Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
The new Pure Fiction is ROUGH. I went Ruan Mei/Black Swan/Kafka/Guinaifen on side 2 of floor 4 and still couldn't crack 30k on that side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

GateOfD posted:

QQ hasn't really been pulling her weight as her reputation in this thread says she is, even with Sparkle support.

Herta however is amazing. Since its just spin spin party all day

Are you using her Ult on only her turn and after she's spent her skills? Make sure to do that.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Even highly invested, restarting often is the way of QQ. At the end of the day you are subject to rng.

https://twitter.com/mrpokke/status/1763909405932941534

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

the rng is what kills it, cause in FP, its you wanting to hit the right RNG like 20+times in one fight in a very tight turn schedule to make it.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Acheron is insane in every game mode. I used her in PF on a side that didn't even show a Lightning weakness, and she still easily got the 40k points.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean other cahracters have RNG too, its just not as obvious. if you're running a 70% crit character its entirely possible for them to miss every crit on their big ult

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Not a fan of Hoyo's seeming attempt to try to drive Erudition characters out of the one tiny niche they've found for themselves by making all the enemies in PF tankier and doubling the number of elites.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
I went with this for Pure Fiction. No limited eidolons or light cones, fairly average gear apart from Herta and Sampo who are in terrible gear and traced up to 8. I thought getting a limited lightning character might see me retiring Serval but I guess there is life in the old gal yet.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Bland posted:

Not a fan of Hoyo's seeming attempt to try to drive Erudition characters out of the one tiny niche they've found for themselves by making all the enemies in PF tankier and doubling the number of elites.

Also noticed that Acheron is a better Erudition unit than Argenti in some cases too, which is good since I went e2r1 but bad because I liked Argenti and went heavy on his traces as well as getting his LC. Still nice for farming calyxs but stuff like the Swarm boss, where he is even on type, Acheron team is doing way better.

I’ll try PF tonight and see how it is, but it’s not sounding great.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Cleared 3-stars on PF 4 using the following teams:

Himeko/Herta/Ruan Mei/Lynx

Acheron/Sparkle/Pela/Huohuo

Could probably have done better removing Lynx in the first half and replacing her with Tingyun or Bronya or something.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Side one didn't go too well, but side 2 had more than a full turn remaining. Jing Yuan's Lightning Lord delivered the coup de grace of 1.1 million damage against Cocolia as a single target.

Don't bother with sustain, just blast and break.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Ugh, this PF is rough. Last PF I got 12*, and all previous ones I had 11*. In MoC I've gotten 35* or 36*. This PF I currently have... 8*. I couldn't even 3* the third one, lol. I'm not really sure what to do about it, and honestly it went so poorly I probably won't bother trying. Seems like this combo of enemies+buffs just doesn't work well with my roster.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

GateOfD posted:

QQ hasn't really been pulling her weight as her reputation in this thread says she is, even with Sparkle support.

Skill issue.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Bland posted:

I got by fine combing Argenti/Herta/Ruan Mei, but yeah not great if this trend keeps increasing.

rio posted:

Also noticed that Acheron is a better Erudition unit than Argenti in some cases too, which is good since I went e2r1 but bad because I liked Argenti and went heavy on his traces as well as getting his LC. Still nice for farming calyxs but stuff like the Swarm boss, where he is even on type, Acheron team is doing way better.

I’ll try PF tonight and see how it is, but it’s not sounding great.

For the Swarm weekly boss, I like using Argenti/Sushang/Ruan Mei. She's a pretty solid sub dps and covers his weakness. You use his cheap ult to clear the aoe and she hammers the boss.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Agonisingly close to 80k on this PF, can wipe side 1 no problem with Herta and Argenti but my Acheron isn't fully geared and falls just short. Haven't had a chance to get Sigonia sets for anyone either.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
The annoying thing for Side 1 is that ice is listed as a weakness but Gepard isn't weak to ice, only physical. So it's tough mobs with mixed weaknesses too. Putting Acheron on Side 1 is probably the better choice than Side 2, even if Side 2 is all lightning weak and fits a Kafka/Black Swan team well. Argenti owners are probably doing just fine with Side 1 though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Detheros posted:

Skill issue.

To be fair, Quinque doesn't belong in Pure Fiction.

Eimi posted:

I got by fine combing Argenti/Herta/Ruan Mei, but yeah not great if this trend keeps increasing.

