Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Yinlock posted:

no but seriously where are the ID details, i'm just sitting here repeating "don't be rupture don't be rupture"
Here they are, for real this time!

Sinking and more sinking. Greg's support passive seems like an attempt to salvage Umbrellacliff. And more Echoes of the Manor!

Current Sinking units are Spicebrush Yi Sang, Molar Ishmael, Deici Rodion and Hong Lu, and Wuthering Heights Butler Outis. With the addition of Greg and Faust as viable Sinking units that makes 7. Who's getting kicked out of the MD team, or will Faust be a useful sub in for Fluid Sac?

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Apr 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It's kinda funny that buffing Sunshower Heathcliff is pretty much the sole purpose of Gregor's support passive. It's horrible in pretty much every other situation.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

Current Sinking units are Spicebrush Yi Sang, Molar Ishmael, Deici Rodion and Hong Lu, and Wuthering Heights Butler Outis. With the addition of Greg and Faust as viable Sinking units that makes 7. Who's getting kicked out of the MD team, or will Faust be a useful sub in for Fluid Sac?

Faust gets a permanent spot on the bench, imho, unless the Gregor ID is terrible. And looking at the preview, not counting that out as a possibility. Lot of red flags there, only 2-coin S2, only +clash power on the 4-coin S3, putting the plus coin boost on the skill that benefits the most from it to a hilarious degree meaning that in order to get the most of it in a focused encounter you'll need to be able to use it twice in a row (so turn 7-8 at the earliest).

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

At the very least we'll be able to run a 6 man Sinking Team with no dead weights unlike before, cause I doubt neither HeirGregor or ButlerFaust will be as bad as SunCliff or MexicanSinclair :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Here they are, for real this time!

Sinking and more sinking. Greg's support passive seems like an attempt to salvage Umbrellacliff. And more Echoes of the Manor!

*hits table* sinking season sinking season SINKING SEASON

Gregor: As usual he wants enemies to have high status to do things, but bucking the trend he seems to actually contribute to the status in a meaningful way. Of course until you get to S3 where he can potentially steal it back for no real upside(since you've already thrown out S3 you've likely got nothing big to spend the damage boost on) so I guess he couldn't help himself, but at least he's not stealing Count. Suffering pretty clearly exists for Sunshower Heathcliff alone but there's no reason to run him over this Gregor.

Faust: Actually seems pretty good if run alongside Butler Outis, okay otherwise. You could probably exchange Dieci Hong Lu for her if you wanna focus on the status. Kinda funny that one banner sent Sinking from having too few IDs to one too many.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Huh, I kind of expected Gregor not to be sinking since the faction his identity is from isn't really sinking themed, it's debuff/speed themed.

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

Marluxia posted:

Huh, I kind of expected Gregor not to be sinking since the faction his identity is from isn't really sinking themed, it's debuff/speed themed.

Curious to see what Maid Ryoshu is gonna be like, then. Ryo already has a bleed-themed 000 in Chef Ryo, but if Maid Ryo specializes more in being fast and applying binds/paralysis then she might make a really good support unit (and finally have good synergies for Red Eyes).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Maiaust (Faust-aid?) is exactly what I wanted for my sinking team because I run her in every MD team

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Goatse James Bond posted:

Maiaust (Faust-aid?) is exactly what I wanted for my sinking team because I run her in every MD team

Faust-Aid would be my pick because it sounds like a some kind of health care system run by Faust.

Or we could do F-Aid (Fade)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

GilliamYaeger posted:

Look, this might be extenuating circumstances, but between Heath's personal debuff making SP management for Suncliff less painful and the fact that, given prior rules for 'fight the boss version of an Mirror Dungeon event abno, get the event's gift" meaning we have guaranteed Headless Portrait in the dungeon, I'm gonna be running a sinking team with Suncliff for the story dungeon.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I'd love to give Wet Dog Cliff a chance in this Canto but there is no way in hell I'm dumping exp tickets into his sorry rear end, they are a precious commodity.
Or did past cantos boost the titular sinner to max level for the final dungeon? I forgot.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

microfolk posted:

I'd love to give Wet Dog Cliff a chance in this Canto but there is no way in hell I'm dumping exp tickets into his sorry rear end, they are a precious commodity.
Or did past cantos boost the titular sinner to max level for the final dungeon? I forgot.

Yes.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Honestly, umbrella boy has one of the most interesting kits in the game; he wants to dance right on the edge of corrosion while balancing between purposely losing s1 clashes and countering with his passive's protection, using self sinking to keep his sanity low.

