Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Punk also had issues with Ryan Nemeth during his run. Imagine a world where Punk torpedoed his career because of the Hollywood Hunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Reminder that Punk declared himself a locker room leader when in WWE the last time and demanded wrestlers clean up after themselves so Booker T immediately began throwing his trash on the floor in front of him.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

also the only reason hes saying this is because he definitely wanted to dock the pay of all the wrestlers he didn't like so they'd do whatever he wanted

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Pylons posted:

Even after Hangman put him over he still had to get multiple receipts in.

Hangman even apologized didn't he? Just not loudly enough for Punk

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Hunk tried to show Punk his Hannibal Lector impression but Punk has never seen Silence of the Lambs and it just made Punk even angrier

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Is this loving idiot aware that both WWE and AEW get the lions share of their revenue from their tv/streaming deals nowadays and not their live gates, and haven’t for a while?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Lmao he went on Cornette

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Tweak posted:

Hangman even apologized didn't he? Just not loudly enough for Punk

I like how that doesn't come up at all in this recent petty tirade, when he was unprofessional and did a unscripted call out as if Hangman was going to run down the ramp and start a shoot fight :lol:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tony not responding or offering any take on this would be infinitely better.

"I feel bad for you, you'll never sell tickets"
"I don't think about you at all"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

No rich person is a leftist. Those two ideas are diametrically opposed. It will always be performative at best if they are a rich person.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1774874344725832076

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Miching Mallecho posted:

I like how that doesn't come up at all in this recent petty tirade, when he was unprofessional and did a unscripted call out as if Hangman was going to run down the ramp and start a shoot fight :lol:

Didn’t he do it when he knew hangman wasn’t even in the building to hypothetically answer the callout

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

What's funny about this

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Didn’t he do it when he knew hangman wasn’t even in the building to hypothetically answer the callout

I don't even know or remember but I do remember Silver tweeting a picture of hangman with a sandwich in catering that night :yayclod:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i was thinking about going to worcester for tomorrow's show but that looks like a lot of crud to be in the audience for. mariah may kicking thunder hard could be fun, and the bucks and best friends could be really good, but a whole lot of meh for my money. at home and posting it is!

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

JethroMcB posted:

So it's come to this: Busting out the ol' "I wasn't fired, I quit" nugget.

E: Next year when Mania is in Minneapolis and Punk can't wrestle (He will be on the PUP list, guaranteed) maybe he could manage a Target for a day as part of the local publicity blitz.

I mean, wasn't that what was reported at the time? Punk throws a hissy fit at Jungle Jack, proclaims he quits, is talked into not being a dumb gently caress and go out to open the PPV, and then is fired for cause a few days later. I don't think he contradicted anything known about it, though lmao at "I just choked him a bit" as if that's not a really bad thing to do.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hefty Leftist posted:

probably nothing short of a full WCW-Hogan style stranglehold on the company to its detriment

he still would have quit

ah i see you are familiar with his UFC work

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Squall posted:

I mean, wasn't that what was reported at the time? Punk throws a hissy fit at Jungle Jack, proclaims he quits, is talked into not being a dumb gently caress and go out to open the PPV, and then is fired for cause a few days later. I don't think he contradicted anything known about it, though lmao at "I just choked him a bit" as if that's not a really bad thing to do.

Kind of.

Alvarez said that monitors fell on Tony, Tony was there in position and saw everything. Joe and others broke it up

So, Punk is downplaying it as if Jack talks poo poo then he gets him in a hold ,let's go, "I quit Tony khan", and walks triumphant to work his last match

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

He was there, he was just occupied with more important stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTJ6WCN7s4E&t=584s

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
P*nk didn't get an N64 for Christmas, he's basically blameless for all the wanton acts of violence

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Lesson: anyone who says they “tell the truth” or “tell it like it is” is a loving bore.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Germansimp posted:

He was there, he was just occupied with more important stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTJ6WCN7s4E&t=584s

The Dark Order never implemented more sex, and that's why this company's in the drat shape it's in now

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Pylons posted:

What's funny about this

Not funny but some of my best managers have been nice people. He's confirming what we all know happens when he's given any power.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Eat This Glob posted:

i was thinking about going to worcester for tomorrow's show but that looks like a lot of crud to be in the audience for. mariah may kicking thunder hard could be fun, and the bucks and best friends could be really good, but a whole lot of meh for my money. at home and posting it is!

Ospreay vs Hobbs?

(granted, it won't be your standard 4.75-5.25 star Ospreay showcase, but that kind of makes it interesting)

They'll doing Collision taping as well.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Miching Mallecho posted:

I don't even know or remember but I do remember Silver tweeting a picture of hangman with a sandwich in catering that night :yayclod:

i do remember that lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Fancy Hat posted:

Ryan Nemeth

honk owns, i hope hes doing okay wherever he is, miss him on bte, i hope he fixed his walking

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Miching Mallecho posted:

Oh it does, he just said he thinks that WAS professional because he didn't actually try to kill Hangman.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

graph posted:

i do remember that lol

I'm glad silver did it. It's even funnier than I thought
https://x.com/silvernumber1/status/1560055217768497155?s=46

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Miching Mallecho posted:

I'm glad silver did it. It's even funnier than I thought
https://x.com/silvernumber1/status/1560055217768497155?s=46

ahahahahahah there it is

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

People talk a lot of poo poo about punk being a landlord but he’s been letting hangman live rent free for almost 2 years now

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1774888227431706726

:lol: Colt wanted to try and hash things out and Punk was like "no, i need my lawyer first!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's the fascinating thing, and I'll at least give Punk this much, I do give some credence to his version of things simply because I can't imagine someone thinking admitting some of this stuff makes him look good to anyone who isn't already bought in on his side.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhonne posted:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1774888227431706726

:lol: Colt wanted to try and hash things out and Punk was like "no, i need my lawyer first!"

stop him when he's telling lies

because he would have done or said something that was actionable and maybe punk's lawyer could get him to put on his big boy pants and behave like someone who claims to be a professional, much less "best in the world"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think an underrated detail of the interview is Punk claiming he nixed the glass spot out of respect to Rental Car Companies

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1774872815805534283

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder what it's like being Punk's lawyer when he saying things like "and so I lightly choked the guy" in public.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Gaz-L posted:

That's the fascinating thing, and I'll at least give Punk this much, I do give some credence to his version of things simply because I can't imagine someone thinking admitting some of this stuff makes him look good to anyone who isn't already bought in on his side.

See, I feel like this happened all the time in the Collision era of Punk telling Hausman who was banned for the show and the reasons why. Punk always gives a version that already makes him sound bad but by the time the full reporting has come in, it was always worse.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Bard Maddox posted:

how quickly we forget one of the worst guillotine attempts of all time

dude looks like an annoyed dad taking his kid upstairs to bed

Shinjobi posted:

It is not kayfabe that Punk thinks Eddie is beneath him.

Punk felt threatened by the anxious millennial cowboy because Page was better across the board than old grump rear end chalk bones Phil

nailed it.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

I guess Phil was angling for that Avis sponsorship, as he would say, FOR DA BOYS

Until evil Jack Perry wanted to ruin it

:lmao:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Like... how do WWE do it when they do those angles? Do they purchase a vehicle every single time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rhonne posted:

I wonder what it's like being Punk's lawyer when he saying things like "and so I lightly choked the guy" in public.