Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly with both Laser and Mech they should just drop the limited uses aspect entirely, especially considering the incredibly long timers they have attached to them anyways, like I'd love to be able to take the Mech on missions but it's so limited in nature that it just feels like a waste of a slot(maybe if there was a way to refill the ammo on it or something)

I tried the mech and 2 out of the 3 times I called it down it fell over and blew up before I even had a chance to get in the drat thing. So no space in my slots for that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Laser and mech (vs. Bugs) are limited because they'd be complete autopicks otherwise, the laser is absurdly better than orbital railgun and 380mm already.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Hahaha, the PA system aboard the SES Fist of Family Values is telling me there's a priority alert for Malevelon Creek...

... because of a Terminid invasion.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

BlackIronHeart posted:

Hahaha, the PA system aboard the SES Fist of Family Values is telling me there's a priority alert for Malevelon Creek...

... because of a Terminid invasion.

Can't be my fault. I collected all of the grubs that obvious traitors to democracy were trying to bury in the graves of brave veterans. Real convenient they fit perfectly in our sample bottles!

Tommy the Newt
Mar 25, 2017

The king of the sand castle
I dunno, the limited uses of the laser bothered me initially but once I understood what it's actually good for I can see why it's restricted.

I see a lot of people using it to kill heavy bugs and stuff, which is actually a total waste. It'll burn all its up-time to get through a bile titan or a couple of chargers which you could just use EATs or 500kg for. It truly shines for clearing whole armies of light to medium enemes and completing objectives single-handedly. One laser will complete the command bunker bot objective by itself, it'll also kill eyes of Sauron, mortars, airbases, basically any bot objective or base you can throw a laser at and then just walk away. If you had unlimited uses you'd never have to interact with a bot secondary objective again. It's like a 380 base-buster except it doesn't sometimes miss. It'll also wipe the landing pad clear for you to safely extract. It's an extremely strong stratagem and I think I'm glad it's balanced by uses not a ridiculously long cooldown.

The mechs on the other hand, yeah, I think limiting it to 2 uses + a 10 minute cooldown is kinda whatever, you'd hardly have time to get another useful deployment per mission anyway and the mechs are less useful than the laser because it's not fire-and-forget and more subject to random failure.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Disregard, tried the orbital airburst and i immediately got 3 kills.(Player)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

lol

Tommy the Newt
Mar 25, 2017

Notes are up:

# **🛠️ PATCH 01.000.200 ⚙️**
**🌎 Overview**
This update includes
* Balance changes to missions, stratagems, weapons, enemies and Helldivers.
* General fixes and stability improvements.

**📍 Gameplay**
Planetary Hazard additions
* Blizzards
* Sandstorms

**⚖️ Balancing**
**Missions**
* Retrieve Essential Personnel
🔹 Moved the enemy spawn points further away from the objective to give players a fairer chance of defending the location.
🔹 There are fewer civilians required to complete the mission on higher difficulties.
* Destroy Command Bunkers
🔹 Now has more objective locations, the mission was too easy before compared to other missions.
🔹 It can now appear in operations from difficulty 5.
* Halved the negative effect of operation modifiers that increase stratagem cooldowns or call in times.

**Primary, Secondary, & Support Weapons**
* Arc Thrower: fixed charging inconsistencies; it will now always take 1s to charge a shot.
* Arc Thrower: reduced distance from 50m to 35m.
* Arc Thrower: increased stagger force.
* Guard Dog: now restores full ammo from supply boxes.
* Anti-Materiel Rifle: damage increased by 30%.
* Breaker Incendiary: damage per bullet increased from 15 per bullet to 20 per bullet.
* Fire damage per tick increased by 50% (from all sources).
* Liberator Penetrator: now has a full auto mode.
* Dominator: increased damage from 200 to 300.
* Dominator: increased stagger.
* Diligence Counter Sniper: increased armor penetration from light to medium.
* Slugger: reduced stagger.
* Slugger: reduced damage from 280 to 250.
* Slugger: reduced demolition force.
* Slugger: fixed armor penetration tag in the menu.
* Slugger, Liberator Concussive, Senator: fixed incorrect armor penetration tags in the menu.
* Recoilless Rifle: increased the number of rockets you restore from supply boxes from 2 to 3.
* Spear: increased the number of missiles you restore from supply boxes from 1 to 2.
* Heavy Machine Gun: the highest fire rate mode reduced from 1200 rpm to a more moderate 950

