Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

STING 64 posted:

aew scores streaming deal with telavisa's streaming platform ViX. probably speaks pretty well to the cmll partnership with that being cmll's tv partner.

short version of the press release: all archives of Dark and Dark Elevation, Dynamite, Rampage, Collision, and old PPVs are available on demand on the app. all ppvs will be added to On Demand 30 days after airing.

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/all-elite-wrestling-and-vix-sign-deal-to-stream-aew-in-latin-america-and-the-caribbean

that article is from a year ago

https://solowrestling.mundodeportivo.com/new/128874-aew-vix-tv-pierde-derechos-por-triller-tv
According to this, ViX will no longer carry AEW in territories outside of Mexico (makes sense, Televisa's home territory is Mexico) and all other territories it used to cover will now have the option again to use fite.tv, the article mentions 5 dollars a month but idk if that's accurate or what they saw the price as when they pulled out of Fite last year, but hey, if someone wants to try and save you could give a shot with an account set in Chile.

Article also mentions there was negative response to the ViX service because they never got the archives nor the delayed papes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kennel posted:

They really should do a women's Blood and Guts this year.

skye, julia, diamante, mercedes martinez, athena, vs willow, stat, britt, shida, abadon

imo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

skye, julia, diamante, mercedes martinez, athena, vs willow, stat, britt, shida, abadon

imo

Abadon absolutely needs to be the final member of one of the teams and be a surprise entrant

Give her entrance music that rips off the old legion of doom entrance maybe to get a zombie pop

(Or bring back her first theme)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://x.com/ringofhonor/status/1774537693474500917

oh no

he's going to eat johnny tv's face

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Another big L for the KeMalito haters.

https://twitter.com/kemalitocmll/status/1774625765285380519

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Me and who!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1774628108642976051

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Willlow on the wrong side of history smh

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Why would people hate him!?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Majinfoose posted:

Why would people hate him!?

CMLL screwed over KeMonito and made this new character is the last I had heard

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1774656043735265361?t=kjxSuxPLrq21TafcE9904g&s=19
Reminder that the Mexican equivalent to April's fools is in November

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
loving :lol: at psycho mike

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1774495341766647808

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1774656043735265361?t=kjxSuxPLrq21TafcE9904g&s=19
Reminder that the Mexican equivalent to April's fools is in November

yeah the Dia de Inocentes joke poster match already happened irl lol

https://twitter.com/NutshellTheFan/status/1740431652499939339

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MorningMoon posted:

So like a La Parka thing? New dude in the gimmick?

Love that Psycho Mike. Love this dumb feud. Dalton will finish the story, this is my Wrestlemania.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Next time murder grandpa comes to AEW, will fight AEW Women's World Champion:

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1774339984545157529?t=lcSKftVToj3kTmBIIgvVKg&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Haha he looks very confused about what he just won.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alaois posted:

yeah the Dia de Inocentes joke poster match already happened irl lol

https://twitter.com/NutshellTheFan/status/1740431652499939339

Actually if CMLL are going to be involved at Forbidden Door I'd be down for BryD vs Hechicero again.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Minoru Suzuki is a princess, Bryan Danielson is fighting Blue Panther, and Dalton Castle is probably going to murder Johnny TV.

We are absolutely in a golden age of wrestling right now, this rules so much.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

While Grand Princess was the name of the show and the title of Cutest in the World was not officially on the line as far as I'm aware, I will accept Minoru Suzuki as the holder of both titles because he might come for me if I don't.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

DMorbid posted:

While Grand Princess was the name of the show and the title of Cutest in the World was not officially on the line as far as I'm aware, I will accept Minoru Suzuki as the holder of both titles because he might come for me if I don't.

Now you’ve done it, he’s coming for you!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm just saying, CUTEST IN THE WORLD maps to the same cadence as KAZE NI NARE

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
~Become the cute~

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

A Fancy Hat posted:

Minoru Suzuki is a princess, Bryan Danielson is fighting Blue Panther, and Dalton Castle is probably going to murder Johnny TV.

We are absolutely in a golden age of wrestling right now, this rules so much.

It's been said before, but imagine telling someone in 2019 that all of these wrestlers would be relevant to AEW in five years.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

My Lovely Horse posted:

lmao

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lurks With Wolves posted:

It's been said before, but imagine telling someone in 2019 that all of these wrestlers would be relevant to AEW in five years.

