Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

How dare this NOT be coming soon, I would pull so hard on this :argh:

Also, I don't normally read the comments, but I couldn't help myself, and I absolutely agree with this one:

"So this is what my Acheron savings went, worth it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

They’re waiting to give us the Himeko lore and character building until the patch when she dies

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Can't wait till patch 16.2 when the trailblazer finally awakens to their true nature as akivili and wields the astral express sword (gunblade?)

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

10-star Pom-Pom reveal, we need this, we've been good

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Incredible. This was directed by Hiroshi Butsuda of Kamen Rider fame, PomPom is a legit toku hero now.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Is this like Godzilla vs. Kong where HOMU and Pom Pom team up to beat up Mecha Paimon?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I hope Sam gets the live action trailer he deserves too.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pure Fiction has once again turned into a giant puzzle. Best I can manage on the first half of stage 4 is 24k. Time to think of something completely different.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I mean, 24k is fine if you can get 36k on the other half.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clarste posted:

I mean, 24k is fine if you can get 36k on the other half.

Lol. Half that.

But this is all autobattle poo poo while I'm distracted with other things.

The enemies definitely seem to soak up more damage on this version.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
If I’m running FX/Kafka/Black Swan/Acheron, should I slap trends of the universal market S1 on her for even more DOTs, or stick with S5 Day One of My New Life?

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
The Burn status inflicted by Trends of the Universal Market counts for charging Acheron's ult, so it's the best-in-slot lightcone for Preservation characters on her teams. The only reason to run Day One of My New Life over it is if you're having issues surviving in combat, which shouldn't be the case for a built Fu Xuan (outside of the alternative Simulated Universe game modes, where she can get 1-shotted by gigantic AOE nukes).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Bad Video Games posted:

Lol. Half that.

But this is all autobattle poo poo while I'm distracted with other things.

The enemies definitely seem to soak up more damage on this version.

This is probably completely useless to you, but I got 40k on the first half with Herta/Himeko/Acheron/Ruan Mei which was very funny to me because Herta and Himeko were charging up Acheron's ult with their follow-ups (freezing enemies with Break for Herta, and Himeko's tiny burn). Overall it definitely seems like more of a pain than previous Pure Fictions though. The enemies use a lot more CC on you, for example.

For the 2nd half I used the classic Kafka and Black Swan team, but honestly they didn't do very well and didn't even get to 30k. I'm not very satisfied with this result.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Eimi posted:

It diagnosed me with Big Softie

This is the one I got as well!

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Obnoxipus posted:

This is the one I got as well!
Same. I apparently am too kind and giving. Though I guess that's not so bad...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

If you want to run Trends and have Gepard I highly recommend him over Fu Xuan. It's still rng if he gets hit or not, but he has a much higher agro value so it's more likely he gets hit than Fu who has no inborn taunt. Also because Acheron's team is all characters with 100 agro value instead of having a 75 dps.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I got Himeko.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Eimi posted:

If you want to run Trends and have Gepard I highly recommend him over Fu Xuan. It's still rng if he gets hit or not, but he has a much higher agro value so it's more likely he gets hit than Fu who has no inborn taunt. Also because Acheron's team is all characters with 100 agro value instead of having a 75 dps.

I do have Geppy, but won’t I be missing out on the FX extra 12% crit rate boost?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

No Acheron yet but I finally got a Gallagher. Geez.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

holy poo poo acheron

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

1st thought : Yasss Acheron!!!
2nd thought : oh no Chiori :ohdear:
3rd thought : wonder how Arlecchino will do for Genshin's numbers

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clarste posted:

This is probably completely useless to you, but I got 40k on the first half with Herta/Himeko/Acheron/Ruan Mei which was very funny to me because Herta and Himeko were charging up Acheron's ult with their follow-ups (freezing enemies with Break for Herta, and Himeko's tiny burn). Overall it definitely seems like more of a pain than previous Pure Fictions though. The enemies use a lot more CC on you, for example.

