Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

jaete posted:

There's also a thread on these very forums about which chairs are good, if you want to research it first! (They'll tell you to go directly to Herman Miller and just pay them and get an actual warranty and actual customer service. The price is probably the same, but HM are not total 100% poo poo as a company)

They're actually a very good company. When I bought my chair I went to the showroom to try out their range before I committed. I mentioned that I'd been recommended the Aeron. The saleswoman told me that the Aeron was chiefly aimed at execs who wanted to show off the money, and instead directed me to my Mirra because it was just as good but significantly cheaper. She also didn't need to get a demo model out because her own office chair was a Mirra. Given that she'd have got a bigger commission for the chair I was asking for, that's bloody good customer service. Herman Miller stand firmly behind their products, but only because you're sitting on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Skulker posted:

Scotland hate law's a load of shite, it's so vague that it should be frightening but the police are pretty open about having 0 intent to enforce it ever. gently caress sake, round here they can't even investigate murders, let alone Internet slapfights.

Problem is, loads of crime and a useless lazy police force, faced with the option of investigating burglaries or going after violent killers or popping round JK's castle for a cosy cuppa while they roll their eyes at the wokerati who have insisted they investigate, I know what they'll be doing...

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
It will be terfs insisting police investigate people who call them 'cis' or 'thick as pigshit'

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jedit posted:

They're actually a very good company. When I bought my chair I went to the showroom to try out their range before I committed. I mentioned that I'd been recommended the Aeron. The saleswoman told me that the Aeron was chiefly aimed at execs who wanted to show off the money, and instead directed me to my Mirra because it was just as good but significantly cheaper. She also didn't need to get a demo model out because her own office chair was a Mirra. Given that she'd have got a bigger commission for the chair I was asking for, that's bloody good customer service. Herman Miller stand firmly behind their products, but only because you're sitting on them.

isn't this just Anchoring? The presence of an insanely high price option makes the previous tier seem reasonable by comparison

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

kecske posted:

isn't this just Anchoring? The presence of an insanely high price option makes the previous tier seem reasonable by comparison

I wouldn't say so. Anchoring is used to persuade someone to make a small purchase when they wouldn't otherwise have made a big purchase. In this case, I had expressed willingness to make the big purchase, but was instead advised to make the small one. If the saleswoman had kept her mouth shut she would have got more of my money.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

The Perfect Element posted:

I say this with love btw, you are my favourite poster.

Wow. Just, wow.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jedit posted:

I wouldn't say so. Anchoring is used to persuade someone to make a small purchase when they wouldn't otherwise have made a big purchase. In this case, I had expressed willingness to make the big purchase, but was instead advised to make the small one. If the saleswoman had kept her mouth shut she would have got more of my money.

That's just one nice lady though, saving you from being ripped off by a horrible chair overpricing company. Or maybe the expensive chair is much better and she just didn't want you do have it. It's difficult to say what happened with the amount of sales lady magic she's wrapped you up in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Preventing my customers from giving me money for a good product, this is why I'm saleswoman of the year

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jowling Kowling etc. having a normal one today

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wasn't TDoV yesterday?

May their piss forever boil regardless I guess.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Maybe she'd just been fired and costing them a big sale was her two fingers up to the company on her way out the door.

Or maybe she thought that if she got rid of all the cheap chairs they would have to issue the staff with the good ones.

S l o w

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

the gently caress is this??? :mad:

crispix fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 1, 2024

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

That's just one nice lady though, saving you from being ripped off by a horrible chair overpricing company. Or maybe the expensive chair is much better and she just didn't want you do have it. It's difficult to say what happened with the amount of sales lady magic she's wrapped you up in.

How about you come back when you don't own a Tesla?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

I appreciate the hole but is it wide enough for a bucket?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

sebzilla posted:

Jowling Kowling etc. having a normal one today

Care to share? In spoiler tags please so our trans pals don't have to see that poo poo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its one of the main stories on bbc news. Just the same old shite. Shes on holiday somewhere nice and posting poo poo on twitter is the best use of her time

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
She's been spending all Day of Visibility making GBS threads on random trans women of color to make herself look good or something in addition to making poo poo up about the Scottish hate speech laws.