His problem is his numbers are loving whacky garbage for how much effort you have to put in to make him work, it's stupid hard to get him to stay at low sanity and low sanity is much less consistent then high sanity, but also him blowing a roll means that 50% of his damage is just gone. The canto buff makes him a lot less finicky to play, so he's a cute choice for the content and can actually put in work, but I wouldn't blow a bunch of resources on leveling him because the second the canto ends he's going right back to trash alley.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

There's also a non-zero chance we get a Heathcliff Negative Sanity ID from this Canto's batch, which would probably bury Suncliff if it's anything like the last batch of IDs :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

There's also a non-zero chance we get a Heathcliff Negative Sanity ID from this Canto's batch, which would probably bury Suncliff if it's anything like the last batch of IDs :v:

given the new Gregor's support passive they're clearly trying to make Sunshower specifically work but he's just so fuckin bad

Also if Ahab was a positive ID I don't think there's gonna be another negative one, at least not until they're totally out of ideas

e: if anyone's gonna be one it's Spooky Ghost Cathy so we'll see I guess

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 2, 2024

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So I was thinking about bad-end ID for Heathcliff and I was thinking maybe EdCliff? The version that stayed and married Cathy and went completely off the walls insane.

And then I was thinking about the past Cantos. G-Corp Gregor works pretty well for his Bad End. N Sinclair is great for him, as is Captain Ishmael. But does Yi Sang or Rodion have one? You could argue that Yi-Sang has Spicebush but that's not really a bad end... And I don't think Rodion has anything in that category.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

KobunFan posted:

So I was thinking about bad-end ID for Heathcliff and I was thinking maybe EdCliff? The version that stayed and married Cathy and went completely off the walls insane.

And then I was thinking about the past Cantos. G-Corp Gregor works pretty well for his Bad End. N Sinclair is great for him, as is Captain Ishmael. But does Yi Sang or Rodion have one? You could argue that Yi-Sang has Spicebush but that's not really a bad end... And I don't think Rodion has anything in that category.

Rodion have the Baba Yaga EGO that would represent Canto 2 but she doesn't have any particular ID outside of that. For Yi Sang, it's honestly a good ending considering that it's a version of him that solved the problem he had (His sin being Sloth and all).

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

microfolk posted:

Yeah, this is my plan. Sorry dude, you're staying at level 1 for every other time, but I'll use you in the story dungeon and some normal mystery dungeons I guess.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Don Quixote’s got my favorite divide between good ends and bad ends, because there’s a clear throughline.
Break Delusions, confront reality = Don sad, broken, bad end
Reinforce delusional tendencies = Don happy, thriving, good end

Lob Co Don is actually probably the most mentally clear of all Dons, because she’s just living her best life as a zookeeper at the house of horrors, turning into a horrible sheep gremlin, and having an absolute blast doing it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Onehandclapping posted:

Don Quixote’s got my favorite divide between good ends and bad ends, because there’s a clear throughline.
Break Delusions, confront reality = Don sad, broken, bad end
Reinforce delusional tendencies = Don happy, thriving, good end

Lob Co Don is actually probably the most mentally clear of all Dons, because she’s just living her best life as a zookeeper at the house of horrors, turning into a horrible sheep gremlin, and having an absolute blast doing it.

Cinq Don is the healthiest, she acknowledges that the City won't allow "heroes" so she kinda toes the line as a freelance duelist by strolling around town and righting wrongs for a fee. She's enthusiastic as usual yeah but she's not a broken shell or psycho murderer.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Yinlock posted:

Cinq Don is the healthiest, she acknowledges that the City won't allow "heroes" so she kinda toes the line as a freelance duelist by strolling around town and righting wrongs for a fee. She's enthusiastic as usual yeah but she's not a broken shell or psycho murderer.

Yeah, she's found a good outlet for her tendencies, something productive she can use them for. I think that's one of the best futures she could have.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KobunFan posted:

Yeah, she's found a good outlet for her tendencies, something productive she can use them for. I think that's one of the best futures she could have.

Well more profitable than productive because that's all the City will allow but yeah it's still probably the best she can get outside of wherever LCB takes her

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Yinlock posted:

Well more profitable than productive because that's all the City will allow but yeah it's still probably the best she can get outside of wherever LCB takes her
I really do think Cinq Don rules for that, honestly. The City is the kind of place where even being a firefighter isn't going to allow you to be as heroic as Don wants to be because firefighters in the City probably would only put out insured fires and the person in charge of them would buy burnt properties to flip them at a profit, so like. You take what you can get.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

KobunFan posted:

Faust-Aid would be my pick because it sounds like a some kind of health care system run by Faust.

Faid is catchy but I appreciate that faustaid sounds like first aid and she's the main healer

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Goatse James Bond posted:

Faid is catchy but I appreciate that faustaid sounds like first aid and she's the main healer

That's very true. I guess we could use both depending on whether we have the patience to write it out.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 3, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

I really do think Cinq Don rules for that, honestly. The City is the kind of place where even being a firefighter isn't going to allow you to be as heroic as Don wants to be because firefighters in the City probably would only put out insured fires and the person in charge of them would buy burnt properties to flip them at a profit, so like. You take what you can get.

