Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Long-Time Lurker posted:

For real? This is the most baffling release so far.

Yuta is going to WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Long-Time Lurker posted:

For real? This is the most baffling release so far.

Never trust jungle boy or qop posts when it comes to news. Always trust them when it comes to hot takes

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

wheeler yuta has been compromised to a permanent end

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can understand most of the releases if you were going to do releases except for The Boys (today) and Jose. Dasha doesn't make a ton of sense either because they were using her more than ever but Tony did seem enamored with Bobby Cruise in Boston.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

GOOD

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Jerusalem posted:

Getting rid of The Boys just as Castle is facing Johnny TV is utterly baffling.

Yeah this is genuinely bizarre, The Boys are a centerpiece to this whole feud, and are an indispensable part of Dalton's presentation. I guess they're gonna go back to just having extras as Boys instead of dedicated Boys but it's still so strange.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

Never trust jungle boy or qop posts when it comes to news. Always trust them when it comes to hot takes

i’m always eventually right. steel drum boy isn’t making it to 2025

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
truly my trust has been busted

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'm way madder than I expected at Jose. He was such a fun element in LFI. I know with RUSH's injury & visa issues they haven't done much but come on.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

maybe TK thought Punk being an idiot today would give him cover for being one, too

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

today was the day Tony Khan finally became the boss

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

today was the day Tony Khan finally became the boss

CEO

CEO

CEO

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Some baffling releases here

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm just pissed at releases in general. Unless I'm misunderstanding why couldn't they ride the contract out and then just not pick them back up?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

xbilkis posted:

The Boys...before the Johnny TV/Dalton Fight Without Honor...what are you doing Tony

Most of the releases suck to varying degrees but this is the one that baffles me the most. Kinda gross to realize now that the storyline of The Boys being "lost" by Johnny and Taya wasn't to set up any triumphant return (which up until now I thought would be part of the match's finish), it was just cover to get them off TV until they could be released.

This is the worst I've felt about being an AEW fan in a very long time.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Disgusting that Tony would release wrestlers on the holiday dedicated to marks.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

punk dunk hour yes yes
weird bad timing releases no no

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Captain Foo posted:

punk dunk hour yes yes
weird bad timing releases no no

Real rollercoaster of a day

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Yeah this is genuinely bizarre, The Boys are a centerpiece to this whole feud, and are an indispensable part of Dalton's presentation. I guess they're gonna go back to just having extras as Boys instead of dedicated Boys but it's still so strange.

In hindsight, that whole angle was seemingly engineered to explain away why Dalton won't have the Boys anymore in the future. I think Johnny TV and Taya even mentioned they lost the Boys in the mountains and hinted that they might have been eaten by bears?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Why did Joe Biden make Tony Khan do this? :mad:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I assume most of these are just contracts being timed to the quarter start, but it's stupid not to keep Dasha and half of these.

Hope it's a very bad taste April's fools

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

gently caress this

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
People wanted Tony to be a boss and not a friend and here we are

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

wish.com brock lesnar catching strays from recent events

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Releases are always lovely. At least with someone like Slim J you can understand that he did his part in early ROH and it was probably time for him to go. Cutting active roster members like The Boys, Dasha, or Jose is genuinely bizarre, and cutting an injured talent like Anthony Henry specifically is just scummy. Unless there's some kind of story that comes out about talent requesting a release or similar, yeah. Bad vibes.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'm way madder than I expected at Jose. He was such a fun element in LFI. I know with RUSH's injury & visa issues they haven't done much but come on.

seriously, he was a lot of fun and added a lot to lfi, also how much could Jose the Assistant possibly be adding to the books i mean, cmon. none of em really seem like they'd be big cost-cutters either even if that's the excuse given from the billionaire. i mean, dasha?? THE BOYS?? i know okada and mone and ospreay cost a lot but the boys arent making up that gap

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
The only baffling releases to me, is Dasha and Jose.

Everyone else, well, gravity had a real botchy match the last time I saw him on tv when he was teaming with kommander

Everyone else I haven't seen on tv in a while or I'm personally not familiar.

The Boys, though I will agree that they should've kept these specific boys for the storyline and then release them after unless they're going to do a pay per appearance type contract with the twins

I don't know :shrug:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

releasing henry while he's injured is pretty gross. releasing dasha and the boys while they're featured on tv/in storylines is just loving insane. what the hell is happening in the iggy

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

the curse of the Fish is finally doing its work :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jose being gone I legit thought was a joke :psyduck:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

the curse of the Fish is finally doing its work :(

A lethal injection of poisson

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

fez_machine posted:

A lethal injection of piss

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Releases are always lovely. At least with someone like Slim J you can understand that he did his part in early ROH and it was probably time for him to go. Cutting active roster members like The Boys, Dasha, or Jose is genuinely bizarre, and cutting an injured talent like Anthony Henry specifically is just scummy. Unless there's some kind of story that comes out about talent requesting a release or similar, yeah. Bad vibes.

Yeah, releasing an injured guy (who I think was about to be in the tag tournament before it?) is the kind of stuff people would be real mad at WWE for doing too. Strange, bad stuff.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

fez_machine posted:

A lethal injection of poisson

:golfclap:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Disgusting that Tony would release wrestlers on the holiday dedicated to marks.

lmao

MorningMoon posted:

I assume most of these are just contracts being timed to the quarter start, but it's stupid not to keep Dasha and half of these.

Hope it's a very bad taste April's fools

april fools would be like "we named our world champ 'C.E-Joe', Tony to step down" or something, not "remember the kid that looks like a young wish.com brock lesnar? no? come on, you remember. name like a preppy cajun. you sure? oh well - he doesn't work here anymore! wait, yes he does! april fools!"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

We knew there would be a price for Okada, Osprey, and Mone'.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Miro's contract could have paid for all of these releases lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It sucks Anthony Henry got cut while injured but I'm not going to get angry at a company releasing someone who was injured on another show more than any other release. I'm genuinely surprised a lot of people were on full time deals, most people on the list never got the All Elite graphic and were on the Tier 0 per appearance deals during the pandemic. I'm wondering when that changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Everyone is already doing the mad at Dasha and Jose so I'll take the low ground and be Jora Johl was still employed?