Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Cornwind Evil posted:

And for further irony, it's possible that he's actually damaging that very system.

As the French Revolution shows, and probably other historical incidents, 'the wealthy get everything and suffer nothing' only really works if, for a broad umbrella, you don't call attention to it. If it's just a constant background pain, then people can ignore it, be overwhelmed by it, tolerate it, feel that it's impossible to change, etc etc. But if you keep rubbing people's faces in it, eventually you're going to get the Machiavellian line crossing into hatred, and at that point, people will be willing to suffer to oppose you. And I mean REAL hatred, not the jackoff hatred the Chuds crave.

Trump is such a screeching poo poo flinging rear end in a top hat that I like to think he's shoving constant small needles of rot into the setup it took smarter and nastier people generations to build. And perhaps savor the irony that this was inevitable. Because as shown, if you lessen the hardships needed to succeed at something, then eventually the incompetent thundering down the path beaten by others will outnumber the ones who want to walk it carefully.

Or maybe a better analogy: Trump is that apocryphal story of some guy who showed off how dense and unbreakable the glass window was by constantly running and jumping full bore into it. And the window never broke. But doing it over and over and over eventually damaged and warped the frame, and eventually when he smashed himself into the glass for the last time, it just popped out and the guy's momentum sent him out to his death. Except in this case, the guy falling out the window somehow sets off a chain reaction that makes the whole building fall down. Or something.

Anyone whose ever posted bail has to be seething at the treatment Pmurt gets. Judges dont give a gently caress if you have to sell your car or house to post bond. There's going to be some brain-breaking moment when he says the quiet part out loud, something like "this is how poor people get treated and its UNFAIR TO ME A RICH WHITE GUY" and it will be like a dam breaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vampire Panties posted:

Anyone whose ever posted bail has to be seething at the treatment Pmurt gets. Judges dont give a gently caress if you have to sell your car or house to post bond. There's going to be some brain-breaking moment when he says the quiet part out loud, something like "this is how poor people get treated and its UNFAIR TO ME A RICH WHITE GUY" and it will be like a dam breaking

yeah I had to get my dad to post $500 on a $5k bond one time cuz I fistfought some cops and I don't particularly like how his bonds are being treated at all, Fred Trump sure isn't telling him that he's a dead man if a loan shark calls him up demanding $5k

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cornwind Evil posted:

And for further irony, it's possible that he's actually damaging that very system.

As the French Revolution shows, and probably other historical incidents, 'the wealthy get everything and suffer nothing' only really works if, for a broad umbrella, you don't call attention to it. If it's just a constant background pain, then people can ignore it, be overwhelmed by it, tolerate it, feel that it's impossible to change, etc etc. But if you keep rubbing people's faces in it, eventually you're going to get the Machiavellian line crossing into hatred, and at that point, people will be willing to suffer to oppose you. And I mean REAL hatred, not the jackoff hatred the Chuds crave.

Trump is such a screeching poo poo flinging rear end in a top hat that I like to think he's shoving constant small needles of rot into the setup it took smarter and nastier people generations to build. And perhaps savor the irony that this was inevitable. Because as shown, if you lessen the hardships needed to succeed at something, then eventually the incompetent thundering down the path beaten by others will outnumber the ones who want to walk it carefully.

Or maybe a better analogy: Trump is that apocryphal story of some guy who showed off how dense and unbreakable the glass window was by constantly running and jumping full bore into it. And the window never broke. But doing it over and over and over eventually damaged and warped the frame, and eventually when he smashed himself into the glass for the last time, it just popped out and the guy's momentum sent him out to his death. Except in this case, the guy falling out the window somehow sets off a chain reaction that makes the whole building fall down. Or something.

If 50-100 years from now we have a set of what are called "Donald Trump Laws" or "Donald Trump Rules" that have been put in place specifically because he is such a vivid, instantly recognizable and understandable warning from history as to the dangers of looking the other way, ...

— I'm not going to say it was all worth it but I will be glad we got off that easy and not by having to go through a Terror

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cornwind Evil posted:

I agree completely. And usually when something like that happens, society becomes destabilized to the point where some nasty poo poo happens and not just to the rich. And while I think some oligarchs would love to see that happen (because they don't think they'll get the poo poo end of it), I think that's why a lot of donors are going to the Democratic Party and why some GOP types are cutting out now: life is better when you can keep the long con going as long as you can, not being dragged out and shot Ceausescu style after a very short trial.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I agree completely. And usually when something like that happens, society becomes destabilized to the point where some nasty poo poo happens and not just to the rich. And while I think some oligarchs would love to see that happen (because they don't think they'll get the poo poo end of it), I think that's why a lot of donors are going to the Democratic Party and why some GOP types are cutting out now: life is better when you can keep the long con going as long as you can, not being dragged out and shot Ceausescu style after a very short trial.

There's one simple rule for them: don't gently caress with the money.

Trump is doing just that by bleeding the coffers dry and putting a spotlight on the poo poo all these fucks do to get even more rich.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Trump dead yet?

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

dmitri posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Garry_Hoy

The alpha male stupidity of jumping into windows is very Trumplike, but he would never waste his precious finite energy levels by exerting himself like that.