For the 2nd half I used the classic Kafka and Black Swan team, but honestly they didn't do very well and didn't even get to 30k. I'm not very satisfied with this result.

No Acheron or Ruan Mei. Best I've been able to do on side 1 is ult spam with Argenti and Herta. I'll manual it later to see if I can get better results.

Edit: I just got 28k with Argenti, Herta, and Bronya. Should probably try Sparkle instead, or maybe drop Herta completely.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 1, 2024

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Excelzior posted:

Arle is going to make Genshin's numbers stratospheric and it's almost certainly planned by Hoyo that way. They're alternating highly anticipated characters in patches between their games specifically so people who play both don't have to make hard decisions in a given window - or put more uncharitably, have a little mental space between throwing cash down on one character before the next anticipated one arrives.

All the leakers got caught out when Boothill got announced out of nowhere instead of extra spoiler space Sam for 2.2 but assuming that character arrives in 2.3, and the patches for both games continue to be mostly synchronized (I think they were 1 week apart and are now 2, both with 6 week durations still) the release windows for both games alternate like this:

Star Rail 2.1 (G4.5) - Acheron in SR
Genshin 4.6 (SR2.2) - Arlecchino in G
Star Rail 2.3 (G4.7) - Spoiler Character in SR

And Genshin still has Clorinde in a back pocket I would bet that she's going to arrive conveniently after SR2.3, although they may not think she'll move the needle as much (I mean, how many people actually spend money for cool offense-focus lightning-element women in these games...)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Excelzior posted:

Acheron has the benefit of top up reset and being far more of a whalebait character than Arle. Arle has a very good c1, but her higher cons are pretty standard in the sense that her c6 is just "You can now kill god". There's nothing in her cons like alleviating team comp requirements or letting her do something really new at higher cons. Also her beta is all over the place so I have no idea of her power with all the changes they are making to her.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Now that all the characters I care about are decently built with decent relics, I've finally had a chance to go back and work on maxing out their traces.

My conclusion: 8 -> 9 is a scam and 9 -> 10 is an OMEGA scam.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Excelzior posted:

1: I think the animated short did wonders for Acheron, and I'd bet the Black Swan rerun will be big as well
2: Conversely, I think the event Chiori premiered in did her no favors; for being a brand new character, she was barely there at all (Chevreuse, Ayaka, Furina, and Yoimiya ate most of the screen time) and when you combine that with her being Geo, I think she was doomed from the start. She's a very pretty character and her animations are great, but other than that, there wasn't much for people to care about
3. We've been waiting on her for months now, she's gonna do fine.

Although I can't wait to hear about people complaining that she wears pants

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

qbert posted:

Now that all the characters I care about are decently built with decent relics, I've finally had a chance to go back and work on maxing out their traces.

It really depends on the character. 10 is a big damage boost for DoT scaling and Jing Yuan's Lightning Lord. It's definitely a scam for most other things unless they're just your favorite or most used characters.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Like I have Topaz and Quinque at 100% on everything, but they're simply the best and deserve it. I'm probably going to do the same with Gallagher, though he can get away with traces at 6 as long as he has good relics.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

1: I think the animated short did wonders for Acheron, and I'd bet the Black Swan rerun will be big as well
2: Conversely, I think the event Chiori premiered in did her no favors; for being a brand new character, she was barely there at all (Chevreuse, Ayaka, Furina, and Yoimiya ate most of the screen time) and when you combine that with her being Geo, I think she was doomed from the start. She's a very pretty character and her animations are great, but other than that, there wasn't much for people to care about
3. We've been waiting on her for months now, she's gonna do fine.

