has never been better.)

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

~Coxy posted:

(Which is a bit of a shame, since the actual graphics hardware in average MacBooks that normies would be using, has never been better.)

I mean she has the money to buy a nice gaming PC or even a console.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

No true Mac gamer would ever do that.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

~Coxy posted:

No true Mac gamer would ever do that.

I just looked it up and she has 3 grandchildren and a great grandchild. Someone could set her up.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
mac deserves to be abandoned by gaming companies for making it's a convoluted mess just for like .3% of sales.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Tonetta posted:

mac deserves to be abandoned by gaming companies for making it's a convoluted mess just for like .3% of sales.

Doesn't help that they have 3 completely different CPU architectures in the past 2 decades.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Tonetta posted:

yeh thank god windows isnt a mess lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

~Coxy posted:

Works good using crossover. Lots of games do.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Nothing better in the entire world than going to download a mac app, needing to remember if I had an x86/x64, Intel, or Mac CPU, and oh have M2 and the app doesnt support it yet great

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Tonetta posted:

Mac is like 13% of the computer market, and probably a bit higher of the home computer market since the office computer market is overwhelmingly Wintel.

But I don't disagree with you that they deeserve to be abandoned by game companies; Apple regularly fucks game companies over with their mercurial attitudes, bad OpenGL support then a move to Metal which was overwhelmingly positive but has now been taken over by Vulkan. :woz:

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
sure it's 13% of the pc market, but that 13% is almost entirely business related. people buy macs to do corporate jobs due to the extra layer of protection provided, or for their video editing, and if not those, to connect to their other apple products. mac sales for just about every game is sub 1% of the sales.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

~Coxy posted:

Mac is like 13% of the computer market, and probably a bit higher of the home computer market since the office computer market is overwhelmingly Wintel.

But I don't disagree with you that they deeserve to be abandoned by game companies; Apple regularly fucks game companies over with their mercurial attitudes, bad OpenGL support then a move to Metal which was overwhelmingly positive but has now been taken over by Vulkan. :woz:

My last Macbook was a 2019 Intel so almost half my Steam library was natively supported but every game turned the computer into a furnace and ran much, much worse than it did on PC. I guess that was the bad OpenGL support?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Macs are for weirdos who like. To waste money

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

flashman posted:

Macs are for weirdos who like. To waste money
Macs are for bigcorp employees like me who like to #getshitdone when working and dont care about wasting corporate dollars on overpriced tech. Then for gaming I get a PC instead because wow mac, wow

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Is the Mac OS software platform as big of a pain in the rear end to deal with as the apple app store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Bisse posted:

Macs are for bigcorp employees like me who like to #getshitdone when working and dont care about wasting corporate dollars on overpriced tech. Then for gaming I get a PC instead because wow mac, wow

correct