Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

what's this from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Majora's Mask, innit.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Very much so.

Also, judging by the Biomülltonne, someone in this house is spargeling the gently caress out. It's completely full of Spargelschale.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

busalover posted:

what's this from?

mematic

:v:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Antigravitas posted:

Very much so.

Also, judging by the Biomülltonne, someone in this house is spargeling the gently caress out. It's completely full of Spargelschale.

sounds like urine trouble :xd:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

Very much so.

Here, that would actually be good news for us! We're more living through a "the Müllmänner switched brown and black Tonne accidentally, now everyone stuffs two bins wrong for the price of one"-world over here.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
PSA: I am currently trying to sift through my father in laws possesions, because he is in a care home and severely demented and MIL is moving into a smaller place.

For the love of God, if you have elderly parents, make sure to talk to them about documents for everything (insurance, running contracts etc) and scan anything important BEFORE you need it.

Weirdly, MIL paid all the bills etc but FIL filed everything away, so MIL has no clue what he put where.
Even though we found a cabinet of folders, it takes forever to distinguish random communication and outdated stuff from 20 years ago from actual agreements and important documents.

So be proactive, sort it out now, because trust me, you don't want to have to do it after something happened.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Seems like he did it right because instead of doing all the work himself he eventually got someone else to do it for him. :smug:

But jokes aside, sorry to hear that.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Bubatz

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Hopper posted:

PSA: I am currently trying to sift through my father in laws possesions, because he is in a care home and severely demented and MIL is moving into a smaller place.

For the love of God, if you have elderly parents, make sure to talk to them about documents for everything (insurance, running contracts etc) and scan anything important BEFORE you need it.

Weirdly, MIL paid all the bills etc but FIL filed everything away, so MIL has no clue what he put where.
Even though we found a cabinet of folders, it takes forever to distinguish random communication and outdated stuff from 20 years ago from actual agreements and important documents.

So be proactive, sort it out now, because trust me, you don't want to have to do it after something happened.

I'm sorry you have to go through that. Sis and I did a similar thing last year when our father passed. I hope that this will bring the family closer together for you.

Our dad was pretty organized so contracts weren't the problem. But figuring out how to coordinate with his Privatversicherung over his hundreds of thousands of euros of medical bills was a nightmare. And it took us a year to actually have legal access to his bank account, but that was due to Postbank being a piece of poo poo and only working when you get the Ombudsman involved.

Result of that exercise is that I have a draft of a will plus I'm organizing my agreements, possessions as easily as possible.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Declaring this and the next page Bubatzpage, by royal ampeldecree

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
4:20, blasiert es 🥦

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Duzzy Funlop posted:

4:20, blasiert es 🥦

"Apr 1, 2024 03:20" :thunk:

edit gently caress

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Queue lots of handwringing about Marijuana while studiously ignoring (worse) stuff from alcohol.

Welcome to the new, green Germany!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
"Deitsche Leitkuitua", I proclaim while pouring my sixth Weizen for today.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The future is lots of Bavarians getting drunk on 2+ Maß at 9 am Frühschoppen on a Sunday while listening to Söder or cronies preach about the horrible Kiffers, then everybody peacefully drives home.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Lord Stimperor posted:

Result of that exercise is that I have a draft of a will plus I'm organizing my agreements, possessions as easily as possible.

This is very much our plan, too. And I will talk to my parents about all this. I have most contact data etc of their various insurances and stuff both in a folder and stored online thanks to my mum, but I just now realize how much more one needs to know that you don't think of.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Just eat a Weißwurst with your Morgentüte, then it's a trad Weißwurstfrühstück

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Makes me wonder if it could work to replace the herbs in Weißwurst with weed

Also hopper while you’re at it, do erbfall drills with your parents, I did that with my dad once and it’s great to get a lay of the land, especially the paperwork with private KK jfc. Like sit down and do the stuff they usually do while they sit by and do their paperwork for them, it’ll bring you up to speed. Also repeat it.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Die Weedwors mit oan Maß legga Cannabier

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

For some reason I can't get the words "Gesunder Mischkonsum" out of my head.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Y’all sound suspiciously high

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!
So where does one actually buy weed now? I haven't done this in almost 20 years. I was thinking about asking at my Späti. Those guys always look high.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

xf86enodev posted:

So where does one actually buy weed now? I haven't done this in almost 20 years. I was thinking about asking at my Späti. Those guys always look high.
Become a member of a Cannabisverein and buy it from there.

Can't buy it in a "normal" shop anywhere. There might be a Modellregion or two soonish where that will be tried, but nothing concrete yet.

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!
Do I get this right, Cannabis Clubs don't start until June, July? And otherwise sale isn't permitted afaict?
So smoking weed is only legal in so far as you already happen to have 20g or 3 plants at home, lol?

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Can you bring it into the country from a place where it’s already legal? Can’t say I would be to interested in being the first to try that out…

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
I'm curious to see how soon the Drogentourismus to The Netherlands will go down. Maybe it will spike for a bit because there's no clubs yet but it'll probably go down by a lot.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

xf86enodev posted:

Do I get this right, Cannabis Clubs don't start until June, July? And otherwise sale isn't permitted afaict?
So smoking weed is only legal in so far as you already happen to have 20g or 3 plants at home, lol?

