Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/1774580799720861849

imagine being a texas senator and posting this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Intruder posted:

Man if only I could run around demonstrating this level of ignorance and contempt for the people I’m meant to represent and be rewarded with a public position of power, rather than being rightfully disregarded as a useless rear end in a top hat with terrible taste

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

I’m assuming the war is lost.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

*james darnell voice*

what da helllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Silly Burrito posted:

I’m assuming the war is lost.

Brand new version of the Lost Cause myth.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

News only BlindSite will care about but I caved and bought another watch. Decided to whittle my collection to 2 serious watches (and some old Gshocks for work and play).

Bought a Seiko PADI Monster. I’ve been reluctant to buy automatics because they aren’t as precise but honestly I don’t need that accuracy on my days off, and I loving love the way it looks.

Nice.

Im really tempted lately by the new citizen 8s that are just ripping off an AP Royal Oak but I really can't justify it rn.

Great choice on the monster though. I wish I had a bigger wrist or I'd wear one as my daily.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/lebatardshowfan/status/1774946482052907344

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kalli posted:

And finally, this is just ridiculous athleticism:

https://twitter.com/nmsnpwz/status/1774346421095088327

I believe the move is called Whirling Candy, and yeah, unreal.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Leperflesh posted:

Like, you need some cash for emergencies, but who is saying it's better to have loads of cash and carry debt? That's not right.

Depends on the debt. My auto loan from 2020 is at 2.7% APR, so although I could pay it off and eliminate that debt, I make more keeping that money invested instead.

None of that applies to ridiculous 14% APR loans though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Caitlin gets her revenge. Bye bitch Kim.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Caitlin gets her revenge. Bye bitch Kim.

Sucks that Angel got hurt. I hope she returns. But go Iowa. Smoke the rest of them and hopefully SC too.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

wtf is that spaghetti sauce or something?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

momma wanted steak for dinner so i made steaks for the family

S&P, butter basted w/ thyme and rosemary then thrown in the oven for a few minutes to get it to temp after the sear (flipped once in the pan, once in the oven). Leftover garlic and onion herbed mashed potatoes from Easter and bagged steamed vegetables. Next time I'll do 45 seconds less on each side when it's in the oven since I like mine rarer than everyone else. I also made a sauce with the leftover bits in the pan with worchestershire, lots of black pepper, and whole milk cause I didn't have cream or any liquor to deglaze with.

I want to cook more often as my April Fool's Resolution so I will be making chicken tinola tomorrow

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I feel really bad for Hailey Van Lith. She is so sick she has to get IV hydration before the game, then is tasked with guarding the best player in the country who is shooting at a range that Steph Curry thinks is too far and her coach didn't do poo poo to help her. Now everyone is dunking on her for having a bad game and unable to guard Clark, as if it was a simple thing to do.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

I feel really bad for Hailey Van Lith. She is so sick she has to get IV hydration before the game, then is tasked with guarding the best player in the country who is shooting at a range that Steph Curry thinks is too far and her coach didn't do poo poo to help her. Now everyone is dunking on her for having a bad game and unable to guard Clark, as if it was a simple thing to do.

True, but she just hasn't meshed with the team at all since she came over. She hit a three in the beginning, then was pretty much ice cold on offense the whole game.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Her game doesn't really fit into the LSU style but maybe her next team will work out.

Great game overall, the refs did a much better job of not trying to make themselves the star of the show. If Caitlin's 3 is on and the supporting cast hits 50% of their shots, they are basically unbeatable but that South Carolina team is going to be a tough hurdle after Iowa's emotional win.

However, lol at this

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

I feel a little bad for it, but besides having a quiet soft spot for NCSU athletics (thanks to Amato poking holes in Bowden’s FSU and the pack being one of the few frequently televised college baseball teams in the 90s in SC for some reason), I really enjoyed that Duke’s loss to an in state team has got to be eating at my mother in law.

It’s petty but she’s been a real rear end in a top hat this year and her sanctimonious Duke poo poo is pretty annoying.

I know I should be more mature, but gently caress that.

I'm 24 hours past this post but friend, never feel bad for enjoying the suffering of a Duke fan.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BlindSite posted:

Great choice on the monster though. I wish I had a bigger wrist or I'd wear one as my daily.

