Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

my bony fealty posted:

I was assured Leticia James was going to start seizing Trump's properties any day now.

Even if he loses all his appeals and becoming president again doesn't create the definitely going to happen forcefield, it was still probably going to take years before the state could ever get ahold of a single thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

loquacius posted:

My mother-in-law converted to Catholicism, married an Italian man, and is attempting to live her life as an Italian woman

still thinking about this. has she purchased an accordion yet?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Automata 10 Pack posted:

shout out to two real ones:

Holy poo poo those got upgraded to bans? Jesus Christ.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
koos group is more of a blanket carpet banning fan

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I think the reason given for the jakabite ban ("Posting about a topic from which you are banned on D&D, and comparing me to a fascist covering up the Holocaust because I temporarily closed a thread.") mischaracterizes the post. the last part seems to imply that it's an absurd comparison, since all koos did was close a thread. but the group in the hypothetical being equated with modern D&D mods are also mods of an (anachronistic, naturally) internet forum. the only change in the hypothetical is replacing Germans with Israelis and Jews with Palestinians. so if those hypothetical 1940s mods were "fascists covering up the holocaust," well, what could that mean?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

I like how yeowch my balls was banned for "being forumbanned", cleverly avoiding the need to actually engage with the topic at hand

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

how is any of this newsworthy why didnt they just talk to literally any other teenager about literally any other topic instead

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

where is someone to photoshop this visit to make it seem less problematic when you need them
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1774954848363925523

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

I like how yeowch my balls was banned for "being forumbanned", cleverly avoiding the need to actually engage with the topic at hand

thank you for acknowledging that it was clever. some of these freaking tankies are so bad faith

gauntanamo bae
Mar 11, 2024

gradenko_2000 posted:

golly, its almost like those forumbans were just eliminating the mod's choice of dissenting view

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

how is any of this newsworthy why didnt they just talk to literally any other teenager about literally any other topic instead
they are jealous of germany de facto banning protests

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

am i supposed to be parsing that image as tightening a belt or someone taking a belt off because theyre about to beat me with it

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Automata 10 Pack posted:

days without the mods having a normal one: 0

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

am i supposed to be parsing that image as tightening a belt or someone taking a belt off because theyre about to beat me with it

Kuleshov effect, but with the fun twist of it depends on how you interpret Mattyg's face

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

General Bullshit posted:

Dems getting super excited about screwing over the union dockworkers and replacing the pier with waterfront condos funded by drug money.

when u think about it they brought it upon themselves by considering voting for trump

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i was listening to this on the bbc newshour today and their response to that point i poo poo you not was well the united states intelligence community will lie to people if they think its in the best interest of the united states to avoid antagonizing russia

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

FistEnergy posted:

Yep this burger order gives me more confidence in his mental acuity than anything Biden has done in years

thinking about how in early 2020 the biden campaign was basically bankrupt but still spending hundred of dollars of campaign donations on jenis ice cream parties for the staff then looking at trumps implausibly affordable burger order and just going hmmm

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

kind of weird for qcs to have threads on holodomor genocide denial, uighur genocide denial, russian genocide denial, and so on but none on palestine. i assume the questions are merely already settled to satisfaction.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

kind of weird for qcs to have threads on holodomor genocide denial, uighur genocide denial, russian genocide denial, and so on but none on palestine. i assume the questions are merely already settled to satisfaction.

scared to post a thread?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

speng31b posted:

scared to post a thread?

he is

speng31b
May 8, 2010

wwgd, cbo?

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

God willing it is a hint to Matty's chokejerking addiction and we soon get the funniest possible capstone to his story arc

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

speng31b posted:

wwgd, cbo?
glenn is in favor of hate speech

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

I think the reason given for the jakabite ban ("Posting about a topic from which you are banned on D&D, and comparing me to a fascist covering up the Holocaust because I temporarily closed a thread.") mischaracterizes the post. the last part seems to imply that it's an absurd comparison, since all koos did was close a thread. but the group in the hypothetical being equated with modern D&D mods are also mods of an (anachronistic, naturally) internet forum. the only change in the hypothetical is replacing Germans with Israelis and Jews with Palestinians. so if those hypothetical 1940s mods were "fascists covering up the holocaust," well, what could that mean?

Koos is cultivating calm Hitlers and dislikes when people point it out.

I wonder if anyone will do something about Koos's obviously moderation bias. There's years of data points at this point.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

RC Cola posted:

I wonder if anyone will do something about Koos's obviously moderation bias. There's years of data points at this point.

koos loves compliments about the calmness of his hitlers, actually.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

koos is ftw lmfao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
very cool that all the people upset about Biden selling F-15s to the Israelis wants them to be sent to Ukraine instead

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

very cool that all the people upset about Biden selling F-15s to the Israelis wants them to be sent to Ukraine instead

agreed, that would be very cool

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

speng31b posted:

agreed, that would be very cool

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A sane person looks at the state of the world and says "wars are really poo poo, let's stop mass murdering people to sate the egos of a handful of ancient politicians and the MIC's lust for profit"

The liberal just says "it's fine as long as we kill the right people"

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Lib and let die posted:

koos is ftw lmfao

oh koos is an elon I get it

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

do you

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

does anyone have the chuck asay comic where the tea party teams up with occupy wall street handy

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Gripweed posted:

lmao koos you are such a little bitch

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

there is exactly as much evidence for the scary Russiane energy weapon and the scary Russian commandos who wield it as there is for the claims of a UFO crash retrieval program that has recovered non-human technology and bodies. less actually.

i mean sure but the people telling us about the russian energy weapon are from serious institutions not wacky cranks everyone knows that serious institutions would never intentionally lie to us aside from all those times they did

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

lmao koos you are such a little bitch

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Meat Miracle posted:

God willing it is a hint to Matty's chokejerking addiction and we soon get the funniest possible capstone to his story arc

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

RC Cola posted:

reminder to everyone that the bit about cultivating the calmest hitlers is not just a statement about his mod style

it is literally quoting his own words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Nobody ever wants to address the real elephant in the room: the fact that you can't report mod posts.