Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

doos
Jan 1, 2015

It's a shame you can't opt back into the world intel stuff again. Or if there is a way, I've not seen it. I didn't assess one of the guys in the Grasslands protorelic quests, and I guess this will just haunt my save forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

I'm still at the start of Chapter 12, and I'm in a weird place mentally -- I still want to do all the minigames and new challenges they added, I really do. But a growing part of me wants this game to just loving end already. There's just too much video game here and I think they were better served by Remake's linearity forcing them to edit themselves.

I took a big break (like 2+ weeks) after hitting the beginning of chapter 12. I'm going to finally continue it soon. I think that helped with the fatigue.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

doos posted:

It's a shame you can't opt back into the world intel stuff again. Or if there is a way, I've not seen it. I didn't assess one of the guys in the Grasslands protorelic quests, and I guess this will just haunt my save forever.

I guarantee you that enemy is available in some coliseum bout somewhere, either in the Saucer or through Chadley.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Fedule posted:

I've often heard that people think the Zack one is harder than the Sephiroth one and I broadly agree but that's mostly because Sephiroth has magnify Barrier and Reraise. You'll often be getting infinite MP on both partners so avail of that liberally. Zack's fully combo'd High Braver is ludicrously powerful. Ironically I don't think Sephiroth has an equal to it but his triangle combos can increase stagger % and also make his fairly powerful ATB skills do a second hit which is nice. Also don't forget about Sephiroth's parries, they're fairly useful. Both characters get a tutorial VR when you unlock their missions, it's probably worth checking those out.

It’s a tricky balance. Especially for Odin, where I’m torn between just doing manawalls, or doing reraise, as spending too much time building ATB with seph can cause issues. With how I did the cloud/Zack Odin round it was basically a solo fight between cloud and Odin with Zack being there to occasionally heal or get grabbed. Also doesn’t help that the VR tutorial features extremely weak enemies so you can’t even get a real feel for how to them in legendary trials.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY9q_TyO3nc

So what I'm getting from this is that the -aga spells are even stronger in this game than in Remake

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Loving that cosmo canyon is like… yoga retreat Bali/tibet now

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Gongaga Region Intel 2 challenge is whooping my rear end so badly no matter what party config I try. Every round of creatures after the first is a fuckin nightmare in its own way

It’s the duneworm and landworm combo I really can’t handle, two of them is awful, I cannot dodge the swallow attack at all, the only way I’ve ever found to not be eaten is Brumal Form and even that’s hard to pull off. Why am I making myself keep doing this side poo poo lol. (The answer is stubborn OCD)

E: got it drat that was brutal.

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 1, 2024

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Wamsutta posted:

Gongaga Region Intel 2 challenge is whooping my rear end so badly no matter what party config I try. Every round of creatures after the first is a fuckin nightmare in its own way

It’s the duneworm and landworm combo I really can’t handle, two of them is awful, I cannot dodge the swallow attack at all, the only way I’ve ever found to not be eaten is Brumal Form and even that’s hard to pull off. Why am I making myself keep doing this side poo poo lol. (The answer is stubborn OCD)

E: got it drat that was brutal.

Have you met my good friend, Corel Region Intel 2?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Thundarr posted:

Have you met my good friend, Corel Region Intel 2?

I don’t have it unlocked yet I’m at like 35/38

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Yeah some of the fights are hosed up which is pretty cool IMO. That white wolf is a motherfucker too

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its crazy how I have no memory of encountering the white wolf in regular gameplay but every time it pops up in VR it is a complete killer.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Kin posted:

Just finished the main story last night.

Now looking to make the most cheesy broken build possible to blitz the postgame content.

Does anyone have a link to something or s list of what to equip and do to achieve this?

I'm 50/50 on doing the last of the mini games.

I got hit by that bug for the final quest that prevents me from completing it, despite meeting all the requirements. It seems like chapter select resets your progress on it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPnQYPHg-AU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

cheeseboy58 posted:

Yeah some of the fights are hosed up which is pretty cool IMO. That white wolf is a motherfucker too

Like a surprising number of other fights (bosses included), the answer is Stop. For even more hilarity, use it during a stagger, and it'll also freeze the stagger bar in place as long as it's active.

You can check the assess screen to see how many times you can stop a given enemy before it becomes ineffective. Immune = 0, Greater Resistance = 1, Lesser Resistance = 2, otherwise 3.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That wolf in particular is a motherfucker because it appears as a side job monster in the Grasslands, before you have any real way of cheesing the fight. It just murders your entire party unless you turtle hard as soon as you see it start howling.

By the time it appears later you have better tools, but it shows up without warning and the PTSD has already been stablished.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oh my god its that wolf from the Red sidequest. What the hell. It barely registered to me in chapter 2 but then in chapter 12 its suddenly a nightmare. I gotta respect it.

