Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
maybe each shipping container should be its own ocean crossing amphibian autonomous vehicle, have they thought about that????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

frumpykvetchbot posted:

maybe each shipping container should be its own ocean crossing amphibian autonomous vehicle, have they thought about that????

didn't know elon musk posted on the forums

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Anyway, I went down to tradepoint atlantic while I was visiting family over the weekend and grabbed a few pictures. This one turned out the best:

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Log082 posted:

Anyway, I went down to tradepoint atlantic while I was visiting family over the weekend and grabbed a few pictures. This one turned out the best:

the bridge still looks terrible TBH.

LordArgh posted:

didn't know elon musk posted on the forums

what gave it away? :hehe: I didn't mention rocket powered or bullet-proof even once.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Did they fix it yet

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Log082 posted:

I don't think they've made any progress at all on fixing it.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Klyith posted:

also a giant stupid legal fight over who got the insurance money, the port authority or the developer who had the overall lease

Is nothing sacred? let the creepy war church keep it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

withak posted:

I don't think they've made any progress at all on fixing it.

look i'm getting to it ok

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

frumpykvetchbot posted:

the bridge still looks terrible TBH.

what gave it away? :hehe: I didn't mention rocket powered or bullet-proof even once.

Hey Elon, you think that a Cyber Cuck TRVKKKK could just like pull that boat out of there so they can get rid of the old bridge faster?

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

I found a neat live stream of them working on the bridge. It's the same one that caught the initial impact:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83a7h3kkgPg

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

Hey Elon, you think that a Cyber Cuck TRVKKKK could just like pull that boat out of there so they can get rid of the old bridge faster?

Cybertrucks can temporarily act as boats, so they should be able to drive over the bridge as is.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

wesleywillis posted:

LOL

Of course not. The thing is hopelessly beached and the hull looks compromised. But I bet I could grift the Biden admin for another cool stack of billions by announcing a sky crane company copy-pasting JPL's thing they used for landing the Mars rovers except with like electric turbine engines. Hell, I'll call them hyperjets or skyLoops or some poo poo. I mean the fools bought my loving cartoon starship as a component of the Artemis moon mission, LOL! Total utter clown admin. I can claim the sky cranes are super necessary lifters needed to peel the containers off the ship and also lift bridge components in place much faster than you know the ordinary floating cranes they'll have to use eventually. But I'll have fun in the meantime burning $$$$$.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Log082 posted:

I found a neat live stream of them working on the bridge. It's the same one that caught the initial impact:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83a7h3kkgPg

only sort of related, but I've always liked that Wilhelmsen livery on their vehicle carriers, much better than their older ones

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Your cybertruck works briefly as a boat, so you dont even need a bridge to cross there

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wow if you go back to the early morning on that livestream, the bridge is completely hidden by fog.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

saw some new posts in the thread. what's the status of the bridge? is it still collapsed?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

smoobles posted:

saw some new posts in the thread. what's the status of the bridge? is it still collapsed?

We left the bridge out overnight and some helpful elves repaired. The current conversation is centered on whether we make clothes for the elves as a show of thanks or offer them an infant.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

smackfu posted:

Wow if you go back to the early morning on that livestream, the bridge is completely hidden by fog.

Fog? That's what the government wants you to think

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Fog? That's what the government wants you to think

in actuality grey goo nanobots.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

smoobles posted:

No it’s back up now

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
We took all the leaning scramble addicts and piled them up into a bridge they will literally never fall down. I have never seen a motherfucker leaning fall down.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

We left the bridge out overnight and some helpful elves repaired. The current conversation is centered on whether we make clothes for the elves as a show of thanks or offer them an infant.

please don't tAke my baby

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

The Alchemist posted:

Your cybertruck works briefly as a boat, so you dont even need a bridge to cross there

More important is the fact that they can tow near infinite mass, they should have just strung up the ship to one. At least they can just tie the wreckage to a truck and drive it out of the river

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
We don't want to make the new bridge anything too fancy. It is still Baltimore, after all. It should blend in with the general bleakness of everything else.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
If the back of the ship had truck nuts this wouldn’t have happened.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

On a ship they're claspers

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Bible posted:

I feel like I would see a bridge if I was piloting that boat. I'd probably even be aware that it was there beforehand.

Maybe not, I've never piloted a boat, but it just seems like you'd notice it.

Bridges are ambush predators, so they're actually pretty good at laying in wait unnoticed untill they've pray is directly underneath and they can pounce down onto them.

You can ofter walk by dozens of bridges a day and never even see them.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Have they tried turning the bridge off and on again?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
it's always boats running into things these days. don't see many airplanes anymore. and it's because of the left.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The bridge died with the Woke Mind Virus, not of the Woke Mind Virus.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
This government is too wrapped up in red tape. in the Reagan years, they would have simply called the Joes and this would've been a done deal. :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Better call the cross boss!!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Why don't they just load an earlier save before the bridge got knocked down

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Medullah posted:

Why don't they just load an earlier save before the bridge got knocked down

It’s a fixed seed. The bridge would still collapse.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

The Lone Badger posted:

It’s a fixed seed. The bridge would still collapse.

that's superdeterminism at work.

it's depressing in a way because there is no better timeline.

all of experience is a 4D crystal. what we perceive as choices and decisions in reality amounts to nothing more than an endless cascade of causes and effects slowly unfolding.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The most recent messages in that livestream chat pointed out that the crew is still on the boat, not allowed to leave until the investigation is complete. That makes sense, but is pretty brutal for them.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 3, 2024

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Tbf running for the border wouldn't look like such a bad idea in that situation, but i think the real answer is they're giving everyone a background check to look for motive or bad connections

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

Senor Tron posted:

The most recent messages in that livestream chat pointed out that the crew is still on the boat, not allowed to leave until the investigation is complete. That makes sense, but is pretty brutal for them.

This is fair only if the people on the bridge & in the water are also not allowed to leave.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrzpoUjJ_0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I'm sure it sucks, but I bet they've got lots of food and water etc so I doubt they're starving to death.