**Stratagems**
* Patriot Exosuit: rockets will now penetrate armor only on direct hit.

**Enemies**
* Balancing adjustments have been made to
🔹 Chargers normal melee attack now does less damage against Exosuits.
🔹 Bile Spewer and Nursing Spewer do less damage with their puke.
🔹 The Bile Titan can no longer be stunned.
🔹 Shriekers no longer create bug breaches.
🔹 Shriekers hitting you while they are dead now does significantly less damage.

**Helldiver**
* Balancing adjustments have been made to
🔹 Heavy and medium armor protects better and you now take about 10% less damage than before while wearing heavy and about 5% less when wearing medium armor. Fortified commando and light armor is unchanged.
**🔧 Fixes**
* Fixed issue where save settings for PS5 would be reset when the game is rebooted, causing things such as loadout and hint settings to reset.
* Enemies now properly target Exosuits. Previously, many enemies effectively ignored Exosuits if a helldiver on foot was available for them to target.
* Fixed Exosuits being able to fire their weapons while opening the minimap.
* The Helldiver and the Exosuit both had a bug that made them sometimes take explosion damage multiple times making things like automaton rockets be too deadly, this is now fixed.
* Automaton enemy constellations that preferred to spawn more of certain Devastators types did not work and are now functioning as they should. This means that sometimes when playing against the Automatons you will face more Devastators instead of other enemy types.
* We have improved the system that prevents hellpod steering close to large or important objects.
🔹 We have solved issues where the effective area around objects was a lot larger than intended.
🔹 We have reduced the number of objects that prevent hellpod steering.
⚠️ Note: This system is intended to prevent softlocks where players can drop on important interaction points, or drop into unintended places. We will continue to monitor the state of the system after the update to see if additional tweaks are necessary.
* Fixed cases where the ground under some assets could be bombed causing them to float.
* Ballistic shield changes:
🔹 Collision mesh has been slightly increased in size for more forgiveness
🔹 Changed shield poses so that less of the helldiver is exposed
🔹 Addressed bug where parts of the helldiver would become vulnerable while using the shield in first person

**🧠 Known Issues**
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.

* Game might crash when picking up a snowball or throwing back a grenade
* Various issues involving friend invites and cross-play:
🔹 Cross-platform friend invites might not show up in the Friend Requests tab.
🔹 Players cannot unfriend other players befriended via friend code.
🔹 Players cannot unblock players that were not in their Friends list beforehand.
🔹 Players cannot befriend players with Steam names shorter than 3 characters.
* Explosive weapon stats include only direct hit damage but not explosive damage.
* Explosions do not break your limbs (except for when you fly into a rock).
* Planet liberation reaches 100% at the end of every Defend mission.
* Drowning in deep water with a Vitality Booster equipped puts Helldiver in a broken state.
* Stratagem beam might attach itself to an enemy but it will deploy to its original location.
* Some player customizations (like title or body type) may reset after restarting the game.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
extremely nice, a bunch of weapons are now enjoyable to use

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

quote:

* Liberator Penetrator: now has a full auto mode.

This is not what this weapon needed.

Tommy the Newt
Mar 25, 2017

Hunter-killer gunships are in-game, just got attacked by a bunch. They spawn from secondary objective towers with a zone of effect like shriekers. You can kill them with a scorcher, I dunno whether you can do it with other small-arms. They light you up with an eye-of-sauron lamp, fire what looks like scout walker lasers and rocket barrages.

