Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

bandaid.friend posted:

I'm a level 74 Admirable Admiral :toot:

Ballbot5000 posted:

Admirable Admiral aside why anyone uses anything other than Space Cadet is beyond me

Space Chief Prime has the most words (or DOES it?) and therefore has the most democracy in it.

Admirable Admiral is pretty loving great considering one of my favorite city of heroes characters was Alloy Archmage, so I am clearly biased towards AA gaming.

I guess people will find out soon enough if there are more three, or dare we hope four word titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Ballbot5000 posted:

Admirable Admiral aside why anyone uses anything other than Space Cadet is beyond me

Because it's always been a dream of mine to become the acting Death Captain of the SES Prince of Peace

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Space Chief Prime was what I was using before the patch

e: giving the dominator a go after having used plasma punisher since it came out and suddenly i'm afraid of scout walkers again

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

:hmmyes: I always wanted to like the jar-5 but ended up rolling back to the slugger. gonna give it another go. It seems like it should be useful both on bot and bug maps. The new stagger part especially is what makes me want to try it again on the bug maps. I usually ran Rover + slugger; Let the rover deal with most chaff, and stun whatever was most likely to kill me. When I tried the jar-5 that was the main thing that felt worse. I got used to the protection the stagger provided. Bile spitters gave zero shits about getting hit by the jar.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I'm level 65 but I go with chief as my rank in honor of the great Chief Keef

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
By the way, saw someone claiming that AMR's sight alignment issue is caused by weapon sway that is removed when crouching/prone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWVzjj42Usc

Tested and nope, no effect. It shoots high regardless of what position you are in, and regardless of whether you shoot during upsway/downsway. No idea what compels people to say these things.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I thought I would be relying on first person more than I am but I always feel accurate enough zooming in over the shoulder rather than going first person and losing situational awareness, and the general aim drag and aim punch when you get hit are more annoying in first person.

I do like how it feels like they took something from VR shooty games though with the aim drag

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I only use Space Cadet, it describes me perfectly.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Since this patch, I'm getting crashes possibly related to the super store now. Earlier I wanted to hit the warbond tab while looking at the super store and crashed, then now I hit the requisitions hotkey, superstore opened without loading the armor images, then immediately crashed.

Guess I'm verifying files again, to see if it helps.

Edit: 1 corrupted file re-downloaded, seems to be fixed. And warbonds load their images for the unlocks way quicker now, too.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 2, 2024

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Apple Craft posted:

The Slugger opening shipping containers is probably one of my favorite things and if they take that away I will be sad.

I am sad.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Today I learned autocannon shots can ricochet off the flaps on foundries and land inside, blowing them up. Further evidence that the autocannon is supreme.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ZeusCannon posted:

SMG handles berserkers better in my experience but that may be because it doesnt limit movement much

I like the tradeoffs with Liberator, its a healthy "which fits your playstyle more?" deal.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Horace Kinch posted:

Today I learned autocannon shots can ricochet off the flaps on foundries and land inside, blowing them up. Further evidence that the autocannon is supreme.

Yeah, with the slugger changes I think I'll go back to breaker/autocannon with stuns and 500kgs or 110s for the tanks/hulks.

I don't think my aim is good enough to take down berserkers or devastator packs without the Slugger stagger, and they have enough of them that I'm not sure the Quasar can keep up either.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
the stagger on the arc thrower and consistent charge time now means you can stun lock a hulk

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Spookydonut posted:

the stagger on the arc thrower and consistent charge time now means you can stun lock a hulk

HELL yeah

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Spookydonut posted:

dang thats nice, the range nerf is a little sad tho

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Accessing Super Store: Crash
Completing mission: Crash

Great patch.

I never had the game crash even once from launch until the first patch, but it seems to get worse with every patch. Perhaps they should focus on fixing that poo poo first and foremost.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Captain Beans posted:

dang thats nice, the range nerf is a little sad tho

Always Be Diving (forwards)

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

What a great morning. My favorite gun got buffed! I've always really liked the Dominator already but felt like it didn't really stand out from the Slugger or Scorcher. The Slugger probably didn't deserve the stagger nerf though.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

LazyMaybe posted:

No, still hits above the center, roughly at where the top of the center square is. Don't know why people keep expecting this to be changed in secret.

This is the onyxia deep breaths more for this generation, marking it now

E: gently caress, double post

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anyone encounter the bot walker yet? Curious on weakpoints etc, it looks awesome from vids

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Dandywalken posted:

Anyone encounter the bot walker yet? Curious on weakpoints etc, it looks awesome from vids

pelican one with a tow cable

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Darox posted:

They could revert the railgun back to its original form and it wouldn't have crazy usage or people screaming about how OP it is now that we have real alternatives and there aren't five chargers around every corner.

