Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

How is watching a musical going to solve things, Roseanne?
Go pop another ambien, you racist turd goblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Trump on Cameo would be at least $500 a pop, maybe $1000. I would contribute to a pool to get him to wish a happy 69th birthday to Vietnam vet Hugh Jass of the 420th Airborne

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Random Stranger posted:

Truth social shuts down, the servers turn off, and the offices are locked up, but the DJT stock keeps going, eternally driven by idiot cultists who must support the emperor and idiot daytraders who think they can outplay the crazy ones.

Truth Social HQ going to look like the Master's base in Fallout 1.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Does #1776 mean losing an election, screaming that you won then live tweeting yourself storming a government building while tazering your own balls?

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
TMZ just breaking that Trump died.

LOL his estate is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccked

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

pro starcraft loser posted:

Truth Social HQ going to look like the Master's base in Fallout 1.

Not a chance. All of the super mutants are green and they're not going to let that many non-white people near them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Nightmare Cinema posted:

I would love to see him try and fake his death just to see how he would gently caress it up

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Oh poor ol' Trump, thought of jail and died

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

is this anime

Before I answer, can you look in my mouth and see if you recognise the head in there? tyvm.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Does Trump ever reply to the comments he gets on Truth? I don’t remember him ever bowing to acknowledge anyone in the comments on Twitter, but maybe I just forgot. That’s about the only way I could see more people wanting to get involved with Truth.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Dead cat bounce gooooo

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Found a rare Trump watching youtube this evening.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Kevin Nealon: Donny, the ball has its own energy or life force, if you will. Its natural environment is in the hole. Why don't you send him home?

Donny: who the gently caress are you and why are you on my golf course? You, Agent whatever- take care of this guy, would you?

Ghost of Richard Kiel: President Obama got a hole in one on this very hole!

*Trump, turning around*: Why don’t you just shut the fu…. OH MY GOD! A GHOST! Don’t let them get me, my father sent you, didn’t he? Go back to the White House where you belong!

Dante: Whoa, your poo poo’s even better than MY poo poo!

Ghost of Bob Barker: You’re in the wrong movie, Dante.

Dante: Whoa… this ain’t Grandma’s Boy. I better get the gently caress out of here. Come on, monkey! We’re going losing!

Random Dante invocation hit me hard.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Random Stranger posted:

Not a chance. All of the super mutants are green and they're not going to let that many non-white people near them.

:(

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
HELL YEAH EVERY FOUR YEARS BABY

First human case of avian flu in Texas raises alarm

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/01/first-human-avian-flu-case-texas-00149949

quote:

A Texas dairy worker has tested positive for the avian flu, marking the first identified human case of an illness in the U.S. that has sickened cattle across several states over the past few weeks.

The infection, only the second human case of H5N1 ever recorded in the country, is worrying public health experts who for decades have cautioned that avian flu could pose a serious threat.

The case is the only one state and federal officials have identified, and there is no evidence that it is being spread among humans. The illness is mild and the worker is expected to recover, said two people familiar with the matter, who were granted anonymity because the information has not yet been made public. While there have been confirmed avian flu fatalities in other parts of the world, the U.S. has only ever recorded a handful of mild cases, according to the CDC.

The new human case follows recent cow infections in Texas, Idaho, Michigan and New Mexico that have raised alarm among public health experts who worry the virus’ spread to mammals could make it easier for the virus to infect humans.

“Every single time is a little bit of Russian roulette,” said veteran public health expert Ashish Jha, who led the Biden administration’s Covid-19 response. “You play that game long enough and one of these times it will become fit to spread among humans.”

The CDC, FDA and U.S. Department of Agriculture said the virus was found in a Michigan dairy herd that had recently received cows from herds in Texas. The USDA’s National Veterinary Services Laboratories said the Michigan strain is very similar to the cow infections in Texas and Kansas, which appear to have come from wild birds.

“Initial testing has not found changes to the virus that would make it more transmissible to humans,” the CDC, FDA and USDA said in a press release. “While cases among humans in direct contact with infected animals are possible, this indicates that the current risk to the public remains low.”

Still, senior White House officials are closely monitoring the evolving situation, with the Office of Pandemic Preparedness receiving regular updates from HHS and USDA. Jeff Zients, President Joe Biden’s chief of staff, was briefed last week, said one person familiar with the matter, granted anonymity to discuss internal conversations.

There is also concern about potential cow-to-cow spread in Idaho. State veterinarian Scott Leibsle told POLITICO that cows from an Idaho dairy tested positive for avian influenza a few weeks after a shipment of Texas cattle arrived in early March from a facility with avian influenza cases.

“The coincidence of timing is just too coincidental to say well, the shipment of cattle came up from an affected facility in Texas and then two weeks later we saw it in some other cattle,” Leibsle said. “That just doesn’t make any sense.”

The FDA said it is not aware of milk or food products from symptomatic cows entering interstate commerce. The three government agencies said there is “no concern about the safety of the commercial milk supply” because of pasteurization — which heats milk to a temperature that would kill the virus.

But Rick Bright, who led the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority and raised alarm about the Trump administration’s early response to the Covid-19 pandemic, said he is not comforted by those assurances.

“They would have to do a lot of testing before I would drink milk from one of these farms at this point,” Bright said.

Caitlin Rivers, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, said it will be crucial to get a better understanding whether the virus is changing in a way that makes it more adaptable to spread among humans.

