Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I would like to wield a chainsword or power weapon, tyia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Man people were so down on the arc shotgun but I was having a blast with it on Malevelon. It staggers devastators and can effectively stunlock them, even through heavy shields. Also great for kiting groups of Berserkers since you stagger them too. Definitely needs a shield generator paired with it but Shield/Quasar/double air support has been my go to for the bots
I like the plasma shotgun for bots since it does the same things and also one shots scout walkers.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Kingfish posted:

I would like to wield a chainsword or power weapon, tyia

The Creek broke before the Helldivers did.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
It's funny waiting for a res, and you see a teammate fleeing, stop, get a reinforce beacon, turn around, throw it into a horde of enemies, and carry on running away.

Then you are reinforced and die instantly.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

redreader posted:

It's funny waiting for a res, and you see a teammate fleeing, stop, get a reinforce beacon, turn around, throw it into a horde of enemies, and carry on running away.

Then you are reinforced and die instantly.
I could see it if there are a bunch of bile titans and you tag the bile titans so someone actually can find them easily, but otherwise yeah I just laugh.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

redreader posted:

Who was in the wrong here: I was playing a planet with the "call downs take 100% longer" debuff. I threw two eagle strikes into enemy bases. Both times I said 'get back' in chats. Both times my teammates ran into the strike zone and 3 were killed. Now there's enough time to get away even without that debuff. One guy got super mad both times and called me a team killer and acted like I did it on purpose. I've never seen this before, what's going on, am I bad at video games?

Edit: even without the debuff if I throw an eagle strike at my feet, there's enough time to run away and be safe.

important detail, when you say "I said 'get back' in chats" did you type that into chat, or speak it through the coms?

typing stuff in chat will almost never be seen in time for it to be useful, imo. You gotta speak this stuff so ppl can hear you and react in time

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Man people were so down on the arc shotgun but I was having a blast with it on Malevelon. It staggers devastators and can effectively stunlock them, even through heavy shields. Also great for kiting groups of Berserkers since you stagger them too. Definitely needs a shield generator paired with it but Shield/Quasar/double air support has been my go to for the bots
thing is, punisher and especially slugger both exist and also stagger devastators/berserkers

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

important detail, when you say "I said 'get back' in chats" did you type that into chat, or speak it through the coms?

typing stuff in chat will almost never be seen in time for it to be useful, imo. You gotta speak this stuff so ppl can hear you and react in time
This is true, but also people oughta be paying attention to the big glowing red pillars of light that signal imminent explosions.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 1, 2024

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
And there is also a voice line your Helldiver says whenever you call in a strike which everyone can hear.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
https://i.imgur.com/vcZBCnU.mp4
Definitely my distance record.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Gazaar posted:

https://i.imgur.com/vcZBCnU.mp4
Definitely my distance record.

Oh please, you are like a little baby. Let me show you how I joined the SEAF air force today:

https://i.imgur.com/kN9d0eS.mp4

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Should uh should we be worried about the cloaked ships in the sky

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The what now?!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

Oh please, you are like a little baby. Let me show you how I joined the SEAF air force today:

You got more height but less horizontal distance and you didn't stick the landing. An admirable showing, but respect where it's due.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gotta love how the player models flail around while in the air so moments like that look extra goofy

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

prevailed on my friends to try a real difficulty 9 helldive op the other day. finished the first mission pretty dang smoothly. second one had two eyes of sauron next to one of the SSSD sites, and we foolishly spent time trying to pop them rather than just accepting a couple minutes of lovely spawns as we grabbed the goods and then ran for it. even so, I think we coulda done it if hellbomb beacons didn't slide around near the eyes like the ground is coated in ice and bacon fat. what's up with that anyway

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Of course not, anti-air weaponry is already being manufactured by our hardworking factory personnel as per Swift Disassembly Phase 1.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Parkingtigers posted:

sorry I can't hear you from the literal killplane

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

i keep seeing people talk about this on reddit but then the attached evidence is just like