My wife still gives me a hard time because we went to the 4th episode of Dynamite and I didn't buy a shirt because "this probably won't be around real long, I've seen this before". Boy was I loving dumb.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

~Become the cute~

Give me Suzuki and Maki Itoh vs OC and Kris Stat

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Adam Copeland posted this on Instagram:

quote:

The last two weeks have been pretty drat special in my career.
Last week in Toronto vs @christian4peeps and this week in London, ON @themattcardona

Matt and share a long history. For years I was frequently told that wrestling fans won't remember. To which I've always vehemently disagreed. Last night proved you don't forget. And you actually enjoy seeing long stories told. Years ago Matt and @myers_wrestling emailed me with an idea. To be my Edgeheads. Nefarious Edge doppelgängers. I was really impressed that they took that chance, and it was also a helluva an idea. We ran with it. And every night from that point forward they were either ringside watching me face Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Batista, Kane, Rey Mysterio etc etc. or they were wrestling these guys. Absolute legends in our business. They watched, they learned.

Last night that all came full circle when Matt stepped up for The Cope Open. The Rated R Superstar vs The Self Made Superstar. It was surreal. found after that it was also 16 years to the day, that we were all involved in the main event of WrestleMania. Serendipity. also realized about 10 seconds in, that the lessons took. The dude is awesome. An absolute pro. He's surpassed what he ever learned from me. It was a privilege and one more memory created in @aew

Proud of ya kid.

:kimchi:

There's a lot that's sticking out to me, but hearing him specifically say that he was told fans wouldn't care about Edge vs. Christian or Edge vs. Hawkins/Ryder is wild. I'm really glad they got to do the match. You can really tell how much it meant to them even as it was going on.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

Imagine him wrestling at a show in the US and crowd actually singing ~Cutest in the World~, I expect he would run into the audience and Gotch every single person in the building.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Adam Copeland posted this on Instagram:

:kimchi:

There's a lot that's sticking out to me, but hearing him specifically say that he was told fans wouldn't care about Edge vs. Christian or Edge vs. Hawkins/Ryder is wild. I'm really glad they got to do the match. You can really tell how much it meant to them even as it was going on.

if nothing else getting to see these beloved veterans finish their careers on their own terms and loving it is worth every penny of AEW

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Once again a long term fed wrestler learns in real time that WWE was gaslighting them for decades.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Unless they built it up with video packages about the Edgeheads for a few weeks, I don’t necessarily think WWE fans would have gone bonkers for Copeland/Cardona unless it was at a Mania or something where the nerdiest of fans show up.

AEW fans just seem to be more general fans of wrestling and its history so when a fun little match like this pops up out of nowhere, it’s easy to be excited and happy for it even if you’re not the biggest Cardona fan or anything. It was just a real sweet moment and turned out to be a good match.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheParkerB_/status/1774812093822234843?t=7hjA1HL5DFLKs9bK3NuoZQ&s=19

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

:stonklol:

Once you trust, you never go bust. Go get 'em Parker

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Unless they built it up with video packages about the Edgeheads for a few weeks, I don’t necessarily think WWE fans would have gone bonkers for Copeland/Cardona unless it was at a Mania or something where the nerdiest of fans show up.

AEW fans just seem to be more general fans of wrestling and its history so when a fun little match like this pops up out of nowhere, it’s easy to be excited and happy for it even if you’re not the biggest Cardona fan or anything. It was just a real sweet moment and turned out to be a good match.

It's amazing how well a more WWE style works with a freaking hot crowd.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

My Lovely Horse posted:

:allears:

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
~ Kaze ni kawaii ~

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Guillermus posted:

Next time murder grandpa comes to AEW, will fight AEW Women's World Champion:

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1774339984545157529?t=lcSKftVToj3kTmBIIgvVKg&s=19

This is a truly hilarious image

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

There are so many people who don't realize that Grand Princess '24 is the name of the event and are getting so mad about it, which makes it even funnier.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
No more Trench, Parker to the bench

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thankful that Parker silenced all the disgusting rumors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Kull the Conqueror posted:

No more Trench, Parker to the bench

my heart is wrenched by the departure of Trench :(