Tommy the Newt fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 2, 2024

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

oh nooo arc thrower nerf. eh, still gonna use it a lot.

I wonder if they ever plan on adding a way to unbind bindings on PS5. it's very annoying because all the keys are already mapped to something, so you have to unbind something if you want to fit in a push to talk button.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
My slug boy :ferrari:

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
new login animation sequence

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Wondering what shenanigans the AMR damage buff will enable.

how dare you include photographic evidence in your rumormongering

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
Hahahaha, in before the inevitable AMR nerf. Did not need it but I'll take it for as long as it's there.

* Fixed issue where save settings for PS5 would be reset when the game is rebooted, causing things such as loadout and hint settings to reset.

Thank gently caress.

;e, fb

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Did they fix the AMR sights?

quote:

* Explosive weapon stats include only direct hit damage but not explosive damage.

Ah, this probably explains why the Scorcher feels more powerful than the number says.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
When are we getting quality of life, like end of game stats taking as much time as the entire game?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

🔹 Shriekers hitting you while they are dead now does significantly less damage.

lol this was basically an instant kill if they landed on you. so yes, hopefully significantly less damage.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Tommy the Newt posted:

* The Helldiver and the Exosuit both had a bug that made them sometimes take explosion damage multiple times making things like automaton rockets be too deadly, this is now fixed.

lol, lmao

Also, not sure that Slugger nerf was necessary but ok. I'll cope.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Stop nerfing fun guns god drat.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Haha, they hit both Malevelon and Ubanea with defense campaigns at the same time. They're gonna make us work for this one.

BlackIronHeart posted:

This is not what this weapon needed.
It was the main reason I wouldn't use it. I really hate the way you have to hold down the button for burst fire.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

haddedam posted:

When are we getting quality of life, like end of game stats taking as much time as the entire game?

lol they currently take about a third as long as they did at launch

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
I played at launch and I had a long pause and started playing now. I see no difference.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Hang on a minute. We can talk about how necessary the slugger nerf was (it was). But why would you want to put us through that again?

Astrochicken fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 2, 2024

Tommy the Newt
Mar 25, 2017

Ballbot5000 posted:

Hahahaha, in before the inevitable AMR nerf. Did not need it but I'll take it for as long as it's there.

Yeah this one was kinda a surprise. It's still 2 shots to a hulk eye, so I guess this just makes bodyshots a little more forgiving on medium enemies, and fewer shots to kill turrets etc.

I was never really into the slugger so I don't have much frame of reference to tell if the nerf was needed or not, but the dominator getting buffed is kinda cool. Given the dominator handles poorly and has the annoying smoke haze it's cool that they made it hit harder.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
definitely misread it as

quote:

Slugger: reduced slugger

pretty good changes all around! bunch of buffs to stuff that needed it including armour, bunch of nice sounding fixes like to the rockets or terrain deformation under objectives, some good nerfs like the bile spewers.

nerf to arc thrower range is fair enough but more stagger power to keep things in the kill zone is nice. The range was too high for how aimless and powerful it was. The fire rate change though... I think that's a buff? The rof once charged was about once a second anyway, so this maybe is removing the first shot charge up? and yeah I used it a bunch and found there were many times where it just kind of randomly decided it needed to charge fully instead of keeping the reduced charge time, so hopefully this fixes that.

bile titans being immune to stuns is fair enough too. Trivializing the bug's capstone unit was bit over the line

not sure about blizzards and sandstorms. "lol you can't see poo poo" isn't a super fun mechanic so hopefully there's more to them.