For the Swarm weekly boss, I like using Argenti/Sushang/Ruan Mei. She's a pretty solid sub dps and covers his weakness. You use his cheap ult to clear the aoe and she hammers the boss.

We've had power spikes like this before. This Pure Fiction feels like it's designed to make you pull for Acheron and Jingliu. We won't know of this is the new baseline for another month when the next one comes out.

As for the Swarm boss, I like Argenti and Clara. Them with Pela and Luocha is just an easy afk while I go do whatever.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
There will be more elites with more health replacing normal mobs until morale improves.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Baiard posted:

The annoying thing for Side 1 is that ice is listed as a weakness but Gepard isn't weak to ice, only physical. So it's tough mobs with mixed weaknesses too. Putting Acheron on Side 1 is probably the better choice than Side 2, even if Side 2 is all lightning weak and fits a Kafka/Black Swan team well. Argenti owners are probably doing just fine with Side 1 though.

Not really. I did manage to hit 32k on Side 1, once. I think I have an idea for 2 teams that should work.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

thanks, gallagher. epic result.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Now roll two more :twisted:

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Bland posted:

At least they are not very killy, I've been brute forcing PF despite not having good erudition/dot/FUA by running suicidal teams like seele, sparke, ting and ruan mei. All in on offence with somewhat balanced sp gen teams have met the 30K+ quota for me even if someone died on the way.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

March's next form is going to be free, like the MC switching paths.

Oh, I didn't know that! I just assumed it would be like Dan IL and we'd have to roll for it

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I think it's more that they want her 5* transformation to be much later so she's getting something in the middle of that along the way instead of nothing.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I will say, I absolutely hate how much rng is involved in Pure Fiction. I've had runs where I've gotten 35k on the first half of 4 and ones with 25k. Same team and everything.

It's definitely become more tedious than MoC so far.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

At the same time, I do enjoy the puzzle like nature of it. The first half is locked in as Argenti, Herta, and Pela using the Ultimate buff. In order for my Herta to have enough damage, she needs either Jing Yuan's or Argenti’s lightcone. However, Argenti does enough damage with just S5 Another Peaceful Day. He might even be able to get away with Himeko's lightcone. Now, I just need to optimize the second half. I have managed to get 58k, so eventually the rng will be in my favor.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

shrach posted:

I went with this for Pure Fiction. No limited eidolons or light cones, fairly average gear apart from Herta and Sampo who are in terrible gear and traced up to 8. I thought getting a limited lightning character might see me retiring Serval but I guess there is life in the old gal yet.

I subbed in Kafka for Serval but this setup worked beautifully, easy 3 star. Can recommend.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Excelzior posted:

I subbed in Kafka for Serval but this setup worked beautifully, easy 3 star. Can recommend.

Just have 3 of the 4 current strongest characters in the game. Easy. :)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Bad Video Games posted:

Just have 3 of the 4 current strongest characters in the game. Easy. :)

oh wow its the writer of every guide on game8

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Finally got it!!

Definitely getting the impression, from what everyone else used, that not pulling Acheron is going to make max-starring these endgame modes extremely friggin' difficult for me for the rest of the game's lifespan, lol. C'est la vie!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean this cycle is specifically designed to, complement acheron. later cycles will complement whatever other character is on rateup. they arent going to be acheron-focused forever.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bland posted:

Took me a few tries but Erudition is definitely Not Dead, cmon

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Erudeadtion

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/lgbtanime/status/1774321609110852010

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Izzhov posted:

Finally got it!!

Grats, that is an epic team 1.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What buffs are people using? The ultimate buff is great for the first half, but the second half remains a puzzle.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Supposedly you're supposed to use the second buff for Acheron in part 2. Shatter on skill sucks and Ultimate advance wants at least 2 people with damaging ults I think. If you focus everything on one dps they clear the screen and then you have no damage for the refill.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Prydwen has Jing Yuan and Kafka higher tier than the mid-tier Acheron for Pure Fiction.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Eej posted:

Supposedly you're supposed to use the second buff for Acheron in part 2. Shatter on skill sucks and Ultimate advance wants at least 2 people with damaging ults I think. If you focus everything on one dps they clear the screen and then you have no damage for the refill.

The 2nd buff works well with Acheron because it charges her meter whenever the enemy acts, just like the Trends LC on a tank. Doesn't stack though since they happen on the same enemy action. The other two buffs kinda suck in general so I'm not sure what to do with them.