Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's a crime that CYN isn't on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Oh my god I didn't even notice Bar Wrestling on there. That's definitely the worst.

Which one's Bar Wrestling, and what's the deal with them?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

edogawa rando posted:

Which one's Bar Wrestling, and what's the deal with them?

Joey Ryan's indie.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Joey Ryan's indie.

Ah, I see. Yes, that would be right up there among the worst.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Suplex Liberace posted:

rip PWG the best promotion of all time.

when they lost the legion hall they started losing the magic

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fart Radio posted:

when they lost the legion hall they started losing the magic

I disagree. As special as the legion hall was. The globe era had a lot of incredible shows. Super Dragon just had a lot of personal issues happening which lead the shows to slow down and eventually stop.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragongate hasn't used that logo in five years.

If you think that's bad, I'm pretty sure Stardom haven't used that logo in about a decade? Also it's been 5 years since K-DOJO stopped being Kaientai Dojo & became 2AW. And 4 years since Wrestle-1 died.

I got really excited that the big X was for Wrestling Society X but it's something else. But seeing the short-lived 2018 reboot of World of Sport is nice

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/DGen_Media/status/1774989477250736575?s=20

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

This isn't even the first time WWE itself did a "follow the wrestler from the back through the curtain" shot!! You'd think people who love The Miz would remember his promo before he fought MVP!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

This isn't even the first time WWE itself did a "follow the wrestler from the back through the curtain" shot!! You'd think people who love The Miz would remember his promo before he fought MVP!

They just did it in the opposite direction with Sami like two weeks ago.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

We keep saying we wish WWE fans would watch any movie ever and this is good news because this means they've at least heard of a particular scene in a movie. Baby steps.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

In a vacuum, it's a pretty dope shot. However, WWE should be in the vacuum of space.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

This is so corny lol

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i’m okay with an effort to attempt to make the on-screen world of these people like, slightly bigger, and represent it as an actual environment where other people exist rather than just a series of backgrounds that might as well be green screen. only the most wwe-pilled people on earth would ever treat it like it’s groundbreaking cinema, but finally clearing the bar of “portraying a cogent physical space” is fine, even if its a bar they buried at the center of the earth themselves.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ivpvideos/status/1775138254448140300?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
they've done stuff like this before in the 90s and 00s

it's just weird to keep pointing out simple steadycam shots that I see in other sports and non-sports constantly as if they're overly complicated majestic Kubrick type of shots.

I didn't like Dunn either but it's not as if steadycam operators were being jailed because he was there

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

you don’t know that

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
The WWE gets guaranteed money, but the talent shouldn't is a monstrously bad take.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he was one of the biggest stars in the company and making the most money but he still got fired for trying to kill jack perry, the son of luke perry and he's mad about it

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Lol What a lunatic take. Should everyone just have a commission-based pay structure? What's the incentive of working if you're not trying to make your company the most money?

(I don't think the Punk / Bucks feud would really impact the numbers in an incredibly meaningful way)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

most wrestlers are already grossly underpaid lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

This post did make me realize that even if the Bucks got paid on the house they would still have no reason to work with Punk. They are rich, they can miss out on the small amount of extra money they'd get, Punk meanwhile seems to badly over-leveraged.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

On The Internet posted:

Lol What a lunatic take. Should everyone just have a commission-based pay structure? What's the incentive of working if you're not trying to make your company the most money?

(I don't think the Punk / Bucks feud would really impact the numbers in an incredibly meaningful way)

I enjoyed the best of seven and the current run of the bucks way more than I would have enjoyed any kind of elite vs cmftr feud

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

most wrestlers are already grossly underpaid lol

mjeff had a great breakdown once comparing what they make vs what the company brings in and how that compared to like the nhl. it was really eye opening for me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's literally just bitter bullshit. He wants everyone's paycheck tied to how much they draw because he's the biggest draw in his head and so then everyone would have to be happy to work with him. Hangman couldn't shoot on him if he didn't have a guarantee and actually felt the impact of jeopardizing that million dollar house. People would have had to be nice to him when he was an rear end in a top hat if they didn't have a guarantee because then they would have cared about improving and taking his advice. The bucks would have liked his dog if they didn't have a guarantee because they would have had to.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Punk's landlord mindset is really taking hold of the rest of his brain.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CM punk more than anything wants to be a locker room leader like his idol, the Undertaker

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
He talks a big game about workers rights, you know.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TinTower posted:

He talks a big game about workers rights, you know.

And yet is a landlord, curious.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
When I buy tickets to a wrestling show there should be a checkbox menu where I can specify which people on the card I want to get a cut

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

JethroMcB posted:

When I buy tickets to a wrestling show there should be a checkbox menu where I can specify which people on the card I want to get a cut

writing in danhausen

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Another great day to be a Hangman fan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Something the true Hangman heads will appreciate, her tour kicked off yesterday.

https://twitter.com/maura/status/1775015558297313398

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

me every day

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

This is so corny lol

it's funny to imagine a wrestling fan watching the copacabana scene and their takeaway for why it was so impressive is "wow, the cameraman followed them while they walked"

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

I get it. He had to slither off to his lawyer like a greedy snake because there was no pay based incentive to talk to Colt without one. If only he had to talk to him but guaranteed contracts forced his hand. And the workers? The workers don't work as hard as him so it isn't fair that they're just handed a paycheck. It's a much better system if they earn their own Starbucks gift cards but since he works so much harder he should get to pick and choose who gets the cards.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

The funny thing is that's not even the point Punk was trying to make. What Punk was saying was that if there weren't guaranteed contracts and wrestlers were paid based on the gate then creative would be able to pivot away from stuff that didn't work because they could tell what was and wasn't selling tickets.

Which is also dumb as gently caress and just like incredibly wrong

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's a very "if you tie their salary to wins and losses the players will behave and play harder" idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Say you've never actually seen a Scorsese film without saying you've never actually seen a Scorsese film.

It's just a lad with a steadicam following a guy through a short walk at the tip of the backstage area through to Gorilla. Comparing this to, say, the famous tracking shot from GoodFellas is like comparing a hurricane to a fart from a mouse's arse.