Yeah no ethical consumption etc

Also the fire itself would be the product of a Singularity and firefighters would only exist because the resulting fire-monsters make it difficult to house the next wave of kindling workers

e:

KobunFan posted:

"alright first you gotta let her hit you with the giant blood balloon on a stick. yes this is necessary it's like you know nothing about medicine"

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 3, 2024

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

KobunFan posted:

Cool Aid Faust. She heals you with cancer and has the biggest drip.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I do feel like Fluid Sac Faust has become less of a necessity in all content due to more healing EGO for both HP and SP going around.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
That is nice.

Also, they released the notes about the 4/4 update and I have to say that banner is so heartbreaking.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Random thought: why did Hermann get snatched up by N Corp? Given Gregor's situation and what we know about Old G Corp, her specialty would have been something to do with gene splicing or biology or the like, which seems completely separate from the mirror world's technology.

I know, I know, 'omni-disciplinary scientists' is a universal fiction problem, but still, couldn't help but want to share.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

Random thought: why did Hermann get snatched up by N Corp? Given Gregor's situation and what we know about Old G Corp, her specialty would have been something to do with gene splicing or biology or the like, which seems completely separate from the mirror world's technology.

I know, I know, 'omni-disciplinary scientists' is a universal fiction problem, but still, couldn't help but want to share.

Splicing alternative idenities onto the human psyche is basically just splicing bugs onto human biology.

Ghost Armor 1337
Jul 28, 2023

PetraCore posted:

I mean even in IRL Firefighters sterling reputation is only a recent development. Like remember that time two rival bregades of firefighters was more concerned with beating each other up than actually putting out the fire they were called to?

Ghost Armor 1337 fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Apr 3, 2024

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Junpei posted:

N Corp's technology singularity has to do with "canned" experiences. From Leviathan it seems like the interest in mirror tech solely came about after Hermann took over.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I personally like to think the real reason behind the Neo League of Nine Hermann is building to destroy the Mirror Worlds is because N Corp wants no competition to their canned experiences and Mirror Worlds let you gain some attributes from other lives (albeit at a loss of part of your current self until you desync). It's just such a mundane and capitalist reason, like how K Corp makes snuff because it's just the most efficient way to harvest tears.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Some kind of weird mental conditioning seems to play a part in G Corp's transformation bullshit which is probably also necessary to get IDs to stick. Source: Gregor's flashback and I think the link between mental conditioning and transformation(in a non-distortion sense) was brought up once elsewhere but I have completely forgotten where.

That's the first explanation I could bullshit up anyway.

e:

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I personally like to think the real reason behind the Neo League of Nine Hermann is building to destroy the Mirror Worlds is because N Corp wants no competition to their canned experiences and Mirror Worlds let you gain some attributes from other lives (albeit at a loss of part of your current self until you desync). It's just such a mundane and capitalist reason, like how K Corp makes snuff because it's just the most efficient way to harvest tears.

I think Hermann has her own plans but yeah N Corp is definitely no stranger to blindly signing off of monstrous bullshit because it favors their bottom line

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 3, 2024

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Game is UP!

Greg rolls 15/20/21 with conditionals.
Faust rolls 13/17/20 with conditionals.

Both Bygone Days EGO are really good. Yi Sang's is a ZAYIN that replaces Crow's Eye View with a passive that functionally gives him +2 clash power in Sinking teams, and Greg's is a TETH that replaces Lantern which consumes 3 Sinking count to restore 35 SP (the EGO costs 20 sanity) to himself and two party members and has a passive that gives him EGO resources on kill for your LEAST owned resource, up to 4 per kill with enough sinking.

Sinking got JACKED with this stuff.

Edit: More details on their passives:

Faust's passives means she's a permanent benchwarmer. Her support passive gives 3 sp per hit four times per turn for the ally with the least SP. That's fuckin' wild.

Greg's combat passive is 3 Gloom Resonance, and can give up to 5 damage up and fragile if you got 45 sanity on the turn beforehand. It also increases his damage by whopping 40% if the enemy has merely 20 sinking potency.

Greg's Suffering passive is 3 Gloom Owned. loving RIP Esgoo, you poor loving bastard.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 4, 2024

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

drat, them egos good stuff

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yi Sang's is also a 3-Weight AOE, with the Corossion able to hit 5 based on Gloom Res. Rep Emitter and Land of Illusion were our only AOE Zayins prior.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Yi Sang's is also a 3-Weight AOE, with the Corossion able to hit 5 based on Gloom Res. Rep Emitter and Land of Illusion were our only AOE Zayins prior.
I can't believe you've forgotten about Legerdemain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
derp, sorry.