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

cloaked ships don't exist

but your democracy officer does exist

act accordingly

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

LazyMaybe posted:

thing is, punisher and especially slugger both exist and also stagger devastators/berserkers

slugger definitely beats it out at range but the advantage of never having to reload and the fact that you completely ignore heavy devastator shields is not insignificant

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

i keep seeing people talk about this on reddit but then the attached evidence is just like

well it’s cloaked, duh

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

slugger definitely beats it out at range but the advantage of never having to reload and the fact that you completely ignore heavy devastator shields is not insignificant
I think ignoring devastator shields is pretty insignificant tbqh. even head on you just shoot the other side or around their head, not hard with slugger or after a single stagger
also it must be said that the punisher has nearly double the damage of the blitzer

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Hey is there any workaround to rebind the missile and machine gun keys for the Patriot Exosuit? I just got used to things after redoing keybinds so I can deploy strategems while running around, now I can't use the mech suit without expending its bullets while going forward. I'm guessing this was covered many pages ago.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The 380mm barrage makes absolute perfect sense when you remember these are the devs who put Lightning Bolt and BSoD in Magicka

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Even the 120mm barrage is frankly worthless IMO. It's so erratic and covers such a large area it almost never hits anything you actually want and instead makes the entire area a deathtrap for your team. The 380 is just that but moreso.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

there are no bad 380s, only bad helldivers who take them on bug maps

120mm is literally just the 380 barrage with much smaller explosions but comes down slightly faster. its trash. it saturates an incredibly small % of its strike zone, which is ironically the only reason it doesn't cause massive TKing since most players experimenting with it will throw it like 30m away.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The best 380s are the Walking Barrage.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I’ve had a play with all the bombs and I’m honestly right back to eagle air strike. Four buttons to call in, does the job cleanly, and super fast reload.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

This is the best shot I've seen:

They really are practically invisible if they're not in front of something bright in the skybox.

Also the best video of the "blue lasers" I've seen: https://old.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bsshmw/blue_lasers_on_ubanea_the_lasers_were_roughing_up/

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

smellmycheese posted:

I’ve had a play with all the bombs and I’m honestly right back to eagle air strike. Four buttons to call in, does the job cleanly, and super fast reload.

Yeah I agree. I got the extra bomb upgrade and have been trying the 500kg some more and I think the air strike outshines it in almost every scenario.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sindai posted:

They really are practically invisible if they're not in front of something bright in the skybox.

they unironically do not have textures which is presumably why

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I've only ever seen those like once, weeks ago, when my performance was choking. I'm pretty sure they're low-LOD super destroyers

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

e: oh wait nm they're in the distance

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I've only ever seen those like once, weeks ago, when my performance was choking. I'm pretty sure they're low-LOD super destroyers

they are definitely not low lod super destroyers. there are three variations that all have distinctively different designs and they'll randomly warp in/out of certain automaton maps

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I could see something in the skyin one game last night that looked like a giant cloaked ship with red lights all over it. I was high as hell on stims and libertea tho so coulda been anything.

e] Also I mentioned it to my Democracy Officer and he said it was fine and not to worry. Unrelatedly he had some good news, apparently I've been selected for a special education and training camp back home, I ship out tomorrow!

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 1, 2024

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's refreshing to play a game that brings me back to the recess playground rumor days

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I feel like everyone seeing these mysterious blue lasers and all that poo poo are hilarious because it's like those scenes in M. Night Shyamalans's "Signs" when there's creepy, grainy footage of the aliens freaking out Joaquin phoenix

deep dish peat moss posted:

It's refreshing to play a game that brings me back to the recess playground rumor days

No joke, I love this vibe so much

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Wish they'd fix all the crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

deep dish peat moss posted:

YEAH.
I heard if you approach one of the forklifts and press ↑ ↓ ← → A B you can get the μ-Rover backpack, which can fire any weapon! :)))