Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Tired Moritz posted:

Can someone simplify the gimmick of the game

You tell Illu in your confessional "I want to fish in spot X" or you want to move to a new spot. You get 6 fishing or moving per day and you'll start the next day where you want

You can submit 2 of your biggest fish (I think the ones associated with the list of powers/boons) at night along with bribes based on whatever items you got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'm not really sure about the whole "This is when I was being scummy" exchange between Shell and Maer there.

It's a bit irrelevant to the thread but it strikes you as scummy?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Tbf, Shwinn asked.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Feels a bit scummy, yeah, in the "This is my meta as scum, which is why I'm town here" way

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
In entirely unrelated news for whoever gets the masonizer power, I have so many pics of Alfie

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Cloacamazing! posted:

Feels a bit scummy, yeah, in the "This is my meta as scum, which is why I'm town here" way

... which meta? We didn't talk meta there.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Cloacamazing! posted:

In entirely unrelated news for whoever gets the masonizer power, I have so many pics of Alfie

Is the pup a new addition to the family?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Well you talked about old games you scumread each other in. And yes, Alfie moved in this Saturday.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Oh hey, first fishing results are in. For the rest of you too?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Cloacamazing! posted:

Well you talked about old games you scumread each other in. And yes, Alfie moved in this Saturday.

I talked about old games we actually were scum in, mostly on the thread of Maer not remembering the actual answer to Shwin's question. I don't think I invoked actual reads on those games, 'cause if I had my face would be way, way redder than Maer's. She's good at scum.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Cloacamazing! posted:

I think Illu forgot the stuff I tried to submit yesterday, but he did say he was solving, so I guess results will be in short-ish.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cloacamazing! posted:

No results yet for me, but I submitted late last night (well for me)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I got half of my results so far, the rest are promised later.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Spot A has the best odds for the watcher fish

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I feel like town watchers are a lot more powerful than scum watchers so I figured I'd just put that out there

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

The only game I can think of where we were on opposite teams was OA's Rimworld, and I didn't quite catch on

Maerlyn posted:

My Shell-dar

I'm not sure that your Shell-dar is the well-calibrated machine you initially presented it as ##vote maer

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Opopanax posted:

Spot A has the best odds for the watcher fish

Interesting. We doing this?

I have roleblocker odds... so I'm gonna sit on that one for now. It's scumsided IMO, and thinking about it, I'm rather sure later day claims as to who went where are gonna be more useful than outing it outright. Can't fake what's not known.

I can say instead that I fished thrice at B and got two (lovely, though) attempts at Tracker, which makes me think there are at least decent odds there.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

(and gently caress nothing for the third attempt)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

shwinnebego posted:

I'm not sure that your Shell-dar is the well-calibrated machine you initially presented it as ##vote maer

So why does that make me scum? Does not compute

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I also have fishing spot stats for a certain fish, I am not sure if that is good info to share or not though? I mean it's not like it's all that much of a game changer

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I got a doctor fish and RB fish, I did notice there seemed to be a consistent note regarding size (similar description for both)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Incandenza posted:

I also have fishing spot stats for a certain fish, I am not sure if that is good info to share or not though? I mean it's not like it's all that much of a game changer

I mean, I do agree with Opop's logic here - watcher (and tracker, though we dunno who actually has that one) are good town roles, and actually kinda inefficient scum roles if they can't be used for chasing an actual, permanent town powerrole. So sharing those feels OK. Others, it'd depend, IMO.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

I got a doctor fish and RB fish, I did notice there seemed to be a consistent note regarding size (similar description for both)

I got a doc and some watchers, but they were not especially impressive specimens

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

Mine were unequal, so I assume there is a range.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I got two watcher and one tracker fish. There's an exact mass and an approximation size that makes me feel like I am probably competitive in the watcher department already with one of the two watcher fish.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Oh yeah I had to translate grams to lbs (I wouldn't know if a 1 lb perch is actually decent).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shellception posted:

I mean, I do agree with Opop's logic here - watcher (and tracker, though we dunno who actually has that one) are good town roles, and actually kinda inefficient scum roles if they can't be used for chasing an actual, permanent town powerrole. So sharing those feels OK. Others, it'd depend, IMO.

That’s my thinking really. A bunch of town watchers is good, scum watchers aren’t that scary. If you know, say, where all the RB fish are, that you should keep to yourself

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I'm thinking that there's probably 3/5 approximation categories (small, average, big/tiny, small, average, big, huge), and that the big RNG if everyone tries to bunch up on one or two types of fish is in the exact mass within the range. My 'big' fish is over twice as large as my one 'small' fish, but if you still wanna compete it's cool and I can probably still be beaten if there's a 'huge' category.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Uhhh is it a good idea for everyone to say what fish they got

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I got the King of the Lake and it made me permanent vanilla. Makes you think

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'm thinking that there's probably 3/5 approximation categories (small, average, big/tiny, small, average, big, huge), and that the big RNG if everyone tries to bunch up on one or two types of fish is in the exact mass within the range. My 'big' fish is over twice as large as my one 'small' fish, but if you still wanna compete it's cool and I can probably still be beaten if there's a 'huge' category.

I got "pretty small" and "a bit on the small side"... and yea, one was twice the other's size, so that tracks. Around five categories seems to work.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
All hail King Opop

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I only got one fish, but it's a big one

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
No Zander though, so I'll probably swim to another hole.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Tbf, I think sharing the fishes people got is fine. Sharing the particular sizes, particularly the larger ones, may be thorny because you're mostly telling scum "hey hi I have decent odds of being a X"... but on the other hand, scum would have to spread themselves around anyway, there's no telling which one of the people who claimed to get Tracker fish is actually going to become a Tracker. I think it's fine to share, tbh.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Opopanax posted:

drat, did it eat your fishing pole?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

If town wins the majority of the fish, the scum won't have the action economy to stop them at night based on the OP and stand a good chance of getting caught or blocked tonight instead. There could be hidden mechanics involved that turn some of that around, and it's possible that would apply to scum prizes, but a) right now we don't know that for sure, b) if people's fish info is publicized that might make untangling some night bingo scenarios easier even if they end up nasty, and c) if scum kill exclusively by fish ownership that might mean eventually somebody with spot-on reads either tips them over the edge by casing or survives a kill attempt after getting the boon they needed to properly indict someone.

Shellception posted:

I got "pretty small" and "a bit on the small side"... and yea, one was twice the other's size, so that tracks. Around five categories seems to work.

My larger roach is "pretty big" vs. the other being "on the small side", huh.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opopanax posted:

If this is true, hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I will continue fishing E today because it seems silly to waste an action moving, but I plan to avoid spot E in the future.