Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

wizard2 posted:

wth, there's no gay people in Persona...

:confused:

plenty of homophobia and transphobia, but oddly, nothing actually overt, its just left bubbling under the surface, I mean, its literally a game for school kids, so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I think the intended audience skews a fair bit older than school children

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the intended audience for super mario is old Italian men, hence why it is virulently racist

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
For the US, maybe, for Japan its around the protagonists age give or take a couple of years, sure, plenty of adults play it, I was over 20 when I played P1 in Japanese, but its pretty obviously framed as such.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the intended audience for super mario is old Italian men, hence why it is virulently racist

It's true, this is the original win screen:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
there's that one lesbian who hangs out by the library

in all three games actually

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
The Italians claim Mario. He cannot be racist.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

akechis neat imo, the people Love rivals.

being bi was p overt in p2is but it was also a dialogue choice, and u didn't Have to pick jun to follow up on the whole two halves thing.....

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Kotone’s bi because she gets down with Elizabeth. Not Makoto Yuki though - no homo for Theo.:smith:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Majorian posted:

Kotone’s bi because she gets down with Elizabeth. Not Makoto Yuki though - no homo for Theo.:smith:

She also gets Aigis.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Oh right!

That’s my favorite romantic scene in P3 btw. Very vulnerable.:3:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I'm planning on replaying P4G on a long plane ride. Does anyone know of any good ways to get an offline guide on my phone or something? My thought was just to print to pdf one of the online guides and send it to my phone, but if there was a better way that anyone knew of....

e: mainly looking for weaknesses, fusion guide, confidant and school answers

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I dont have an answer, but what I would attempt is trying to download GameFAQs guides as txt. is this still possible? lol

failing that, I would try to find a PDF scan of a strategy guide on Archive Org. there's also some third thing I am forgetting.

anecdotally, I find Persona 4 real easy to jump back into 100% blind and missing a Press Turn here or there, and messing around with difficulty settings

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn00kajK40c

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Oh no ...not even koro...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Shinji just looks the same lol

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

That's a better look than Yukari has ever actually had.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

This is loving awesome.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
over the last like 8 weeks or so i have blitzed through p5r and p3r and will start p4g today hope its good

p3r was a genuinely touching game in a lot of ways. i loved it a lot

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
I've been focused on finishing Xenoblade 3 and got that done, I'm poised to finish off P3R once I'm back home from the trip I'm on. Just rounded out the final full moon boss, just have to work towards the final months of the game.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Oh no I think Yukari looks good aaaaaaaaaaa

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:aaa:

This is too good. I would buy P3R now if this mod was real.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

:aaa:

This is too good. I would buy P3R now if this mod was real.

https://gamebanana.com/mods/504363

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

tbp posted:

over the last like 8 weeks or so i have blitzed through p5r and p3r and will start p4g today hope its good

p3r was a genuinely touching game in a lot of ways. i loved it a lot

P4G is really good and to be taken with a monumentally large pinch of salt.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

why is this so extremely well done, wtf

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

staberind posted:

For the US, maybe, for Japan its around the protagonists age give or take a couple of years, sure, plenty of adults play it, I was over 20 when I played P1 in Japanese, but its pretty obviously framed as such.

Those comments just posted from japanese players about Akechi seemed to be a majority of women in late 20s and 30s.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

quote:

Todos:
Normal Strega

I need this really bad too. Put a drat shirt on, Strega guy!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I told myself I wasn’t going to fast forward through any dialogue or cutscenes on this playthrough of p5r but I get so impatient I end up doing it anyways and missing all major plot points. Then I go back and skim the log

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Janissary Hop posted:

I need this really bad too. Put a drat shirt on, Strega guy!
I like that you can ask him in Reload why he's shirtless, haha

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
slide to the bottom of walkthroughs on gamefaqs and they have a text version, bing bang boom, so easy.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Those comments just posted from japanese players about Akechi seemed to be a majority of women in late 20s and 30s.
I played P1 After my GF had played it, we lost touch but I know she'd be into the esthetique of the later SMT:P titles.
to make it simple to understand, those women are Persona's Bronies

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

they're so good

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Terper posted:

they're so good

oh so this is what they meant when they said teenagers scare the living poo poo out of them

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Yeah. I meant for console. :(

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

frytechnician posted:

P4G is really good and to be taken with a monumentally large pinch of salt.

how do you mean m8?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Terper posted:

they're so good

yukari looks incredible like this

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Based on story beats, Shinjiro should've had the My Chemical Romance design. :v:

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

tbp posted:

how do you mean m8?

Personally, I think P4G has the best story, characters, music and setting of the series so far. The plot is a cosy-ish murder mystery in a sleepy town and provides for a more interesting setting than other entries.

Having said that, this is Persona so expect some incredible juvenile bullshit in the humour department regarding fat people, women who can't cook, casual homophobia etc. and all the other late 90's / early 00's teen comedy tropes that weren't even funny then.

I personally don't give a poo poo and roll my eyes at the daftness of it all when it does happen but others find the distaste a bit much, which is fair enough.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You'll love P4G if you love extremely ugly backgrounds that inexplicably look significantly worse than they did on the ps2.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

what the gently caress is teddie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

a bear