Although I can't wait to hear about people complaining that she wears pants

I'm pressure people (me) are excited because she wears pants. A woman in an entire suit. It's positively delightful and rare. Also please Da Wei you showed me Kafka in a suit. GIVE ME THAT SKIN I NEED IT. Also there's a new LC that shows Acheron in a suit, please. Da Wei don't show me all these ladies in suits and not allow me to give you money for those outfits.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I would be down for skins in HSR, kind of surprised we never got any thus far even with the March 7th tease

rio
Mar 20, 2008

If they didn’t make Chiori be constellation bait for Navia people maybe she would have done better. I was getting tired of the game but that led me to uninstall (which is nothing special since I tend to uninstall after 6-9 months which has been my genshin cycle since launch). Or poo poo make her the geo healer everyone has been asking for forever.

I have Sampo, BS and Kafka traced to 10s on the traces affecting their DoTs which was very worth it. Other than that I had traced Argenti’s ult to 10 which feels like a waste in retrospect. However I did bring Acheron to 9/9/10 and am debating making her 10s all around (maybe even basic but that would really be for show only). Would be the first time I’ve done that.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Excelzior posted:

I would be down for skins in HSR, kind of surprised we never got any thus far even with the March 7th tease

I hope we see March's dress in her next form, whenever that arrives.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Eimi posted:

I'm pressure people (me) are excited because she wears pants. A woman in an entire suit. It's positively delightful and rare. Also please Da Wei you showed me Kafka in a suit. GIVE ME THAT SKIN I NEED IT. Also there's a new LC that shows Acheron in a suit, please. Da Wei don't show me all these ladies in suits and not allow me to give you money for those outfits.

:hmmyes:

Bad Video Games posted:

I hope we see March's dress in her next form, whenever that arrives.

I kinda feel like that's what they're going to do for every character; instead of getting just a new outfit, they get a new Path/moveset to go along with it. The downside is that you'll have to pull for it instead of just buying it straight up, but at least everyone can get a crack at them

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

rio posted:

If they didn’t make Chiori be constellation bait for Navia people maybe she would have done better. I was getting tired of the game but that led me to uninstall (which is nothing special since I tend to uninstall after 6-9 months which has been my genshin cycle since launch). Or poo poo make her the geo healer everyone has been asking for forever.

I have Sampo, BS and Kafka traced to 10s on the traces affecting their DoTs which was very worth it. Other than that I had traced Argenti’s ult to 10 which feels like a waste in retrospect. However I did bring Acheron to 9/9/10 and am debating making her 10s all around (maybe even basic but that would really be for show only). Would be the first time I’ve done that.

Chiori should've been a geo healer who used the archaic petra set who gave out buffs depending on the different colour crystals you collect. That would've been the ideal. It'd also fit her being a tailor way better. RIP.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Shinji2015 posted:

:hmmyes:

I kinda feel like that's what they're going to do for every character; instead of getting just a new outfit, they get a new Path/moveset to go along with it. The downside is that you'll have to pull for it instead of just buying it straight up, but at least everyone can get a crack at them

March's next form is going to be free, like the MC switching paths.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

qbert posted:

Trace farming is annoying but it doesn't feel as bad as getting nothing out of a Cavern run for ages. I ended up levelling almost every 5* up to 9 last month while waiting for Sparkle to go away (Kafka and Jingliu were already at 10) and it felt better than getting dud relics at least

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

March's next form is going to be free, like the MC switching paths.

That's what I thought. I was confused.

I hope we get it in 2.3 or 2.4. I don't want to have to wait for Fall. I just hope she's something less difficult to use than her original form. I like March, but I never use her.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

I was needlessly reckless and pulled for Acheron e2 and was thankfully lucky enough to win the 50/50 each time and got her light cone in 160 pulls total.

I dunno why, I did the same thing back in Genshin Impact for Raiden Shogun.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

QQ hasn't really been pulling her weight as her reputation in this thread says she is, even with Sparkle support.

Herta however is amazing. Since its just spin spin party all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is your qq e6? how good are her relics?

shes very good but she needs high investment for her treturns