Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Leal posted:

Anyone got the image of someone who had a Donkey Kong avatar and they said "I'm coming for you bitch"?

lol it was epic prison guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol yeah

I think ppl just assumed I was a girl due to my previous avs, when anyone with a brain would recognize I have a fairly 50/50 split amongst my avs historically

They're just characters I liked/identified with, it's not that deep

only a girl could like Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV that much

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Southern Cassowary posted:

i wasn't reading sa much when all the troubles poo poo went down. i saw the vice article and bnr pop up and i've seen people talk about the troubles and koala's march but idk much of what actually went down - who were people so mad at and why?

the short version is that a few bands of psychos were after anyone perceived as a posting enemy. by which they meant "anyone who is not with us". no one knew what "with us" meant. the most virulent band was the KM-adjacent crew who said SA was insufficiently safe for vulnerable groups and insufficiently leftist

when they were eventually thrown out made bnr naturally there was a creepy sexual harassment scandal literally in the first 2 weeks of the joint's creation so you know they were doing just fantastic at protecting women online

it was Big because lowtax got influenced by them, shortly before he had his fall

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

there was a "legitimate" Forums Coup going for a minute lol

there was an april fools forums coup at the same time the real coup was happening

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Kins posted:

Don't worry. Vice itself probably won't be up much longer.

Vice has been "not up much longer" for years now, sadly. any day now

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

there was an april fools forums coup at the same time the real coup was happening

still is

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

all you need to know is that lowtax closed FYAD and then when he was getting torn apart after he was outed as an abuser he reopened FYAD and tried to pretend nothing happened while FYAD roasted and threatened to bodyslam him repeatedly and he closed it again

lowtax literally clicked the Nuke button when trying to delete FYAD forever, including archvies

and the only reason it didn't work is bc jeff saw that in the Matrix or w/e and disabled it

it's the single greatest thing jeffrey has ever done

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lowtax literally clicked the Nuke button when trying to delete FYAD forever, including archvies

and the only reason it didn't work is bc jeff saw that in the Matrix or w/e and disabled it

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

commenting out a slur in the code to disarm the bomb

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

there was a "legitimate" Forums Coup going for a minute lol
With a war-and-peace-length sticky announcement afterwards By The Gun Forum Moderator That We Are Forbidden From Describing trying to explain that the bad april fools prank actually had another bad april fools prank inside of it and furthermore

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Alaois posted:

only a girl could like Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV that much

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

How the hell was that four years ago already

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Coolguye posted:

the most virulent band was the KM-adjacent crew who said SA was insufficiently safe for vulnerable groups and insufficiently leftist

What gets me about this was one of the LPers who left this site invoking this as to the REAL reason they left the website, despite having left like 2 years beforehand and tweeting that out months after Jeff debunked it all

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fajita Queen posted:

How the hell was that four years ago already
Time flies when you're screaming internally during the 12th consecutive state-wide covid lockdown.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

jack daniels getting permabanned for being a nazi and then getting un permabanned because it was stupid and multiple goons quaking in fear at the return of jack daniels

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

Vice has been "not up much longer" for years now, sadly. any day now

no but actually this time lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

good

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Leal posted:

What gets me about this was one of the LPers who left this site invoking this as to the REAL reason they left the website, despite having left like 2 years beforehand and tweeting that out months after Jeff debunked it all

who the hell was that

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What exactly was the LP exodus? Mad that lowtax wasn't going to pay them or something?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lowtax made a video with his daughter after the shmorky incident where they called him a pedophile and lowtax showed her some of shmorky's art many LPers were angry about this and lowtax shadowbanned them and in protest many of them autobanned themselves

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

IIRC several people were upset at Lowtax because of his filming a video of his young daughter making fun of Shmorkey while covered in maxi pads or something? People treated them as thin-skinned and humorless at the time, but, uh, yeah

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

man, Raidou kicks so much rear end

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

pentyne posted:

What exactly was the LP exodus? Mad that lowtax wasn't going to pay them or something?

a lot of it happened when the abuser stuff came out. LP makes content so a lot of people were like "well we make content and that drives signups".

imho at least how dumb that is depends directly on how much drama you made on the way out. 99% of LP makers, including myself, are complete nobodies so pretending like anyone should care when you take your ball and go home was ridiculous. but a lot of us just were like "well gently caress it then", left a forwarding address, and stopped posting until jeff took over.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I might be misremembering but I want to say TieTuesday severed from Lowtax a long time before all this stuff came out because he got bad vibes from a joke Rich made and thought, hmm, this guy's probably a shithead I'm out.

Now Tie makes enough off his streaming career to afford a house. It's not jerma money but it's a living.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i can't & won't ever hate on someone leaving due to lowtax induced crimes, even if they may have been misguided in doing so

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

feel like poo poo, just want him back

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Arf posting, in the speedrunning thread, totally normal posts and appending 'but I'm not going to watch it' on one single evening caused more reports than there were posts of his to report. People were PMing in extra reports.

Haha cool

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Alaois posted:

feel like poo poo, just want him back

Chad Gouto never gets old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1dV6VSoHsc&t=5s

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
im gonna be living in ff7 rebirth for ages but when i finally escape should i go for the dds games or devil summoner as a follow-up to having finished nocturne

or i could go sideways into persona 3 considering it just got a good rerelease

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i wanna eventually deep dive smt stuff including the old titles but i feel like i should probably have more than 3 and 5 under my belt before i try to play through 1 or strange journey or whatever lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Coolguye posted:

who the hell was that

https://twitter.com/chipcheezum/status/1315311649864245248

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i think lowtax once complained about slowbeef hating him now "for no reason" and i wonder what that reason was because i am sure it was a good reason lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

IIRC Chip was/is married to one of the LPers who banned themselves over the Shmorky video and got a torrent of abuse from Richard and his more dimwitted followers afterwards.

Still lol tho

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yea chip is with voidburger and has been for a long, long time now

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it was voidburger that started the exodus when lowtax shadowbanned her lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Coolguye posted:

the short version is that a few bands of psychos were after anyone perceived as a posting enemy. by which they meant "anyone who is not with us". no one knew what "with us" meant. the most virulent band was the KM-adjacent crew who said SA was insufficiently safe for vulnerable groups and insufficiently leftist

when they were eventually thrown out made bnr naturally there was a creepy sexual harassment scandal literally in the first 2 weeks of the joint's creation so you know they were doing just fantastic at protecting women online

it was Big because lowtax got influenced by them, shortly before he had his fall

i wa snt reading/posting much and heard like 3rd hand about Evil Kiwifarms Doxxing Harrassers and went "roger that" due ot trusting the ppl telling me + too much twitter brain. only after i actually read stuff mtyself was it clear it was some deranged nonsense and the ppl telling me also hadnt looked at what was going on properly. v nasty behavior of invoking the worst stuff possible hoping people would be wary of questioning it due ot the severity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the genuine racism megathread