Please Arrowhead give me back my baby, just reduce the ammo

Darox posted:

"Destroy the Command Bunker" bot missions only appear on difficulty 7-9. They're also significantly easier on 7 because you need to destroy 1/2/3 bunkers respectively and with only one base you can drop directly on top of it, chuck out a couple lasers and finish the main objective in under a minute.

This was the new eradicate farming for the people that knew, but less youtuber famous

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dandywalken posted:

We don't have any tow cables or planes we can fly so I have no idea how to take them down.

e:f,b on my first post in the thread. Great start, Lobok

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
No more stun against bile titans is a huge nerf to stun nades - they’re “nice to have” for spewers and chargers but it was really the stun>500kg combo that made them feel like a slam pick. 500kg still probably best for them but you need to aim it more carefully or wait for a spit animation.

Re: arc thrower, wasn’t the old follow up 1s? So is this faster charge on first shot by making the follow up shot speed the default, but no more follow up shot charge time reduction? Or is it a 1s base and 0.8s follow up now? I think either way the range reduction is a pretty big nerf but probably the only way to make machine guns even close to relevant.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

SplitSoul posted:

Great patch.

I never had the game crash even once from launch until the first patch, but it seems to get worse with every patch. Perhaps they should focus on fixing that poo poo first and foremost.

Works on my machine.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

SplitSoul posted:

Great patch.

Try verifying your game files, worked for another poster in this thread.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

quote:

Bile Spewer and Nursing Spewer do less damage with their puke.

The Best Patch

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Try verifying your game files, worked for another poster in this thread.

I do that every time it crashes and it always finds at least one corrupted file. Doesn't do anything to alleviate the crashes. My drivers are up to date. Lots of people had problems with crashes at launch, I didn't until they started patching. It's also stopped showing the crash report thing a few patches back.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I was trying to give an overseas buddy the hard sell last night because as another PC gamer it might be our only chance to play together and shoot things while chatting. Then this morning I wake up and find out the bots now have gunships and AT-ATs. Well, more accurately an AT-TE.

Hell, I think so far I've gotten my $40 worth out of just the memes and animations and various fan art which has been top tier. Getting to participate in an ongoing, well loved, evolving game has been wonderful. I think I'm at the stage now where I'll start actively avoiding looking at the leaks about upcoming weapons and enemies and just let it arrive and surprise me.

God, I loving love this game. Going to log on and shoot some things and delay all the important real world things I should be doing instead.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

SplitSoul posted:

I do that every time it crashes and it always finds at least one corrupted file. Doesn't do anything to alleviate the crashes. My drivers are up to date. Lots of people had problems with crashes at launch, I didn't until they started patching. It's also stopped showing the crash report thing a few patches back.

That one file is just an anticheat file and not actually corrupt or a problem. It's just saving something.

I would still verify after every patch though.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Durzel posted:

With the level cap increased, has the game been tracking XP beyond the level 50 cap? I'm hearing people are diving with people who are already several levels above 50. Even heard of someone apparently seeing a level 104, which seems functionally impossible.

Yes, I logged in and was level 82. Probably best that I didn't suspect they'd do it this way or I probably never would have taken a break for the past week.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Aipsh posted:

My slug boy :ferrari:

they done hosed me. good lord.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
How's the AP liberator now that it can go full auto?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

LazyMaybe posted:

By the way, saw someone claiming that AMR's sight alignment issue is caused by weapon sway that is removed when crouching/prone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWVzjj42Usc

Tested and nope, no effect. It shoots high regardless of what position you are in, and regardless of whether you shoot during upsway/downsway. No idea what compels people to say these things.

Have you tested to see if its a zeroing thing? That would make the most sense to me honestly.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the dominator one hit kills hunters on body shots now so imo it's officially no longer completely awful

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

I have to imagine that this isn't much of a benefit, the mag size was already too small

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

So, do the Gunships have any weakpoints that can be damaged by medium penetration small arms like the AMR or HMG? I shot one at the engine but was unsure if that was what did the deed, otherwise kind of feels like anti-tank is going to be needed. Guess that's why command is giving free EATs at the Creek.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

SplitSoul posted:

If you are constantly getting corrupted files your hard drive might be dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

You could basically do this by mashing the fire button with burst anyways, there was no delay on the burst (and you had to hold down the button to fire the full burst :v:).

So the same more or less.