It’ll make a nice compliment to the Arnie I think. Never been a bracelet guy but this one looks pretty good. I’ll still probably toss it on a marine nationale or a NATO.

I hadn’t seen those Series 8s but that black/blue 880 GMT looks rad as hell.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Both of that lady’s car payments are higher than my mortgage

Same, and I live in the middle of Los Angeles.

Idiots like this lady (what's wrong with her face?) are how the GOP sells the myth that they are the party that's good for the economy, the same poo poo happened in Obama's first term. Oh you can't get loans for $200k worth of personal use vehicles on your combined $55k salaries anymore? Sounds like it's the president's fault

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ether Frenzy posted:

However, lol at this

Now that's funny.

This, however, is some Gillberg-level pyro.

https://x.com/jon_greenberg/status/1774859237400678687?s=20

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yay. It's the cubs.

That's hilarious.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

Now that's funny.

Effects budget going straight to MAGA SuperPACs.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Now that's funny.

I heard Excalibur yell "Oh my...Oh my God!" at that lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dango Bango posted:

I heard Excalibur yell "Oh my...Oh my God!" at that lol

RUN EDDIE RUN, SAVE JON MOXLEY

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait how do you have a place in the middle of La for half my mortgage

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

Now that's funny.

Shoutout to the lady who said "Why are they still trying?"

Intruder posted:

I legit thought these were supposed to be like buffalo wings or something

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I legit thought these were supposed to be like buffalo wings or something

lol same

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My dad got a ridge line. Those things are pretty sweet.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVMOlos4kVg

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ether Frenzy posted:

Same, and I live in the middle of Los Angeles.

Idiots like this lady (what's wrong with her face?) are how the GOP sells the myth that they are the party that's good for the economy, the same poo poo happened in Obama's first term. Oh you can't get loans for $200k worth of personal use vehicles on your combined $55k salaries anymore? Sounds like it's the president's fault

NYT had a piece today about the high cost of living in Phoenix and one section featured a couple making 200k complaining they couldn't get a 3/2 with a pool, a large yard for their dog, and no adjacency to apartments that could look into their yard, in Scottsdale for less than 550k as evidence of the "poor economic situation"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Qwijib0 posted:

NYT had a piece today about the high cost of living in Phoenix and one section featured a couple making 200k complaining they couldn't get a 3/2 with a pool, a large yard for their dog, and no adjacency to apartments that could look into their yard, in Scottsdale for less than 550k as evidence of the "poor economic situation"

NYT is so bad nowadays. I feel like it's really degraded in quality journalism over the last 15 years or so. Or maybe I'm more discerning. I'm not sure which.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

NYT is so bad nowadays. I feel like it's really degraded in quality journalism over the last 15 years or so. Or maybe I'm more discerning. I'm not sure which.

Journalism quality has degraded overall because no one but wealthy fail kids can afford to do it anymore.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
It's officially called "THE FAILING NEW YORK TIMES!" now isn't it?

edit: not enough capitalization

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I've been riding my buck a month edu NYT subscription to it for a decade and a half and they let me know that gravy train is over and I'm going to have to pay close to regular rate so now I need to actually decide if I'm getting that value from it

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
You can either copy and paste the URLs into archive.ph to strip the login protection, or just Google Winnetka (or other rich places) nyt library login and get infinite 3 day passes for your account

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

trevorreznik posted:

You can either copy and paste the URLs into archive.ph to strip the login protection, or just Google Winnetka (or other rich places) nyt library login and get infinite 3 day passes for your account

Winnetka for the win

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Just found out our 15 year old Bassett has Lymphoma as she has heavy swelling on the lower part of her neck. They upped her Prednisone and it's basically as long as she's doing good just enjoy the time with her.

So hug your pets and enjoy them for me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

SundayMoney posted:

Just found out our 15 year old Bassett has Lymphoma as she has heavy swelling on the lower part of her neck. They upped her Prednisone and it's basically as long as she's doing good just enjoy the time with her.

Ah gently caress sorry bud :(

Lots of pets and people food incoming I’m sure.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

SundayMoney posted:

Sorry to hear this :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

She’s a perfect dog and will play in Valhalla