Always intrigued how that weekly war report guy will present these diegetically

e; although more devestators is not something we need

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 2, 2024

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Slugger was strong v bots (didn't really use it against bugs) and could one shot a Devastator if you hit it in the face, stagger them a great deal etc but I'm not sure if it was worthy of a nerf. I suppose it was much more effective than other primaries v bots and that's the impetus. I've been skeptical of other nerfs and then been on board after actually playing post-patch so maybe I should shut the gently caress up for now.

edit:

I read the arc change to charge time to make it so it consistently takes 1s to charge and does away with the "half charge after the first shot" mechanic. I could be wrong, and hope I'm wrong because it's a nerf if so.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Okay the HMG sight was definitely not fixed bu the AMR's....might have been? Tough to tell with the close range testing I did but the decals did seem to appear right in the middle.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

There are new ranks and new levels now. I'm a level 62 Fleet Admiral :captainpop:

I assume there are higher ranks.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

The fire rate change though... I think that's a buff? The rof once charged was about once a second anyway, so this maybe is removing the first shot charge up?
It is definitely not. You have to charge it to around 90% for it to fire every time. My muscle memory was all hosed up bad.

On the bright side that's still fast enough to chain-stagger 3 berserkers or devastators to death. They can't do anything once you're in range.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Apr 2, 2024

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

BastardySkull posted:

There are new ranks and new levels now. I'm a level 62 Fleet Admiral :captainpop:

I assume there are higher ranks.

Yeah they've updated the patch notes:

quote:

Increased level cap
- Level cap has been increased from 50 to 150

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Somebody on the dev team must be seriously in love with Bile Titans holy poo poo. Railgun praise was for how it can handle titans as much as chargers, into the garbage. People enjoying stuns grenades "Because it works on titans", now making it clear the titan is too cool to ever be stunned.

Seeing the fire shotgun get some love is nice, but I am not seeing anything about the "Host only DoT" problem :ohdear:

(I can't be excited by a pitiful 5-10% armor buff when headshots to the ankles and chain slows will still make that meaningless)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
In fairness I think tanks are immune to stuns (hard to tell when they're so slow to begin with) so that's not terribly surprising.

The host fire thing was only discovered one or two business days ago, no way it was going to make it into this patch unfortunately.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Apr 2, 2024

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Sindai posted:

It is definitely not. You have to charge it to around 90% for it to fire every time. My muscle memory was all hosed up bad.

On the bright side that's still fast enough to chain-stagger 3 berserkers or devastators to death. They can't do anything once you're in range.

hmmm, I see what you mean trying it out myself. It's noticeable but not too egregious. As long as they actually fixed 'refuses to fire w/o a full charge' issue then it's fine, we'll relearn.

the actual main thing is it maybe doesn't blast open doors anymore??? or maybe the one I found was bugged but

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Want to know something cursed? The O that shows where your gun is actually pointing has faint lines along the left and bottom sides.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

BTs are like the one enemy in the game that aren't completely trivial to kill and I like that, but with this change I'm deffo going back to running contacts against bugs.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

BastardySkull posted:

Slugger was strong v bots (didn't really use it against bugs) and could one shot a Devastator if you hit it in the face, stagger them a great deal etc but I'm not sure if it was worthy of a nerf. I suppose it was much more effective than other primaries v bots and that's the impetus. I've been skeptical of other nerfs and then been on board after actually playing post-patch so maybe I should shut the gently caress up for now.

edit:

I read the arc change to charge time to make it so it consistently takes 1s to charge and does away with the "half charge after the first shot" mechanic. I could be wrong, and hope I'm wrong because it's a nerf if so.

The Slugger was a great bot weapon exclusively because it was a primary that could bully Elite Devastators. It was also serviceable against berserkers but it was notably harder to deal with squads of Raiders because you can't just sweep them like people using the Defender/Sickle can. I don't know what the numbers are now but if it can't stagger devastators on body/shoulder/etc hits then they really cratered its value as an anti-bot tool.

It was good but giving up Raider killing is not insignificant and I've actually been using the Sickle a lot more and relying on my support weapon more for devastators. It's nice not having to panic when you see a dozen MG Raiders roll up in a patrol.

Darox fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 2, 2024

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I switched to HE against bugs after the 10th time I killed myself trying to impact a hole when a bug crawled out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

so the dominator dominates. it basically does what slugger was before without the insane recoil and with some travel time. i think everything will be o k .