You can also have less than 20g at home :v:

My honest prediction is that for now people will go to the usual dealers and then eitger get it from a club or from a friend who has a couple dozen grams of "Eigenbedarf" laying around. Getting weed from the one friend who grows it is propably the easiest method for most people, even though it is still illegal.

Personally I think it's a best case, it'll avoid going to the schwarzmarkt, you know who it's from and what's in it, and it also avoids all the hassle of clubs. I'm 100 percent sure the politicians involved in this also know this, but didn't want to mention this due to all the other issues over the law.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
So will there be a coffee shop scene similar to the Netherlands in Germany? Or do you need a proof of residency to buy your stuff.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

You need to be an active member of a club with all your info and purchases logged in their registry. It's not ideal, but it's what we got.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Seems better than the situation in Canada where legalization initiated a land grab/rush with a half dozen stores opening up within a couple blocks of each dominating available retail space. That combined with check cashing/advance loans stores made for a pretty depressing urban environment. Although that's not everywhere, Quebec went with state operated stores and those are maybe a bit too spaced out. Having it centered around clubs is an interesting dynamic mind you, curious to see how that shakes out for those communities.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

spankmeister posted:

I'm curious to see how soon the Drogentourismus to The Netherlands will go down. Maybe it will spike for a bit because there's no clubs yet but it'll probably go down by a lot.

When the drug tourists stop coming Amsterdam they will be replaced by urbanists who soyface at trams and bike lanes

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://streamable.com/bbd75b

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

A club? Seriously? Is anyone itt even considering this or knows anyone who does? It's a lot of effort to just get some weed and you are basically declaring yourself a drug user to the state. If the Führerscheinstelle gets wind of this you could lose your driver's license (who knows when they'll actually get to reform that) and a Polizeivermerk that you are a drug user could also be a major hassle in every Polizeikontrolle. Seems like a really, really bad idea.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

:golfclap:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

A club? Seriously? Is anyone itt even considering this or knows anyone who does? It's a lot of effort to just get some weed and you are basically declaring yourself a drug user to the state. If the Führerscheinstelle gets wind of this you could lose your driver's license (who knows when they'll actually get to reform that) and a Polizeivermerk that you are a drug user could also be a major hassle in every Polizeikontrolle. Seems like a really, really bad idea.

Afaik you're also allowed to buy seeds and grow a small number of plants for your personal use at home without the club thing.

Wiederbelebung der Vereinskultur though, getting the young people in on it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Frei Kiffen Kultur

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

In more important news, weird fonts raise problems again:

The Guardian:

quote:

Adidas bans fans from adding ‘44’ to German team football shirt

Kit’s resemblance to infamous SS rune of Nazi paramilitary wing unintentional, company says

Adidas has banned football fans from customising the German national shirt with the number 44 due to its perceived resemblance to the symbol used by Nazi SS units during the second world war.

The Schutzstaffel (SS), a paramilitary organisation of Adolf Hitler’s Third Reich, was tasked with carrying out the industrialised genocide of Jewish people across Europe.

Concerns over the jerseys were originally raised by the historian Michael König, who said the kit’s design was “very questionable”.

The German away kit also provoked controversy due to its pink colour. Supporters say it reflects Germany’s diversity, while critics claim it is untraditional and a cash grab organised by the German Football Association (DFB).

An Adidas spokesperson, Oliver Brüggen, denied that the kit’s resemblance to the Nazi symbols was intentional. “We as a company are committed to opposing xenophobia, antisemitism, violence and hatred in every form,” he said. “We will block personalisation of the jerseys.”

Designed in 1929, the SS rune has become synonymous with some of the worst crimes perpetrated by the Nazis. Members of the SS were responsible for guarding concentration camps, interrogating suspected traitors and running extermination camps such as Auschwitz, where 1.3 million people were murdered.

This is the second time in recent weeks that an international football kit has caused controversy. Fans of England were critical of changes made to the St George’s cross on the back of the team’s shirt collar.

Nike claimed the use of purple and navy alongside the traditional red was meant to represent inclusivity but critics claimed it was disrespectful and an act of “virtue signalling”. Keir Starmer, the Labour leader, was among the politicians calling for it to be scrapped.

This year’s European Football Championship will take place in Germany, with matches taking place in 10 different cities. It will kick off on 14 June when the hosts take on Scotland.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

pidan posted:

Afaik you're also allowed to buy seeds and grow a small number of plants for your personal use at home without the club thing.

This. I will try to grow a bubatzbaum just because Söder hates it. Haven't smoked weed in 20 years but gently caress it, I'll try my green thumb anyway. I hear it grows well where to. Atoes grow and I had great success with those.

Also regular consumers I know all plan to grow their own or buy in netherlands/from dealers to avoid having to join a club. Nobody wants to be a registered drug user, even if it is legal. Especially not those in Bavaria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

busalover posted:

So will there be a coffee shop scene similar to the Netherlands in Germany? Or do you need a proof of residency to buy your stuff.

Nobody picked up on your second question but yes, in order to join a Cannabis Social Club (lol that name always makes me think of GTA5 for some reason), you have to be resident for minimum 6 months iirc.