:nms: so it doesn't embed
https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1774836291781218389

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Apparently Agile has failed & Scrum Masters are being laid off.

Is this the end of Bullshit Bingo?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
First they came for the scrum masters, and I did nothing because lol lmao.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*speaking into Dictaphone*
New reality show where Dominic Cummings attempts to fix failing businesses using Policy Unit people and tactics. Call it Cum Masters.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Microplastics posted:

I appreciate the hole but is it wide enough for a bucket?
It's a water toy, so no bucket necessary. You just poo poo directly in the water :britain:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Pretty sure agile can only be failed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am still working off the assumption that scrums are just the rugby thing except in an office. Seems counterproductive and liable to cause head trauma but maybe that is the secret to success.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Srum masters are project managers with a deck of cards

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

josh04 posted:

Pretty sure agile can only be failed.

:hmmyes:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Starbucks posted:

Srum masters are project managers with a deck of cards

Slay the Spire project

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Apparently Agile has failed & Scrum Masters are being laid off.

Is this the end of Bullshit Bingo?

It's fine, we have Agile 2 for that

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He shook hands! He's cured! LONG LIVE THE KING!

P.S. An extra 13,000 people unnecessarily died last year

God bless 'im. He shook hands.

e: I've just realised that 'he's getting better' was the Daily Mail's April Fool joke

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 1, 2024

grobbo
May 29, 2014
This is somehow not an April fool, as it was posted on the Mail last night? https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/01/national-trust-defends-vegan-scone-recipe-after-wokery-criticism

quote:

The National Trust has long prided itself on its famous scones. There is even a blog dedicated to them, along with a “scone of the month” feature. And with more than 3m sold every year, including those served with cream teas at its 300-plus tearooms, they are seen as an integral part of the National Trust day out.

But now the organisation has been forced to defend its recipe in the face of claims its scones have secretly gone “woke” with the introduction of a vegan recipe.

Forget whether the jam tops the cream, or the other way round: it is the lack of butter that reportedly is angering some visitors. ome critics have gone public, condemning the use of vegetable spread rather than butter in the plant-based scones served in National Trust cafes.

Maude Newby, 64, a longtime National Trust member from Bury St Edmunds, told the Daily Mail: “I can’t stand the taste of the new scones. They are not like traditional ones at all – they are flatter, drier and have an unappealing texture.”

Sure, why not. Margarine is now woke, and it's a treacherous betrayal if you don't tell people you're using it. Electric toothbrushes are virtue-signalling, as are loafers and non-alcoholic beer. All of it, newsworthy stuff.

In the tiresome, trivial preoccupations of Maude Newby, 64, we detect the death yowls of a crumbling nation reduced to suet.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Thank you kindly

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's fine, we have Agile 2 for that

I've suddenly become quite skeptical of "leadership" having read that the former CEO of Boeing considered it the natural alternative to "experience".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My grandmother used to use stork for baking all the time, guess she was woke.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i know almost every DM front page is hotdogtimrobinson.jpeg but that one especially so

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I looked for a nice office chair from that reyooz place once, found one for an incredibly cheap price, which was instantly negated by them wanting £250 quid to deliver it.

£60 for the chair was pushing my budget to be honest, dudes.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Where do i put the Sex Arse? :confused:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

We might have a PM Shapps before the next GE
https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1774825252146622747

Cursed island....

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Shapps might even make Truss look competent

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I dunno about you guys but ive never had a twitter meltdown feature as the top story on the bbc news.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is a covert leadership bid just going into the office when no one is around and refusing to leave when they notice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

serious gaylord posted:

I dunno about you guys but ive never had a twitter meltdown feature as the top story on the bbc news.

Look at the placing of her story among the other historical events of today

Cursed island