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017
Starting to sound like a hater (I'm not, enjoying the game mostly) but christ I am tired of Cosmo Canyon. The music is wank and Yuffie keeps singing that dumb song, and the gliding aghhhh

Anyway, I heard the Chocobo are better in Nibelheim so packing my bags and moving on

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

she stops singing if you finish the gliding sidequest

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Is Cloud going to get Omnislash in the last game?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Oh my god its that wolf from the Red sidequest. What the hell. It barely registered to me in chapter 2 but then in chapter 12 its suddenly a nightmare. I gotta respect it.

the version of it in the red sidequest was my first wipe

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think it was the first time I had a character die? But if I meet it in a VR match i'm guaranteed to wipe twice before getting a win, so like real improvement in threat imo.

Gologle posted:

Is Cloud going to get Omnislash in the last game?

No

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017

Augus posted:

she stops singing if you finish the gliding sidequest

Hahah, of course! How devilishly cruel of you, Squeenix. Fine, I'll do it

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Trip Hazard posted:

Starting to sound like a hater (I'm not, enjoying the game mostly) but christ I am tired of Cosmo Canyon. The music is wank and Yuffie keeps singing that dumb song, and the gliding aghhhh

Anyway, I heard the Chocobo are better in Nibelheim so packing my bags and moving on

People love that cosmo song but i think its hot trash. Yeah nibelheim is my favorite zone easily

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i also thought the cosmo canyon track wasn't great, especially coming off gongaga's

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

in this house we believe

IM on a chocobo, YOU’RE ON A CHOCOBO

you should put this merc to work especially if you’ve got GIL. TO. SPARE.

bow WoW wOw, bow WOW wow

edit and of course BUILD THE BILLION FOOT PILE OF MATERIA ORBS

Ror fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 2, 2024

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdrfOc9oG2k

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Person on Reddit did A great write up on Cait Sith and how he works. I didn’t realize you could block during skills/spells that don’t need the Moogle

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 2, 2024

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RatHat posted:

Person on Reddit I’d A great write up on Cait Sith and how he works. I didn’t realize you could block during skills/spells that don’t need the Moogle

I don't think I ever once remembered to use Cait Sith's meter, this is the first time I'm learning about what his level 2 and 3 abilities do

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The level 2 buffs are pretty nice(though think twice before using Go Wild) and there’s a folio unlock that gives him a free one at the start of each battle.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

:siren: SQUARE-ENIX JUST ANNOUNCED A HOT FIX FOR THE GLITCHED SIDE QUEST!!!

April Fools! They hate you and want you to suffer

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

joke's on you I did that quest before they broke it

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

:siren: SQUARE-ENIX JUST ANNOUNCED A HOT FIX FOR THE GLITCHED SIDE QUEST!!!

April Fools! They hate you and want you to suffer

Its killing me man. Just want to start hard mode at party level 10 :gonk:

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
Finished up the combat simulator. Using manawall with Seph was key.

Unfortunately I feel like my Pirate Jetsam quest is bugged. I'm setting at 23/24, and followed a video guide twice to check each location for jetsam and nothing. Is there no way to reset this quest? Not sure what to do.

MintFresh
Jun 24, 2020

Is there a video of each time Yuffie tried shadow boxing Barret? That parent duo was so adorable lol

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oxxidation posted:

i also thought the cosmo canyon track wasn't great, especially coming off gongaga's

I quite like it, it's just a bit too repetitive.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

God, I hate Odin. He's the opposite of what the entire game tries to teach RE: dodging and blocking.

Please tell me there is a way to cheese him.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Arkage posted:

Finished up the combat simulator. Using manawall with Seph was key.

Unfortunately I feel like my Pirate Jetsam quest is bugged. I'm setting at 23/24, and followed a video guide twice to check each location for jetsam and nothing. Is there no way to reset this quest? Not sure what to do.

Do you have 23 in your inventory? Did you use one on an accessory and not realize it? It gives you a message when you pick up the final one.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Do you have 23 in your inventory? Did you use one on an accessory and not realize it? It gives you a message when you pick up the final one.

I used them for items with the last one at 5/6 jetsam. There should be enough to make all accessories.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Was missing one too and i found it in bottom right hand corner. Was hard to see and spot with the sensor thing, it was tucked away

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Unless the accessory you've yet to craft is the Genji Gloves, I would just leave it. The other two Genji accessories are p much useless, and there's nothing locked behind reaching max crafting level - you don't get any new recipes, just a "Congrate, you done it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Tbh I'm pretty sad at how underwhelming the genji equips other than the glove are. To continue being honest I'm not sure of the purpose served by the damage cap at all in this game; it seems like there are a bunch of ludicrously powerful attacks that serve no purpose other than to be foiled by the cap, like it's just there to complicate decisions about how to attack. If those attacks are too powerful, nerf them, it's like, man, the damage cap should be implicit, not explicit. And if you're set on having it be a reflection of the cap in the OG, then seeing it should be a monumental achievement, not a continued inconvenience.