Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Who knew Mr. Pringle was on the side of the imperialsts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

I was going to say something like "imagine the savings" but if you weren't paying the weregild or sending supplies in the first place ...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
the fact that it made it to the front and didn't get sold as sex dummies is proof no expense spared

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Weird i thought they just mobilized 150k dummies, that was fast training.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

haddedam posted:

Weird i thought they just mobilized 150k dummies, that was fast training.

No, the reason for the mobilization is that the material used to make the dummies makes them too valuable. The new conscripts are being brought in as a cheaper alternative.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/GloOouD/status/1775034184873939301
Mein monke......
possible :nms:

zone fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 2, 2024

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I know "what air defense doing?" Is a bit of a meme but that thing looked like a Cessna. How was it not intercepted?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

the fact that it made it to the front and didn't get sold as sex dummies is proof no expense spared

"Russia Evading Sex Arse Sanctions"

zone
Dec 6, 2016

freelop posted:

I know "what air defense doing?" Is a bit of a meme but that thing looked like a Cessna. How was it not intercepted?

Every bit of working air defense is already in theater, surrounding Moscow, or being used as a terror weapon, they can't protect everything now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Alan Smithee posted:

which ep is this

S07E20, "Bart on the Road".

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1775037321731080393

Would be quite the score if Ukraine managed to hit the drone complex in Yelabuga.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

zone posted:

Every bit of working air defense is already in theater, surrounding Moscow, or being used as a terror weapon, they can't protect everything now.

Their air defense sure is in theater, it's a farce of a show and none of it hits the mark!

:stat::wal:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

This is only to fool the administration. You have an officer on the front pocketing payslips for each dummy

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

freelop posted:

zone posted:

I doubt they ever could. Even superpowers don't have "cessna intercept" levels of air defense in a solid ring around their countries and definitely not an umbrella over the entire country; see 9/11.

Not to say Ukraine didn't have to do interesting routing and other tricks to make this work - it is an achievement, but they're assisted by the advantage lying with the attacker right now.
At least, with regards to the 70s/80s tech being used. :getin:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tiaz posted:

I doubt they ever could. Even superpowers don't have "cessna intercept" levels of air defense in a solid ring around their countries and definitely not an umbrella over the entire country; see 9/11.

Not to say Ukraine didn't have to do interesting routing and other tricks to make this work - it is an achievement, but they're assisted by the advantage lying with the attacker right now.

Even the Soviet Union at it's peak didn't have Cessna-intercept levels of air defense. :v:

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

tiaz posted:

9/11 was hijacked planes - i.e., they would have been within air defense umbrellas already

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

beer_war posted:

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1775037321731080393

Would be quite the score if Ukraine managed to hit the drone complex in Yelabuga.

it seems they damaged only the dormitory next to the drone factory

drones also hit refinery in Tatarstan

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Even the Soviet Union at it's peak didn't have Cessna-intercept levels of air defense. :v:

You could probably fly all the way to Moscow and land in the Red Square at this rate :buddy:

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Neddy Seagoon, Captain Splendid posted:

:golfclap:

Visions of Valerie posted:

9/11 was hijacked planes - i.e., they would have been within air defense umbrellas already

sure but it was multiple aircraft over hours, "cessna-intercept levels of defense" suggests you're toast once IFF sorts itself out. And as noted there's the Rust example where he had absolutely no cover as a scheduled commercial. noone has best possible air defense coverage of their entire border.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

And here come the conspiracy theories, right on schedule. Small mercies that they didn't blame the Baltic states this time.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1775081001334485335

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Russia screeching how it's the victim every time they get dinged by Ukraine is never not funny.

End drone strikes on Russia with one weird step: going the gently caress home.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Russia should get the gently caress out of Ukraine

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Turns out it's just one guy with a lot of rope and he's Weekend At Bernie'sing the entire war.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

And every other country they have agents in.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Another in the "NATO is at fault for me making GBS threads myself this morning" series.

:dafuq:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
And CIA funded

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Holy poo poo they're really going with 'NATO warlocks' as a propaganda tactic :stare:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

That's not very anti-imperialist of you!

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Watching the excel mans video on weapon exports and I'm glad to see the internet has memed and bullied entire russian arms industry into non existence with factories not being able to fulfill their projected profit.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1775074567590981673
Holy loving cringe.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

CommissarMega posted:

Holy poo poo they're really going with 'NATO warlocks' as a propaganda tactic :stare:

To be fair, you can't trust those warlocks, oath breakers, to a man.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

McGavin posted:

Turns out it's just one guy with a lot of rope and he's Weekend At Bernie'sing the entire war.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACLti_WtMbk

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

literally the Russian cryjack meme lol

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

What is this naked party and why the hell should I care about it?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dwesa posted:

Another in the "NATO is at fault for me making GBS threads myself this morning" series.

:dafuq:

Naked parties and Islamist false flags the Mormons at Langley have truly expanded their playbook

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Breaking: Mafia state sues CIA for emotional damage.
I'd say the 3DSMO has done more to split and degrade Russian youth.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Check out the photos on Google maps for Alabuga Polytech.

I guess the Ukrainians were aiming for the car factories (likely converted to drone factories) next door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Samovar posted:

What is this naked party and why the hell should I care about it?

At the end of last year, bunch of Russian celebrities (including that pro-Kremlin weirdo Kirkorov) had a private party where the dress code was "almost naked". Pro-Kremlin politicians and milbloggers were mad that celebrities were partying while soldiers were dying in the trenches and so on (which is basically no departure from the normal functioning of the Russian "elites"), and attending celebs faced backlash and some faced some formal punishment.