“I don’t necessarily suspect that to be the case because I don’t think cows are particularly like humans in that way,” said Rivers, who was a founding associate director of the CDC’s Center for Forecasting and Outbreak Analytics. “But any time the epidemiology of a virus changes it makes me listen more closely.”

Bright cautioned that highly pathogenic avian influenza “does not always translate to the same level of disease” in people and mammals as birds, though he and other experts warn the potential impact is far from certain.

The increasing prevalence of avian influenza in cows means that human surveillance in farmworkers and dairy workers should be bolstered, according to Association of Public Health Laboratories CEO Scott Becker.

“The bigger picture is that this virus is not cooling off,” said Jennifer Nuzzo, director of the Pandemic Center at the Brown University School of Public Health. “We’ve been worrying about this virus for 20 years, more than 20 years. And in the last year, it has really been remarkable in how far across the globe it has been spreading, and how many species it’s been affecting.”

Stacey Schultz-Cherry, an expert in animal influenza at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, said the infections in cows are the first time avian influenza has been found in the animal.

“There does seem to be more spillover into these different animal species that we’ve never really thought about before, especially with avian influenza viruses,” Schultz-Cherry said.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story, relying on a mistaken press release from the USDA, misidentified a state where cows were infected.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Oh no! Anyway,

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

Data Graham posted:

"all the hell he's been through just trying to save our country"

Like motherfucker even if you're a great big Trump fan you have to be seeing him giving thumbs-ups at weddings at his Florida beach mansion and doing his freestyle comedy fascism routine in front of crowds in rally after rally, does this look like someone who is "going through hell" to you??

Fucker is puttering around in a golf cart being fawned over from dawn to dusk and being made custom omelets by his personal poolside servants and even in your fantasy island hugbox there is no way for you to not be aware of that

It's so weird that his cult actually believes that he's always looking out for THEM, doing hard things and suffering, for them and ARE COUNTRY. Just absolutely delusional, that he's doing anything for anyone but himself.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Also if you post that Trump died without linking or citing a source you're getting smacked from here on out

If you say it's on a certain page and it's not same thing

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 1, 2024

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm Donald Trump

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

PuttyKnife posted:

Random Dante invocation hit me hard.

:buddy:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Seth Pecksniff posted:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/01/first-human-avian-flu-case-texas-00149949

Good thing Texas is so isolationist.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

lol @ "#1776"

You first, you dumb old fatass dipshit. Go ahead, loudmouth. Try it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm Donald Trump

Prove it

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Why does this exist? I’ve seen it a million times and my brain rejects it.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

bobjr posted:

I would love to see him try and fake his death just to see how he would gently caress it up

I'd love to see him fake his death then hold a press conference when he saw the news coverage.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If Trump ever did die he would do it on April Fools, as a joke

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Remember when Roseanne was like, 'I'm not actually an awful goblin-woman, I was just on drugs,' but then she just kept being awful in public and now she's doing bad stand-up sets about being CANCELLED? lol

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If Trump ever did die he would do it on April Fools, as a joke

Trump would ring himself, to check if it was true.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

kazil posted:

Prove it

He's flat broke, does that work

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Honestly I'm willing to give up some potential profit if it means I'm not $700k in the hole because I mistimed something

lol yes purchasing options is the safest way to leverage, the worst you lose is your entire investment. Selling options or naked shortselling are, as previously mentioned, much more risky. Naked shorts in particular are hilariously dangerous.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Ralph Hurley posted:

Why does this exist? I’ve seen it a million times and my brain rejects it.

Trump and Rudy hosed.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Haha, if this turns into a widespread thing the country is hosed; so much of the population will be convinced its a Democrat/deep state hoax to influence the elections in a repeat of 2020, and so many others will be like, 'its just the flu' and not take it seriously.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I'll say this: If anyone says they voted for Kari Lake because goddamn Roseanne Barr made an appearance, they were already voting for Kari Lake anyway. "I WAS going to vote Democrat but then Roseanne threatened civil war on Twitter so now I have to vote for Kari Lake" simply isn't going to happen at all.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Strong Sauce posted:

Trump and Rudy hosed.

Imagine the noises!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Catastrophe posted:

I'll say this: If anyone says they voted for Kari Lake because goddamn Roseanne Barr made an appearance, they were already voting for Kari Lake anyway. "I WAS going to vote Democrat but then Roseanne threatened civil war on Twitter so now I have to vote for Kari Lake" simply isn't going to happen at all.

We're talking with Joe, an Independent voter wearing a MAGA hat and who is currently giving a sieg heil to a bible with Trump's picture on it. He said he was undecided but then he found out that Joe Biden didn't invade Israel to protect Palestine and now he's voting Trump.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is Kari Lake still hanging out at Mar A Lago in the vain hope she'll be VP pick

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hollismason posted:

Is Kari Lake still hanging out at Mar A Lago in the vain hope she'll be VP pick

She wakes up at 4AM every morning and gets in full makeup, sitting on a balcony that costs $40,000/month to rent, so she can wave at Trump when he steps out to go golfing.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

ianskate posted:

It's so weird that his cult actually believes that he's always looking out for THEM, doing hard things and suffering, for them and ARE COUNTRY. Just absolutely delusional, that he's doing anything for anyone but himself.

They only get info from trungus and his hangers on how would you expect them to perceive him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Ah well, nevertheless.