That must have been a really quixotic outcome for those articling students. Like that's guaranteed hireback, watching a partner die, but the firm then went under. It was probably like when Heenan Blakie collapsed, all the other firms got together to make sure the really junior associates got a gig elsewhere on Bay.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Grey Cat posted:

Trump dead yet?

"TRUMP" will never die, he'll only turn into a Presleyoid cryptid

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

olylifter posted:

That must have been a really quixotic outcome for those articling students. Like that's guaranteed hireback but the firm then went under. It was probably like when Heenan Blakie collapsed, all the other firms got together to make sure the really junior associates got a gig elsewhere on Bay.

I don't even get how he died. If the window didn't break, just surf it down to street level and jump at the last second?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Grey Cat posted:

Trump dead yet?

Yeah, couple of posts about it on the last page.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

He sharted so violently that it launched him upwards and he broke his neck on the ceiling. Quite a dramatic end to the rally, but the crowd cheered anyway.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Imagine Trump jacking his little toadstool dick jizzing right at you, but instead of jizz, it’s shooting out tiny little mushrooms, and every time a mushroom comes out of his pee hole, it very obviously pains him and he’s squinting and grunting in pain but just keeps doing it because biological imperatives, right?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I dunno man. Maybe try to get Sonic involved somehow.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Grey Cat posted:

Trump dead yet?

I wonder what the conspiracy theories will look like when he does croak.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

OPAONI posted:

I wonder what the conspiracy theories will look like when he does croak.

Giev monae I tel you deep state Jew Democrats keel the Trump!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

bird with big dick posted:

Alright I’m imagining this, what next

The pile of jizz mushrooms begins moving, slowly at first, but gradually gaining momentum. They start flying towards your crevices, implanting themselves and taking root in your armpits, skin folds, and mucus membranes. As they bore deeper into you, each individual mushroom head transforms into a mini Trump head, and they all cry out in unison: “OBAMNA!”

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Bible posted:

There's a patron saint for the Internet.

https://www.wordonfire.org/articles/the-patron-saint-of-the-internet/

You can just create/remove deities and semi-deities as needed, really.

This doesn't make sense. Everyone knows the Internet is run by daemons.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The pile of jizz mushrooms begins moving, slowly at first, but gradually gaining momentum. They start flying towards your crevices, implanting themselves and taking root in your armpits, skin folds, and mucus membranes. As they bore deeper into you, each individual mushroom head transforms into a mini Trump head, and they all cry out in unison: “OBAMNA!”

Do you end up becoming a partial "TRUMP" mushroom and proclaim, "my MAGA is not my own"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Strong Sauce posted:

De-IK'd for this. or Modded. I can't decide which is the punishment/reward.

Promoting to admin

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/IQ4ANFG.mp4

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
So when the election goes off and Trump wins again because everything is insane over there what is everyone gonna do?

Or has the logical but impossible happened and they've said Turnip is no longer allowed to be Sitting Emperor?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

syntaxfunction posted:

So when the election goes off and Trump wins again because everything is insane over there what is everyone gonna do?

Or has the logical but impossible happened and they've said Turnip is no longer allowed to be Sitting Emperor?

Pick up a hammer and start walking, I guess.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

syntaxfunction posted:

what a cool, fun post for monday morning

thank you op

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

kazil posted:

what a cool, fun post for monday morning

thank you op

APRIL FOOLS

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

kazil posted:

APRIL FOOLS

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I think y'all mean APRIL FOOL'S

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I don't know enough about golf to know if "golf, but louder" is a longstanding brand or something, but it immediately comes across as fundamentally Trumpian.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kazil posted:

APRIL FOOLS

Trump is the biggest fool of them all.

In any month.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

syntaxfunction posted:

Create placards with clever puns comparing him to Voldermort and sing Halleijuah on SNL.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

syntaxfunction posted:

Is it doomer of me to say I preemptively moved my family to Europe? Now I can lol from a distance.

I guess you could say I was so embarrassed to have gone to school with Habba (the good uni, not the poo poo law school) that I fled in embarrassment.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Maybe we should lock the thread until 6am EST tomorrow. I don’t know if it can survive a full day of our greatest hopes and dreams and worst nightmares being waved in our faces.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

THANK YOU, WORKING JERKING HARD!

:barf:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I don't follow the news much but when you guys say trump, you're talking about the fabulously wealthy business genius, right?

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Nobody actually intends to vote for the guy. It's a meme like saying you'd vote for the giant meteor.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

you have said the actual truth

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Cornwind Evil posted:

BTW, this story isn't apocryphal, it actually happened: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Garry_Hoy

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol Congress is on recess for another week

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

kazil posted:

lol Congress is on recess for another week

Working hard thank you! Now watch this swing.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1774760860054913152

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/31/politics/trump-dangerous-rhetoric-analysis/index.html

quote:

“I’ve presided over thousands of hearings and trials during my nearly 20 years as a trial judge and never did any defendants in my courtroom show such disrespect for the court system as what’s shown by Donald Trump,” retired Superior Court of California Judge LaDoris Cordell told CNN’s Omar Jimenez on Sunday.