Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Those people complain about the price of gas incessantly for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ham Equity posted:

How many loving cars do these people need?

n+1 is the correct amount of cars to have

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^:hfive:

Ham Equity posted:

How many loving cars do these people need?

one more than they have

alternative answer one more than whatever that motherFUCKER next door has

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think it is the freeways that should go, and not the people and vehicles deemed to slow to be on freeways

well ideally yeah everything would be trains
but outside of that if there's gonna be freeways they should be specialized for what they're for and not blended into stuff they're not great at that makes them less usable and more dangerous, bicycles just can't be safely operated mixed with semi trucks going freeway speeds around them and commuters who can
barely drive staring at their phones

the less variables there are on a public road the safer it'll be
like a more extreme example but still along the same line of thought would be roads being used as airstrips, like yeah it's possible and could even be convenient but realistically unless it's absolutely necessary or somewhere that's super low traffic, having dedicated surfaces for each use is gonna be better for everyone involved for several reasons

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

FirstnameLastname posted:

well ideally yeah everything would be trains
but outside of that if there's gonna be freeways they should be specialized for what they're for and not blended into stuff they're not great at that makes them less usable and more dangerous, bicycles just can't be safely operated mixed with semi trucks going freeway speeds around them and commuters who can
barely drive staring at their phones

the less variables there are on a public road the safer it'll be
like a more extreme example but still along the same line of thought would be roads being used as airstrips, like yeah it's possible and could even be convenient but realistically unless it's absolutely necessary or somewhere that's super low traffic, having dedicated surfaces for each use is gonna be better for everyone involved for several reasons

agreed the freeways and semi trucks gotta go.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

ffs

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lmao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/elaifresh/status/1774810135980134704

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I love this new style of journalism where automobiles have agency

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lol

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Love the desire to attempt to parse and diagnose the massive touchscreen rather watch the road

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm going to assume that that's one of those images of that toll plaza in china

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

It is, yeah. Notably there are 40 lanes in that photo, not 26

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I always find highways with more than like 3 lanes per side get really stressful to drive on for any length of time.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Nitrousoxide posted:

I always find highways with more than like 3 lanes per side get really stressful to drive on for any length of time.

Riding the 401 was one of the most stressful things about having a motorcycle. It's basically two highways parallel, the 'express' and 'collector' lanes, with occasional crossovers and nobody knows where the gently caress they're supposed to be.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

just thinking about the wildlife impact of that...

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

AI image. but not that far off from reality

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

Surely there must be a limit to how wide you could make a highway without doing complicated stuff like splitting it into separated HOV lanes with their own exits or diving it into express and local lanes or something because it would be impossible to get from one side to the other

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

webcams for christ posted:

its real

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

One of the absolutely wonderful things about riding a bus or train is how you don't have to worry about navigating the streets. Just start your Transit/Citymapper/Google Maps navigation and wait for the notification that you are near your stop and pull that cord/walk off at your stop. Catching connections and such is its own kind of stress of course, but I'll take that over the having stay constantly alert while driving.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

webcams for christ posted:

A really impressive AI image if so; it's managed to get all the cars facing the correct way and stay in their lanes. I'd have guessed photoshop

Anyway I had a look at google maps and there's nowhere on Katy Freeway that wide so if it is real, it must be somewhere else I think

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

yep

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
It’s probably the NAFTA superhighway.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Highways are generally widest in the city not in some remote forest

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

cat botherer posted:

It’s probably the NAFTA superhighway.

ya how else are the CARAVANS gonna make it up here

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I spent far too long googling it and it turns out it is indeed a fake image. Trap sprung, I guess, but I had to know for sure

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its the "information superhighway"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rhinosoros/status/1774937463707893788?t=_19kNPQjZbZ6SEEATzTTvw&s=19

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

That's just the natural state of Teslas, OP.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I had no idea they were updating Freeway. Graphics look good but I'm not sure the gameplay's going to hold up.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

idk why this guy is reposting this, but this was a waymo robotaxi that on lunar new year went down a street in chinatown that was supposed to be closed to through traffic for the night except to pedestrians and got stuck because people were walking around the street so a bunch of people broke open the windows with their skateboards then people tossed fireworks inside and it caught fire and died. rip in piss.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

fermun posted:

idk why this guy is reposting this, but this was a waymo robotaxi that on lunar new year went down a street in chinatown that was supposed to be closed to through traffic for the night except to pedestrians and got stuck because people were walking around the street so a bunch of people broke open the windows with their skateboards then people tossed fireworks inside and it caught fire and died. rip in piss.

lol!

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
no one was arrested

also there's a really good restaurant right behind the person that filmed the video, i had some very good lamb there in february

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The car committed suicide.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

fermun posted:

This should be the standard punishment for a car that's going somewhere it doesn't belong

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Microplastics posted:

This should be the standard punishment for a car that's going somewhere it doesn't belong

If it can't feel pain there's only one punishment available.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Sins of the Driver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005